Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transition Stuff

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Transition Stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Transition Stuff

Post by Rory Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Vahrran's "inborn" gut feeling kicks in. Outwardly visible to everyone else, he pans his gaze across the throne room, easily dismissible as typical Chiss behavior.

Use Force:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:23 am

Rory:

Dake wrote:"...Hey."

He noticed that she was looking in the direction of the Temple.

"You worried about something?"

Korra shivers before turning her head to you. "Yes. No. I don't know. I'm happy that we were able to expose Aro but I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish. His actions since the confrontation in the hall just don't make any sense. I mean, all he had to do was walk away. It's not like we could have immediately stopped him. So what was his goal?"

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am

Ominae steps in. "Being a droid, he'd have known we were on to him the minute i sprung that lie about the transmitter. But i think you're right, there's more to it than that. Being that he had to already have all the information he could need about this place, there are only two things i can think he could've accomplished by coming here afterwards. One was to kill the Prime Speaker. The other, and what scares me the most, is that he was just stalling us. It's pretty apparent to me now that the Empire's been counting on us to find this Artifact for them before we even entered hyperspace, but we can't have been their only means of detection. And the Dark Side aura i've been feeling is getting worse, and if i can feel it, so can every other trained Force-Sensitive on this planet. Either way, the Force is telling me we need to be there (points in the direction Korra's been looking at, rather deliberately too) right now. If i could be in two places at once today, i would, but until i master that skill, we need to make a choice, and we need to make it now.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:10 am

Dake frowns.

"Artifact? The First Speaker wanted us to find an artifact in the Temple?"

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:52 am

ooc:

"Manner of speaking, i don't know what it is. Don't get any ideas about turning up an easy profit, Dake, and don't take this lightly. The dark aura i'm sensing is so strong, it's starting to give me a migraine. And i think it's only gonna get stronger.

In any case, don't spread it around."

Last edited by K on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:55 am

When Vahrran looks at his hands, he leans back from them, eyes wide, as if in reaction to something strange. If someone were to look his way, they might notice something uncharacteristically..."emotional" about his expression.

Kolson:

After lowering his arms, Vahrran then focuses on one individual ahead of him and begins to squint a little, as if trying to see better.

Kolson, Cont.:

Last edited by Rory on Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Dake seem shaken by this revelation.

"...And why hasn't the First Speaker already sent people to get this artifact?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:52 pm

"He had his reasons. The short of it is, it was supposed to be safe here, but now... i sensed it last night. And if i can do that, it means it's no longer safe. Palpatine must've sensed it too, so he sent in the Armada, and if he's willing to go this far, then i definitely can't let whatever is out there fall into his hands."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Rory:

"Well, then what should we do now? Do we go for the artifact or stay here and investigate?" asks Korra.

"Pardon me, ma'am." Interjects Jim unexpectedly. "I know you aren't asking me but it seems we are the people bein' sent to fetch the artifact, right? We should get crackin' on that instead of all this other talk. I reckon they have perfectly good law folk here about for that. Well, that's just my two credits anyway."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Dake looks at Korra and says :

"Hey, I was planning to follow the kid to that temple for tourism sake. Now, I don't mind risking my life to secure an artifact from the Empire's clutches, but do you think the First Speaker would reward us with some money for doing so? To be a do-gooder is fine and all, but I still have to pay for my ship's fuel, my equipment's repairs, the bribes required not to get arrested, the usual five stars food and the weekly adult rated magazine. So, you see my dilemma..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:42 pm

To Dake:

"Consider it an investment. Either way, aren't you already getting paid in artwork or something?"

To Korra:

"For what it's worth, what the Force told me was that we'd have answers once we got to the temple. That may not be much for all of you, but Jim said it himself: they have their own people on the case here. Not that i don't want to know what's up with the Droid, but i feel like the situation at the temple getting more urgent. And there, they don't have anyone; it's on us.

We should request that data on the blockade that Aro was so dodgy about -  maybe ask them to upload it to our ship's computer, to save time, and be on our way as soon as possible."

To Dake again:

"Might not be a bad idea to ask them to get a tech team to do a sweep of the ship, while we're at it. It may well be crawling with tracking devices right about now, knowing what we now know. Some security posted there might be in order too, just in case. I think we've earned that much."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Dake twitches at the mention of "our ship". And in respond to Ominae, he says :

"Why would we need to do that? Glitch and the rest of my droids are already guarding my ship. They'll know if someone tried to put tracking devices on it. In any case, if we are going to that temple, we should go now instead of talking. I think Vahrran is getting bored."

He took a look at Vahrran who seemed to be in deep thoughts.

"He looks and even more distant than usual..."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:56 am

ooc:

Last edited by K on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:28 am; edited 2 times in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:08 am

Vahrran silently hurries toward the entrance of the throne, shutting the doors behind him, as quietly as he did only as an afterthought.

Kolson:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Seeing Vahrran running away, Dake could do nothing else but follow him, leaving his three companions paralyzed by the absence of his leadership.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:17 am

"Korra, we'll need to clear it with the Prime Speaker before we leave anyway. Could you ask him?"

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:47 pm

Last time we left the heroes they were inching their way down a dilapidated, poorly lit hallway in the abandoned Jedi Temple on Caamas trying to find a source of great fear that Ominae sensed from that direction. The sounds of severely out of place children's laughter echo all around them. It seems to be coming from the room ahead.

You guys come upon two doors, not unlike the two previous. The straight one is stuck closed. It currently doesn't have any power so manual opening is impossible. The one to your left is partially open and is the source of the laughter.

Twelve ghostly Jedi younglings* are at play in what looks like a ghostly classroom. Their hover chairs have been pushed against the wall and the troupe is practicing levitating balls into each other. They are about the size and weight of a soccer ball (football if you prefer :p). The younglings all look about seven or eight and range in species. Three in particular stand out.

1. A small Caamasi boy, lithe and fast. He is dodging the balls without returning them to the others, instead pushing them off into the wall. The other kids are starting to complain but he answers mater-of-factly that "If I don't return them, then you can't throw them at me anymore."

2. One of the protesters is a lanky, green-skinned Mirialan girl with long black hair tied into a double-braid. "Come on Ylenic, that's not fair. You are supposed to throw them back!"

3. A human boy wearing the green robes of a Corellian Jedi initiate sits apart from the others. He is taller than the rest and has long dark hair and broad shoulders. His face is currently screwed up in concentration as he struggles mightily to lift the ball with his mind. He isn't having much luck.

The rest are indistinct and out of focus shadows, there and interacting but having no real part in the proceedings.

Question: Will you guys continue to listen to their conversation or do you want to try anything?

*A youngling is a species neutral way of referring to Jedi initiates. They varied in age from 5 to 12 and were taught the basics of the Force and the Jedi Way by a wide range of teachers within the Order, including the members of the Jedi Order's governing body the Jedi Council.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:46 pm

"Relax, they are not real," Vahrran reasons. "Their behavior and mood clashes with...this place. That woman has thrown up another illusion. Just ignore them."

He palms the door with the intent of pushing it open to try his preferred method of "dealing" with the anomaly.

Perception:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:05 am

Result:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:32 am

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 pm

OOC:

Does anyone want to try anything else before I move us along?

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:40 am

ooc:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:15 am

ooc:

*Ominae approaches the trio of recognizable kids.

"Uh, hi."

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:54 am

OOC:

Being the smallest of the group, Ominae easily squeezes through the half-open door. As he walks closer to the apparitions, the rest of you notice that he takes on more and more of the same ghostly quality as the kids. In fact, as he gets closer to them he starts shrinking, not unlike a person walking down a long hall and getting progressively further and further away.

To Ominae however, the kids gradually come more and more into focus until...

K:

...Ominae disappears completely to be replaced by 3-foot-tall green alien of exceedingly old age. Wearing his little Jedi robe he limps along with the aid of a well used cane and speaks in a peculiar dialect of Basic as he calls the Younglings to order.

Pic of the Old Jedi:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:37 am

ooc:

*"Yoda" lightly taps his cane on the floor before calling, in a kind tone.

"Younglings. Come now, time for a different kind of practice."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down