Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 09: Epilogue

+9
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
K
Gwydo
Ashakel
Evanar
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First Adventure 09: Epilogue Empty First Adventure 09: Epilogue

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:50 am

The evening of the 23rd, Hotawa stays true to his word and, working with several Guild officials, sends official emissaries out to the ravine and gets into contact with both tribes. While naturally suspicious, both agree that it seems like the best idea going forward and by the end of the evening they are taking temporary residence in several abandoned farmhouses on the outskirts of town, with the paperwork to make them formal members of the Confederacy already being drafted and should be finalized by the end of the week. A few townsfolk are hesitant, but for the most part they are accepting. The Gnolls will be spending much of the next few days helping to repair the damage they caused and offering some of their supplies to the farmhands.

The following morning you find to your delight that the Guild has finally approved the transaction of funds for successful completion of the Bill, in Bad Faith. Also that morning, Gnawbone approaches your group and offers you a small reward as thanks. They do not have much to share, with the circumstances and the reparations they are already paying, but the following is what they are offering you:
Gloves of +1 INT
Necklace of +1 CON
Facemask of +1 AC
Elaborate Hat of +2 Mana
Cloak of +2 Reflex

Chittick-Hide Studded Leather Armor (Light Armor, Maximum DEX bonus of +5, AC of +3 and +2 Material bonus)

Steel Light Crossbow (Light weapon, 1d8 +3 Material bonus)
Steel Battleaxe (1d8 x3 crit +3 Material bonus)
Steel Dagger (Light weapon, 1d4 +3 Material bonus)

It is at this point up to your various party members whether or not to stay as a group and seek further adventures together, and determine your next move.

And as of this morning, everyone has leveled to Level 2.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 09: Epilogue Empty Re: First Adventure 09: Epilogue

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 am

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tabran Cole on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:20 am

Raver could not be more relieved; he has been breaking his mind attempting to find a way for the tribes to not get hurt, and securing them a proper future. But the ominous force that's mysteriously lingering behind the town of Al-Erat worries him, though he ultimately accepts that he is not capable to deal with them with his current predicament. He bows gratefully at the tribes and hopes that he has kept his promise for Slivina and her fellow Kobold Dragonflyers as well as to Gnawbone and his Gnolls.

Spoiler:
The wolf stands at the crossroads. He left his home burning without maps, scrolls, directions or clues for the next step. More than ever, he wishes to concentrate on his task, and fulfilling the mission his Father has sacrificed his entire life for.

But he cannot do it alone. And if the party will follow him or not, he knows he cannot leave them either.

As for now, unless a few will split paths, accept and join his task, or if all of them will have their own altogether, he will stay. Until the Beyond sees them or him as unworthy.

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 am

Raver sits on the bench, his face darkened in the shadows once more; he looks up, and speaks to anyone who will listen to him.

"What I am..." He hesitates "Trying or attempting to do... Is nothing short of difficult or challenging. It will put some or all your lives at risk, which will be a deep worry for me, even though I must see this mission accomplished. It’s why I even left and arrived here. If you are interested to hear what I’m proposing, and is willing to accept this burden, no Lycanthrope will ever be as grateful as I." He nods gently. Feeling scared. He gazed to Tabran, the only one of his race in the group.

He stood up, taking a deep breath. The biggest he has done since he stepped on Al-Erat.

“...As you know, as all of you know, the Dericosts have created a race to serve and obey their laws and houses. Willfully and without questions. These are the Lycanthropes. And what is separating us from mindless and obedient tools is the emotions we can feel as any other race. I was birthed by one who believed that such a creation is an insult to the equality for sentient creatures…”

“I was not a servant to him, but a student. Our work was solely on the purpose of giving... Us, the chances for a way to live, as we are restricted from having a life for ourselves. I was one of the many experiments he deemed as a partial success and what gave him hope that there is a way to set us free.”

“Thirteen days ago he was murdered and our home was destroyed, I fear he was betrayed, by whom I do not know. And I want to avenge my Father by accomplishing his life-long goal... Freeing the Lycanthropes.”

“I know this sounds rash, bold, and insane. No one will agree with you more than I... But I must see it through. Now or one day. For the better or worst…”

“And I would… Like not to be alone on it.” Up until now he kept his head down. He raises his eyes to Zeiss and Higaide. Remembering the actions that nearly doomed them.

“I know all of you have other more pressing and personally urgent matters… And I am forcing no one into this. I have merely stated my task. Should all of you decline, I will neither leave nor be upset. I will understand, and continue on the alternate path this group will prefer. But I wish to make clear of my intentions, as keeping it a secret might bring danger from those who are hunting me.”

“That is all.” Raver sits back down, resting in melancholy, as if he gave a long speech that lasted a whole day.

He did not want to look egoistical, to make this problem be the most important. But he did not care what reply he will hear now.

The independance of a people should not concern a whole group of which are not even of the same race as him. Raver knows this, and it is why he questions if his task is even worthy of pursuing at all. Is freeing the Lycanthropes really a good idea? Should he just give it up?

Too many doubts is settling in his mind, questioning what he learned throughout his entire existance. A part of him dearly hopes all of them to disagree and seep some insults and judgments, and make his day done.

Is this the right thing to do?
It's all he knows or been taught. His death would had spared everyone of this very moment.

Last edited by Evanar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 8 times in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:52 am

Tab was shocked he know the wolf was hiding something but this.... it was clear by how he had been acting that something was bothering him but Tab had not even considered this? he had planed on sending the report he had written last night and was as Raver spoke sitting in his bag ready to send back home but now what to do? this would take time to sink in before he made up his mind as what to do.

Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:38 am

Ashakel listenedto to the Lycan's story: "Your mission is worthy, Wolf. I support your path is searching freedom for your race. But I cannot follow if my own path doesn't take me in that same direction. I am sorry. I have my own quest to deal with " With that, Ashakel bowed to Raver.

Then, he turned his gaze to Kezrinthka: "Forgive me for my....rudeness back at the inn. There was a commotion and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I.... would require your help in a personal matter. If it is alright with you, I would like to assist you in your mission and then... maybe I will gain your trust."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 am

Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 am

@Ashakel and Raver
"you have both talked of your missions but do eather of you even know were to start?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:58 pm

*To Gnawbone, rather humbly*

"I was just serving my sentence, Boss."

*To Silvina*

"Whoever did this to you is still out there, but so far they've consistently tried to do things quietly. Now that you're in the light, i doubt they'd profit from harming you.
I'm guessing whatever travelers come through this town and see you all living together will probably have a story to tell when they get home. Then their families tell their neighbors - town gossip and all that. Then, little by little, the Kobolds and Gnolls out there start to be viewed with less suspicion, until one day you might walk through a random town and see them walking and talking and doing their everyday lives together with all the other races. And a few generations later, before you know it, history has been made. I'm probably oversimplifying it, but it could be a tremendous thing you're doing here, Matriarch."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:49 pm

"I want to make one thing clear... My task would not be urgent for me, and not in need of pursuing now if not for the rumors of this incoming war, and the people who might be hunting me."

"I want my mission to solely be my main focus and concentration... But that is only me. And I feel that bringing this to all of you is important. A sign of trust I am placing. But I doubt any of you are interested in the matter, which I am alright with."

"And so... I am fine with whatever this group will decide. I have merely presented an option."

"Your mission is worthy, Wolf. I support your path is searching freedom for your race. But I cannot follow if my own path doesn't take me in that same direction. I am sorry. I have my own quest to deal with."
The wolf nods to Ashakel. As if he knew that was going to be his response. "Of course."

"you have both talked of your missions but do eather of you even know were to start?"
"My Father's home. That is where I'll go." He said to the Fox. "I have fled there to avoid capture. His hidden research could hold vital clues."

Last edited by Evanar on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Haneul stepped down the stairs of the inn later than the others, having taken the opportunity to have a long bath. Their hair was braided and thrown over their left shoulder, hanging down just above elbow level. Noticing the serious mood, Haneul kept quiet, and took a seat, ordering a simple breakfast in a few words, before gazing around at the comrades they had come to know.

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Evanar wrote:

"I want my mission to solely be my main focus and concentration... But that is only me. And I feel that bringing this to all of you is important. A sign of trust I am placing. But I doubt any of you are interested in the matter, which I am alright with."

"And so... I am fine with whatever this group will decide. I have merely presented an option."

"Indeed, you have opened your case to us. I can only say that my mission begins with a book. A book I currently cannot....decipher. That is why I need Kezrinthka's help. Thus, I too will for now stay with the group. We still might hunt together for some time, Raver", the troll finished with a smile.
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:09 pm

Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

On the morning of the 24th, Whis Kor does not rejoin the adventuring party. If you happened to pass by Zigund's house on the evening of the 24th, he could be seen standing watch from across the street. Eventually, after some insistence from Zigund, he left his post.

Several merchants in the marketplace report that he purchased rations and water; enough for a long trek without resupply. The last time anyone in the town had seen him was walking in the direction that Harkun had gone.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Over breakfast at the inn, Gwydo mentions that he is going to be stopping by the adventurer's guild office on his way to the stable where he is going to try and buy the horse and wagon.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Zeiss was finished with the Bloodied Flock.

There were people in this world who had enough power to go againts the system. He had paid his debt. He learned what the assassins were willing to teach him. If Seth was in his place, he would probably tell him what he was about to do : to go his own way. And learn how to beat the system. Impose order on others instead of falling victim to it. Still, he was weak. He had the will, but not the skills. That is why he will stay with this group. He will learn from them.

He would do anything to avoid being helpless.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm

After sitting and listening to the other's talk, Rory had made up his mind. "There isn't much to go back to in Hebian-To for me," he explained. "I've been effectively evicted. I know people, sure, but I have no pals, or anyone special. Frankly, all this wandering around, staying at inns and blowing money on weapons and the finer things in life has a charm to it."

He paused and looked at the wolf and the troll before continuing. "I never thought I'd get my kicks from kicking ass, but it almost feels like I was born for it. I'm not an idiot, I know that there's strength in numbers. I think we should all stick together, if we all feel the same. We've got a good thing going here, and so long as you can promise me that there will be time to relax and enjoy life during the down-time, I don't mind heading wherever the group wants to go. And as long as I like what you guys are doing, I'll stick by you in your endeavors."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 pm

Looking sideways at Rory, barely containing a smirk, "Finer things in life.... Like wine barrels?"
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Rory shoots a dirty look at his response. "The least you could've done was brought up a full one. And yes, I would have drank all of it."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:18 pm

The lugian guffaws. "Aye, I'm sure you would've tried. That's why I didn't bring you a full one! I couldn't afford it!"
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 pm

"ok while i am here for the money that the guild pays and the learning of new things im interested in your idea Raver and while i don't know if it can even be done let alone were to start your search other that your fathers place, for now i will join you and may i say that we see what the Trolls book has to say who knows our paths may lay on the same road. but for now i have one or two things to look at in this town before i do anything else"

"i don't see Whis anywhere? who saw him last?"

*Tabran gets up ready to leave the inn*

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Tabran Cole wrote:
Spoiler:
The Governor has no information about Centaurs within the entire state and finds the matter concerning. He passes the information along to his investigators.
After talking with the healers and checking the library you find no mention of any poison that even has the same type of effect as the one you encountered.
The Guild has two new Bills that were just brought in today, details of which shall be given later.
Still waiting on everyone to check in for loot before distributing it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:53 am

*Higaide borrows Sethos' pipe and has a long, lazy smoke sitting on the inn's window.*

"...................................."

*Life was good. For now.*
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:12 am

*kezrinthka listens curiously to the lycanthrope's tale. He was so earnest and yet so naive and foolhardy. Free the lycanthrope race?*

Skittish (muttering to herself):
Spoiler:

*shake head. This "freedom" would be the same as declaring war on their master's. No. She would have no part of this madness. Conflict was pointless and only brought strife and hardship upon the people. And war, war would be disasterous. She would have no part in it. If the wolf managed to recruit the others to his cause then so be it. She would stay and observe the group, even if that was the case, so long as the humans remained she could not leave them. This was too good an oportunity. Humans. She had made contact with humans a race the books had no knowledge of.*

Ashakel wrote:"Forgive me for my....rudeness back at the inn. There was a commotion and I wasn't sure what was going to happen. I.... would require your help in a personal matter. If it is alright with you, I would like to assist you in your mission and then... maybe I will gain your trust."

*turning her gaze away from Lycanthrope and his queer request, she addresses the Troll*

"There is no need of appologies, for there has been no offence. As to helping me with my mission, you are already doing much for me by allowing my presence within your ranks. If only I may be of assistance with your quest, then I will do my best to aid you, should it be within my power and does not interfear with my goals. Perhaps later we can speak further on the matter. For now it seems we are at a breaking point. I believe it would be wise for your party to decide on its direction of travel before we disscuss this matter at length."

*Her ears pick up when she hears the Troll mention a book he cannot decipher and her interest is piqued. Books are something she loves and a new book is something she would be glad to lay hands upon. With that pleasent thought in her mind she observes the group around her. Some seem troubled by thoughts she knows not, others seem bored, and yet more are clearly eager to continue on to newer and brighter things. They were a loosely formed group, that was clear. She wondered what had brought them all together, and what kept them from drifting apart like so many others she had seen. Upon hearing the human designated as "Rory" speak she turns her full attention to him.*

Skittish:
Spoiler:

Rory Vallon wrote: "I never thought I'd get my kicks from kicking ass, but it almost feels like I was born for it. I'm not an idiot, I know that there's strength in numbers. I think we should all stick together, if we all feel the same. We've got a good thing going here, and so long as you can promise me that there will be time to relax and enjoy life during the down-time, I don't mind heading wherever the group wants to go. And as long as I like what you guys are doing, I'll stick by you in your endeavors."

skittish:
Spoiler:

*sigh*

*she turns to the group as a whole and speaks for the first time all morning*

"I shall follow you, my new friends, for as long as you will have me. If I may I would like to make a suggestion. Your quest here has ended, abbit in an abrupt and nonsatisfying way. I have seen many a group of adventurers disband at such an end. As you seem unwilling to part ways, I would suggest action. Let us go to the guild hall and collect your earnings. Perhaps while we are there we may discover a new Bill has been posted."

*with this I pick up my pack and proceed to stand by the entry keeping watch on the two humans in the party, eyes curiously darting between the two. I will assume that we meet up with Tabran at the same time he reaches the guild hall*

Last edited by Kezrinthka (Xahn) on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Z
Z

Character sheet
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:14 am

Spoiler:
Z
Z