Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:40 am

Am I supposed to try to make untrained Force checks myself and then let you decide if the attempt is successful before rolling for a result? Or are we just not doing that?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Kolson, Higaide's new prospective master's name is Olk-Nos Wareez. No matter what.

On Higaide's possible mixed feelings, you should know what Vahrran's response would be.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:57 pm

huh?
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:01 am

Rory wrote:Am I supposed to try to make untrained Force checks myself and then let you decide if the attempt is successful before rolling for a result? Or are we just not doing that?

You can make untrained Use the Force checks, but only for "Search Your Feelings," "Sense Surroundings," and "Telepathy."

I'll try to make more progress on Skills next week so that we all have an easy, one-stop reference but in the meantime you can read about them on page 77 of the Saga Edition Core Rulebook.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:50 am

Are we going to skip Dawn of Defiance sessions for Arch's marathon too?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:43 pm

That's up to you guys. I'm willing to run the game but if you guys would prefer to watch the marathon, and I don't blame you, then we can go on hiatus until it is over.

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 pm

How about this. If on a Thursday Arch gets tired at/before 5-6pm, we can start with 5-4 hours to play assuming we go till 10pm. Personally I'll be placing his marathon at a higher priority.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:01 pm

I go back and forth on it. I really want to do the session, but i want to watch the marathon too (and i'm already abstaining, since he's playing the ones i haven't finished yet right now).

I'll go with whatever you guys decide, but like Rory said, if Arch decides to take a break at a that time, i'm all for it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:41 pm

I've slept on it and after discussing it with Javan I've decided to put the game on hiatus until the marathon is over. So enjoy everyone. We'll be back soon enough.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Next time on Savage:

Where we last left our heroes, they were flying through abandoned, wrecked buildings in the wards territory of a local gang. After piloting and blasting their way out by the skin of their awesome chompers, a disturbance in the Force thundered through from the distant future, stopping time at a point when the players of a Fate-styled Star Wars campaign went on hiatus to watch a Final Fantasy marathon.

Satisfied, rested, and refreshed, the players have returned, the Force disturbance dissipated, and the escape from Coruscant resumes with our heroes desperately seeking the pirate leader who recently illegally commandeered the ace pilot and smuggler Dake Sken's interstellar vehicle...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:44 pm

So, tonight, we doing this?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:56 pm

My birthday is on Thursday of next week so we'll be resuming the game on April 10th. I've been looking forward to getting off Coruscant for a while now. <rubs hands together in anticipation>
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:32 pm

No...that's not fair...

Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:15 am

You know we'll be singing you happy birthday next time we log in, right?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:18 am

I'll let K and Rory do the singing.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:16 am

If you must, K. Very Happy
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:23 am

I need a recap. I know we went to a hideout to find a guy who knows where a something is, then we flew through gang territory to get to that something.

I'm still foggy on whether that something is Dake's ship or the pirate captain who stole the ship, or both. Also, am I right in using the word "pirate"?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 pm

Actually, i think it's the pirate captain who stole the ship's ship.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm

@Rory Smuggler would be more accurate though she does participate in the occasional acts of piracy. If you want to the details ask Zeiss.

RECAP

Time: 19 BBY, the end of the Clone Wars and the beginning of The Great Jedi Purge.

In the wake of Order 66, Ominae Yu, the Lorridan padawan, is on the run. Having survived Operation: Knightfall he seeks out his dead master's friend, the Chiss private eye Vahrran Sabosen, in hopes of finding a way to escape the Purge.

With Coruscant's ports now on heavy lockdown while the clones hunt down Jedi stragglers and support personnel, Vahrran uses his law enforcement contacts to track down a smuggler who can get them off planet.

Luckily for the party, Vahrran's old rival Dake Sken is on planet. Knowing Dake to be an honorable man, Vahrran decides to track him down and arrange transport off Coruscant.

Unfortunately for the party Dake's ship, The White Ghost, was stolen by a different smuggler, one Lorah Drayven. In exchange for the party helping get his ship back, Dake agrees to smuggle them off the planet.

To that end, the party follows up a lead which takes them to the HQ of a local swoop gang The Mynocks. After a firefight with the gang, they locate Yshroon Mul’darun, a known associate of Lorah. After questioning him, the party finds out that Lorah has already absconded with The White Ghost but that her ship, The Stalker, is still on Coruscant.

Following the coordinates provided by Yshroon, the party finds themselves in an abandoned industrial sector well known as a staging ground for smuggler operations and other illicit activity.

The game will pick up with you guys arriving at The Mynoch's secret smuggling port. I'm making a new thread for that.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 am

Using the sewers will make things much safer, but we should be prepared and go in together on the off-chance that there's a maintenance droid or an ROUS down there.

We should make the AA tower a priority and have Harley move in and disable it. We don't want them shelling us out of the sky once we take off. If he can disable it and cause the stuff and things to keep sending the wrong signal to the security and weapons systems, great. Otherwise, the Command Center will definitely be interested in that AA tower, which will force a short time window on us.

To get to the Stalker, my Utility Belt has a grappling hook, there are crates that might be low enough for us to climb up without any problems, or we might be able to hold onto Ominae and get a lift up. From there, we need to get inside as quickly as possible and put all our efforts into flying away. In order for that to work, we need to time our meddling with the completion of the ship's repairs and move fast.

Here's another idea. While the rest of the group is on standby at the AA tower sewer grate, one party member can be at the crates watching the repairs of the ship from the fuel storage. Once they're complete, he could set it to blow(or just blow it, I don't think we have anything we could use to help time explosions) and run right back to the sewers. Harley disables the AA towers while this is happening, and when we regroup at the AA tower sewer grate, we can all split for the ship and get out.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:27 am

From watching the Star Wars movies, and playing the Kotor games, I remember that every decent smuggler ship have weapons that can be used while we escape.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 am

K wrote:...trouble is the rather large swath of open terrain we have to cover during the very short window in which the patrol lets up (assuming they're going clockwise), then open the manhole cover, slip in, close the manhole - all this with two droids in tow who likely can't maneuver very well.

...if we get one to fly close enough to get the patrols' eyes away from the manhole cover, but not to actually aggro anyone, it might get some of us in. After that, the spot with the most cover seems to be the northeast entrance.

Now, if we can get inside the command building, we can likely stop those 18 patrol guys from coming in. Problem is dealing with those 2 security droids without attracting attention. If we blow the fuel storage somehow, it might cause big enough a commotion, but also bring the patrols inside, unless someone with knowledge can predict otherwise, so something more subtle is likely required.

There's also the problem that blowing up the fuel tanks might cause big enough a ruckus to attract the local authorities, and that'd be worse, especially considering the ship might not be repaired yet - or fueled, for that matter, which is likely to be the case. Worse case, we might actually have to wait it out and let THEM repair the ship, then move in ourselves. Unless, of course, we have some time constraint here, besides the danger of being spotted.

(If TLDR, read just this last paragraph)

Yet another option would be to smuggle ourselves inside that ship, let them repair it and take off, then take over the ship from the inside once it's clear of the tower. Whatever party members get left outside can be picked up at another location. Droid presence inside the compound is nominal, so if stealth fails us, i might be able to persuade one of the smugglers that we're just there for repairs or something, then make our way inside and wait it out. That, or i can just make my way west from the northeast manhole, then jump up to the platform and sneak in.

If you guys can stage an airspeeder fight just outside their no-fly zone, it might get their attention long enough to pull the two critical maneuvers.
Well here are my thoughts.

I don't think the local authorities will be interested in investigating an explosion within gang territory, especially if that gang is the Black Sun. It currently holds the highest reputation as the strongest and "worst of the worst" gang. Not just on the planet Coruscant, or the system, but the galaxy it's in. Local law would know enough to stay away from their territory.

We can have someone take the undamaged swoop bike and fly to the north side and start flying toward the base at a steady pace and keep an eye on the guards on the roof. As soon as the pilot gets their attention, he can notify the others via comm link, and they can enter the sewers from the south while the pilot plays chicken. Said pilot can notify the rest of the coordinates he lost any suspicious thugs following him at, or we can agree on a safe and distant location(possibly a cantina?) to meet up.

They'll hole up at the northeast sewer grate, help Harley get up, and then he'll blend in while we wait at the AA tower sewer grate. Harley can keep an eye on the repairs while he fakes a routine charge-up at the droid charging station, and then he'll go to the Command Building. Inside, he'll enter the system, get the highest level of system authority he can, and take remote control of everything he can. And dirt. He'll pick up every bit of dirt and evidence he can. Once he's done that, he'll go to the AA tower sewer grate and ping us when no one's watching so that we can move quietly without being spotted and huddle up next to the crates.

What happens next depends on how we want to play this. First: we can keep being quiet and have Harley distract the guards on and near the platform while we maneuver up onto the platform and sneak inside while the ship's being repaired, then shut down everything we can and take off.

Second: we can wait for it to be repaired, then set everything off: turn off everything we can't control or use and start using their own automated weapons against them if they have any. We could first have one person stay at the northeast grate and wait for the signal to bomb the fuel storage and slink back into the tunnel to meet us(alternatively, we can have Ominae use his telekinetic powers to activate a handheld explosive(such as removing a pin from a grenade) placed near the fuel storage, but this requires that we have enough time for him to make the check, explosive that can be activated with telekinesis, and that the fuel storage can be penetrated by an external explosion. With the smugglers distracted by the explosion, we get inside the ship, and then remotely turn off everything we can't use(if we can remotely turn anything off) while we make a run for it.

Javan, I hope I'm not speaking too much on your behalf.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:00 pm

Using Harley sounds good, but it hinges on him being able to blend in with the rest of the droids. A syndicate like the Black Sun would have all it's personnel and hardware accounted for, and as i understand it, Harley looks rather unique. Also, if they detect his intrusion into their systems, they'll likely go into alert.

As for flying straight at them, and trusting to eyeball their attention while their instruments can track you with far greater accuracy, while in control of an AA tower, i'm not sure about those odds. A non-intersecting trajectory would be one thing, flying right at them sounds downright suicidal, well before you can make any kind of decent visual contact.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Sadly, my respiratory system decided that coughing is a good way to do whatever it needs to do, you know the kind that you beg to god for it to stop, as an atheist, because it's that bad? Yup, this sucks hard.

So yeah, you guys have fun. I'll try to survive meanwhile.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:45 pm

You could always make a deal with Satan. They might turn you away at the hospital, but the devil is always in business.

And business is booming.

Okay, better idea. Can you still use Mind Trick? You could create a temporary hallucination to get the guards at the south side to look away. Possible illusions: a swoop bike honing in on the base from the west; a grappling hook catching on the rooftop and the sound of someone climbing it.

It's possible that the map doesn't show us everything, so I'm hoping that we'll notice more things in the base that we can manipulate as we get closer or move to a different angle.

As for Harley, the droid could use the "recently purchased irregular model" excuse, and I'm sure that there will be a three-strikes rule when trying to access the system without alerting anyone. The droid can explain it's here for an irregular maintenance checkup, and if pressed(failed), can explain it's reporting in before performing said maintenance in the sewers. It's an easy way out, methinks. If that fails, we can fall back on waiting for the repairs to finish, possibly exploding the fuel storage, disabling the AA towers manually and rushing in for the ship.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next