Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weaving Thread

+9
K
Gwydo
Snarg of Wildpaw
Araiguna
Permeus (tabran)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Admin
Caladrius
Archengeia
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Weaving Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Weaving Thread

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:09 am

i have some CXP so what is it you want Snarg lets see if i can make it.

and i have 7 ranks in Deception with a total score of +11 so i can help with Z's Cloak.

and if after i have done them two i still have any CXP left over ied like to try and make myself a Bracelet that can change my appearance to that of an elf.

Bracelet of Blending: when activated changed the outward look of the person wearing it to look like that of an Elf in his early 20's (i aren't to bothered if its the same elf or a different elf each time.) for a short time (im thinking it last for at lest 10 minutes but the longer it can last the better balanced with uses per day.) the Bracelet when used will need time to recharge its magic before it can be used again (ied like it if the bracelet had more that one uses per day but well see how i roll, how much CXP i have left and how hard it is to pull off the weaving)

info
i have 16 CXP
my weaving is +16

as per the weaving council i will be weaving with at lest one other person most likely Kolson?

ied also like to have a chat with Milli of Greatgear about weaving and any tips she may have also just making sure that she is ok and also that she is happy to do business with this new Undermarket of ours seeing if she has anything to say about it and getting her opinion on the other Archweaver/Archmage? (the 14 year old Mite i believe it is?) basically doing the people skills thing that seams to be getting skimmed over with the setting up of the Exchange.
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Also I want to point out that I was asking for bracers as the protective pieces that you wear on your forearms. This is a magical bonus, so I'll assume it can be weaved into any item. This is what I had in mind--if this is only affects roleplay, then I guess this is essentally "look at my bracers of awesome".

What I'm thinking

Imagine without the green and not studded, something spartan in design.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:23 pm

Hmmm, well, I had some other stuff on the wishlist, but given the recent circumstances, I would like a quill that increases the effect of whatever document is written with it. When writing with it, no matter what you think you wrote, the quill will magically construct something more well-written than you came up with. This item does not help with forgeries or straight-up deception.

In game terms, this could translate in to increased diplomacy for the purposes of rolling the effectiveness of that document. e.g. if it is a Quill of Wise Words (+4) and I have a diplomacy of +6, anything I write using it is effectively rolled as a +10 instead of a +6.

That's just a random bonus number I'm throwing out there. Not sure how much it'd cost compared to an all-around +x bonus, but I'm aiming for +3 at the very least.

If there's any CEXP at all left I do have some other stuff, but this is priority.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:55 pm

Zeiss:
Lighter Tattoo: Result: This tattoo will take 1 hour, have 2 charges, and cost 2 CXP.  AP will not help sufficiently.

Float Tattoo: Result: This tattoo will take 3 hours and require Tabran and Kolson's combined efforts.  It will cost a total of 2 CXP, you guys need to decide who absorbs the cost.  This also increases your cooperative level by one.  This one has 3 charges.

Tabran's Bracelet: Result: If you do not burn AP, you can get the bracelet as described which disguises you for 10 minutes, with 1 charge, for 3 CXP.  If you burn an AP (already rolled) that can reduce the CXP cost by 1, or increase the charges by 1.

Rory: Honestly I was picturing it like the wrist-guards that are on your avatar.  But it's your armor, it can look how you want it to.

Waiting on Snarg's item to see who if anyone will pick it up.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Kolson Wezrae wrote:Weaving stuff time. Weaving +20 and spend any amount of AP required.

For Z

1. Need a teapot that cools instantly on command. Something with forget-me-nots in a classy floral pattern.
Result: 3 hours work.  Teapot is designed beautifully, and will cool promptly but if done too often will crack the material. 0 CXP.

Awesome sauce.

2. Cloak of Deception for Z. Maybe a +6? Could I add anything else to it like a bonus to saving throws without getting too ridiculous? 
Result: 5 hours work.  With AP, can boost Deception up to +7 total, or +5 with a +1 to any saving throw of your choice, or reducing the CXP cost by 1.  Base CXP cost of 2.

We'll go with the +7 Deception as per request. Cost so far: 2 CXP and 1 AP

For Zeiss

1. A magical tatoo that let's Zeiss use a Lighter effect, to set things on fire with his mind. Not sure what limits you'd prefer.
Result: Need more input.  You need to specifically go for uses per day, or charges.  Also; a tattoo is rougher to do then other stuff, will require tying Zeiss down for the pain he'll be in, and some skill in doing the art. 

Sounds perfectly horrible. Now that I the player know how it works count me out. Cost so far: 2 CXP and 1 AP

2. Tattoo that lets Zeiss cast Float 3 times a day. I'll obviously get Tab's help on this.
Result: Need more input.  You need to specifically go for uses per day, or charges. 

Ditto. Cost so far: 2 CXP and 1 AP.

For Rory

1. Grapple Increasing Gauntlets. I'm hoping for a +4 but I'm not sure what range you would consider acceptable for lv 6. Any guidance appreciated.
Result: 6 hours work.  +6 bonus to Grapple.  1 CXP.

Cool. Cost so far: 3 CXP and 1 AP. 

2. Amulet of Mighty Fists +2- +2 to hit and damage rolls with unarmed and natural attacks.
Result: 7 hours work.  +2 to hit, or +2 to damage, take your pick.  2 CXP.  1 AP blown to get this result, may remove AP to reduce to +1.

We'll go with the +2 to damage. Cost so far: 5 CXP and 2 AP. 

3. Some way to increase threat range for Rory's attacks. I'm thinking something with charges that he could activate before making an attack.
Forgive my blatant stupidity but you mean a crit increaser yes?  If so this will be in High difficulty.

Yes, that's right. I'll try it in a few levels then.

For Kolson

1. I'm thinking I need a Diplomacy +6 ring.
Result: 5 hours work.  Success, +6 Diplomacy.  1 CXP.

Cool. Cost so far: 6 CXP and 2 AP. 

2. I would also like to make a new sword for myself. Could I do an Obsidian Sword +1 with +1d6 Acid damage?
Result: With 1 AP blown you can succeed in making an ordinary Obsidian Sword with no enchantments, at a cost of 3 CXP, or you may blow the AP and accept a failure with a loss of merely 2 CXP, or no AP and a loss of 3 CXP.

I'll take the Obsidian Sword. Might as well get something for my trouble.

Final cost: 9 CXP and 3 AP.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:25 am

(in game time) ill do Snarg's quill when he gets back to the group and we get some spair time to weave it, lets see how i roll (wish me luck snarg)

how easy will it be to get replacement charges for the bracelet?
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 am

Archengeia wrote:Rory: Honestly I was picturing it like the wrist-guards that are on your avatar.  But it's your armor, it can look how you want it to.
Hmm. Well it does look similar. I guess we'll go with that, but darker, without the studs or design, and a little cleaned up. Whenever I wear hide armor in Skyrim it looks someone used it before me.

EDIT: Hehe, which is funny because it's true.

And the necklace, if applicable after opting for the bracers, looks like this. No buts.

Last edited by Rory on Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid thing didn't format the link correctly)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Instead of the Fire tattoo, I had a different idea in mind. A Repulsion tattoo. There would be two modes.

The first mode : it allows the user to push away magically anyone who is in a adjacent square 5 feet away and make them go prone.

The second mode : it allows the user to push away magically one enemy who is in an adjacent square and make them go prone. This is a more focused version of the first mode. So if the enemy is of a normal size, the distance he is pushed away is simply greater than at the first mode. If the enemy is so big that the first mode is useless against it, the second mode allows the enemy to be pushed away.

The tattoo will require charges to be used. I'm thinking about three charges. I also want the possibility to use more than one charge at a time.

So if I used the first mode of the Repulsion tattoo with all three charges, it would allow me to push away my enemies on a greater distance and/or enemies who are of a bigger size. And depending on a roll, make them go prone.

That's pretty much all. Before you do any roll, could you tell me how difficult an item it would be to weave?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Zeiss:
For a bare minimum success that would be High difficulty.  For the ideal you have outlined, a step higher than that.  Possible though.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:55 am

I will Weave a replacement sword for Snarg, using the remains of his old sword. How much longer would it take to add a few bells and whistles?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:13 am

Did I have to choose between the bracers and the necklace, or did I get both?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Any chance I can make a "Weaver Helper," along the lines of a hacked bag of holding where I could Weave things over a greater amount of time in exchange for not having to sit around and do nothing to make things?

This is the second time I've sat out of the game to do Weaving stuff and it's kinda lame.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

Weaving question!

After calming down about Bonebreaker's scheme revelation, I'm going to go bother my buddy Kolson and ask him this : can he take the two robes I've got and combine the enchantment into one robe? And IF he can, could he also do something more difficult, like weaving them into my armor?

Chittick-Hide Studded Leather Armor (Light Armor, Maximum DEX bonus of +5, AC of +3 and +2 Material bonus).

Not really expecting much from that, but let's ask, you never know.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Combining in general is possible, but risky.  On a failure, both items are destroyed.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Hmm, it's not like I can only use one of the robes, it would leave me with no armor. How difficult would it be for Kolson, our weaving guy? I could ask Rekkarg to chip in if necessary, arguing that it would help me survive the battles to come.

Thank you for the answer.

Last edited by Zeiss on Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:49 pm

I uh, don't give away actual DCs.  I just say it'd be very hard.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:53 pm

So it's very hard... that's all I wanted to know.

Maybe I could ask Rekkarg to help with that, but letting Kolson supervise the work. He needs to get better at it after all. I'll think about it.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:49 am

While we are on the topic how much CXP did I get when we leveled? I Weaved a lot last level, including deweaving that door in Red Cloak's dungeon.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:19 pm

Another question : on your difficulty scale, how difficult would it be to weave the -8 all damage out of the dark amber ring I got? Razz
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:22 pm

@Kolson: 14 new CXP, Kolson.

@Zeiss: Fairly difficult.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 pm

Here's a better question: -8 to damage taken, or -8 to damage dealt?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Damage dealt. I guess.

Thank you for the answer Arch.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks. Smile
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:13 am

Another weaving question, but a really different one now.

For those who don't know, this pattern is what you can see on Zeiss' magical signet ring. The only thing I could not draw properly are the little lines wrapping themselves around the big ones : these are roots.

What I would like to do is take this pattern and put it on Zeiss' black cloak of stealth +4 (around 30-40 centimetres in width, enough to be seen by everyone), and on his shirt, on the right side of his chest (4-5 centimetres in width). I would also like to add three magical effects : the pattern can be hidden (returning the clothes to their original appearance), the roots are moving (kind of like an animated picture on a computer) and only Zeiss can activate both of these effects, meaning it is tied to his soul. Oh, and both of them can be activated independently from each other.

I would also like to specify one other thing : the pattern is noticeably different from the one on Zeiss' ring. There are more roots, the space between the lines is larger, etc. I say that just to make sure nobody tries to copy my signet ring from what they can see on my clothes.

If it isn't too difficult to do, I will ask Kolson to weave it (when he can), arguing that I want to be recognized by members of the Exchange. Kind of a bump to be stopped from entering Holtburg from one of them... 

Thank you again! *butterflies come to take me away*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:42 am

These Weavings would actually be relatively easy to do. 

Oh and all butterflies just went extinct.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next