Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 4 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by K Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 am

ooc:

Mihai exchanges glances with his companions.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:48 am

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 pm

negotiation:

Konrad catches her lingering on his sleeve at the very beginning. While he feeds on the implied aversion(whatever the emotion driving it) with a shit-eating grin, he allows Mihai to lead for a bit before he speaks up.

"It's true, what we need is support. If you have a little something extra to provide instead of gold, we'd prefer that - manpower, magic, whatever it is. Our job is to deal with the thugs and return what was stolen. Beyond that, everything else is a sideshow."

"I propose that your people help us with our job first, then we lick our wounds and help you out with your problem. You follow our plan, we follow yours."

Who helps who first is the issue that he seems to conflict with her on.

Skill:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Mihai takes a pondering glance at Konrad, then back to Fedler. He shrugs.

"What he said, basically. However, if we take care of our business first, we can probably forget about capturing anyone, since there's no way we can afford to look after prisoners while helping you with your situation. Not that i'm keen on bloodbaths, just something to keep in mind."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:15 pm

For Konrad:

She shakes her head.

"No, we have to kill the wolf first. Your thugs aren't doing anything in this fort, while the wolf threatens the lives of all the villagers of Waterglass."

Her eyes turn to the stable which sits a few dozens meters away from the inn.

"You have horses? These crooks don't. If they try to run away, you can easily catch them."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:33 pm

"We can do that, but we need to hurry." - Mihai elaborates - "They're camped out there waiting for their buyer, who could arrive at any time, and if we don't get to them first, our mission is a bust. When i said time is an issue, i meant it."

He glances between Steve and Konrad again. If no one wants to challenge the terms any further, he'll suggest they get a move on.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm

disposition:

Konrad passes a skeptical look at Mihai. "I suppose that's the right of it. I'd prefer if we all arrived at Waterglass together for the sake of haste. We can give you a lift, unless you have your own horse."

Kill wolf first, then. Already asking for a lot in the way of support already. Wolf is more than just a danger to travelers, hunters, rangers etc, also a danger to the town. Makes sense, since militia offered help, but why? Creatures in the wild normally stay away from towns. A question for later.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:01 pm

A genuine smile appears on the hunter's face.

"So we have an agreement?"

She presents her hand to Mihai to shake on it.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:39 pm

ooc:

Mihai returns the smile in a lopsided version.

"We do."

Mihai shakes her hand. (i assume it's her hand)
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:57 pm

OOC:

"Well, let us be on our way."

She walks towards the stable with the rest of the party presumably in tow, and hops on her horse whose saddle is already on. As the three of you prepare your own horses, she tells you:

"Guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Fedler. What do I call you?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:08 pm

"Mihai." - says the guy named Mihai - "I should have given it to you earlier, since the gentleman at the table last night put you at a disadvantage."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:02 pm

OOC:

"I'm Steve, nice to meet you Miss Fedler." Steve smiles and shakes her hand.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:40 pm

For Konrad:

She nods at Mihai once he reveals his name, and casually shrugs when he adds that he should have done so sooner.

"It's just a name."

Fedler raises an eyebrow once Steve calls her "miss", but she still leans down on her horse to shake his hand. She then turns towards the red mage.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:57 am

Konrad mounts his horse, turns toward her in the saddle and says his own name with that same smile from before. "Konrad. Why don't you start us off, Ms Fedler?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:20 pm

Around 7:00 AM, you leave the inn for Waterglass.

Even if you're travelling at a slow but steady pace, you still arrive to your destination by 12:30 PM. You noticed the first signs of human presence by the forest which gradually recedes and gives away to multiple farms. The village of Waterglass itself, which is one kilometer away from the main road, is but a small group of wooden buildings that serves more of a meeting point for the farmers of the region than anything else. Nevertheless, you can still find an inn, a forge, a shop which deals in general goods and the city hall, along with a few residences and specialized buildings. Before you can enter the village however, you are stopped by a young man who is wearing a long cloak which covers his whole body. You can still see his leather armor beneath it though, and his ruffled black hair which is barely kept hidden by his hood.

He raises his hand in a gesture urging you to stop.

"Hello travellers." His gaze falls on the three of you. "Hey Fedler. Are these mercenaries going to help us? Or are they going to take it easy like the others?" A smile materializes on his face.

"Oh, they'll help us, as long as we pay them half the amount of gold we discussed... and help them retrieve an item from the thugs camping in the old fort."

He frowns at the mention of the thieves, and after a moment of reflection, he tells the party members: "I'm Saemon, chief of the militia. The threat on this village may be great, but I would prefer to learn more about you before we antagonize these people."

"They're just thugs", replies an annoyed Fedler.

"Who have not committed any crimes that we know of," retorts the young man. The hunter rolls her eyes. "Sorry. Where were we?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:30 pm

the ride:

Konrad quickly raises an eyebrow askance at Fedler before opening his mouth. "Introductions, and the part where we bring you up to speed on those thugs," he answers. "I'm Konrad, the black mage is Steve, and that other one is Mihai. We're on a very official mercenary assignment to recover an item stolen by said thugs. We've also been assigned to 'deal with them' - suffice to say, they won't be walking away from their crimes. Your friend here negotiated for our support, and to that end, we've agreed to help you deal with your problem first." He flashes a smile.

No spoiler tag to make sure you're all reading:

Diplomacy + 6
- Raise disposition because that's how I roll.
- Our business is official. There should be no Deception required to convince him of this.

Deception + 6
To assuage the chief's conscience: Crimes other than theft implied, probably murder.

"You're rather young. I take it you've been promoted recently?" The implication in his question about an otherwise pleasant event is...not the pleasant kind.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 pm

Steve nods when Konrad names him and does his very best to look like a legit mercenary on official business. When Konrad implies they did terrible things Steve will nod and say, "You really don't want them running around."

(I'll use Aid Another on Rory's Diplomacy check and Deception check.)

Rory wrote:"You're rather young. I take it you've been promoted recently?" The implication in his question about an otherwise pleasant event is...not the pleasant kind.

"Oh boy," the black mage mutters to himself with great trepidation and promptly looks very uncomfortable at the coming confrontation.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Mihai temporarily reassumes his practiced cheerful demeanor.

"Or we could get down to business and go kill a big bad wolf. I know i have a lot of cutting remarks and veiled insults prepared for it!"

(translation: break it off, ladies. We're here to do a job.)
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:50 pm

During the ride:

Saemon doesn't seem to distrust the party's allegations against the thieves, even though his lack of reaction could indicate the opposite. And just as he is going to respond, Konrad makes a comment about his appointment as chief of the militia, which earns the red mage a furious look. The young chief is gritting his teeth, barely managing to restrain himself from committing any regrettable action. Fedler is doing a facepalm.

"Of all the fucking things to say..." she whispers.

Mihai's intervention manages to disarm the situation, which allows Saemon to calm himself. He stares directly into Konrad's eyes, then asks with a dry tone: "Any proof of this official business? My job is to uphold the law after all."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 pm

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:06 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Mihai glances between Steve and Konrad.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:30 pm

"Right here, actually." Steve smoothly pulls a piece of paper out of his belt pouch and holds it out, content to let the chief come to him if he wants to look. "It's a warrant for the recapture of the items and execution of the thieves. It's all in order."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:01 am

"Just take the damn warrant Saemon," says an impatient Fedler.

The young man doesn't let that perturb him, and approaches Steve to take the folded piece of paper from his hand. After almost a full minute of reading, he finally gives the sheet back to the black mage with a much more serene attitude. "It's as you say; all in order," he confirms. At this moment, all of you hear a young child shout: "Fedler!"

A young girl who is no more than ten years old comes running, her black hair flowing behind her. She wears brown pants with a green tunic, and carries a shoulder bag made of animal skin; probably from a stag. The hunter climbs down her horse and let the little girl hug her, then places a hand on her head. "Hey Yen."

"Are these people going to kill the wolf?" asks the young girl. This question makes Fedler frowns, who then turns to Saemon.

"Weren't we supposed to keep this a secret?" she inquires.

The chief sighs and tells the whole party: "I ordered the whole militia to stay silent about this matter and keep people from going into the forest, which wasn't difficult since everyone is preparing for the spring festival. But Igor, that's our local idiot, had the amazing idea of gathering a few volunteers and going after the wolf themselves."

He pauses, uncertain on how best to proceed, but then decides to just be straightforward.

"The others were intelligent enough to run away before the wolf got to them, but Igor lost his right hand, and the infection is settling in."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:30 am

Clearly concerned, the black mage starts rapid firing questions. "When did this happen? Has the fever set in? What treatment regimen are you giving him?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next