Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 08: Adventure's End

+8
Snarg of Wildpaw
Araiguna
Ashakel
Z
Permeus (tabran)
Evanar
Zeiss
Archengeia
12 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

First Adventure 08: Adventure's End Empty First Adventure 08: Adventure's End

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 am

The following morning things have settled down somewhat. With no attack or incidents all afternoon, evening, or night people have begun to suspect they were a bit paranoid. Further, Tol'tarn has arrived ahead of schedule with a large contingent of formal troops to investigate the situation. After several hours they conclude the Sho were not involved in Sir Harkun Oakheart's death, and Tol'tarn declares the emergency resolved. He also has plans to, within the hour, drag Zigund before a public appearance in front of the entire town.

Last edited by Archengeia on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 08: Adventure's End Empty Re: First Adventure 08: Adventure's End

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:18 am

It seemed the town had calmed down. Even so, Zeiss wanted to leave. But he could take his time. He went to the market to buy what he saw yesterday : a better rapier and a journal.

If he could get that, he would return to the inn with the other.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 08: Adventure's End Empty Re: First Adventure 08: Adventure's End

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:21 am

Zeiss wrote:It seemed the town had calmed down. Even so, Zeiss wanted to leave. But he could take his time. He went to the market to buy what he saw yesterday : a better rapier and a journal.

If he could get that, he would return to the inn with the other.

Spoiler:
After some haggling you manage to procure the rapier but cannot find a journal of the like you enjoy. The room was cheap enough that it didn't put a dent into your gold.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am

Zeiss had an idea : maybe the Guild had finally been able to contact the person that would approve the Bill. At this perspective, he decided to go to the Guild and ask for his share.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 am

The wolf steps out of the inn with a mood that felt grim. He has spent nearly twenty whole hours doing nothing but resting in his room, mostly felt well deserved. He looked at his hand and wondered if it's still scarred. He walked downstairs to see if anyone is up, and if they are ready to head out.

He decides to move for the Guild's Hall and see if they are ready to pay.

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:31 am

The Guild hall has a note on the door stating they are closed, and in Orcish in the corner is scribbled, "And please stop asking about your gold."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:33 am

"He's screwing with me..."

Zeiss just walked back to the inn. And he then he would gather some information.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:35 am

The Lycanthrope sighs, but chuckled "They can keep the damn money for all I care." Breathing further he turns back and follows Zeiss, irritatedly walking back to the inn. "This is a mess though. What are we supposed to even do now?"

"I would love to just leave but..." The thought for Raver to simply escape from El-Arat and abandon everyone behind is so tempting.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:41 am

"This is a mess though. What are we supposed to even do now? I would love to just leave but..."

"Then leave. I'm going back to the inn.There is nothing else for us in this city. Maybe I'll wait a little, just in case the Guild does pay us..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 am

Zeiss:
Most people in the inn seem relieved not only that the rumors of a Sho attack were false, but that the Governor himself is here to sort things out. The presence of official Naverre troops is doing wonders to boost morale, and the investigation into Harkun's death is ongoing. Essentially no one is talking about anything else at all.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:44 am

"I would love to leave..." He suddenly says to Zeiss after hearing the more news at the inn. "But I doubt it'll be possible for me on my own. Besides, I do not have any clue on where I should go in my personal quest." He says quietly. An anger seeped into him.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 am

upon waking Tabran decided that before they could make their next move they would need information and went out into the streets to get a better feel for the town and its people

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabran Cole (permeus) on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:46 am

*having awakened much earlier in the day. Kezrinthka enjoyed another bowl of figs and cream with a honey-butter glazed croissant and proceed to write a short entry in her journal*
Skittish (journal entry):
Spoiler:

*after the emergency status is lifted she proceeds to drop off her Library book. On the way she hears that the Mayor will be giving a speech and instead of returning to the Inn she heads to the town square to listen to it. While there she listens to the passerbys*

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kezrinthka (Xahn) on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:49 am

Tabran:
After spending some time investigating you learn, to your temporary alarm, that you and your party were the prime suspects until the Mayor and Constable both assured the investigators that you had been visible and in town at the time of purported death, which has cleared you from suspicion. They have no other leads whatsoever.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:59 am

With Harkun and his men dead it meant that they had lost most of there barcaning chips and this appearance the mayor was been grated before sounded more like a lynch mob, his promise to the kolbolds and gnoll was looking more hopeless with each new event buy maybe this Tol'tarn could be of some help? But for now he needed food and a drink of tea also to warning the rest of the party just how close they had come!

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am

Ashakel woke up and went down to the bar of the inn. He was perhaps even more confused than the night before. What should they do? Everything they worked for was endangered because of rash decisions. He needed the money in order to be able to continue with his mission, but things were just at the brink of failure by now.

It seemed that the Olthoi was gone, and he regretted being impolite to her during their introduction. This was going to be a bad day, Ashakel could sense.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:58 pm

with a good nights rest in him Araiguna decided to head down for breakfast. he asked one of the cooks to scramble one of the eggs he had in the food box. as he waited he decided to go window shopping quickly for better weapons and armor.

Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Whis Kor was up, looking tired and pacing nervously. Every time a patrol passed, he would, almost mechanically, freeze and slightly raise his shield.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:02 pm

The wolf shakes off his schemes and looked back towards the groups, his head shook left and right in search for Gwydo.

"I have decided to return to the Fortress, and I would like to give the Tribes the money we got from Harkun and his men." He looks hopefully at anyone who might not be accusing him as insane. "...2300 gold pieces, if I'm correct."

He holds back towards his question. "Does anyone object?" Raver was not being arrogant, he wants to know if this is the right thing to do, and if his group would let him do it.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:00 pm

"And what are they going to do with the money? They need land to settle on and not money. We need to be patient if we are going to figure this situation completely. I think that both our payment from the guild and the solution to the gnolls depend on that."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:08 pm

"Now that Harkun is gone, with proof of their innocence given to the Mayor I merely expressed that giving them gold to start their own lives would help..."

"I am not saying that we should do this now, and I admit just giving them gold sounds too simple. Harkun came here to deal with them specifically, and they could be in much bigger danger than we realized. But I am curious of your opinions."

"How are we going to help the Tribes? Or are some of you planning to abandon them?"

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

"The tribes need to settle either here like they were promised or in the lands to the north. Or to leave. There are no more options. Don't forget that Harkun was assassinated, which means there is a bigger game at play here, and I don't like that at all. This got too complicated, like always it does when power and gold and all the other luxuries of civilization are involved. If you want to help the tribes, we need to get to the bottom of this."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 pm

Raver considered what the troll said, and gently nodded. "I agree... If only we had any leads..." He grunted.

"Perhaps the poison? Has Kolson found out about it? What about the guards? When was the last person that saw Harkun? Were there any witnesses to his death? I doubt it, but... I do not know. We need something to bite if we want to continue investigating."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:27 pm

"If you guys found any gold, we all should get a fair share of it. Those who want to give it to the Gnolls and the Kobolds can do so. That way, we won't have to argue..."

Zeiss looked at the others, tired of the situation he found himself into.

"Before we decide on any plan, we should join the others at the ravine."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:29 pm

"I was thinking of tracking down councilwoman Lunka. Our last meeting went not that well, I think that she'll be willing to talk now. I want to question her about Hotawa, because I know too little of him. He seems to be a major player around here and we completely missed him. Later maybe we could go directly to him, because now the trade is dead I guess he doesn't have much to do."

"I'm not going to the ravine. It's sensless at this point."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next