Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by Rory Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:57 pm

I think I already know all the answers to my questions, or they're just inconsequential, except for 1: the very first one on the list.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:02 pm

I think that would be a Knowledge Politics roll in that case Rory. Wait, Advoc can make that roll since basic skills are transferred to the Aspect. So that would be +12 since his INT mod is +3. You can roll Arch, my Aspect is ready. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Hm... hey, does Javan knows Zeiss has been captured as well?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:41 pm

No Javan.  That goes ditto for Zeiss, who isn't aware Javan was captured.

The K:P roll on sentencing results in you knowing that Sho laws vary from Province to Province, and even then there's an entirely different set of laws applying to outsiders, lessers, Burun, and the military.  That being said, what you know about Sho military is that they tend to be rather strict; passing sentence from private hearings which the accused has no say or place in, and carrying out said sentences more or less immediately.  They also view imprisonment as injust and so try to do so as briefly as possible.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:58 pm

So basically Javan and Zeiss are screwed unless they can make a convincing case to their questioners, IF they decide to question us at all.

Or have a third party interfere. Which is unlikely, considering everyone and their mothers have a reason to hate the party, even if they are not aware of it yet.

And considering who died, they might want a scapegoat anyway. Or two. *le sigh*
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 am

Why!? What did the goats ever do to anybody!?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:21 pm

I, uh... I don't even... It's like a Rory Link, but without the link part.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Hey Arch. Zeiss will make a Knowledge Politics to confirm how right or wrong my theory is. The bonus is +13. And an action point.

From the roll I made earlier, I know the guy who was assassinated is someone from Lightmane's office. Things would be simpler if he had been miraculously saved from the edge of death, but I doubt that's what happened. So let's assume he's dead. I imagine that having an Aluvian citizen, who happens to also be a member of the government, murdered on Sho territory is bad for the Sho Empire as a whole. It will certainly add to the political turmoil the war has already caused. And when Aluvia asks for an explanation on what happened, they might not be satisfied with the only valid answer the Sho can give them, which is : "Zeiss of Wintersong, an Aluvian citizen, assassinated your guy".

You can correct me Arch, but considering the current relation between the two nations concerned on this matter, and the fact that Aluvia only has the word of some Sho authorities about what exactly transpired, that incident might just be the excuse that bring these two to war. I would not be surprised if Aluvia requested that Zeiss be brought to them since the Empire is the one at a political disadvantage here (from my point of view at least). SO... could Zeiss' imprisonment or escape determine the possibility of a war between Sho and Aluvia? And if so, would it be possible for Zeiss to smooth things over between the two?

I know that I do not have the full picture, but I just wanted to share my thoughts and try to figure out what kind of sick tragedy you actually put me in. Razz

Now let's hope that Lady Lightmane is holding her ground because if the rest of the nobility makes her sit on the bench, I think things are going to go poorly for me.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:16 pm

It also means that even if the Sho military believes you (very possible, now that i think about it), in the political scheme of things, it won't matter. For the sake of international relations, the blame has to fall somewhere.

That means the party has to find the real culprit, the question is how.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:18 pm

Let's just wait for Roche to get us out of prison. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:19 pm

Or you could, dunno, be smart, grab the murder weapon, have a third party yellow mage cast scan on it, see if it wouldn't make Zeiss innocent, and then approach the Sho military?

If the burden of proof lies on the culprit, then that would be the fastest way to go about it.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:21 pm

Kolson threw it into the ocean.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:27 pm

O_o
o_O
O_O
o_o
=_=
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:28 pm

I hope Roche gets me some cheese with that beer.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:46 pm

It's also likely that the culprit "used protection" to avoid being caught. Yellow mages exist as commonplace in Dereth and are in a fair demand for hire in most official organizations.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:01 pm

Likely or not, you do not get rid of the murder weapon unless you are the real murderer. That's stupid, specially if you are being framed.

Unless you are the greatest criminal mind ever and had ample time to work your magic, you can't get rid of everything that might trace back to you, and the worst case scenario is that it'll not lead to the real murderer, but it'll create a contradiction of some kind.

And with scan technology and magic of the setting, them knowing what was the time the digitals in a certain item were made, stuff like that.

TL;DR; Version: The DERP is strong in this one party.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:12 pm

A, do not call me stupid. So terribly sorry I threw it away, won't happen again. B, the weapon is already gone, so hopefully we won't need it for evidence.

If need be, I could swim down there and get it myself. It doesn't sound like a good idea, but I will give it a try if we agree that it would be for the best.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:20 pm

A: Not calling anyone stupid. The action itself was stupid.
B: Agreed, let's hope the lack of the murder weapon, the most importance piece in any murder investigation ever, does not become a deal with hardcore Sho justice, where the burden of proof lies on the suspect.

Unlike real-world US justice, where the lack of the murder weapon could allow someone to be freed even if they are the murderer, the lack of the murder weapon in this case might seal the deal instead, since the party tried to escape, making them the prime suspects.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Now now, let's not dwell on the stupid or smart things any of us did or didn't do. I'm pretty sure we'd all be throwing mud at each other's faces in no time. Flat.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Very belated answer to Zeiss' check: After serious consideration, I've decided that your roll plus AP means that you think that given the incredibly tenuous situation between the Sho and the Aluvians, there's a pretty good chance that there's no smoothing this over regardless of what happens to you because you, as Warlord of the Exchange, are going to be seen politically as Lady Lightmane's direct subordinate.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:44 pm

And I haven't even met that chick. -_-

Oh WELL. It seems to me that the only we can do is to find these assassins again because : 1) they framed us and more importantly 2) they tried to kill us and our families.

So let's just blow them up to hell, clear our names again and have a beer when this is finished.

By the way Arch, Kolson will have to wait before he can go on that meeting with Kinzh'Lizakh, right? I remember you telling us that our meeting was scheduled for the 3rd March and I doubt he would accept to hurry up.

And don't worry, I don't think your response was "late". Smile
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 am

I assumed that when Kolson said we will visit Kinzh'Lizakh tomorrow, he obviously meant...

...Friday, in real life time.

I dearly wish we could blow them to hell, Zeiss, but they did manage to destroy more than one criminal bloc, and we only sunk a ship. The times we swallowed other blocs were assists: we assisted and collected the spoils.

Not unless we really go "Taken" all up in their business.

I mean that's what Rory almost did...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:30 am

Essoje wrote:A: Not calling anyone stupid. The action itself was stupid.
B: Agreed, let's hope the lack of the murder weapon, the most importance piece in any murder investigation ever, does not become a deal with hardcore Sho justice, where the burden of proof lies on the suspect.

Unlike real-world US justice, where the lack of the murder weapon could allow someone to be freed even if they are the murderer, the lack of the murder weapon in this case might seal the deal instead, since the party tried to escape, making them the prime suspects.

What system of justice? It's a frame job. Justice has nothing to do with it. When has justice had anything to do with anything in this game? I got rid of the weapon to remove a piece of evidence that would only help the other side. I did what I thought was best. Just like when you laid down on the ground and said "Please fucking kill me, Mr. Sho! I don't like living anyway."

Need I remind you, Mr. Know-it-all, no one would have been caught if not for you. Now I have to throw together a rescue operation down half a team instead of laying low and completing our mission. You have done us no favors since the inn. All you've done is complain and call people stupid. I'm tired of it. Either get your shit together or don't come back.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:43 am

^ See, this is what i was talking about in my previous post. No. Time. Flat.

Without denying the satisfaction that i can't help but derive from Kolson venting my frustration for me before i was driven to that point myself, as indeed others have done in the past in similar circumstances, i will say, Javan, that you had no short amount of time to object against throwing that rapier into the ocean, as indeed all of us did.

Could it have been put to better use? Sure, i'll say as much. I even feel like a bit of an idiot for not having given it any thought. But it's done now, and unless someone can actually dive in there and try to get it back, the point of mulling over it is nonexistent unless you wish to set off this kind of reaction.

Please bear in mind that you're not the only one that gets angry at other people's actions or attitude in this campaign. You have not a clue how much more caustic i'd be if i allowed myself to go full bore on half the occasions someone in the party does something stupid, which is why i use this dumb passive-aggressive rethoric a lot of the time.

Now can we all be friends again? Wink
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:38 am

Continuing, if we've all had our piece to say, we should get moving.

Kolson, if we can go IC, and you can point out the place you threw the rapier into the water, me and Rory can go diving. We do have use for that thing, when all is said and done.

Are we go?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum