Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

+12
Rory
K
Gwydo
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Caladrius
Snarg of Wildpaw
Araiguna
Sethos
Ashakel
Kolson
Permeus (tabran)
Archengeia
16 posters

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Spoiler:

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 02, The Ravine Fortress

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Ashakel wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: White Mage
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:02 pm

"Despite the ... activity ... we have witnessed, let's not forget we were hired to do a job. Corrupt locals or not, I will ensure that the contract is fulfilled on our end. Any substantial accusations or action can wait until after we are done with our assignment unless it directly interferes with the ability to do our job."

Whis Kor growls in to his drink "then perhaps I will have a moment with the local 'Guardian'".
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:45 pm

"Certainly," says Kolson, having finished his meal, "The gnolls will have to be dealt with one way or another but you guys do realize we are being used to clean up that particular loose end right? It doesn't much matter what was promised to the gnolls in the end since once we fulfill our contract none of them will be left alive anyway."

"I'll also say, that people who deal with their allies in this manner rarely live up to their part of the bargain. If our hand has indeed been tipped, then it's likely someone will clean us up too."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:00 pm

"Yes, indeed they appear to be using us...*hic*.. We're ain't cutting nobody's ends around here I say!"*shakes head**
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian
Race: Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:44 pm

"if the bill was to get us out of town then why post the bill in the first place?

i say that taking the leader of the Gnolls alive is more important now, that or finding some proof that they were paid off in some way"

"the rest of my team are running a bit late but they were only meant to be scouting the lay of the land to the northwest of Tamy's Farm"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:02 pm

Whis Kor looks slightly more annoyed than he already is.

"Regardless of ulterior motives, you can not just do anything you feel like on an assignment. Don't forget that you represent Adventurer's Guild interests as well. If you feel so strongly about the politics in this town and want to do something immediately, resign now so you do not drag an already struggling guild in to this business."

He stops a moment to finish the rest of his drink in one, long swig before stamping the empty jug down on the table.

"Now, if you want to bring this to the guild's attention, that's another thing. I can't say they'll care about it, but if you want to go through the right channels, that's where to go."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

permeus wrote:"the rest of my team are running a bit late but they were only meant to be scouting the lay of the land to the northwest of Tamy's Farm"

Having just returned from ordering an ale and plate of mutton, Gwydo's voice surprises the gathered group, "Northwest you say? We had heard a rumor that the Gnolls attack from, and retreat towards, the northwest area. We asked around and found that there is a canyon in that general vicinity with a below-ground river running at its base.

I suspect we may have confirmation on a location where the gnolls may be hiding out."
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 pm

"Well, I could use a swim to wash the stench of this rotten city..." *smells himself*
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Spoiler:
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

K_ wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Gwydo:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

Whis Kor
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm

[quote="Archengeia"]Gwydo:
Spoiler:

Archengeia
Spoiler:
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 pm

Archengeia wrote:Whis Kor
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 pm

Whis Kor wrote:
Archengeia wrote:Whis Kor
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Spoiler:
"Now let me see if I've got this right..."

Rory recounts the info gathered, with others filling in the blanks of his mind.

Zigund is the current mayor. He has proposed a tariff on local crops, which is opposed by court member Lunka. This tariff would restrict export of crops, which is an unpopular move with farmers and merchants.

Oakenheart sets up a pay-for-protection racket, all the while glorifying his abilities. Some farms pay up front.

Gnolls start specifically attacking farms that don't pay, burning crops. There are no casualties in the raids, no hostages taken, and no pillaging.

Meanwhile, Hotawa draws the guards in to protect the town, but not outlying settlements. Their shifts become extended, causing them to grow weary and lowering their morale.

Public opinion for Zigund decreases in favor of Hotawa, who's support grows.

Oakenheart issues a bill with the adventurer's guild to exterminate the gnolls.

"So, here's what I think: Oakenheart is obviously a criminal leader in Hotawa's pocket; however, he seems to have Zigund under duress, getting everything set up for Hotawa when he arrives to oust the defending candidate. It might be speculation, but we can't just follow through, or we'll get the axe --quiet-like, away from the public. Besides, what looks worse for the guild: defaulting on a bill, or helping the conspiracy, whether party to the plan or not?

"We should scout for the gnolls in the canyon to the northwest, their base may be set up near the subterranean river located there. If they attack, we'll just have to show 'em what we've got--if might makes right, we need to get tough. Once they're listening, we show them our guild certificates and assigned bills and it'll be clear to them that they have been betrayed. Then, if we can get them to lie in wait for Hotawa's entrance, we could put an end to the conspiracy once it is revealed. Alternatively, we could convince their leader to testify against Oakenheart and Hotawa, get the public, the militia, and Zigund himself on our side. If we pull that off, we'll have Oakenheart and Zigund backed into a corner, at which point they'll either flee, turn hostile, or surrender(which I doubt).

"And," he added, "if the gnolls continue to be a problem, we could simply put them down before the end of the four day period and collect our fee, assuming the guild won't default on our payment once Oakenheart is no longer able or willing to pay."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:55 pm

"Well, I'm sure Oakheart will pay the guild in one way or another. One should always keep to their agreements, don't you think?"

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:01 pm

Caladrius responds to Whis Kor "I server a higher purpose then to simply follow order of some guild. If I were simply following order for the guild to the letter then I would be no better than paid thug. If I discovered that Guardian' Oakheart is truly pulling the strings which all indications seem to point at this point to then knowingly follow his order makes me a mercenary in his conspiracy plot. I don't know about you, but I refuse to take part in a that plot"

Caladrius speaks to the entire group
"Someone should visit Hotawa and find out if he part of this larger conspiracy or if he knows anything. We can either try to bluff by presenting ourselves as representatives of Guardian' Oakheart asking him on the plan taking place or take a more diplomatic approach and find out if he is truly involved. Chances are we will only get one shot to find the truth.

We should probably also revisit Guardian' Oakheart with a different party to see if we can extract anymore information out of him as he appears to be the center of the issue.

Finally we need to send a group into the reach and attempt to capture not kill the Gnolls and hopefully the leader. Once we have them in custody then hopefully we will be able to find the truth, and let the chips falls where they may."

Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Spoiler:
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Hanuel and Dara wrote:"Well, I'm sure Oakheart will pay the guild in one way or another. One should always keep to their agreements, don't you think?"
Spoiler:
In response to Caladrius
"Sounds like you've thought of everything. I'm not much help at deception, I wouldn't be much help in a party returning to Oakenheart. I could pose as muscle hired by Oakenheart when visiting Hotawa, or provide actual muscle out in the reach."

Spoiler:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Whis Kor slowly stands up and walks over to Caladruis, getting very close to him.

"If that's what you truly think, then you've already proven that you can't be trusted. What am I to do with someone who betrays an agreement when he catches wind of anything that doesn't fit his worldview; something that doesn't follow his personal ideals? If you consider yourself above the common folk who make up this guild then you consider yourself accountable to no one sitting here before you.

I don't consider Oakheart any more than a common thug after my first meeting, yet I will not grab my arms and hunt him down for some personal vendetta against my feelings. If you want to be a rogue, then I would suggest not signing your name to any agreements in future dealings. If you wish to be rid of your agreement, I would suggest moving at once to the guild to inform them of your decision. Then you will be able to act now instead of after our agreement is honored or dismissed; I won't stop you from your quest."

Whis Kor backs up a bit.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashakel Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:31 pm

GM
Spoiler:
Ashakel
Ashakel

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next