Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

+10
K
Ashakel
Gwydo
Kolson
Rory
Permeus (tabran)
Snarg of Wildpaw
Z
Zeiss
Archengeia
14 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 11 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:38 am

Araiguna:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave - Page 11 Empty Re: Second Adventure 02: The Northern Cave

Post by Araiguna Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 am

"SETHOS, KEZ, GET HIM!!!" he yells as he lets loos an arrow aimed directly for his legs to slow him down
Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:39 am

Araiguna wrote:"alright, sethos, Kez, lets get what ever is out there."
araiguna stands up still attempting to be stealthy with crossbow loaded and rapier and axe at the ready.
Spoiler:

*Kezrithnka sill shaken moves to stay within visual sight of Arainguna but does not move out into the open. Attempting to be ready to assist him from a distance if she is able. She flexes her hind claws, for the first time revealing their super sharp edges.*
Z
Z

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Black Mage
Race: Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 am

Snarg sits down heavily on the ground and nervously cackles.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 am

"ok i may have been misinformed but arnt you ment to be a mindless beast?"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:40 am

"Thank you." Rory echoed flatly. This frelling day. He started shaking uncontrollably, twitching noticeably as he lowered his axe. "Go to hell," he snarled.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:41 am

The other door does not appear to be trapped but it is locked. The Tusker, with unnerving ease and speed, shifts itself sideways and drags itself into the circular room with the rest of you, having to slouch down considerably to avoid scraping its head on the ceiling. "Most people don't try to be nice to me," he says with a rumbling voice that shakes the entire cave as he reaches out one hand almost as big as Snarg's midsection to shake his hand. "I assumed you were more treasure hunters."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:42 am

"MOST PEOPLE GET CHARGED WHEN SPOTTED BY A TUSKER," Rory growls through clenched teeth.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 am

Snarg hesitantly returns the shake. "N-n-no, we aint'. What you be doin' in a place like this?" he says with a slight shake in his voice.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:44 am

Araiguna wrote:"SETHOS, KEZ, GET HIM!!!" he yells as he lets loos an arrow aimed directly for his legs to slow him down
Spoiler:

*Kezrinthka attempts to put the fleeing orc to sleep, but fails. She takes a deep breath and darts after him. She's fast but he has a head start. Perhaps she could slow him by slashing at his anckles...*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:44 am

Zeiss finally started to get back to his senses. When he heard the Tusker talk about "mistaking" their group for treasure hunters, he stopped examining the locked door.

Instead, he observed the Tusker. And the sphere.

"...Are you guarding that sphere?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 am

"No," says Kolson, shakily putting up his sword. It takes him 3 tries but he manages it. "We are representatives of the Adventurer's Guild here on a Job. A contagion has caused a nearby settlement to become sick. We were hired to investigate. But you already know about the water, yes?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:47 am

"Oh where are my manners. I am O'ulan'takangaskan." He stretches before turning towards the Elven rogue. "You gave me a bit of a scare there. I assumed more treasure hunters had come, though I have grown quite weary of staying here." The creature deftly maneuvers back into the north room. "Come, I have some food humanoids enjoy, the others put it here when they forced me here."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:50 am

Snarg picks himself up off the ground and follows O'lua- the Tusker at a cautious distance.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 am

A strange creature with a dangerous shout. A crazy woman. And now, a Tusker who invited them to eat. Zeiss, still shaken by what he lived, wasn't sure about what to do. The Tusker seemed friendly enough. Maybe it would be a good idea to sit down on a chair and talk to him. Or her. Whatever.

So, that's what he did.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:51 am

Meanwhile, Topside:
The Orc yelps briefly in pain as arrow and spell connects with it, and he stops and turns. His face is completely shrouded by a desert cloth of some type, and he spies the Olthoi thundering down on him. He begins to cast some type of Yellow magic. Kezrinthka feels like she might reach him right before he finishes.

In The Depths:
O'ulan'takangaskan shakes his large head no, tusks sparking against the hallway walls as he does so. "I do not guard the strange orb, I am here merely in case any treasure hunters show up. I was told to incapacitate all but one should this happen, lock the others up but take care of them, and that is all. It is an unpleasant task, and one I wish to be rid of, but there is a field preventing me from leaving this accursed cave." He smashes one hand on the wall in anger, causing several bits of rubble to cave in. "As for the water, I am well aware of its adverse effects. I can venture out towards the surface to drink, but the water is... wrong. And the strange creature out there is... unnerving."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:53 am

"you seam thirsty i not have much water left but hear *takes a waterskin from his bag* its 3 days old but this one should be almost full"
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 am

after unhinging his old bowstring to use as a means of confinement for the orc, araiguna has his rapier in one hand, and the string in the other and runs as fast as he can toward the orc after the othoi
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 am

*Kezrithnka attempts to tackle the Orc and interrupt his chanting.*
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:55 am

Outside:
Kezrinthka, realizing she only has seconds, attempts to collide with him full force. Unfortunately his spell gets off and he vanishes instantly, and the Olthoi continues sprinting through thin air for a short ways before realizing he is gone.

In The Cave Topside:
The semi-circle has now begun humming and glowing quite visibly and audibly.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 am

Rory headed inside. He was kind of hungry, and the scant amount of food available at the village had left him with a hefty appetite. In contrast, he does not offer his water. In his mind, the villagers need it more than this...talking beast.

"The water is being polluted through magical means," he stated flatly. "Have you seen any of your captors use magic?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:56 am

Snarg cocks his head sideways. "Eh? Who's puttin' ya here for ya to do what now?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:57 am

*Blinking rappidly Kezrithka realizes she missed the orc.. she turns around looking. She gets the feeling that was Yellow Magic he just cast, but what she doesn't know*

Spoiler:
Z
Z

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:58 am

araiguna finially catching up and quite winded "CRAP!!! he got away... maybe he left traces of where he went or what he was doing"

Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:02 am

The Tusker responds in kind. To Tabran, he states simply, "Keep your water little one. While I appreciate the gesture, if I am not mistaken the poor village south of here has greater need of it. I have no doubt this horrid situation has robbed them of their much needed river of life."
To Rory he laughs faintly. "A human... did not think I would see one of your kind again. How did you get off the island I wonder? Ah but that can wait, come," he maneuvers with grace over towards what looks like a storehouse and opens it, revealing quite a bit of food, though no liquid. "Come, dig in, you must be hungry. Take what you need, I have no desire to see the others eat of it."
Finally he settled down on what looked like a chair he had pounded to fit his form straight from the rock with a thud that shook the entire cavern. "As for who put me here, that is an excellent question. They were Mages, without question, and powerful ones. They spent considerable time trying to defeat me without killing me. I managed to bring down several of their number but they were determined. Simple, bland cloaks of leather, nothing unique about them. All races... Orcs, Trolls, Banderlings, Elves," he waves dismissively. "Nothing I could think of to distinguish them. When they had brought me low, wounded and bruised, they told me I would be allowed to depart after they had finished using me. They placed me here, put the field upon me, and told me to take care of treasure hunters who might come for the treasure." He points towards a hallway leading towards a room that looks like it's glittering with treasure, even from here. "I have no interest in their treasure, but I know they are monitoring. Their Weavings are quite powerful, some of the strongest I have ever seen. No doubt your mere presence will cause them to send someone."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next