Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

+12
Rory
Snarg of Wildpaw
Zeiss
Gwydo
Araiguna
K
Ashakel
Kolson
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Permeus (tabran)
Caladrius
Archengeia
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat - Page 3 Empty Re: First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:16 pm

Javan had been quietly observing the large group trying to reach a concensus while staying a few feet away from them, something he was finding hilarious for some reason, and it showed in his face. Plus, he had nothing to add right now.

That is, until the burun asked about smoking, to which he answered a simple "Go ahead.", and then looked around before relocating himself in order to avoid the smoke.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat - Page 3 Empty Re: First Adventure 01, The Township of Al-Erat

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:31 pm

*Scratches head, slightly embarrassed.*

"(Bad idea, i guess.)"

*Then shrugs it off.*
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Sethos grins and fills his pipe with the last of the weed he had bought from the halflings he met on his way up here. He strikes a match, lights the bowl of the pipe and inhales merrily.

"amazing" He mutters under his breath, before handing the pipe to the troll and introducing himself "I am Sethos, it's a pleasure to meet you"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:52 pm

"Ah, Eastham weed. Sometimes we would smoke this at home. You have good taste for a mage. Ashakel's the name given to me. Some call me White. I'm not ashamed of that, it is who I am."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Speaking softly form beneath his hood. "I agree that we need more information from Constable Torlok and well as Guardian Oakheart. What we hearing of is a symptom of a larger problem; a sickness that is spreading over this land and all of its inhabitance. We need to do what is right, not what is easy, and the reward is trivial large scheme of thing. If we can resolve this conflict without bloodshed, our actions today may have repercussions we are not fully aware of. "

In a seigh "However even I am aware that sometimes actions needs to be taken, and we need a backup plan to quickly resolve this symptom the even if it means killing all Gnolls of Clan Wildpaw. For this there might be an easier way to draw them to us, by presenting them with a target too tempting to resist. If the Wildpaw Clan is as organized as we are lead to believe, then they will be collecting information on possible target’s. We can plant the information that a large supply caravan is heading to a recently hit community. In this caravan we will lay in wait. If the caravan is attacked we will spring the trap and stop those whore are perpetuating the attack. If there do not attack, then the worse we will suffer is a comfortable ride to the problem area."
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

"Could work, but we'd need more than two handfuls of people to present a worthy target. We could always try and rent some wagons, but i doubt any wagoner in his right mind would willingly play bait. Even if we found a crazy one, that'd still be just one wagon.

Still, if we plan on letting them come to us, any plan that involves them attacking on our terms is better than not. Especially if it removes bystanders from the equation."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:51 pm

Turning back to the group with his pipe once again in his mouth

"Would it not better to catch them unawares rather than to face them while they're fully armed and ready to pillage?"

The nervousness in his voice is greatly reduced.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:00 pm

"Surprise is really our only asset. Gnolls are dangerous, armed or not." Hanuel sniff curiously at the smoke hanging in the air while speaking.

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:00 pm

"Well, of course, but we need to find them first. Bill said their base should be nearby, but that's it."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:04 pm

"The way I see it, we have plenty of time, the least we can do is learn about the situation before we put ourselves at the centre of an ambush. Once we know more, then we can plan an offensive"

His voice cracks a little on the word offensive, he clears his throat in an attempt to draw attention away from it.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 pm

"Yeah...", says Javan in common, finally approaching them all, "We are really lacking the information to plan anything at all. Let's just go out and like, get info about what's really going on... Then we can finish planning the various suicide mission plans that were proposed and make them less... suicidal."
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:22 pm

Javan's input causes Sethos to laugh as he inhales from his pipe, generating a mild coughing fit before he regains his composure, still smiling he points to Javan, his voice a burnt whisper.

"I like that idea *cough* that's a good idea"

He lets out a final cough before looking back at Sovant and asking

"Is there somewhere I can put my ash?" gesturing towards his pipe which is now deader than an ostrich in an avalanche, whatever an ostrich is.

Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rellan Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Trying to soak up everything around him, Rellan listened intently. It seemed the Sclavi wanted to take charge, and was trying to coordinate the search. After watching the Burun pull out his pipe, the gnome began to reach for his snuff box. His hands were shaking erratically, and he realized it had been too long since he had last indulged himself. Upon opening the box, he looked down and frowned. "Empty..." he muttered to himself, then quickly saw an opportunity.

"Gathering information sounds like a good idea. We might even be able to procure some supplies to help us with this quest. If we are to split up to talk with townsfolk, I should like to speak with the merchants. I think they could have some valuable info and I--we might be able get some things to help us with this task."

Rellan shuffled uncomfortably, and was definitely ready to get going - the longing pangs he was feeling made him clutch the snuff box tightly, jealous of the Troll and Burun's enjoyment of the pipeweed.
Rellan
Rellan

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: None
Class: Black Mage
Race: Gnome

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:37 pm

"We should also find out what the guards are doing. They might be sending out relief efforts of their own. If we can hide in or tail one or a few of the better protected caravans, we could provide the edge they need to drive them back. We could capture a few wounded gnolls, see if we can't make them talk, and then trade the spoils to prepare a little expedition in the direction they flee. We'll track them regardless of whether we've learned the location of their base by then."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:49 pm

A werewolf sits far in the corner by himself, he was grasping a staff with both of his hands and embracing it tightly. He was pondering, deeply. His eyes turned to the group and spoke.

"...How many attacks have there been so far? Where and when was the most recent one?" He turns his face back to the shadow. "Pardon me if these questions have already been addressed..."

"I was... Thinking."

Evanar

Character sheet
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:58 pm

"You think we'd be given that information up front, not have to scavenge for it ourselves. Would've gone and checked with the townspeople regardless, though."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:02 pm

Whis Kor looks up and glances over the group for a moment before speaking:

"Very well, there seems to be at several areas to cover: the inner-town folks and merchants; the farming community and any locals on the outskirts; the local militia and constable; and the merchantile council and mayor. Individuals here have already expressed their own thoughts on where they would best be used, so I trust they know best."

He puts down a piece of parchment on the table.

"You will notice that I have recommended a lead in each team; they will determine your direction and you will be expected to follow their lead until we reconvene. As this is not a formal military unit as I am accustomed, it seems fitting that this..." he hesitates a moment, seemingly searching for the right word "..this be presented for your approval."

He turns to Gwydo.

"If you wish to visit the temple, please ensure that your team remains with you during that time."

If anyone reads the list, it is written in common:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Whis Kor on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:04 pm

K_ wrote:"You think we'd be given that information up front, not have to scavenge for it ourselves. Would've gone and checked with the townspeople regardless, though."

"What matters now is to learn of the latest attack. If it's recent, that area could be useful... Sniff a trail. If not... We need to know how frequent they do attack, and wait." The werewolf seemed indifferent and aloof.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Whis Kor turns to them both and narrows his eyes at the notice.

"Yes, these can sometimes be . . . vague. You would not believe how some of these bills come to be. I once had my entire platoon out searching for a monstrous beast that had been taking a farmer's livestock, only to find he had simply lost them in a drunken bet the night before and forgotten about it. It's hardly unexpected that you have to do some investigating of your own."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:12 pm

"Fair enough."

*looks over list. nods*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:22 pm

Zeiss looked over the famous list. He wondered in which group he was.

"...huh?"

The Scali put him as the leader of the second team. That was unexpected. Maybe he shouldn't have spoken in front of everyone. Must have given the impression that he was leader material.

"Well... Higade, Tabran, Raver! You're with me. We have farmers to talk to."

Still, it wasn't time to question the Scali's autority. He had to help him consolidate some hierarchy so that the job could be done. Zeiss needed the money.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:26 pm

The werewolf stands up, weakly holding onto his staff as he lazily heads for Zeiss direction.

"I approve of this course." He simply said. Smirking a little.

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Zeiss wrote:Zeiss looked over the famous list. He wondered in which group he was.

"...huh?"

The Scali put him as the leader of the second team. That was unexpected. Maybe he shouldn't have spoken in front of everyone. Must have given the impression that he was leader material.

"Well... Higade, Tabran, Raven! You're with me. We have farmers to talk to."

Still, it wasn't time to question the Scali's autority. He had to help him consolidate some hierarchy so that the job could be done. Zeiss needed the money.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:29 pm

"I agree with this course of action"
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Whis Kor looks at the list again.

"I believe that says 'Raver'. I am only going off of the guild list here so if this 'Raver' has decided not to show, then I suppose you will be one short."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next