Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd adventure: Proxy War

4 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

2nd adventure: Proxy War - Page 3 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: Proxy War

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Out and About with Fedler:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:07 pm

Out and About with Fedler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Out and about with fedler:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Out and about with Fedler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:05 pm

clothes:
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Out and about with fedler:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:50 pm

After leaving the office, Mihai slightly lowers his voice and asks Breeze - "What did the letter say?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:57 pm

Steve used to hang out on the docks and watch people when he finally got a bit of freedom so he has a general idea of the kinds of things sailors would wear and goes out of his way to not buy any of them. No sense presenting himself as some kind of sailing expert when he's not. Instead he kits out as a novice sailor on his first trip; cheap but well made is the order of the day for him. It will be scratchier than he is used to but at least he shouldn't stand out too much so long as he stays with Konrad and Mihai.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:01 pm

OOC:

"Oh, right!" exclaims Breeze. Her mood darkens a little, and she explains to her two companions what she learned. "She didn't finish writing the letter, but it said that they would send someone to check up on his behavior. I don't really understand why, but from what I gathered, he is more... 'violent' than the other patients, but also less irrational."

She considers these facts.

"Come to think of it, these are unusual madness symptoms. I think?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Mihai frowns a bit - "Side effect of the Globule, maybe?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:08 pm

The fairy tilts her head, and says, "I don't know."

OOC:

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 am

pirate disguise:

about that job...:

"Maybe they should take the glob-yule away," he spits out absently. "Wait, what are we talking about?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:53 am

"Breeze put one in his head." - Mihai replies.

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:50 am

Konrad missteps. "In his head? Right, new magic. Anyway, a little less delusion, a little more aggression seems to add up to the same amount of crazy, if you ask me. Poor man."

Sympathetic shrug. "We'll have to wait and see what happens, but it's up to the asylum to suss out what's wrong and how to deal with him. I don't think we have anything to add at this point. A terrible shame."

disguise:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:37 pm

OOC:

For Konrad:

Breeze nods solemnly to Konrad's acute observation.

"He's right," she says with melancholy. "Let's go shopping instead of talking about how there's nothing we can do about this."

She flies away to find the toy store.

Breeze stays for a whole hour at the toy store to find something new to wear, but the only piece of clothing that she likes is a blue cloak which is a shade darker than her hair.

She shouts with joy, "I look like a super hero!", while zooming around the store.

The owner, an old woman nearing her seventies, was thrilled to finally meet that fairy she heard so much about; once it was clear that Breeze wanted new clothes, the owner proposed that she sews outfits expressly designed for the fairy. Breeze, who was ecstatic, immediately agreed. She bought the cloak, and arranged to come pick up the rest of her new clothes once she's back from her trip .

Once the whole party reconvenes at pier seven of the docks, they finally see the ship they are going to travel on, and a frantic crew who is finishing the last minute preparations.

Ship:

Fedler, who has now changed her clothes for a new outfit, looks like this.

Fedler 2.0:

She gestures to the rest of the party to get closer so nobody but them hear what she has to say.

"During this trip, call me Red. I figured that's enough."

Breeze is amazed by the simplicity of the name, and her mouth takes the shape of an "o".

"In that case, you guys call me Blue! That's perfect!"

She lands on Fedler's shoulder, leans on the hunter's ear with her hand, like she would with a wall, and happily announces, "We're Red and Blue! The most feared duo in all the western sea!"

A slight smile appears on Fedler's face. "Sure. That's us."

There's 15 minutes left before the ship departs, and none of you can see Zelk.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:01 pm

name change:

[*tosses the gold pieces across the gaming table* That'll do me fine, a paltry sum really.]

Forgot to roll Diplomacy vs Zelk for meeting her for the first time to go towards disposition. We're gonna say I rolled that with my little q-snap-plus-finger-pointing gesture. Result, please?

Konrad twirls about and flourishes in his new longcoat, marveling at the look and feel of the fashion he once sported many moons ago. He can't help but pull out his sword at the mirror in the shop and shout, in a manner very much unlike he used to speak, "Avast, ye scuttle-hounds!" giving the store owner and customers a bit of a jump. He chuckles innocently and puts his weapon away and flourishes with a bit of jazz hands at them to show them that he's enjoying his new look.

Roll Diplomacy for the above interaction.

Later, taking in the sight of the ship, he momentarily loses himself. It's the first time in at least half a year or more that he's seen a decent ship meant for the high seas. Love me some cannons. Seen bigger though, with way more cannons than that. And no figurehead? I suppose it's just as well. We've no need of a ship to wage naval combat, and these folks do have a budget to keep.

He sighs with some slight disappointment. "Wouldn't bother to loan the prettiest ship to the peons, myself. I understand."

"Ahum..." Red, Blue, Stan, Davine, and me, Akim. He whispers each name as he looks between each of the people present, who may hear him muttering the names. He snaps his fingers. Got 'em. "I think I will dispense with the weight of this accent, it's really too much sometimes, even for me."

"Well then, shall we? I'm looking forward to becoming acquainted with our burgeoning womanizer's ravishing fiance." Without further ado, "Akim" strides up the plank and onto the ship to get a better look at her, and wander about in search of their Free Feathers military officer. No doubt she may have heard of me, I dare say. A bit too much to hope for genial formalities and a diplomatic attitude from her, given my past misdeeds, unfortunately.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Konrad:

Except the nod that she gave him when he revealed his alias, Konrad has no idea what Zelk's impressions of him are.

The owner of the shop, as well as the customers, do jump a little at Konrad's whoop, and anxiety spreads across their faces when they see the red mage draw his sword, but they quickly calm after they understand what he is doing, and most of them ignore him; although one of the male customers does smile at this unusual sight.

Back at the docks, when Konrad steps onto the ship, a middle-aged man with a huge black beard standing near the wheel suddenly shouts, "Attention on deck! Captain on board!"

The whole crew systematically stops moving, turns towards Konrad, and salute him. They won't move until given the order to continue with the preparations.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:45 pm

'Stan' will follow 'Akim' up the boarding plank but will absolutely be floored by this turn of events. Captain Kondrad? But as it sinks in a huge grin will slowly overtake his look of surprise. "Why is everything always so wonderful?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 pm

DLL watches as Akim is crowned captain. He wonders if he'll have to go scrub the deck if so ordered, and whether the crew would make him walk the plank if he refused.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:38 pm

[I'm borrowing a line from Pirates of the Caribbean cuz I'm a little blank, don't hate me.]

The poor lad just landed 800G in debt, and this fleeting feeling is all that stands between him and the return to that sinking realization - and perhaps a the idea of a rendezvous with his not-fiance. So Konrad chooses not quip about it.

"It gets better. Come this way, an' don't be afraid to chime in. Yar me first mate, after all!"

He doesn't actually know if Stan is his first mate. Akim gives a wink to the bosun, and walks toward the semi-circle of men, standing between them. "Give me yar names when I point to you."

After they've each given their names, he'll speak at them, "Do ya have the courage an' fortitude to follow orders an' stay true to course an' crew in the face of danger an' almost certain death?"

The answer he expects from them may perhaps be just for show, or the definite truth, as each man takes it.

Diplomacy
Convince the unwilling or meek to bother answering and humoring him, with an assist from Kolson if he adds something like "Well lads?" or "What say you?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm

First mate? Sure, why not?! Man Stan is a great sailor. He hasn't sailed a day in his life and here is he is first mate of a fighting ship. This is the best day of his life. Following along behind Akim trying not to look too much like a tourist he decides to help out his captain. "Yeah! Courage and death apparently!"

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:12 pm

OOC:

Red is bewildered by this unexpected turn of events. Blue suddenly pops up from behind Akim's shoulder, raises her right fist in the air, and shouts, "Courage and death!"

The crew is taken by surprise by the fairy's sudden apparition, but their rigorous training kicks in, and they clamor, "Courage and death!" repeatedly, until their captain gestures them to stop. Once they're told to resume their previous task, the man near the wheel comes down on the deck, and approaches the party.

"Captain. I'm Edward, the quartermaster of this crew. I have been told you were to be assigned as our captain for the length of your mission. We have a cabin ready for you, as well as for your comrades. If you have any question about this crew or this ship, I am at our disposition."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next