Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 10 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by Rory Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:18 am

That's just what I wanted to hear, let's do it!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:15 am

The last thing i want to be is the party pooper, but let's at least have an objective beyond wrecking their shit with our Tusker of doom. We could seriously compromise everything if we're captured.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 pm

I understand, but maybe now is not the time to be cautious. I think I should forget transforming. We can do it without him, Arch has been providing some limited alternative tools, but they are useful tools nonetheless. If we're all captured, we can use Thog as our trump card.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Kolson does have this Exit materia if things go south. More than they already have anyway.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:47 pm

I think we're being way overconfident about this, but i won't stop you guys if you really want to do it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 pm

We're following the lead of a DnD veteran, what could possibly go wrong?

They probably wouldn't expect to be ambushed in the city streets in public, parading about an alleged criminal and feeling confident they have everyone fooled.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Lol, Rory. I do have a high survival rate, if that means anything, and I have always been better on offense.

But seriously, calling on my "veteran DnD" experience I don't think leaving Zeiss and Javan with the parade is a good idea. If things do go south with the raid on the base I am planning to Exit away and I'd rather have you two with us than not. Or, heaven forbid, a boss fight breaks out there while you two are still being led to your doom. Nothing like a boss fight on the literal clock to poop a party. I'm hoping we can cover you guys well enough so you can equip your stuff and join us for the final push out of the base.

@K We actually have three objectives.

1. Rescue Zeiss and Javan. This is our primary objective. 'Nuff said.

2. Get their equipment back. Besides Zeiss' beloved pet, they are both sporting expensive and useful gear that won't be replaced easily and are literally required for them to do their party roles as well as they do. Zeiss is the man at talking and lying and as awesome as Rory and Thog are, Javan is both our main tank and one of our most powerful sources of fast damage thanks to his spear. He's literally saved our bacon with that stuff on more than one occasion. I'm not sacrificing that without a fight.

3. Fuck these guys. If they think they can use my friends to advance their stupid game of international statesmanship they have another thing coming. I'm going to show them in no uncertain terms how expensive it is to pursue this folly and if that means making an armored division look like clowns then so be it.

I'm hoping if we can break their morale the majority of the soldiers will run rather than throw their lives away trying to stop us. We'll see.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Whenever you have a specific plan of action feel free to post it over in the IC forum so I can start doing the no doubt many rolls involved.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:01 am

I am onboard. Something else for the plan of action:

I would like to add in openly accusing the entire detachment of soldiers here as impostors serving their own interests with deceit and murder(in a general sense) to cast them in a dim light in the presence of the onlookers, in order to protect us from their intervention or public shaming. This'll be done once every guard still conscious is alert to our presence at the start of the assault.

Anyone wishing to add their bit to this, it'll be Diplomacy. Mine is 10, I keep my forum sheet up-to-date.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:21 am

You got it Arch. Smile

I think we are going to need Thog for the base. I'll specifically need him to target mages and active tanks whenever they appear. We'll do our best to support you by taking out pockets of enemy infantry. Do whatever you think is best to support us. Anyway, let's hatch the plan. Please speak up if you see a hole. Even better, make a suggestion to fill it if you can.

Plan Part 1: The Parade

Equipment: We divide the smoke bombs between us three. You guys get the majority while I'll hang on to 1 or 2 just in case.

Higaide also gets Zeiss' sword as well our replacement spear for Javan.

You both get two iron daggers in case you need to cut any rope. Give the extras to Zeiss and Javan if it looks like they'll be able to help.

You both get a lock picking set in case we need Zeiss to do so.

I'll take one of the communication stones and one of you gets the other.

The Plan: We run ahead of the parade where you two mingle with the crowd, taking up position in the front of the crowd.

Meanwhile, I'll find a high point within range of your stone and see if I can act as your eyes in the sky and reinforcements if things go wrong.

When they pass by, I'll give the signal and you guys throw the smoke bombs. The trick will be using them to cut yourselves, the prisoners, and their handlers off from everyone else. I'll hit the handlers with a fire spell to soften them up and you guys finish them off however way you are comfortable with.

If Zeiss and Javan are chained up, you'll need to find a key on the guards. If they are tied up instead, use the daggers to quickly cut them free. If you can't do either of those then pick them up and run away. We'll figure it out back at base camp. Hell, maybe Zeiss can pick the locks if need be.

IF this is a trap to draw us out, we'll need to concentrate as soon as possible so I can Exit us out of there. I'll set off another smoke bomb to show our rally point and we can all meet there. Then zoom.

Plan Part 2: The Base

Equipment List: Not finalized.

The Plan: We have lots of choices here. Just because we use Thog to mess the place up doesn't mean we can't be stealthy before hand.

How comfortable are K and Zeiss infiltrating the base prior to the assault? If you guys do, you can use the fireworks to set up some distractions around the base. I'm also willing to give you guys whatever smoke bombs remain and my bags of glittermuck.

This is entirely up to you guys of course. I'm not going to lie, this is very dangerous. I'm also perfectly happy having Thog punch a hole into the base after I splatter the tanks and then we all just destroy everything between us and the tavern.

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:23 am

@Rory: If you want, I suppose we could. I'm not expecting the onlookers to stick around for long after we initiate the attack.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:35 am

Thog could knock over the tanks and let it roll on its back, like a turtle. If he's strong enough. It's not a serious suggestion, I just thing it would be fun to watch.

If Rory wants to do that propaganda thingy, Zeiss could contribute by yelling something while doing a Persuasion roll. Something like : "You stubborn traditionalists can't even see the true enemy!" Or something like that. I wouldn't hold my breath for success though.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:58 am

Assuming the citizens disperse, I won't bother.

If we can reach the base, you guys will have to put me under and hide me during the transformation. After Thog wakes up, cue his deployment when it's time with high-pitched whistles.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Seems like everyone's set on doing this. You know my reservations about part 3, but i'll go with whatever's decided.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 am

Alright then, if you guys don't want to give me any input on the plan plan I'll wing it myself. Let's do this!
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:27 am

Like he says. Smile
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:16 pm

If you happen to know who the leader is, Zeiss, you can say in a post that you listen for the leader and when he speaks, you turn to me and say "that's him".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Wow, you guys are hogging all the fun for yourselves! :P

Which sadly for me, it'll have to stay that way. I just found out that instead of being fixed, my internet only went from 'down' to 'highly unstable'. Which sucks more, believe it or not.

So I'm going to officially relinquish Javan's acts to Zeiss until I get my net fixed for good while I can post at all.

May your dice roll true, and your criticals maximize.

(Note: this is my fourth attempt at posting this. Copy-paste is my friend, but my windows of opportunity is too freaking small)
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:47 am

Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:42 pm

I see you took note of that one too.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Arch, I would like a roll to determine who has the corrosive acid given to us by Khinz'Lizakh's contact.

That corrosive acid is strong enough to require being held in a steel container. If any one of us on the ground has the acid, we can simply pour it on each of the chains binding our peoples' feet right away, probably no more than that, before having them run and hide, possibly using the rest of the acid on the chains binding their hands, if enough is available.

However, Kolson was the one who requested it, and if he still has it, he may have to get our attention and throw it down to us. That's a steel container, not glass, so it won't break. But first, we will have to get out of the smoke in order for him to see us and call attention to himself, and for us to see him at all.

Meanwhile, when Kolson is waving and shouting, he may get the attention of the guards. In this case, I think he should shout out some kind of exclamation to blend his reaction with that of the crowds, so that only we pay attention and look up because we recognize his voice. He will still have to be drawing attention, so it will have to be loud, and risking an obvious tone at the expense of being less inconspicuous.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:40 am

*rolls* Currently Higaide has it.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:04 am

Why would I yell? I have the communication stone. I'd just talk to whoever has the other one and trust them to fill the rest of you in.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:37 am

You want me to pour acid next to the limbs of the people we're trying to save?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 pm

@Javan: I just realized that Javan might misconstrue my comment as an amusement. Rather, it sucks that your internet is basically out Javan but I'll leave the character in NPC-mode reserve for you just in case. Regardless of the campaign I hope the situation is fixed, and the sooner the better.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum