Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back home

+2
K
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Welcome back home - Page 10 Empty Re: Welcome back home

Post by Essoje Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Hm, might want to consider that. I mean, if the Exchange could secure Hub passage for goods on top of that, it would be a great boom.

Anyway, in negotiations, you start by ask for more than what you want, and then slowly try to get where you really need to be. So we should add other things to that list that the Exchange will need but are not priority that will server as sacrificial lambs.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:22 pm

Asking for more is a good idea Javan. I wouldn't try to make a deal with the Mites though: there are more pressing matters than having access to the Hub.

Also Arch, like I said, the amount of money I'll ask for will be based on the current magicite price and how powerful we estimated the Leycite to be (the "we" referring to me, Kolson and Van). We do know the Skyclaw uses Leycite to power itself and Zeiss made, a long time ago, a knowledge engineering check which revealed just how much energy that thing could "project" (I think it was a radius of 10 km).

We're basically selling a portable magicite mine for all intents and purpose. Which can also be used to weave powerful items. I'm guessing we can ask for writs on top of our favors.

I'll wait until tomorrow before I post my answer to Ursolan.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:14 am

You create a list in written in fancy, fine-print etiquette and call it a negotiation of terms or something. Aluvia has the say in whether to discriminate who the Hub is allowed to grant access to its functions, second to the Mites. The Mites aren't the ones cutting off access for whoever right now, it's Aluvia.

I don't think Aluvia is operating on higher reasoning. When someone breaks the family game box, your first instinct is to go on a rampage. Opening trade with Sho could calm them down knowing they have one of the brothers on their side, and cause Naverre to hesitate and consider a ceasefire, and then maybe they could be coaxed into peace talks.

I'm trying to get the refugees out of Aluvia, but that may not be successful. At the same time, some refugees will be too stubborn to leave Aluvia. Some money from that Leycite can go to purchasing the building materials readily on hand, and paying refugees to construct suburban neighborhoods on the outskirts of town. Or, houses where there could be near the docks.

Some refugees could do all the paperwork that entails. It would give them a place other than warehouses and piers to live out of, and various talents in their job description, baths, and gold. All that can go towards job equipment and looking presentable when applying for jobs. For constructing the houses, I would appeal to the refugees first, everyone who would rather work than take generous handouts, and then scoop up those who would just take what they're given, after the houses are built.

We could also have ships built and pay for job training for people who missed the boat when applying for sailor jobs. Those ships could then be part of the Exchange, part of the Holtburg trade armada, or become the Blackbrine fleet. I don't really know this stuff, but I'm doing my best here.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:52 am

Not to discount Rory here but it's the Mites who control the Hub, not any given Nation. Aluvia is in fact suffering right now thanks to the fact that their Hubs are shut off... though they're not alone in that since Naverre's are shut off too.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:23 pm

The Mites are a nation in their own right. I wonder what their perspective is on the war?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:26 pm

This is just my guess, but I think their opinion is war = slaughter. And they don't seem like the type of people who would support slaughter made on a international level.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm

I agree with the mites' opinion. I disagree with their modus operandis.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Thanks for the free gear, Zeiss, but a Monk is most effective barehanded. I could take some feats to allow me to use weapons and armor and keep my efficiency, but i have none at the moment. I can use accessories, and gear that doesn't qualify as weapon or armor without losing functionality, but that's about it.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:50 pm

I suspect that Arch will give you something that fits your requirements.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Hmm, no one except me and Javan posted our actions for the 12th of March. I'm just wondering if the rest of you guys didn't know that it was your turn since, well, it's pretty rare for three of our players not to post anything.

But if real life is currently taking most of your time, don't worry about it.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:36 pm

Well, i kinda posted mine on the 11th. But i guess it won't hurt to affirm it. No idea as to my 2nd and 3rd, though.

It's not easy to provide humanitarian aid when we ourselves have nothing in the way of supplies to provide said aid with. I thought we could at least provide some manpower with the rebuild effort in Janwall, but having a bunch of civvies sift through a ton of rubble isn't the best way to put them through their paces, so much as making them think other career options are in order, who knew.

I'm gonna have to GI for other potential targets, but i'm guessing it's gonna be tough to find something they'll be good for, the way they are now. Are there any spots i can go for this kind of information, rather than just ask around on the street?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:49 pm

Other targets for aid? As of now you're basically spoiled for choice. Any GI checks will almost assuredly contain mis or false information due to the nature of how communication has effectively broken down with the loss of the Hub.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:51 pm

That whole thing with the Leycite caught me off guard. I'm just thinking "fine, money!" I'd like to think that noticing some benefit you could have gotten for the Leycite can be purhased with cash later?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 pm

Also, @Rory: I feel like I missed something, from my perspective Rory checked up on Sareth, found his house, didn't hear a response, left... and no one has followed up on that since, but your latest action included waiting for an update on the Sareth situation. Anyone know what I'm missing?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Well, I just sent Mevrak (the Moarsman thief) to follow up on that. I assumed Rory told me what he found out at the end of the day.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Here's an idea for you K. I remember a saying (which isn't from the Bible if the Internet is to be believed) that I find quite appropriate given the situation: "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime." We don't have much money, but we have knowledge; let's teach the refugees how to live in Dereth. And if some of them refuse to learn, they need to know that this world will crush them. Me and Rory gave you some money, which you can use it to hire people to help you, like teachers.

Just my thoughts.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:38 pm

Well, just to add on to what Zeiss is saying, these folks are seriously depressed right now. Learning how to do something tangibly useful and good can only help their self esteem.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:36 am

So my Middlers will be fully productive in a week? It feels good to know we're making some progress.

And having Mevrak as my personal slave is the natural order of things. Cool

*evil scionic laugh*

Oh, and Rory? Want to come with me to the negotiations for the Leycite? I doubt you want to do the talking, but having someone like you at my side would make me feel better if things go south. Higaide is welcome to come too.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:10 am

Yeah, instead of visiting Sareth at his home, Zeiss is sending someone else to look for him. That suggests to Rory that Zeiss is worried his friend might be in trouble. How Zeiss reached that conclusion is still beyond Rory, though.

Sure Zeiss, I can sacrifice some food-moving time to stand next to you and look tough.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:21 am

So, what is a PTC? How much HP does it have? Is it as deadly as a gazebo?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:12 am

The PTC stands for the Provincial Trading Company. It has a lot of HP and is deadlier than a gazebo.

And thank you Rory. But you don't have to edit your actions, to take part in the negotiations count as a free action.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:54 pm

Man, and here I was holding myself back to get to know my guys better, because I know how painful keeping track of minor NPCs it is for a GM...

But for reals, Higs' part just reminded me of Dwarf Fortress... that's both hilarious and a somber reminder that they'll all die in the most stupid ways possible and you'll end up shouting at the end, "No! Jeffrey! Why did you have to shut yourself into your shop?! We don't have the rare wood you are asking for! Oh no... don't do that! Oh my god, that's your SON!", then Alt-F4 from that game and delete it forever.

... Let's not play the D20 equivalent of Dwarf Fortress please. My heart can't take it.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:10 pm

And i think i just made Arch hate me for the rest of the week, too.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:55 pm

Kicking himself in the head for not seizing the opportunity to ask around in Sho territory while he had the chance, Rory laments greatly in the age-old tradition of his people, whatever that is.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Oh man, the worst case scenario I was expecting just happened. I'm going to have to deliberate on how to proceed now, although I'm welcoming any good ideas... Maaaan...
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next