Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

+12
Rory
K
Gwydo
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Caladrius
Snarg of Wildpaw
Araiguna
Sethos
Ashakel
Kolson
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
16 posters

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress - Page 7 Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 pm

"The gnolls themselves."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress - Page 7 Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm

Sethos wrote:To Higaide

"If you're going down there I'm coming with you, I want to be at least close enough to heal you if this situation goes bad"

"Thanks, but if this goes bad, i'm not sure any amount of healing will help. I'd rather present as little a threat as possible."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 pm

"It certainly seems so, although the connection to the Gnolls is circumstantial at best. I also wouldn't go around showing bounty papers to your bounty. That's not going to win any friends, especially since they've recently been slain by your hand."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

"This talking isn't getting us very far. I'm going talk to them. I suggest only one or two others follow. Too big a group will make it look like we're attacking."

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

"Just a little detail : we killed their scout. Don't you think they aren't gonna be angry?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Rory Vallon wrote:"The gnolls themselves."

"So he WAS using the gnolls, then? Get them to harass the people, and get money off it? Is the mayor involved? how far up does it go?"

Last edited by K_ on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:56 pm

K_ wrote:"Bill in bad Faith?

The guardian was using the gnolls, wasn't he?"

"Got it in one. But all we have right now are a bunch of good guesses. We need real proof, preferably some cooperative witnesses."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

"I hope for your sake they at least speak common."

Whis Kor motions for Zeiss to lead him and anyone else who follows to ambush positions.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Points to Zeiss very enthusiastically

"What he said, perhaps we could wait until they're brethren's body is cold before we make our acquaintance any further?"
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:TO GM
Spoiler:
The surrounding area is quite flat, aside from the ravine itself obviously. If you chance getting closer you can see more, but at least theoretically if you wanted to set up an ambush, doing so on the edge of the cliffside leading into it, at ground level, would be tactically sound.

Araiguna wrote:by this point araiguna has crawled up to within inches of the edge of the ravine. and peeks ever so slightly over the edge to gain some sort of sense as to what's going on down there.

Spoiler:
Araiguna:
Spoiler:

Ashakel wrote:GM[b]
Spoiler:
Ashakel:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Don't you think they aren't gonna be angry?

"We didn't meant to. And I'm the killer. That burden is on me. And me alone." He looked to the ravine. "That's why I'll volunteer."

Evanar

Character sheet
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:57 pm

The current mayor is probably under duress from Oakenheart, who is a puppet for Hotawa, a candidate arriving in 2 days.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Zeiss wrote:"Just a little detail : we killed their scout. Don't you think they aren't gonna be angry?"

"Yes we did, and yes i do."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

[quote="Evanar"]
"That's why I'll volunteer."

"I'M going."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

To Raver: "They might just string you up on sight."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

"One more thing. Were the gnolls in on it on any level, or were they being manipulated?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:00 pm

Spoiler:

Peering down you spy what looks like a fairly well made stairway that leads down one of the cliffsides that makes up the ravine. The ravine itself is a narrow slope down until the two canyon walls are far enough apart that, at which point the slow sloping decline abruptly cuts off. From what you can tell, the river at the base (much further down then that cutoff) is primarily an underground one, and happens to spill out into this area. The staircase continues to follow the cliff wall all the way down to the base, and one would have to be careful going down it, as any attempts to move at speed would involve risk of slipping or falling. There are no individuals on the staircase at the moment that you can see, however you can't quite make out what is at the base.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Archengeia wrote:
Spoiler:

Peering down you spy what looks like a fairly well made stairway that leads down one of the cliffsides that makes up the ravine. The ravine itself is a narrow slope down until the two canyon walls are far enough apart that, at which point the slow sloping decline abruptly cuts off. From what you can tell, the river at the base (much further down then that cutoff) is primarily an underground one, and happens to spill out into this area. The staircase continues to follow the cliff wall all the way down to the base, and one would have to be careful going down it, as any attempts to move at speed would involve risk of slipping or falling. There are no individuals on the staircase at the moment that you can see, however you can't quite make out what is at the base.

Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Sick of all the back and forth with no results, Hanuel stands and begins walking purposefully towards the ravine, slipping the crossbow back into it's sheath while keeping the buckler shield equipped.

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 pm

"Listen, just listen for a minute! If these gnolls bury their dead, I think they're intelligent enough for a conversation. However... I'm not sure. We killed one of their own, they're gonna be sensitive, maybe look for revenge.. If we're gonna talk...Don't send a member of the same species who killed the gnoll, I would say."
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:03 pm

Rory mutters a few obscenities under his breath as he watches Hanuel take action.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:04 pm

"If no one else is marching down there, this would be a good time to get in to position."

Whis Kor, using the scouts reports, motions to ambush positions while getting prepared himself.

"No, no, let him go if he's so determined. Just be ready to prove your intelligence by burying him if this goes wrong."

Last edited by Whis Kor on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rellan Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:04 pm

"Not saying I'm going to make myself a sitting duck, but we should at least have someone fluent in Undercommon there if we're going to talk..."
Rellan
Rellan

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: None
Class: Black Mage
Race: Gnome

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next