March 2nd

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 pm

While the rest of the party considers their options and prepares for their meeting tomorrow with their friendly local food magnate, Higaide and Advoc make their way in the direction of the warehouses.  They are fairly certain they remain unseen, right up until a Sclavi soldier wearing Sho Nobility colors stops them and insists they turn around.  Thankfully he is amicable and polite, and Advoc does a good job of pretending to be Higaide's Aspect, and the two make trails before doubling back for a quick look now that they believe they've narrowed the search down.  Higaide springs on the idea of trying to take the long way around, and this pays off as they approach from a different angle and spot several large vehicles that are ill-disguised amongst the streets in the warehouse district.  Each vehicle is larger then an average hoverskiff, clearly heavily armored and blocky in appearance, and seems to have multiple cannons attached to it.  Advoc's Engineering knowledge from Zeiss realizes he's heard of such things being experimentally constructed by Xelios Drive Yards in the Glenden Woods area, though he knows little else.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Advoc attempts to contact Zeiss telepathically and surprisingly succeeds. Now that he knows how big Zeiss' new cell is, he examines the armed vehicles to determine if one of them is big enough to contain his summoner. In a calm voice, he says :

"I just contacted Zeiss. Javan is not with him. As for this..."

He points to the armed vehicles.

"This looks like a convoy. They are probably going to move them out of town soon. The Sho authorities will probably interrogate him and put him on trial as fast as possible. They don't like to delay that kind of thing. The Aluvian government might step in, but it is doubtful considering the current political situation. Zeiss proposes two options : we either try to break him and Javan out today, as it is most likely the only occasion for us to do so, or we go to Kinzh'Lizakh, complete the deal that was previously arranged and use his influence to rescue our friends. Either way is risky. We are not equipped to deal with that kind of threat; and Kinzh'Lizakh might be a dead end. In any case, I should stay here to make sure that Zeiss doesn't get out of range. I might lose complete contact if they leave town."

OOC:
Knowledge politics rolls. I take actions points for each one of these rolls. 1) Does Kinzh'Lizakh have the political influence to get me and Javan out of jail, or if that's impossible, can he "facilitate" our escape? 2) Is there a way to change our appointment from tomorrow to today without insulting him and keeping his image intact? 3) If I am indeed in one of these "tanks", where am I most likely taken? Hebian-To? 4) How is this incident most likely affecting Lady Lightmane's position? Could she lose a lot of political power because of this? Or is it somewhat possible for her to turn this situation around and maybe even advance her position? 5) Would the fall of the Undermarket profit the Provincial Trading company? Strange question, I know.

Thank you in advance for the answers. Smile
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:29 pm

"The one reason you've gotten away with revealing yourself last time was you pretended to be my Aspect, and there's no way you can blend in or hide, the way you're shining like a lamp. Get and give as much information as you can right now, and let's meet back with those two. The only thing we gain by staying here right now, let alone intervene, is either get chased out or give them another two prisoners, and make it even harder to find some real way out of this mess."
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Advoc burns 4 Action Points.

1: Kinzh'Lizakh, a local food magnate, has no where near the political clout to influence things on a Provincial level, let alone the entire Empire.  He might be capable of helping with contacts or resources though.
2: No.
3: You have nothing to base any speculation on.
4: That depends on who's behind it; it is possible this could advance her career though if she bankrolls military action against the Sho.
5: No, the PTC (like all other legitimate business) benefited from the Undermarket's existence.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:30 pm

"I won't..."

Advoc stops in mid-sentence.

"...Zeiss says that we should go. Let's regroup with the others."

OOC:
Before we leave, I'll try to get some important details : how many "tanks" there are, the pattern of the patrols (if there are any) and anything else that catches my attention. Unless any of you object, we should advance through time for tomorrow's meeting. Advoc tried to find a way to reschedule it, but I don't think we can. And we have to rest anyway.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Archengeia on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Advoc and Higaide take some notes on patrols (they seem to be utilizing a lot of troops to produce few holes in patterns), and it's hard to spot the odd vehicles in the alleyways and streets but you believe you see at least 4 distinct ones.

_________________

Archengeia's Custom Rules Documents
Battle Grid, updated regularly

Rule 0: We're all here to have fun.
Rule 1: GM's word is law.
avatar
Archengeia

Posts : 4083
Join date : 2013-02-13

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by K on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:54 pm

"We need to find that rapier before sunrise, let's hop to it."

ooc:
I need Advoc to illuminate for me underwater, so i need him down there with me. It' not an ideal situation either way, since he'll actually stick out more during the night, but i don't feel it's wise to waste another second towards recovering that thing. I'll take as long as needed, provided i'm not overly hindered by lack of sleep or hypothermia (though the cold water should keep me awake), and we split before sunrise and the docks become really crowded. I feel a bit more safe after the guards didn't recognize me, but better not push our luck.
avatar
K

Posts : 3137
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Zeiss on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:57 pm

Advoc nods.

OOC:
Let's assume in-character that we went back to Kolson and Rory to tell them what we learned. Just making sure they know what's happening.
avatar
Zeiss

Posts : 4315
Join date : 2013-02-12

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March 2nd

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum