Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 20th:

+8
Essoje
Zeiss
Sethos
Gwydo
Araiguna
Snarg of Wildpaw
Rory
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

February 20th: - Page 8 Empty Re: February 20th:

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm

Part-way through Araiguna's explanation, Snarg swallows hard as he takes on a slightly horrified expression.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:10 pm

Araiguna and Snarg:
Xiz pauses after Araiguna's statements to frown at the Mite before continuing in a bland tone.  "If the prisoner wishes to waive his right to a trial judgement can be called summarily instead," is all he says, still looking at Araiguna with a slightly cross expression.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Araiguna was getting slightly annoyed with Xiz's tone and lack of response so he simply stated:

"No, that would be absurd. please proceed with the trial sir." with the "Sir" sounding oddly forced.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:45 am

Snarg & Araiguna:
The Sclavi leans back, adjusting his glasses.  "I feel you don't understand the severity of this situation. You are known to be guilty of this crime. It has and can be proven many times over, through both eye witness accounts and by the yellow Mage we have standing by for just such an occurrence. I am inclined to call an end to your mockery of these proceedings and just announce you guilty at this very moment," he says with just a small amount of irritation, but calms himself and folds his hands, looking up at you, "but I will give you one last chance to defend yourself. What say you?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 am

"YES!" Araiguna stands up eyeing everyone in the room going from person to person,

"I screwed up! There is no one in the adventuring, or sailing, or SOLDIERING Profession of substantial rank who can say that they have never made a horrible, HORRIBLE error that has cost someone, somewhere their life. Why am I to be punished instead of a commander who sent dosens if not more soldiers to their deaths? They return to their homes hailed as heroes. As soldiers and adventurers we accept certain risk that BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN TO US! And I will not sit by and allow lawyers and office workers decide my fate; For what little I have left, I will fight to keep." after a long pause and staring intently at the Scalvi, Araiguna mutters just so the Scalvi can hear

"Rage, Rage against the dying of the light, Do not go gentle into that good night"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:38 am

"STOP, BITE YOUR TONGUE," Snarg barks out harshly at Araiguna, "what are you doing, Mite?" He takes a deep breath and addresses the Sclavi in a much calmer tone, "Hezhit Xiz of Torthis, maybe we should give him a representative or even do this at a later time. I think he's a bit ... confused and overwhelmed with everything going on right now."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:24 am

Snarg & Araiguna:
The Sclavi gives a harumph and raps one hand on the desk, looking clearly agitated.  "Well, as it happens I have already consulted both the Adventurer's Guild and the Kilkitris of the region on this matter, and while the subject is unquestionably guilty it is the judgement of this court that he shall be placed under severe observation and supervision on behalf of someone known to be capable of handling such a... dangerous individual."  His eyes turn to Snarg briefly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:34 am

Snarg blinks rapidly and looks fully behind himself several times. "You're not saying...? Uh, what're you expecting the supervisor to do with him? Just keep him out of trouble and let you know?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 am

Snarg:
"If you feel you are unfit for the task another can and will be selected promptly," the Sclavi says rather calmly but deliberately.  "But we will require weekly reports on the individual as well as authorization for Second Wing members to visit the patient in order to attempt to both cure his mental conditions as well as assess progress."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:16 am

"Oh, yeah, I'll do it," Snarg quickly reassures him, "just let me know where to send the reports. I just hope you don't mind Gnoll handwriting."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 am

Snarg & Araiguna:
"Very well," the Sclavi continues, affecting a bored tone.  "It is the judgement of this court in the presence of military witnesses that the accused has been found guilty and shall be sentenced to be forcibly re-socialized as per the mandate of the Order."

The rest of the proceeding goes without incident and involves basic paperwork that Snarg has to sign, as well as a single magical device waved over Araiguna which they explain is a way of taking a 'snapshot' of his mental health.  Snarg is given instructions to check in at least once a week with Zeptek of Jotunheim, the Kilkitris of the local region, regardless of your group's location.

It is only about an hour later that you are leaving the city scott-free.  While the mood is obviously a bit relieved, the very first thing you see is the refugees, which at this point are literally swarming the city to the point where you need to push your way through the crowds, with no elbow room whatsoever, to maneuver on the streets.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:09 am

*Z having many hours to wait for her cloak to be finished spends her time drinking tea (which is offered to everyone present) and sulking in a corner.  Somehow her intention of having a room to herself to avoid people turned into cramming the entire group into one decent sized room, though clearly not large enough for the seven (possibly more?) people that it was currently housing. Upon seeing the tea pot and after tea is served Tabran and Kolson also set about doing the weaving to that which Kolson and Z had discussed earlier.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 am

Spoiler:

after tab has finished with the refugees he meets up with Kolson and Z (and anyone else that is left in Marblebush) and while helping with the Weaving talks over what he has learned.

"well it seems that the attack on stone hold wasn't just done by Sho and Naverre, thou the story's seem to be mixed one thing that most the Refugees talked about was daemons with Yellow eye's were on the ground during the attack so it seems that they have an alliance with some race that i have never heard of before, but we may have seen one of them do you guys remember that think that took Kezrin?.....well the description the refugees gave sounds a lot like that thing now i hope im wrong but.....*tab falls into silance*"

how i see what took Kez?:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Snarg stops in the doorway as they emerge in to the sea of refugees. He looks over the crowd as his expression grows from one of shock to dispair. "I ... I know these people; they're from Stonehold. Look at those markings," he points towards a group of Gnolls, "I know that group from Stonehold. There's so many and so sudden. No ... the attack must have been far, far worse than I thought. There's so many of them, what are they going to do? What is this city going to do? They can't take in these people." He buries his face in his hands and remains silent and motionless for a long while.

"I ... we can't stay here, you need to get out of here," he whispers hoarsely to Araiguna. His face reappears from his clenched hands, now clearly marked with deep imprints of his nails. Wordlessly guiding the Mite ahead of him, he continues on towards the city limits as he pushes past the crowd. Staring straight ahead, his gaze remains locked in place, avoiding the eyes of the refugees.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:41 pm

Tabran:
Actually if I had to place a picture on what I envision the nightmare as, just look up the first form of Metroid Prime in Metroid Prime 1.

Wildeash:
It takes a bit to fully exit the town but by the time you do you manage, by good fortune or random chance, to happen by a tent outside of town containing several fairly recognizable people, with Rory currently keeping lookout while Fier is leaning against a tree, napping, Gwydo is fully asleep, and Hanuel is sitting morosely.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Snarg slowly walks up to the tent. "Keeping a lookout? Hm," he says solemnly, his voice low, "it's all cleared up now, don't worry. I'll be back in a minute with my armor. Unless you've got some other work here, let's head back. Come on, Araiguna." With that he motions for Araiguna to follow and begins walking off towards a distant group of trees.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:42 pm

Hearing Snarg, Gwydo wakes with a start.
"Cleared up? That's wonderful."
Groaning as he sits up, Gwydo slowly gets to his feet and starts putting his armor back on, finishiong about the same time as the camp is finished being packed up.

"Thanks for keeping watch Rory, I needed the rest."

As they join the refugees heading for Marblebush, Gwydo takes Snarg aside, listening to his tale about his evening and asks if anyone mentioned the cult that the soldiers of Wildeash were accusing him of being.

Last edited by Gwydo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added conversation with Snarg)
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 pm

Snarg's replies are curt and distant, as if he's not fully paying attention. "Nope." "No cult." "Yeah, uh-huh." Several times you have to ask him twice before he seems to hear you. His gaze continually wanders around over the surrounding crowd of refugees.

Through the trip back, he tells you that Araiguna is now under his watch, which was his punishment for the murder charge. He also informs them that he must report in once a week on Araiguna's condition - no matter the circumstances. Aside from that information, he offers little else, aside from the fact that he spoke to the Warden and needs to get a large map of Dereth when they return to the ruins.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Zeiss's horse is galloping the best it can through the flow of refugees. As he is observing his surroundings, he sees Rory his companions walking towards Marblebush. Snarg and Araiguna are amongst them. Zeiss approaches them and says :

"...I thought you two were imprisoned?"

He looks around for pursuers sent by the Order or the Aluvian's military.

"Did you escape?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 am

Snarg barely acknowledges Zeiss, only offering a brief look. "No, we walked out," he responds, shuffling along with the rest of the refugees.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:27 am

Snarg's lack of explanation about their "escape" confuses Zeiss. After a few moments, he assumes there is a good reason for him not to talk about it. Snarg did seem out of it.

Zeiss decides to simple follow the group back to Marblebush.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 am

"You gonna explain to me how you managed that?" Rory pestered, lowering his voice as they passed people. "You were held up by the Order. What did they do? Were they gonna send you back to Sho or Naverre? What about that Fel Knight, where is he now?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Snarg answers without looking. "Told them what happened. Araiguna got convicted of murder and they let me go. They didn't say anything about Sho or Naverre. Fel Knight stayed back there. We need to get his and the Elf's stuff back to him."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:42 pm

Zeiss frowns.

"They let you go?"

He seems confused. Then lowers his voice and adds :

"Don't they know about the Skyclaw? You just said the Fel Knight is still alive."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:43 pm

"I didn't do anything," Snarg insists, looking a bit hurt, "and he knew better than to tell anyone."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down