Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fight For Javan

+2
K
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Fight For Javan - Page 3 Empty Re: The Fight For Javan

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:12 pm

Javan has no difficulty finding his spear. In fact... it appears to be still functioning just fine. The Corvette itself is going to be difficult to get into since the magitek-powered doors are currently not working, though Javan does hear movement and banging inside. In fact, one of the doors appears to have someone on the other side trying to smash it outwards.

The Mages still haven't woken up.

OOC:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Higaide stands watch over the prisoners, hoping backup will be here soon. He's really got a mind to go and ask the woken bum just wtf was all this about, but for now he'll just keep watch until Kolson gets here, and he can afford to let his guard down a smidge.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 pm

OOC:

Javan stares at his spear for a moment, disgusted at the knowledge this 'demon' spear is still working after the whole incident like nothing happened. Out of spite, he used the spear in an attempt to pry the door open, something unthinkable to this dragoon prior to this whole mess.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Since this corvette came from the east from the shore to the front lines, I would have to assume the safe bet in order for me not to be present for Javan's crystals going insane, I would start at the left green dot, thus further away from the coast, as indicated by google maps:
Second sketch:
This is the part where we "suddenly appear" behind enemy lines. Personally I would have picked anything but green for the legend.

From the beginning, I'll be leading the ill-equipped Veil guards and any other soldiers added to complete the formation. I'll be directing them to positions to flank Separatist squads. Their safety is a close second priority; while some will be lost in this fight, I'll be avoiding moves and strategies which result in heavy losses.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:19 pm

About how far out am I? Did my group take any losses?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:08 pm

Kolson was more than a mile out when the shockwave hit, unaffected by it personally but witnessing it at a close range. Given the time consumed by Higaide and Javan to try and deal with the situation, Kolson and his group could easily have arrived at the epicenter if they so chose to by now.

OOC:

Javan's spear rather suddenly blasts out with horribly familiar black and red lightning, blasting away a huge swath of the Corvette, though thankfully avoiding the Core. Whoever was on the other side of the door is less than ash now, but there is a good few entrances now.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:23 pm

Meanwhile, in RL:

Javan just stays stunned for... quite a while actually, unable to bring himself to look inside. When he does finally move, his only movement was to put on his helm.

The only reason why he didn't simply drop the spear on the spot and ran away screaming was the thought that someone could find this spear and accidentally kill their loved ones by mistake, not unlike what just happened. And since he was unable to think straight, all he did was stay standing still in front of the now destroyed Corvette.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:40 am

in not-real life:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:54 pm

Lol Rory.

We show up and help to secure the wounded. How many are we looking at and can they move?

While I wait for that info I'll ask Higaide what happened. I'll tell him about the removal of magic from the area.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:40 am

Kolson looks over the individuals outside... the 'bum' in question seems to be alright, if in some kind of shock, and there's a great deal of fear in his eyes. The Mages still haven't woken up. Upon moving on to the remains of the Corvette Kolson will find several people who have sustained significant injuries from the crash, as well as one Banderling individual who died from internal bleeding while everything was going on. He is also informed that at least 4 people are unaccounted for, and given the large swath of the Corvette that isn't there can guess at their fate.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:07 pm

I'll pull Higaide and Javan aside and begin healing them--I hope. I'll also say, "Okay, we need to get these people out of here before the enemy shows up. I'm going to try healing them to see if we can get them moving but once we are back to our lines Javan is going to have to make himself scarce. People are going to have a lot of questions and I'd rather you not end up in some mage's lab being experimented on. I suggest you head for the Veil and stay out of sight. I'll try to get back as soon as I can so we can figure this out. Sound good?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:35 pm

Whenever his wounds are healed or not, the dragoon nodded a second or two after Kolson's question, answering it in a tone so devoid of energy he almost sounds like another person, "Thanks. I'll do just that. Two things, the elf in rags is military, a... ... yes, a Leftenant, and at the very least, he knows something about this spear. Also, I need you to send someone to confirm that the other Scarves have been freed and are well, please." After struggling for a moment to get his sense of direction, he points Kolson to where he believes to be the Scarves' last known location.

He then turns to Higaide, the tired eyes inside his helm showing gratitude magnitudes higher than his next words are able to convey, "Thank you for showing up when you did."

Not in the disposition of doing anything else, the dragoon silently packed his things and started his journey to the Veil, holding his spear as if it was the horrifying weapon of his world.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:53 am

"Noted and you have my word that I'll find them," says Kolson.

OOC: Are the Scarves in the wreckage of the ship or are they holed up in a specific area or place? I'm not clear on that point and until I am I can't post my actions.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:43 am

OOC:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:55 am

Javan wrote:"Thank you for showing up when you did."

"No problem. I'm just kinda clueless on what this was all about."

As soon as his wounds are healed or not, Higaide will follow Kolson's lead, which i assume is get back to the line. Although, if magic doesn't work in this area, he'll suggest maybe getting away from this spot and try again, since the effect may well be localized.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:01 pm

OOC:

Okay, here we go.

1. If the healing worked on Higaide and Javan I'll hit the downed Order team with a spread out Cure 1. Just enough to get them walking again. I forget, when we heal in your system do we have to make up for the negative hit points before HP starts accruing or does it go to 0 and then heal like in later D&D systems? Either way, I'll spend enough mana to get them moving even if we have to drag them out of the immediate area.

2. We'll get moving back to our lines. Once we get them some medical attention Kolson and Higaide are going to have a chat with the elf lieutenant Javan pointed out to me. See if we can't find out what he knows. We'll play it by ear from there.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:28 pm

OOC:

Kolson spreads out a Cure, trying to get some of the injured functional. All but one blink to consciousness, though still weakened and disoriented from the events of the last few minutes. The Mages present remain unconscious, and unmoving. Kolson and Higaide take the prisoners with them back towards the forward command center Kolson has recently left. Assuming the GM understands things properly, Kolson tells the forces he is assisting to keep going per the existing plan and focuses his attention on the man in rags.

The man in question seems to be in a weird combination of stubborn, military-grade discipline and complete shock. He ignores all initial questions completely, not even giving a negative response, though after the first few questions he postulates one of his own. "Whomever you're working for, you should probably let them know that a weapon that can disable even Materia infused into someone's soul... is wholly and unquestionably evil and should not be pursued."

The battle, meanwhile, has shifted a bit, but the full write up of that will wait until the interrogation is done.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Arch:

Kolson will keep his mouth shut for now and let the prisoner talk. "How so?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:52 pm

The Elf looks surprised at Kolson's statement. "How so? You're honestly asking me why a weapon that forcibly detaches magical essences from someone's soul is evil?" He recovers quickly, returning to his blank slate tone and face. "I simply caution that such a thing is not likely to be well received by those who still value the Accords... or basic decency."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:41 am

info dump needed?:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:43 am

"Yes I am." Kolson makes it very clear that he thinks the elf is being illogical and starts schooling him like he would a child. "I have no idea what you are talking about but I don't leave illogical statements unchallenged. By your logic magicite cannons are evil now because they can level an entire neighborhood with one shot and that mages are evil because we can burn scores of people to death with magical fire. I've done that several times by the way, the enemy never even got a chance to respond. Actually, taking it a step further bonding materia to our souls in the first place is evil. How far does your argument go down that rabbit hole sir? We use iffy soul magic everyday as a matter of course. Iffy soul magic given to us by the Order.

Speaking of the Order, what the hell are you doing on a battlefield? Are you trying to get yourselves killed? In case you didn't notice a war is going on here and flying an airship over a war zone in an inhabited area is the last thing you want to do. Do you want a repeat of the Marblebush Incident? Are you trying to get us all killed?"

OOC:

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:46 am

The Dericost Accords are like the Geneva Treaty, except that the Accords are respected in Dereth most of the time.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:19 pm

The Elf looks back at Kolson, completely bewildered by his responses and the odd priority he places in his speech. He seems unsure of how to respond, hesitating a moment before adding, "I'm... are you implying that all soul magic is a crime? Or are you trying to say that war is bad?" A pause as he regains his wits a bit. "And what's this nonsense about the Order? I don't have anything to do with them." This last bit rings a tad hollow, though he does seem a bit thrown in his tone.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Higaide lets out a chuckle at the "i don't have anything to do with the order" part that's almost subtle enough not to be heard. Almost.

He won't look at the "bum" either, it's just my little contribution to psyching him out; let the guy wonder about what it meant.

what it meant:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:05 pm

"Of course war is bad, what's wrong with you? I thought you Order types were supposed to work for the good of all. Too busy lording it over the common man to help us out? We have thousands of displaced civilians and no Order relief in sight. So if you aren't here to help with that crisis why are you here?"

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down