Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

+12
Rory
K
Gwydo
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Caladrius
Snarg of Wildpaw
Araiguna
Sethos
Ashakel
Kolson
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
16 posters

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress Empty First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:12 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Archengeia on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 am

Spoiler:

*so when every one gets back (my team excluded) my character will say to them in a hushed voice*
"You know i think we have walked in on some political ladder climbing, let me explain what my team found first, while asking the locals about what's been happening, it seams that the only farms been hit are the ones that aren't paying for the Guardian protection, no one was killed, no hostages were taken not even loot was taken, the last attack they just ran in and tried to burn the crops, but when they encountered resistance they turned tail and ran for it, which doesn't fit with what the bill says about them.

*takes a sip from his drink*

so after speaking to the last raid victim half of my team insisted on scouting ahead so i came back to make sure that what we had learned out there was at least relayed to the rest of you guys, also while ive been waiting here ive overheard that the Mayor is for the chop even thou he is keeping everything running smooth and making the town lots of money"

"so how about the rest of you?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:00 am

"That goes a way towards explaining a few things we found out," remarks Kolson, "The mayor originally hired Oakheart, but they seem to have had a falling out recently. In fact, it's safe to say they are down right hostile. But that is when things get weird. I was so sure he'd jump at the chance to undermine a political rival but when we implored him to tell us his side of the story, he slammed his office door right in our faces. Wouldn't even think of working with us."

Kolson pauses and takes a bite of his spiced chicken with dates and washes it down with some water.

"Mmm, that's good. Anyway, get this. He places no small measure of blame on the local militia, which has withdrawn from their normal patrol routes to guard the town proper. The new patrols are extra long and the men and women of the militia are exhausted and irritable. I don't have any proof but I suspect they're being softened up. Probably for whatever this so called Guardian has planned for the town."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 am

Ashakel walks in together with Javan, as the inn is slowly filling with the rest of the guild. "Wild beasts are easier to talk to than these bloody officials. Somebody get me a drink... And better make that two."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:41 am

Sethos and his group wander in and sit down at the slowly filling table.

"I hope you guys have some better information than us"

He sits down and composes himself before speaking.

"There's a fellow named Hotawa who's the favourite to replace Zigund as mayor and his supporters are hoping to appeal to the governor when he gets here in two days" He takes a breath.

"That's about it, I'm beginning to think that the gnolls are simply acting on their own rather than as players in a conspiracy, what do you guys think?"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:53 am

"one thing you forgot to mention sethos, the man the townsfolk are looking to hire as the new mayor has made his fortune on the same type of crops that are currently being burned on the farms around town, figs and dates. There is still the possibility of a conspiracy. Hotawa looking to remove competition? or even showing that he has personal stake in the gnoll attacks to make himself look more favorable as a candidate for mayor. although, I'd much prefer to sort that out at a later time, we have comrads to save!" At that moment Araiguna lept from his chair, and rushed out the door and started heading toward the area where the battle with the gnolls was taking place. when he gets there, Araiguna makes a point of scouting out the area by staying hidden in the surrounding bushes/foliage.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am

Whis Kor slams his fist down on the table upon hearing the reports.

"It's even worse than I thought! Those who profit off of such things make me sick" he spits. He takes a swig of drink, calms down a bit, and looks around at the group.

"The only member of the court we were able to speak with was Lunka of Skeer. She's opposed to the bill and has some distaste towards the accommodating mayor, but that's about it. The intelligence matches up with yours: the gnolls are simply razing the date and fig farms around the outer reaches of the city."

His brow furrows a bit as he stares in to his drink.

"We met personally with the 'Guardian' Oakheart" he says with a mocking tone, "and judging by what has been presented and what I have seen of him, an extortionist of the worst sort. He's obviously been lying about his encounter where he slew 20 Gnolls, if the reports from the farms that Zabran presents are accurate. I could not even find signs of recent combat on his armaments."

Whis Kor looks up, seeming a little weary and older than normal.

"I've seen his kind before in my own platoon... Sometimes there is more trouble from the local garrison than what they're claiming to protect the citizens from. They were punished appropriately, but the damage had been done already."

He suddenly spins around and scans the room.

"Where is Zeiss' team? Did they tell anyone they would be late? No, I don't think so. Well, it appears we'll be waiting for them, assuming they haven't found some other opportunity and headed towards greener fields instead."

Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Ashakel listens carefully to what the others are saying. His mood is slightly better after a few sips of his drink. "Well, it appears to me we're also gonna have to bash some other types of heads around here, not just the gnoll ones. It seems the gnolls are just the tools of this extortionist, but what we don't know is... What's in it for them, if they're not getting any loot? And how is he controlling them?"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:34 pm

"Easy, you can't simply go around cracking skulls. That will do little more than land you a spot in the local jail, or worse, the chopping block. If there's something more going on here, the best course of action would be to pursue it through the local authorities. The authority we have been granted extends to killing Gnolls only at the moment. If they happen to allow us to take action, so be it."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 pm

"Fine, fine...I think I've maybe had a little too much to drink", Ashakel replied with a wicked smile on his face.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 pm

"Did we not also hear about a tariff being lifted on the dates and figs? Who was it that was looking to impose that now?"

Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:28 pm

"Looks like I'm not the only one who's been drinking around here, hehe...", the troll added with a smile directed at the burun.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Sethos wrote:"Did we not also hear about a tariff being lifted on the dates and figs? Who was it that was looking to impose that now?"
Sethos, or anyone from team 1:
Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Whis Kor turns to Sethos with an expression of interest.

"Oh, really now? It would not be incredibly unusual for an import tariff to exist on dates and figs, seeing how it is their primary product and they likely want it to stay that way domestically. What's this talk of a change? Try to remember details; they are important. Sudden, major changes in that policy could be a signal of certain ... things."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Whis Kor wrote:Whis Kor turns to Sethos with an expression of interest.

"Oh, really now? It would not be incredibly unusual for an import tariff to exist on dates and figs, seeing how it is their primary product and they likely want it to stay that way domestically. What's this talk of a change? Try to remember details; they are important. Sudden, major changes in that policy could be a signal of certain ... things."

Turning to Whis, "I believe it was a tariff being imposed on dates and figs to restrict shipping, it's being brought in by the mayor apparently. It's almost like he's deliberately trying to make unpopular political moves"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm

Araiguna wrote:
Sethos wrote:"Did we not also hear about a tariff being lifted on the dates and figs? Who was it that was looking to impose that now?"
Sethos, or anyone from team 1:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:08 pm

After sitting quietly Caladrius speaks up.
"The two people who appear to be the ring leads of this little charade are Mayor to be Hotawa are Guardian' Oakheart. If my speculation is correct, whatever is going to happen will be happening when Hotawa arrives in two days, not four. It would also not surprise me this little errand for us was to get us out of the city while the city was being taken over"
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

"An export tariff on those?"

Whis Kor looks very surprised at the sound of that.

"There's few reasons for that and none of them I like. I don't suppose you found out the stated reason for this? I can see it making some sense to a town preparing for war, but it would be extremely odd for... Were there any other tariffs being introduced or was this the only one? That could tell us a lot."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Whis Kor turns to Caladruis.

"What do you know of Hotawa aside from the fact that he seeks to be mayor?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Caladruis replies
"There are only two possibilities for Hotawa, he part of a lager conspiracy or he is a proxy fall guy being set up by Guardian' Oakheart. Either way he is involved or I think we need to pay him a visit to find out which."
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:23 pm

After hearing what Caladrius had to say, the troll stands up and spits on the floor. "To take over the city? *spit* Well that just might be why the gnolls are so cooperative, they're probably expecting some nifty prize after that!"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:26 pm

"I think paying him a visit would be a rather good plan." Hanuel takes a gulp of water before speaking again. "Though I'm worried some of us may have unintentionally tipped them off about how much we know already."

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:43 pm

"We don't know anything" says Sethos in a strained tone as he stands, "This is all just speculation at this point, what are you suggesting we do when we go to visit him? Make him admit to something that we have no evidence of? Just rumors and hearsay? I mean for the love of the land just think!" He falls back into his seat, exhausted and annoyed, after a short while of silence he speaks again "Sorry, about that, rough morning" He laughs a little and rubs his eyes in fatigue.

This is the moment Raver bursts into the inn and informs the group of the shit storm brewing further a field. Sethos stands up with Araiguna with a sigh as they make for the door "This is meant to be the easy part damnit" he mumbles as the sunshine once again dowses his face.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm

"It's never as easy as you hope." Hanuel follows after Sethos quickly, motioning for Dara to hop down beside them. "I'll catch up to them on Dara, it should be a little faster." Hanuel hops on Dara's back, the aspect in it's quadrupedal form, and rushes off towards the field, crossbow drawn.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 16 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next