Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by K Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:18 pm

I'll take away the remark, if that's the problem, but he's still not going to press it. Like i said, it really isn't the time. He's just gonna bite it down and walk away in disgust.

And he's not "holding on" to anything, but he'd be an idiot to forget an event that marks down a person's traits like that, especially if it's an early impression, and Vahrran has been building quite an image in that department. He always wants to know what where when and why, and doesn't like no for an answer, and now that came his turn to be forthcoming, in a matter this grave under these circumstances, this is what he offers.

And Omi's a Lorrdian, but i'm not. And even if i was, all i have to read from is what you give me in text. And what i got from that last post seemed anything but apologetic, which even if it was, is not what my character is looking for. He wants to know why you executed a prisoner in cold blood just for the sake of creating a distraction when we had the battle practically won. It was a needless and wasteful move from his point of view, even ignoring the moral implications, and certainly not one to have been made unilaterally.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Rory Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Okay. I was trying to create something from nothing and it was doomed from the start. I'll go with your suggestion, hopefully we can steer it in a new direction.

Well nobody likes "no" for an answer. He had some difficulty relenting, but he did. I don't see how refraining from disclosing reasons for actions is similar to refusing to open up, especially when the circumstances around both of those things were also different.

I know. I'm pointing it out to make what I explained to you seem more reasonable for your character to notice, after I've explained it to you. And it's okay if Ominae wasn't interested in an apology, Vahrran only offered it because he thought Ominae was offended by a more shallow potential grievance.

Last edited by Rory on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Kid is all business when he's out on the field, Rory. At least, he tries to be.

Let's just put a band-aid on the issue and keep going, eh?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:43 am

Fine. We shall have delicious words later on the ship.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:09 pm

Getting close to the next session. Are we all agreed on just hurrying Aro Hanterim onto taking us where we need to go ahead of time? Preferably taking the tour's method of transportation we were using, if any.

If we encounter any resistance near the temple, we may need the liars to fast-talk the guards and have Korra, Jim and Ominae play the part of excited tourists. Ominae can just play along silently...me too, just not as a tourist.

Kolson, do I have time to scavenge vital parts from the surveillance machine, or should I stick to blasting it all apart because we're strapped for time?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 am

You guys are strapped for time so destroying the equipment is about the best you can do. You also have time to grab the weapons and 1 armor, but no more.

Total Loot: 1 grenade launcher, 4 Blaster Carbines, 4 blaster pistols (with holsters), 4 vibrodaggers (with sheaths), 8 smoke grenades, 3 detonite breaching charges with 3 timers, 4 bandoleers, 1 Fiber Armor, 4 smoke filtering goggles.

Grenade launcher:

I'll type out the info for the rest later.

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:36 am

Do we have time to check which armor is in best condition, or is it automatic?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:39 am

Probably the one that's the least sliced up or least riddled with energy holes.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:46 am

Didn't Jim score a headshot against one of them? Which reminds me, what about the sight apparatus the operatives were wearing? You know, those goggles that let them see through smoke.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:13 pm

They might still be operating on energy cells. That fiber armor might be what the guy who got headshot was wearing. It's found and used primarily on "worlds with no armor", so it might be the best we can get. Besides, it's sportin' a Reflex defense of 4, a Fortitude bonus of 1, and a maximum dexterity of 2, which works for any of us, really. Square speed is 6. Definitely Light Armor.

Unfortunately I don't think any of us has training with vibro weapons, and we can't just "train" with them on the ship, that's only used as an in-game explanation for feats gained at levels, vibro-weapon proficiency, for example. I think that counts as exotic, too.

CLAIMS

Smoke Grenade X2
Since I'm the stealthiest character, they would be handy if I ever got caught. Luckily I haven't so far. Dake can have two as well, and everyone else should have one.

Smoke Grenade X2(Korra and Jim)
Give the remaining two to Jim and Korra, I'm sure they'll will appreciate it and later not die.

Bandoleer X1
For the smoke grenades. Hell, I think one per each, they hold 12 .5kg slots.

Detonite Breaching Charge + Timer X1
Would be good for the sneaky type to have this on their person in case it's ever needed for a distraction, or part of a plan. My next purchase will involve a remote detonator and a backup.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 pm

I suggest that Ominae takes the light armor if he has the feat for it. It seems the obvious thing to do since he is a melee guy.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:54 pm

K wrote:Didn't Jim score a headshot against one of them? Which reminds me, what about the sight apparatus the operatives were wearing? You know, those goggles that let them see through smoke.

Yes, that's the armor. I also forgot to add the goggles so I'll add that to the list.

Rory wrote:Unfortunately I don't think any of us has training with vibro weapons, and we can't just "train" with them on the ship, that's only used as an in-game explanation for feats gained at levels, vibro-weapon proficiency, for example. I think that counts as exotic, too.

They are not exotic, that is something different in terms of game mechanics, but they do have their own proficiency which is Advanced Melee Weapons. And yes, you would have to take that feat at level up if you want training in their use. They can make for a nice melee option for nonlightsaber users, especially if you use a vibrobayonet on your rifle.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Thanks for being cool, guys. Kolson told me everything. Sleep well, K.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Sorry i had to leave while you were away after we'd agreed to stay, Rory. It was a really big day, and i really needed my wits about me.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:45 pm

We should do that stuff we were talking about doing.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:05 am

Don't worry, we will. I've just been a bit distracted playing Civ 5 with my brother. :p

I'll get the thread up tomorrow.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm not going to be able to game on Thursday. I have a job to do and I won't be in town. However, I'm liking the idea of roleplaying the transition stuff here in the forum. We can get it out of the way and frankly I roleplay better as a GM in the written form anyway.

Don't worry, this is temporary. We'll resume normal schedule next week.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:15 pm

Well we're waitin' on you, K, go ahead. Didn't read your spoilers.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/198/459/downloader.php

Last edited by Rory on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Just so it's clear, K's latest post contains 2 spoilers. Just so you know the second one is okay to read because it's not really out of character stuff and was mislabeled "PS" instead of "OOC."

For the record, unless I type a specific name in the spoiler anyone is allowed to read anything marked OOC. Please do the same in your posts where appropriate.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:35 pm

Go ahead K. I'm curious as how you are going to react to this.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:40 am

Sorry i screwed up the tags, guys, that post was edited a bunch of times. Kinda nervous about this next part; it's gonna be heavy.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:56 pm

Kolson Wezrae wrote:Aro nods, not quite landing the transition. He still comes off as nervous. "G-good idea. I'll report in and see about g-getting you some help. If you'll excuse me."

He turns and attempts to walk away.

Everyone:
I got 20.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4587108/
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:01 pm

22 (19+3)
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:19 am

Hey, remember those guys we beat up at Starforge? One of them said "My friend doesn't like you" and the other said "I don't like you either"? Did you get that from this, at 6 minutes in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1J7bPz2JNQ

Or am I just attaching some obscure reference that was never intended?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Natural 20 on my new dice I bought online.

And Rory, about that reference... here, that's where Kolson got it : https://youtu.be/DIzAaY2Jm-s?t=6m12s
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next