Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D OOC Forum

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D&D OOC Forum Empty D&D OOC Forum

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:16 pm

This is the place to discuss our 5e game out of character.

Last edited by Kolson on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

D&D OOC Forum Empty Re: D&D OOC Forum

Post by Kolson Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:25 pm

Okay, first order of business is figuring out when we are available to play this dungeon.

For reference I'm at UTC -8.

I'll be available starting at noon tomorrow. I hope you guys are available to play then because my schedule gets later on weekdays.

On Monday and Tuesday, I'll be available starting at 3pm.  
I might not be available on Wednesday at all.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Well, like I told Kolson, I'm free all day tomorrow. If we can't do it then, I'll share my schedule for the rest of the week.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:56 am

I am generally available 2-3hrs after Kolson (his starting point for tomorrow), Central Standard Time. Doesn't change on weekdays. Kolson's 3pm is my 5pm, so I see no problems there.

Tuesday: around 10-11pm (8-9pm PST), someone needs a ride.

I suspect K's availability usually ends around that time, so that may be our stopping point on Tuesday. If he can keep going after my midnight though, that is fine by me as well.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:24 am

Tomorrow is fine by me. I should be available past 00~01 UTC, i'm guessing.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:26 am

Okay then, I'll be on at 2 for sure. See you guys then, if not sooner.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:57 pm

My thing is done, so i'm available whenever.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Weekends is my free time. Seriously. It's easier for me to post from work a brief message than to meet up (edit: during the week).

I'll attempt to be there at whatever time you guys come up with during the weekends, yeah.

Edit: Clearing stuff up
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:40 am

Inside one of the demons you guys find a Bag of Holding that somehow survived being eaten. Within the bag you guys found 3 gems, some silver, and a Rope of Climbing.

Total Remaining Loot: 1 PP, 10 GP, 8 EP, 61 SP, 122 CP, Moonstone Gem (50 GP), Onyx (50 GP), Tiger Eye (10 GP), Bag Of Holding, Rope of Climbing.

Bag of Holding
Wondrous item, uncommon

This bag has an interior space considerably larger than its outside dimensions, roughly 2 feet in diameter at the mouth and 4 feet deep. The bag can hold up to 500 pounds, not exceeding a volume of 64 cubic feet. The bag weighs 15 pounds, regardless of its contents. Retrieving an item from the bag requires an action.

If the bag is overloaded, pierced, or torn, it ruptures and is destroyed, and its contents are scattered in the Astral Sea. If the bag is turned inside out, its contents spill forth, unharmed, but the bag must be put right before it can be used again. Breathing creatures inside the bag can survive up to a number of minutes equal to 10 divided by the number of creatures (minimum 1 minute), after which time they begin to suffocate.

Placing a bag of holding inside an extradimensional space created by a Heward's Handy Haversack, Portable Hole, or similar item instantly destroys both items and opens a gate to the Astral Sea. The gate originates where the one item was placed inside the other. Any creature within 10 feet of the gate is sucked through it to a random location on the Astral Sea. The gate then closes. The gate is one-way only and can't be reopened.

Rope of Climbing
Wondrous item, uncommon

This 60-foot length of silk rope weighs 3 pounds and can hold up to 3,000 pounds. If you hold one end of the rope and use an action to speak the command word, the rope animates. As a bonus action, you can command the other end to move toward a destination you choose. That end moves 10 feet on your turn when you first command it and 10 feet on each of your turns until reaching its destination, up to its maximum length away, or until you tell it to stop. You can also tell the rope to fasten itself securely to an object or to unfasten itself, to knot or unknot itself, or to coil itself for carrying.

If you tell the rope to knot, large knots appear at 1-foot intervals along the rope. While knotted, the rope shortens to a 50-foot length and grants advantage on checks made to climb it.

The rope has AC 20 and 20 hit points. It regains 1 hit point every 5 minutes as long as it has at least 1 hit point. If the rope drops to 0 hit points, it is destroyed.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:06 pm

I will add to this post the rest of the loot we picked up during the session; 56 coppers, 26 silvers, 14 electrum, and 11 gold. Carlos already took the green healing potion.

I think Hunter should keep the rope, since he's the ranger. Thematically, it seems to fit. As for the Bag of Holding, I think Jojo can take it, since he's the merchant. We'll just put our stuff in it whenever the need arises.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:07 pm

I get the rope, done. I'll have to make a note of what it does. I think I'll make a separate tab for the long descriptions of wondrous items in my possession.

Meanwhile, we have a total sum of the following currencies from loot-gathering: 1p, 21g, 22e, 87s, 178c.
We also have the following gems: moonstone, onyx, tiger eye.

A diamond needs to be worth 500g according to the rules for the Resurrection spell. I have no idea how much money the Harken treants have, but they may be resurrecting their dead periodically for months if they're on a budget. I guess we'll just have to ask.

Just to be clear though, the dryads were beyond helping because of the corruption? I'm lost on how we were unable to take pieces of them to resurrect them.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Jojo will gladly accept the bag of holding if we all agree to it.

And from my other campaigns, fey races are usually magic resistant, but also more easily corrupted by things that corrupt other things. If it works like that in 5e or this campaign, I am unsure.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 pm

Fey creatures like dryads are more susceptible to demonic corruption than "mortals" like humans and the like.

If you really want to know more about that Rory, ask Ludmilla and Jojo in-character about what they know about demons and about demonic corruption. After a few Int (Arcana) checks I'll teach you about it and that way you guys all know about it in-character too.

I'll see about getting a post up tomorrow. I'm just too tired today.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:40 am

Okay, post is up.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 am

We haven't divided up the coins yet. I'll do that for us now.

All coins found/looted: 1p, 21g, 22e, 87s, 178c.

Futzing around with exchange rates, I will exchange some of my coins with the remaining so that we reduce it to as few loose coins as possible. I am using the SRD to divide this up and without magically cutting up or fusing coins.

There are 3 of us. I like having as few coins as possible, so I'm kicking Jojo out of the loot get. However, because we're doing that, and because he's going to be gone, we'll let him have a gem worth 50, cuz not only does he need loot, he'll want something to bring to the merchant's guild to puff up his chest. I think he should get the moonstone. People loved putting moonstone in their jewelry back in the (ancient) day. Plus, the value of the remaining gems can be split among the 3 of us evenly.

Hunter: 1p, 2g, 4e, 26s, 39c
Kathryn/Carlos: 9g, 9e, 30s, 66c
Jojo: 1 moonstone gem (50g)

The other gems and remaining gold piece will go into the Bag of Holding until we can get to Fallcrest to exchange currencies and pawn the gems. Jojo gets to hold the bag for us, but the bag is ours until Javan is able to play again.

Bag of Holding now has: 1g, 1 tiger eye, 1 onyx

Are we all good with this?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Maybe i'm missing something. Why does Hunter get a bigger cut?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:34 pm

All NPCs who participate in adventuring get a share of the loot, including Zoe and Jojo. I also suggest dividing the loot equally amongst all of you.

The real question is how you want to factor in non-consumable magic items. Back in the day my old party would have folks who found or acquired a magic item take a half share, the other half then being equally divided amongst the other party members who didn't get a magic item. What do you guys think of that?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:30 pm

Uh...well, I've been trying to crunch the numbers, and crunch them again...and again... and I think I just suck at math. Like really bad. Anyway...

Kolson wrote:Back in the day my old party would have folks who found or acquired a magic item take a half share, the other half then being equally divided amongst the other party members who didn't get a magic item. What do you guys think of that?
A Rope of Climbing in exchange for roughly 32g, after pawning... Absolutely. I'm fine with that if you guys are. Very Happy Later on, I feel like we should appraise the items first. When we start finding much better loot.

Party share, minus Hunter: 5g, 5e, 20s, 44c
Remaining: 1p ,1g, 2e, 7s, 2c

And I assume we are sharing the Bag of Holding? Bag of holding contains all the gems now. Screw it, let's throw the remaining loot in there as well.

Bag of Holding (held by Jojo)
1 Tiger eye, 1 moonstone, 1 onyx (110g)
1p, 1g, 2e, 7s, 2c.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

What's the conversion rate? Is it this?

1 platinum = 10 gold
1 gold = 10 silver
1 silver = 10 copper
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:02 pm

Yes Zeiss. In addition, 1 EP = 5 silver or 1/2 gold

Did you guys want to adopt the half share for non-consumable magic items or just divide things equally without regard for magic items? Any other ideas for handling it?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:41 pm

Gear is normally used for the benefit of the party; it's just a matter of who's best suited for it.

Money is more flexible, and is usually up to the player how to spend it.

5-way split is 6g 5e 17s 35c

odd money is 1g 2e 2s 3c
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 pm

If it's a magical item that benefits the whole party, it's a matter of deciding who gets to hold onto it. If it's something that only directly benefits the user, then we can get into giving up half a share to have it. That seems most fair and sanity-friendly.

The rope and bag both fall under this category, I feel.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Under party items? Yeah, I agree. Any opinion on this Zeiss?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:33 pm

Like K said, gear is usually used for the benefit of the party. It would be unfair if someone had to relinquish half of their share just to get the magic item nobody else can use. Really, it's a case by case basis. Let's use that rule when appropriate.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:27 am

Okay, we'll go with K's 5-way split. If Zeiss wouldn't mind holding on to the extra for now, you guys can totally get that converted when you get to Harkenwold and then split it the rest of the way.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next