Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome back home

+2
K
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Welcome back home - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome back home

Post by K Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Yeah, i guess he probably was. I must've caught some stupid flu or something but too late now, i suppose.

Edit

As for Scions, i very much doubt it's that clear-cut. I'll bet money there are at least a few more lying around, and even if there aren't, it only takes one to subvert hundreds. Best case scenario, we'll still have to deal with Gaerlan himself.

I'm up for some roleplay, but i don't see Higaide initiating. Hope you don't think it emo of me to ask your char to do the honors.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:58 pm

I'm pretty sure the other party will take care of Gaerlan. Maybe. I'm avoiding the Primus videos not to meta too much.

And sure, I can do the honors. Could you just post something to show me where Higaide is and what he's doing?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Sure. Perfect. Great. Thumbs up. Meanwhile, I found this: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img641/8873/motivatore301103a3c0951.jpg

Hmm, did someone want to talk to me? I'm sorry. I'm busy asking Kolson about his life story.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Zeiss and Higaide

Keep in mind, we agreed we wouldn't be off on our own for the duration of the ride, so try to RP that. Higaide seems like he's cut off from interaction mentally, and seized the moment to wordlessly come up for air with Kolson and Rory, and is now curled up somewhere Kolson and Rory have been able to keep an eye on him. And now, Zeiss is coming up for some air, let's assume with Javan, who was with him as his buddy below deck when he would have been alone otherwise.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 pm

I never said he was curled up.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Too bad Kolson has material evidence on Higaide's curling up, huh?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:47 pm

I'd be lying if i said i get that.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:24 am

Oh he's in the fetal position crying his eyes dry. Didn't we all come to that conclusion? tongue
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:28 am

K wrote:Yeah, i guess he probably was. I must've caught some stupid flu or something but too late now, i suppose.

No, I'm being serious K. I'm not asking you to dumb yourself down but you should also be willing to open yourself, and therefore your character, up to the drama/comedy/whatever of shared storytelling. As a player, part of choosing who and what your character cares about tells the GM what kinds of situations and stories you want to be involved in.

Why do you think I gave Kolson a family when the smart play is to be an orphaned-emo-murder-hobo like in all the video games, movies, and animes?

Why do you think I had Kolson try to start a business when the smart play would have been to use the money to buy better and more adventuring gear?

Why do you think I had Kolson step in and try to rebuild the Undermarket when the smart play would have been finding paying work and letting the world sort it out?

So I ask you: Who is Higaide? Who does he care about and why? What does he love and why? What does he hate and why? What does he want to accomplish and why?

If you are wondering why I'm asking you all this it's because I'd love to see a story where Higaide is the star and his pals have to help him out. Higaide has been following us all around while we do our stuff and I'd like to see us follow him around for once.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:29 am

Gee dude, now you put me in the spot.

Higaide has three people he cares about outside the party: his master and two friends he kept, from the time he was a kid working in some craftsman's shop in Hlalu. There used to be seven, but one of them went insane and murdered the other two, and i never wrote as to why that was, cause i wanted to leave that in hands other than mine. The other one was the old store owner, who died and left the shop to his scumbag son, who started turning the business into a soulless and corrupt enterprise until my character smashed his nose with a paperweight before setting out with five of his companions to make their fortune elsewhere. He changed his name along the way, in order to make himself seem a bit more imposing, so things wouldn't so easily get to him smashing people's noses; then two of his companions died, the other one having gone crazy and killing them, the other two ended up marrying and opening a business of their own, while Higaide went off adventuring, hoping to get stronger and stuff - which he eventually did when he found some Yūkyūzan Anji-like wandering monk who taught him a fraction of his power over the course of eight odd years.

The reason you haven't seen Higaide care much about anything other than the situation at hand, is because he hasn't had anything to care about in a while. He's been disillusioned with society from a young age, so whenever people talk about profit and ambition, it just sounds like rubbish to him; and the three people he cared about, he wasn't able to do anything about (like, literally, unless i left the party - which i did at one point) until they were magically rescued not once but twice, with no input from him whatsoever. So now, the very last thing he's gonna do is risk jeopardising them again, because he DOES care about them.

He cared about the homeless Gnolls back at Al-Erat, which if you remember, he tried damn hard to help them settle and find a home there, after being devastated at having had something do to with the death of just one of them. And he's gonna care again, soon as you find people in need that he can do something for. He cared about Kolson and Rory's families, which is why he had motivation to get on the boat to Sho, and he cares now about all the faceless nobodies that are gonna get killed in some dumbass war that's being orchestrated by some hidden powerful morons who think it's fun to treat people like trash.

What he doesn't care about is money and politics and business. Never has and never will.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:31 am

Something's come up, probably won't be able to post until Monday. See you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:39 am

All the best with whatever it is.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:59 pm

Yeah, good luck Zeiss.

@K From the background you shared it sounds like Higaide is a natural follower content to blow wherever the winds take him. Would you say that's accurate?

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 am

By the way I'm seeing majority ruling in favor of day = turn format... feel free to violently agree or disagree with me on this.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:49 am

I violently agree as instructed.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:28 am

@Arch: I still feel there are things that need taking care of once we disembark, namely reporting to Lightmane and getting that rapier scanned, and seeing where it goes from there.

After that, i've not much of a violent reason to oppose the daily thing, provided there's no immediate problem requiring our attention.

@Kolson: This is describing it loosely, but i'd say Higaide is more of a loner. He's not a follower, in the sense that he doesn't put much stock in what any one person says he should be doing, since he has his own ideas on that (though there are a few people he trusts enough to give the benefit of the doubt); and he's not a leader because he's not good at making people agree with him, or motivating anyone to do what he thinks is right.

As far as the winds that take him, that makes it sound more whimsical and uncaring than it actually is. He doesn't go with the flow; he chews and grinds the flow before he knows where to go. You can narrow down his motivations to a few simple things, but there's nothing whimsical as to how he goes about it (not that he wouldn't like to be whimsical and uncaring, but people keep suffering and dying around him, or there's some problem about the world ending and his race facing enslavement, and all that).

I'd go so far as to say he's often dumbstruck at how easily people can adopt a belief or course of action just because they're told to, and the reason he so often follows suit in the party is that he forces himself to shut down that part of him.

I'm actually simplifying him, believe it or not. He's a more complex person than he or i have let on, but that's by necessity (heck, how many times have i been accused of overthinking things), since most often the only thing he can do is shut up and follow, or the party would have trouble functioning.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:48 pm

A majority has indeed voted in favor of the fastforward bill. We consider it passed.

*wooden hammer sound*

(I guess?)
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:21 am

Seems fair to me. Turn = "I'd like to do do a, b, and c", then get results, new day. "A, b and c" will depend on whether you can reasonably attempt whatever it is you want to do in one day, else it extends into your next turn. Pending reality check and GM ruling of course, you can't put a horse inside a bag of holding and all that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:08 am

Not a live one anyway.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:13 am

*rolls to see how long a horse can hold its breath*
As an aside I figure this way Javan might be able to participate more, as another added positive.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:04 pm

Maybe some kind of materia that allows breathing in space could be the solution here? Guys, we need to start researching this angle, it'll be revolutionary! Portable Horses!

And Arch, I was thinking the same thing actually.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:16 pm

If you guys don't mind figuring out an immediate to-do list for when you arrive in Holtburg that'd be awesome. A little clean up before we switch to a daily format.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:26 pm

Scan the sword, report to Lightmane. Maybe in the reverse order, if she can help with the former.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Javan will wait for confirmation on the official situation the party is in before doing anything.
Will be on the lookout for ways to conceal his crystalline self, as it seems to bring much unwanted attention, maybe even something that uses his excess of air affinity to fuel it.
That, and he's going to look into what's needed to create a mercenary group, leaning towards working with villages and such during the war in order to help keep peace, and start working on that angle immediately. In fact, Javan has been considering that since one of the elemental trials, not to mention our favorite yellow mage did something that pushed Javan further enough into this path. Next feat is totally going to be Leadership.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:22 pm

March 6/7th, Turn #1

Rory would go along with Zeiss for the free beer and his family troubles, but also check for mail. Also, pending Kolson's goals.

He will also want to meet up with Ursolan to see what he's done and if the drudge or the human-helpers(they probably have an offish name by now) have any work best suited for someone of his abilities. If no one remembers the drudge's name, he'll probably ask around for the Drudge helping the weird-looking elves.

omitted:
Task 1: find Ursolan/"the drudge"
omitted:
Task 2: (?)one appearance lending support to Javan's merc militia recruitment opportunities among humans(?)
Task 3: help Zeiss find dear-old-dad

Last edited by Rory on Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content