Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 2 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by K Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:46 am

At Konrad's request, Mihai's smile doesn't even fade when he replies in his usual friendly manner.

"And if i do hear cries for help, shall i bust in and cut you to ribbbons?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 am

OOC:

"Thanks Konrad, don't mind if I do." Steve sits at the bar and opens a tab, ordering a mug of ale and a bowl of the house stew. He'll knock mugs with his new comrades if they so wish, but otherwise he wolfs down the food while enjoying the music. He'll drink two more mugs before settling up and going to bed.

Money Spent:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:20 am

I apologize for assuming the cliched existence of an innkeeper's daughter.

To Steve, Konrad merely says "Attaboy," before going off to mingle with the locals and find out what he can about the unfriendly strangers, as he learns, were here a couple days ago.

In response to Mihai, Konrad chuckles and giving his partner a hearty slap on the back, saying, "You and me, we're gonna get along great!" and returns to perusing the patrons.

More questions for the innkeeper and his son. "Describe them to me. Did they wear any colors, like I do? Hear them speak any names?"
"Are any of the rooms they used occupied at the present*(hopefully no more than 3)*, been seen to yet? I could work my magic on them to be sure they left nothing harmful."

* - Did not speak this out loud. This was actually meant to be OOC. So...treat it like it is? Embarassed

Diplomacy + 6
Permission to Scan the rooms the mercenaries used. How many rooms?

The bard's apprentice:

Upstairs: Any manual light sources in the room? Candles, oil lamps? I would like to flourish my Fire spell for a prestidigitation to illuminate the room. And then it's pretty much a fade-to-black. Unless Mihai decides he should check on me, but I don't believe she would try anything underhanded.

Questions purely out of curiosity for the apprentice: Some basic information about the apprentice's master and the level of his renown. Perhaps I've heard of him.

Mana priority
1st, to Scan the rooms rented by the four mercenaries he tells me of, if I am allowed.
2rd, Fire prestidigitation to ignite the light sources in my room to impress Eralda, if mildly. In fact, I'm going to wait before I do this, for the same 10 minutes I asked Mihai to wait at the door.

Do I get my mana back tomorrow? That will help me decide.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Inn - For Steve:

Inn - For Konrad:

Inn - For Mihai:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Mihai can't help but resonate with the directness, and is slightly drawn out of his mannerism. He still puts up an innocent air, but the friendly smile is replaced with an inquisitive look.

"Why yes, strictly speaking. Yourself?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:10 pm

For Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:31 pm

"Hmm, why do you want to know that?" asks Steve, paying close attention to the innkeeper's response.

Looking embarrassed, the innkeeper hesitates for a second before responding. "I'm Lomner Freeron. She's my daughter." He seems to be telling the truth.

Steve takes a sip of his ale. He lets the seconds tick by as he decides whether to tell Lomner about his daughter. With a mental nod he decides he will. But why not have a little fun first? Suppressing a smile, the mage looks around to make sure no one is looking or listening and then leans forward conspiratorially and ominously intones, "So Zelk is your daughter?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Zeiss:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:05 pm

For Steve:

For Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:19 am

Zeiss:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:38 am

For Mihai:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:12 am

Mana - 3/5

Room service:

do not disturb:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:19 am

For Konrad:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:03 am

Mihai and Steve: after I inspect the room, and before I meet up with Eralda, I return from the would-be leader's room to inform the two of you that we'll be dealing with a Green Mage. Someone capable of summoning Aspects, and from the way I tell it, it's safe to say my thoughts have wandered a little further than they should on the subject. "Dirty rotten shame that she's our enemy, though...Green Mages are a lot of fun to play with. Right, goodnight and good morning."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:57 am

Sorry to spoil everyone's lazy morning, but.

Half an hour before first light, Mihai knocks on the doors of both Steve and Konrad. Steve first, because he wants someone to share the blame with for cancelling Konrad's morning lay with Eralda.

"Ah, so sorry to get you on your feet so early, but i've been contacted regarding a possible business venture to be happening soon." - he says, in his friendliest manner possible.

*expecting mandatory wtf Mihai from the party; then*

"While you (Steve) were sleeping, and you (Konrad) were oddly giggling in a lady's voice last night, i was contacted by the Hunter assigned to the Waterglass region. Apparently they have a job they'd like to hire us for, should it strike our fancy. I find it rather fortuitous myself, actually."

ooc, my schedule:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:01 pm

OOC:

Thankfully, as it's half an hour before first light, the only thing disturbed are Konrad and Eralda's sleeping. "It's alright, he's a friend. Go ahead, mate," he says, fully expecting some important bit of news.

After Mihai says his piece, Konrad asks, "What, right now?" which is likely followed by an affirmative from Mihai, and the explanation that we're being told half an hour before hand so that we can take care of our morning prep before we go and speak to the hunter.

Konrad turns to Eralda and says, "I need to hear this offer, also this is farewell, as I'm on a job currently." He takes his time with getting up and getting ready so that she has ample time to get a word in, or even have a conversation.*

Clothes on, armor on, weapon belted to his side, Konrad leaves the room. At the bar, he'll order breakfast and have them hold it for him, as he'd like to speak to this hunter right away. Naturally, they tell him his food will get cold, and he'll respond by saying he's in the mood for a cold breakfast.

Commandeering leadership in the moment, he dictates his thoughts to the others when they meet up in the bar on their way to meet with this hunter. "Here's what we do. We get three days. Half a day's ride to Waterglass, a full day to sleuth about the town and prepare - for both, if that Hunter's offer strikes our fancy. Another full day to take care of the first job, then we get started on whatever it is they want - if it strikes our fancy. The longer we take, the harder our current task will be to complete."

Konrad has already accounted for breakfast when calculating his expenses for staying at the inn.

* - I'm not expecting a long talk. She is a bard's apprentice, after all. She travels, I travel, etc.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:27 pm

"Well, i had my own thoughts regarding compensation. They need our help in this matter, and i don't imagine they'll have their pockets lined with cash, being who and what they are, but what they're likely to have is ability. Whereas we have just a vague location for our targets' whereabouts, and the best guess as to their strength already suggests they outnumber us. If instead of a fee we agreed to an exchange of favors - with skilled trackers who happen to be highly familiar with this area, no less, it might make our job a lot easier."

He adds in a lower voice.

"Why, depending on the number of our opposition, we might force a surrender altogether. A fort can easily turn into a prison if you control the terrain, after all."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:38 pm

"Surrender..." he shrugs, "if you insist. I suppose we could ask for support on our current assignment up front. So what sort of job do 'they' want our help with?" In a hushed tone, he adds, "And keep in mind, the longer we wait, the sooner our quarry are likely to find a buyer. More dillydally means a harder fight and less chance of finding that book. You getting all this, Steve?"

OOC: I'm not sure if that's true strictly speaking, but I'm guessing there's a grace period before the DM starts rolling for chance of the buyer coming along. At the very least, I'm roleplaying.

Also, at this point, we may want have been led by Mihai somewhere outside, or in some secluded part of the inn, since I'm now asking about the details of the job when the Hunter wanted to keep the secret from getting out - maybe in Steve or Mihai's room?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:28 pm

"Aah, you know. Just some trouble they're having that they could use an extra hand with."

He speaks as they head outside. Once they're through the door, Mihai checks for eavesdropping, and once he's satisfied, he lowers his voice to a whisper.

"It's a cursed wolf. No one can know about it until it's taken care of; she was very explicit about that, with good reason. And yes, if we can force a surrender, we can bring back prisoners, as per the client's preference. That, or we can negotiate for the buyer's name in exchange for their freedom. No fuss, no muss, easy money for all involved. And at the least, they can give us the lay of the land and everything they know about that fort, being the local Hunters and all. And if it comes to the worst, i don't expect it'll cost them much to provide cover with those bows of theirs while we go in and get bloody. It's a win-win, far as i see it."

update: my schedule:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 pm

OOC:

Eralda actually groans when Konrad wakes her up by leaving the bed. When she hears the explanation, she absentmindedly says: "Huh, sure, okay," and goes back to sleep, undisturbed.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Eralda
"Huh, well that was never easier done," he says to himself as he buckles his armor. "Note to self, do not linger in the morning-afters." He leaves a folded note:

Note to Eralda:

Outside
As they leave the inn, Konrad decides he will take his breakfast to go. He asks for a disposable plate of some kind, perhaps a bag, or even large bottle. Let's go with the bottle. Along the way, he eats his food from the bottle with a fork(because I have dinnerware now), tipping the bottle until food gets close to the mouth, whereupon he will jam the fork into a sausage he can reach, or scrape pieces of egg out and into his mouth. Needless to say, some passersby gawk at the sight of his monkey-brained behavior, not knowing the original reason. He flashes a dimply smile at the people who can't help but giggle or laugh.
Skill:

"A curs--" he starts out loud, choking on a piece of egg.

When he's finally cleared the obstruction from his throat, he lowers his breakfast bottle and hisses, "a cursed animal? I see, they must be desperate for help. The priority, however, is the task at hand. The wolf's not going anywhere."

"Now, we could see about using the traps against them, if you're up for a little game of cat and mouse, but listen, we need to level on something and not get crazy.

"Capture or kill, 'neutralize'. That is the preference. They'll meet the end of their rope soon, mate, that's how this is going to play out. Now listen to me, the name of the buyer is the bonus and optional. Neutralizing them isn't optional, it's objective. We fail to neutralize them, we haven't done our job properly, and the Coins aren't going to like that."

Last edited by Rory on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:39 pm

Mihai shrugs.

"No argument there, but still no harm in taking the advantage. I very much doubt they'd kill for us, being Hunters and all, but we can still use their expertise."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:55 pm

"Eh, your loss. She's the finest woman I've ever known and if you think she isn't suited for the life then you really don't know your daughter." Steve shrugs and takes another sip of ale.

Deception check please, to convince him that I am offended at his implications. If it helps at all Steve is annoyed with the guy for making him work for his joke so he'll channel that into his lie.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:20 pm

For Steve:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:58 am

"No one is asking you to, but there's a big difference between protecting someone and smothering them. Frankly, you give her a lot of grief over this and she really doesn't need it right now." Steve looks around again to make sure no one is listening and then motions the guy in close.

If Lomnar Complies:

If Lomnar Does Not:

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next