Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Establishment of The Exchange

+2
Kolson
Archengeia
6 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 2 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:09 pm

Where are the stairs in relation to the entrance?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

The Establishment of The Exchange - Page 2 Empty Re: The Establishment of The Exchange

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm

They are visible from said entrance, technically as part of a hallway bisecting the building, in between the large room and the northeast small room. The door is on the south wall.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm

What was the building used for before?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Selling furniture.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Yeah, I think I can work with this. I'll get the rental process rolling. I assume I don't owe the full 80 for this month?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 pm

You can pay the full 80 to start your rent on the 16th or pay pro-rated to start it on the first.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:26 pm

I'll go with the pro-rated. I prefer my bills at the beginning of the month. Razz
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 pm

That would be 37 gold then.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 am

Consider the landlord payed.

Current Actions:

1. Letter to sister Tia apologizing for not contacting her sooner. Let her know I'm staying at Van's place. Ask if her and the Squirt wouldn't like to get together for dinner either today or tomorrow.

2. Letter of expenses and rents so far sent to Oghren. Also asks if he knows anyone with secretary, organizational filing, or negotiation experience who would like a job in Passing Through, the new brokerage firm I am starting to cover for the Exchange Buying and Selling Office.

In fact, ask Oghren to help set that up. Also, does he know a lawyer who could help?

Agent Tasks:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 am

Tia's response letter arrives quite quickly, stating that she is busy tomorrow but is available on the 18th. She hopes you are doing well in the wake of recent announcements.

Oghren does not know anyone who can help you out employee wise, but does not mention the expenses so you assume he is fine with them.

There are no lawyers in this setting, because screw lawyers.

Leonic of Feathermoon has returned by the evening, far later then planned, with a large list of mundane items to be crafted of a less then legal nature which I will not bother to make right now, but nothing severe; things that have special taxes attached like custom alcohol or pipes for pipeweed, low-grade self-defense weapons and armor, a few mundane magical items to assist in appearance enhancements, that sort of thing, along with a list of who wishes these items. Leonic was unable to get a good price range for these items, as that is out of his field of expertise.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:49 am

1. Yes to Tia on the 18th.

2. Post Add looking for a secretary. Holding interviews at office address tommorrow between 9:00a and 1:00p as well as the day after at 10:00a to 2:00p.

Agent Tasks:

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed May 01, 2013 10:48 pm

::February 17th::

Van has had some success with his adverts for common, mundane workers and has garnered a few he believes will be helpful. Similarly, he prepares a resource report list for you, which is as follows.

Resources::

Rough Stone: 0
Smooth Stone: 0
Aesthetic Stone: 0

Common Gemstones: 0
Semiprecious Gemstones: 0
Precious Gemstones: 0

Common Lumber: 0
Construction Lumber: 0
High Quality Lumber: 0

Rough Leather: 0
Smooth Leather: 0
Armor-Grade Leather: 0

Common Metals: 0
Precious Metals: 0
Durable Metals: 0

Fungible Currency: 2000

Mundane Workers: 150
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed May 01, 2013 11:47 pm

Any chance I can price out those jobs myself? Or are Agents with the Mercantile skill the only ones that can do that?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 12:09 am

Any Agent with Mercantile can help but is unnecessary. Mundane workers can (and should) deal with most of these.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 02, 2013 12:28 am

Okay, I'll put them to work on that then. Is there some minimum or maximum I should know about?

Any correlation between more workers reducing time taken to complete the task?

If not I'll put 15 mundane people on that.

I'll also be at the office conducting interviews for my secretary. I'll also put Van on securing some furniture for it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 12:52 am

Yes, for the sake of my sanity there is a maximum number of Agents you can have. In fact you're already capped for QUITE a while. So fyi.

In general one worker works on one task. This is of course your CRAFTERS which I meant to add to your Resource list and will do so shortly.

You have 18 potential candidates for secretaries and quickly narrow them down to 3. The first is an attractive young Elf female named Noellene of Glaivestorm who takes great care with her appearance but isn't particularly competent. A teenage Gnome female named Mags of Thermaplug who is young, eager, and completely inexperienced. And a Dwarf male who freely admits that he will drink on the job but assures you it will not interfere with his work, and is an excellent judge of character and good with organization (and proves both to you).

Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 02, 2013 1:01 am

Oh, I see. I thought you meant mundane as a generic descriptor. Not mundane craftsmen.

So, who would I put on pricing then?

As for the secretary, I'll take the dwarf. What is he looking for as far as compensation goes?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

Updated Resources List:

Resources::

Rough Stone: 0
Smooth Stone: 0
Aesthetic Stone: 0

Common Gemstones: 0
Semiprecious Gemstones: 0
Precious Gemstones: 0

Common Lumber: 0
Construction Lumber: 0
High Quality Lumber: 0

Rough Leather: 0
Smooth Leather: 0
Armor-Grade Leather: 0

Common Metals: 0
Precious Metals: 0
Durable Metals: 0

Fungible Currency: 2000

Mundane Workers: 150
Craftsmen: 3000
ArchWeavers: 2

Pricing you can just assign some of your Mundanes to the static job of pricing or marketing or whatever you want to call it and they'll do that forever or until reassigned.

The Dwarf wants 2g per week (which is actually quite high for that post).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 02, 2013 1:15 am

I'll offer 1g per week. (Diplomacy +10 to haggle)

Alright then, 15 mundanes on pricing. That is now their jobs until I or my replacement say so.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 1:18 am

You fail at Haggling, really badly, and the Dwarf is now leaving.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 02, 2013 1:21 am

Meh, whatever. I'll hire the gnome then. I'll pay her 1g a week. She can take it or leave it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu May 02, 2013 2:08 am

Gnome is now hired on as a secretary. Van has found options in iron, wood, and plastic for your furniture.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 am

Wood will be fine. Just so long as it is comfy. I also invite my new secretary out to lunch. Either way, I'm getting some food before I go back to work. (My way of saying we'll continue later. I'm done for the night.)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun May 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Geranis, Ghilm, and Shatharia all return from the northern Bazaar with the following information.

The cities in the northern quadrant are readily selling the following supplies monthly. Do note that this is the maximum possible output, assuming one were interested in buying 100% of all goods that move through the North Holtburg Bazaar.

Marblebush: None normally, however recently selling ancient relics to the Order, roughly 3 Units per month
Wildeash: Foodstuffs (quite a large amount, over 80 Units worth per month)
Ritholme: None (suspiciously)
Deepborough: 10 Smooth Leather, 10 Armor-Grade Leather, 30 Rough Leather
Irondell: 30 Common Metal, 10 Durable Metal
Janwall: 10 High Quality Lumber, 30 Common Lumber (based on old numbers, no shipments for over a week now)
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun May 05, 2013 10:48 pm

Okay then, so we need to purchase supplies and set up a supply route. How is the pricing on the jobs coming along?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next