Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

+11
Evanar
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
K
Rory
Kolson
Araiguna
Sethos
Ashakel
Caladrius
Archengeia
15 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw - Page 9 Empty Re: First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

Post by K Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 am

*steps forward*

"Sir, i share in the blame. Me and my party acted out of rashness and sheer stupidity and ventured here without knowledge or authority."

Last edited by K_ on Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw - Page 9 Empty Re: First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

Post by K Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 am

"The blame lies on us, but the ones behind me drew no blood."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 am

The Gnoll looked at the group gathered before him. For the first time, it occurs to you that there is not a hint of fear on his feral features, but fortunately some of the anger is ebbing out of his tone as he speaks in fluent Common.
He turns first towards the Lord Elf and the Lugian, seemingly thoughtful. "I believe you... for that Orc," he spits to the side, "Has a certain way with words and was very convincing." He leans upon one side of the hallway wall, actually cracking it slightly with his weight. "You see, Harkun approached me and my tribe over a month ago. A simple plan, he called it." The Gnoll lets out a barking laugh. "We pretend to raid a local town, he pretends to guard it, and he helps us with what we've always wanted... a place to settle outside of Stonehold." At this you hear a faint note of quiet resignation in his deep tones. "Gnolls aren't thought of well in the civilized lands, but it's worse in Stonehold... all we are in their sight is mere tools, enforcers or bandits, keeping things in line. It's not much of a life." He laughs faintly. "I brought many with me of the Wildpaw, though the rest laughed... 'A life of farming? Of trading in the market, and sharing in tales with neighbors? What kind of life is that!' They did not understand what we crave." He stands back upright. "What we want, quite simply, is a home."
At this, he turns to the young lycanthrope. "I accept your promise of debt, and my requirement of you is quite simple." He points a large finger at him. "Help us find the home we always wanted. The one that has been stolen from us by the p'tak Harkun."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 am

"Help us find the home we always wanted. The one that has been stolen from us by the p'tak Harkun."

"I promise. It's the least I can do." The wolf nods humbly "Can you tell me more of your stolen home? And what should we deal with Harkun?"

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:55 am

Caladirus politely says "thank you" to the Gnoll
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: White Mage
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 am

Zeiss stopped hiding. Trying to be casual, he said:

"You do know you cannot have a home while Oakheart is alive?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

Rory sees his idea of testifying might work after all. "Actually, I think I see a way this could all work out."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

Would you be willing to testify to this? In a "civilized" court, against Oakheart?
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:57 am

Sethos, slowly steps forwards a little.

"If you'll permit me the honour, I too will help you reclaim what has been taken from you".

His pipe in his surprisingly steady hand.
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:58 am

Zeiss wrote:"You do know you cannot have a home while Oakheart is alive?"

"One thing at a time."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:59 am

Whis Kor whispers under his breath so the Gnoll can not hear him, his voice furious.

"A new home in exchange for burning the homes of others? What an absolutely honorable being."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 am

The Gnoll laughs. "I would of course prefer Harkun's head on a stick, paraded through the streets, but I doubt that would go over well." At this, his entire demeanor and tone grow terribly dark. "But that Orc is going to die, for what he did to the Dragonflayers, to the Wildpaw, and now I learn, to you."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 am

Archengeia wrote:The Gnoll laughs. "I would of course prefer Harkun's head on a stick, paraded through the streets, but I doubt that would go over well." At this, his entire demeanor and tone grow terribly dark. "But that Orc is going to die, for what he did to the Dragonflayers, to the Wildpaw, and now I learn, to you."

"The Dragonflayers?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:01 am

"im sorry to say it but they may not take his word for what has happened"

*nods at the Big Gnoll*

"do you have anything in the way of proof"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Sethos Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 am

Sethos looks down.

"I hate to say it, but what if they don't care?" To Permeus "Us "higher races" have never cared for gnolls, people out there like to pretend they're just monsters, it may be that if we tell them about this conspiracy, that they may just not care" He looks at the gnoll.

"We may have to take this into our own hands".
Sethos
Sethos

Character sheet
Race: Burun

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:05 am

"Sethos is right. I see one way to finish this : we ambush Oakheart. All of us."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 am

Zeiss wrote:Zeiss stopped hiding. Trying to be casual, he said:

"You do know you cannot have a home while Oakheart is alive?"
The massive Gnoll looks down at the Elf, and you think he's smiling behind his armor. "Oh, I'm well aware. Hunting him was going to be our last action here before we fled."

Gwydo wrote:Would you be willing to testify to this? In a "civilized" court, against Oakheart?
He shuffles uncomfortably. "If necessary, I suppose. Though I do have something a bit more convincing than words, for I never got rid of the original contract Harkun signed with us." He lets out a pitiless laugh. "I have a feeling he never expected me to keep it."

Sethos wrote:Sethos, slowly steps forwards a little.

"If you'll permit me the honour, I too will help you reclaim what has been taken from you".

His pipe in his surprisingly steady hand.

The Gnoll lowers its head slightly in consideration. "I would be grateful, Burun."
He looks at Higaide for a moment. "Yes, the Dragonflayer Clan. The Kobolds who made this place their home." As he's talking, he fumbles about in his pouch and produces a surprisingly well-crafted writ of parchment. "And here it is, the contract with Harkun. Full details on everything, signed and sealed with a magical tracer."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:06 am

"they may not cair that its ""only Gnolls"" but they may cair that orkheart has been playing them"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:08 am

"Attacking Oakheart directly is careless. What will the people reaction be? They'll see as bandits and traitors. No... We need a more proper way to settle this well. Al-Erat must know what Oakheart has done, as first thing... Then we'll kill him."

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Caladrius Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am

Caladius "Who shall we report this too? the Mayor?
Caladrius
Caladrius

Character sheet
Race: Lord Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:09 am

"But we need proof" The wolf turns his gaze to the Gnoll Master. And the contract.

Last edited by Evanar on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

Zeiss took the document the Gnolls offered to them.

"I will look at this."

He doubted the others would know what to do with something so important.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin) Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

Caladrius wrote:Caladius "Who shall we report this too? the Mayor?
"The Guild, at the very least. Bill in bad faith."
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)

Character sheet
Class: Green Mage
Race: Fairy

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:10 am

Whis Kor, practically foaming at the mouth, spins around, points at the Gnoll, and shouts:

"How then will you and your kin make reprimands for what you've done? For surely it is justice to destroy the homes and possessions of others as long as it brings them to yourself in the end? Do you enjoy that you will have built your new home on the broken rubble of others?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:11 am

"Just killing oakheart may change nothing, but destroying him could work for everyone involved."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next