Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

February 19th

+5
Gwydo
Essoje
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Archengeia
9 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

February 19th - Page 9 Empty Re: February 19th

Post by Essoje Wed May 29, 2013 12:48 am

Javan couldn't help to smirk a bit at the last part of Z's sentence, "Alright, got it. With some luck, we'll not suddenly have been turned into bunnies or something by the time we meet again. Safe travels!"
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed May 29, 2013 12:50 am

*Z nods.*

"I should only be gone for three days at the most. With the speed these guys move that should be plenty of time."

*She heads out of town.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 29, 2013 12:55 am

Scargil doesn't look Snarg in the eyes, but responds respectfully. "The Guild has seen a resurgence lately. Lots of people abandoning their posts in two particular militaries, I'm assuming you can guess which. We were sent to find out what happened to an Adventurer who had heard about the troubles this town was having, and found a dead, stripped-bare Elf and a lying would-be Mite. That is why we are here."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed May 29, 2013 1:03 am

After leaving Z to her travels, the fairy started his way back into the cave in order to try and help the others solve whatever troubles they are in.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 29, 2013 1:23 am

Snarg scratches his ear. "Hmmm, I see. I can see why they wouldn't want any part of it after what happened. About the Elf," he bites his lip, looking a bit embarrassed, "I'm a bit upset everything turned out this way. I hope you know we didn't kill him, but we did find him like that in the ship; magical overdose and a bit of bad luck with an old weapon did him in from what I figure."

He pauses for a moment and fiddles with his nails before continuing on. "Sorry he was stripped, I wasn't paying attention to that. I was actually the one carry him out and I didn't even realize. I'm sure I can get the things back, I have a good idea who slipped those things off. I'll get those things back for you so you can turn them in with the body." He looks down at the ground. "I'm not too fond of disrespecting the dead if they weren't asking for it."

Snarg composes himself again, looking Scargil dead in the eyes. "When you leave, what exactly are you expecting to do? Turn in the body to the guild I imagine, but I guess that's not really the big find, yep?" He motions behind him towards the airship. "One of the biggest finds of all time. It's pretty amazing inside ... you want to see it?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Wed May 29, 2013 1:56 am

Sethos looks up in shock at Snarg's question. He stares at him with a look of utter confusion for a second before speaking up.

"Are you out of your frelling mind?"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 am

Snarg chuckles and looks over at Sethos with an amused expression. "If you're so worried you can sit on him so he can't do anything. That should do the trick. Besides, I'm not giving him his blade back." He turns back to Scargil. "He's right though. Afraid you'll be a bit too tied up to do anything, if you get what I'm saying."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 am

"If I wished you harm, now, I could probably do so, Wildpaw. I am tired of fighting for today. Unless your fox friend returns, of course." Another pause. "If you will let me go I won't speak of this thing. You have no reason to believe me, of course, but so long as this remains either quiet, or in the hands of someone I know I can trust like the Order, then I am content. But I think you and your friends are forgetting that there are those who are not merely interested nor intrigued by a find like this... but desperate."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Snarg smirks at Scargil's comments. "Wildpaw, eh? Takes a good eye to recognize that by sight. You're right on another thing too; I don't trust you at all." He leans in closer and lowers his voice. "The Order can't be trusted either I'm afraid. They've already betrayed us once in a big way just to save face. I don't think you'll have much luck convincing anyone here to go back to them."

Grabbing Scargil on the back of his pants, Snarg roughly hoists him up to a standing position. "I know about what can happen if this gets out. Thinking of some group like V-... some terrorists getting their hands on it almost makes me want to destroy it right now." Bringing some rope out of his pack, Snarg ensures that the Fel Knight's hands are tightly bound. "Now, let's move. I've got to let the others know I've got you. We'll decide what we're going to do with you after they've weighed in. Hopefully it'll be good for all of us."

Pushing the Moarsman around, Snarg faces him back in the direction of the ship.

Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Wed May 29, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Wed May 29, 2013 3:33 pm

As Snarg leads Scargil towards the ship, Sethos (lots of people with S names around these parts) throws up his hands and begins muttering to himself.

"Sure, let's just let the guy who discovered our giant secret war machine have a tour, why not? I mean he's a fel knight, so of course we're obligated to give him some tea and frelling biscuits!" At this last he throws his arms up and heads off into the facility to collect his thoughts.

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 pm

As Snarg pushes the Moarsman around there is a sudden grunt and a horrible snap as Scargil's bonds break. Snarg lunges for him, quite alert, but fails to grasp Scargil who with surprising dexterity slides between his arms and bolts for the door at top speed. As he begins to run he taps something on his belt, and begins to run much faster.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 29, 2013 11:48 pm

"I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU!" Snarg shouts out after him. Taking a quick dash towards Scargil, Snarg draws his bow in the same movement and takes a quick bead on him, releasing a single arrow at his retreating form. In the sudden rush of movement, Zipar drops off of his perch and bounces to the ground, looking quite confused.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Snarg of Wildpaw on Thu May 30, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 pm

The arrow sails true and nails the Moarsman in the back, but he neither falls nor ceases in his running. He is going full tilt, and by the time you have drawn another arrow he is quite out of range.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed May 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Shouldering his bow again, a panting Snarg takes off after him at full speed.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 30, 2013 12:41 am

Snarg:
You chase after him for an excessively long period of time. Somewhere along the way he has removed the arrow, and the blood trail has finally stopped, but your tracking skills prove sufficient to keep up nonetheless. Somewhere along the line you realize he is heading towards the nearby city of Wildeash, which among other things you know has an Order outpost in it. You're about halfway there now, and can continue tracking and chasing if you'd prefer.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 30, 2013 12:46 am

Snarg pauses briefly to examine the arrow. He snorts at it, pockets it, and continues on towards Wildeash.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 am

Snarg:
About the time you manage to approach the city's outskirts, the sun has already mostly settled over the edge of the horizon. From a distance you can tell, there is something of a welcoming party already waiting for you. You're reasonably certain you see them before they see you, but they have patrollers out and about circling the edges of the city's borders in all directions, with torches out. You recognize the distinctive green robes of the Order, as well as what looks like a few adventurers, and Aluvian soldiers in the mix.

Meanwhile, Back At The Anetheron Facility:
Having worked long throughout the evening, Fierneceal wipes her brow and says "So, I had an idea you'll probably hate for dealing with your Tuskerfication."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 30, 2013 12:56 am

Archengeia wrote:Meanwhile, Back At The Anetheron Facility:
Having worked long throughout the evening, Fierneceal wipes her brow and says "So, I had an idea you'll probably hate for dealing with your Tuskerfication."
Rory tensed up and faltered in his pace. He swung his head a little when he looked at her, which was starting to weigh down. He was tired from all the walking, some running, and was beginning to look forward to chance to rest.

"What is it?" he asked, like he was about to be told bad news.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 am

Rory:
"Well, you're going to pass out from exhaustion at some point anyways, at which point you will be a Tusker. I can take control of you at that point, since you'll have none, and convince you to sleep, so you can... well so you can get some sleep and not be exhausted like Araiguna was."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 30, 2013 1:11 am

Rory paused. "That's...not a bad idea. Actually, I was going to suggest that you take control, and then keep going until you fall asleep, but uh, you don't look to good yourself."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 30, 2013 4:07 am

Rory:
"Yeah it's been a long day, what can I say eh?" She gives a faint grin. "Used to long hours from the military but, well y'know, this is a bit outside the jurisdiction of a simple Sergeant in House Redoran." She pauses a moment. "Man, I'm not even sure there is a House Redoran anymore."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 30, 2013 4:15 am

Rory grabbed the newly-stumbled-upon alcohol from his pack. "Might as well make this interesting," he said.

As he leaned against the nearest stable structure, he threw back the bottle and swallowed as much as he could stand shy of painting the walls with his insides. He laid back and waited for sleep or the effects of the liquor--whichever came first, but eventually sleep.

Last edited by Rory on Thu May 30, 2013 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 am

Snarg of Wildpaw wrote:"I WAS TRYING TO HELP YOU!"

Hearing Snarg shout above him, Gwydo quickens his pace, reaching the catwalks shortly after Snarg took off running after their prisoner. Investigating the area, he finds a blood trail and tracks leading out into the wilderness.

"Well crap. It's gonna be another LONG night."
Dropping the elf's bundled remains, Gwydo returns to the stairs and heads back to the ship to tell the group that was still there about the escape, then returning to the catwalks and heading after Snarg.

Spoiler:
DCs:

Last edited by Gwydo on Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed quoted spoiler tagging and added stat DC checks)
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Araiguna who was up a tree getting fresh air when he saw Snarg in pursuit of something and decided to follow him as fast as he could.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 30, 2013 10:13 pm

As he sniffs the air, Snarg wraps a cloak around himself and crouches down in to a small profile. He observes the scene for a bit, then begins quietly gathering various flora, dirt, and other things around the area. After gathering several laos, he begins to combine the various objects. A rudimentary form of camouflage begins to take shape from his work.

Eventually finishing the camouflage, he carefully removes his chain shirt and hides it in a nearby tree, making a single claw mark on its base. He then applies the camo and begins creeping carefully around the outskirts of the city. After making at least one full circle, he stops at one particular area and waits, eyes following the patrols as they pass.

After several passes of the patrols, he takes several deep breathes and begins slowly moving forward.

Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content