Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Plans for Irondell

+4
K
Rory
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Battle Plans for Irondell - Page 4 Empty Re: Battle Plans for Irondell

Post by Rory Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:00 am

You are free to ask him about it. Try to consider past events related to Thog when looking for clues on how he might answer you.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 am

Prediction for tonight's session: Party continues to debate tactics for 4 hours!

I kid I kid.  I am curious what you're doing though, since events are rather time sensitive (I mean they always are, the world always keeps on moving after all, but things did just get tossed around a bit).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:11 am

OK, so here's an entry for Worst Idea Ever....

Where is the nearest airship and how difficult would it be to hijack it?
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 am

Corvette, maybe near Janwall. You could roll Engineering to hotwire it, but I don't know if planes work that way.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:30 am

Hijacking an airship would involve the same as hijacking a ship from just about any setting; you would either need to coerce the crew to follow your directions somehow and trust them, or know how to run an airship yourself.

As for the nearest ships?  Well there is an odd Pinnacle airship still nearby, but otherwise you would probably want to hit either the private or the military shipyards at Holtburg.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:37 am

Wait wait wait... There is a session tonight? -_-

Arch, your willpower is astonishing. I'll bake you some cookie one day.

As far as the battle plans, we'll see if we can get more details. If we can't, I'll just propose we hit hard and fast. I'll do some roleplay with Rory too to convince him to let Thog appear if necessary. And by the way... Knowledge engineering +11. Do I know where I could find an entrance to these sewers if there is one?

Still, I was CERTAIN there wouldn't be any session.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 am

Yeah, I was referring to a more "battle ready" airship for assaulting Irondell. Like Arch said, we'd basically have to kidnap the entire crew, and coerce them into participating in the attack.

Like I said, probably the Worst Idea Ever.... (or at least in the running.)

Glad to hear you're feeling well enough to run the game tonight Arch. That bodes well for your recovery.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:00 am

Maybe i'm getting ahead of myself, but right after sneaking over to the target comes how to best subdue it. Standard discipline would be to either faze your enemy or cut his perception, then beat the crap out of it. Goes double for when they outnumber us maybe 10 to 1.

If we could get some flashbangs from Holtburg (how many or how potent would depend how how big each barracks is) it would probably help. Smoke bombs would be sweet, but would probably hinder us as well, unless we carry protection. I saw a scene once, where some guys take out an entire warehouse worth of mobsters by splashing them all with fluorescent paint, then killing all the lights and beating the crap out of them. That was fun, but i don't know how much would it take to stuff a bunch of paint into some grenades to get the effect (would almost certainly be a custom item), plus we'd still have to find out how to kill the lights, which, considering this world's technology, i tremendously doubt there would be anything resembling a powerline we could sever.

So i guess flashbangs would be the most viable alternative to quickly clear a room full of unsuspecting people in this case.

Also, i would guess that if the soldiers just chill in there without their arms at the ready, there will almost certainly be weapon racks just within reach. If so, that's both the point most of them will swarm to, and the spot we'll want to secure the quickest. In all likelihood, there will be armed guards still guarding at least the standard points of entry, which will mean we'll not be able to act quickly enough if we don't dispose of those immediately. Depending on how lax their guard is, though, the windows might be exposed, so we could use those if possible. Break, throw in flashbangs if available, shield from detonation, storm the place.

But then, we have to actually sneak in first. I just didn't wanna leave it for tonight before i said this.

Last edited by K on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:20 am

A sleep smoke bomb would help too.

Depending on who is on their way to Holtburg, with enough diplomacy, I think Oghren could be convinced to fund this attack and give us enough money to buy a few gadgets if it means conquering a town. We would have to be really fast though.

I have these : Boots are Boots of Relaxation, makes the wearer capable of extended feats of action (running, swimming, etc.) without exhaustion or penalties, but lowers your AC by 5 while you are wearing them. I could be the one to go to Holtburg I guess? But if it means waiting another day so that we can attack the next night, I suggest we drop that idea and just make do with what we have.

Arch said it already : time is precious.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 am

I'm going to vote for a full rest at the very least, but that's it.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah... forgot about resting. -_-
Zeiss
Zeiss