Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Zeiss Wed May 21, 2014 1:02 am

Oops, sorry. I completely forgot to post something. It's Pokemon Y's fault.

But it's now done.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Kolson Thu May 22, 2014 7:48 pm

Ugh, sorry everyone. I'm not feeling well today. When I got home from my dental appointment around noon, I decided to lay down for a bit. Fast forward 5 hours later and here we are. I should have posted something before sleeping to let you know we might not be playing today.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu May 22, 2014 7:54 pm

That's cool, man. Just recover.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 22, 2014 7:56 pm

Good, I'm relieved to see that your house didn't blow up or something.

See you!
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat May 31, 2014 7:42 am

Okay, I'm thinking: get micro-shield license, then get microshield, then browse legal upgrades for pistol. Unless they're all illegal. I don't think I'm well-liked enough for lawman to give me a pass on weapon mods.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat May 31, 2014 8:37 am

I'm thinking about stock options.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat May 31, 2014 7:30 pm

@Everyone Here's the Saga Index of stuff for those that don't have it. You'll need to download it from richterbelmont10. He's an old acquaintance from the now defunct WOTC Star Wars board so I know you can trust him.

http://thesagacontinues.createaforum.com/general-discussion/saga-index/

Let me know what you want, if anything, and we'll work out how much it costs.

@Rory The Microshield will run you 800 credits, licence application fee will be 20 credits and require a DC10 Knowledge (bureaucracy) roll. Please make that at your earliest convenience.

Just so you know, Harley can help you apply for and expedite the licencing process for an additional +2 to your check result and you'll need to renew the licence every year.

Another thing I should note is that whether or not you succeed on the check, a paper trail is created whenever you apply for a licence under your name. Keep that in mind if you wish to avoid Imperial scrutiny.

Legal Pistol Upgrades:

Weapons Only
The following upgrades can only applied to weapons.

Double Trigger:

Rangefinder:

Targeting Scope, Standard:

Targeting Scope, Low-Light:

Universal Upgrades
These upgrades can be applied to a variety of equipment including weapons and armor.

Cloaked:

Dual Gear:

Still not done. I'll add some more upgrades tomorrow.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 am

Well, I want that microshield. I'm going to create a fake name for the micro-shield license, and it's Mark Boseans. Pronunciation of the last word is meant to confuse any Empire dog who takes an interest in light of any high-profile activity I engage in. You can just say "Boh-Shawn" if you ever have to say it out loud. It is an anagram of Sabosen. "Mark" is a double entendre. If they need an address, they'll get that of an abandoned building in the Black Suns territory.

I shall make the DC now, and apply Harley's assistance: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4520935/

If it's possible for me to attach an upgrade at a later time with Mechanics, I could buy the Double Trigger now and take Careful Shot at my earliest convenience. Otherwise, the Micro-Shield and the license for it put me at 903C and that'll be the end of my purchases. If I can though, answer question at bottom of this post before I commit to the upgrade purchase.

Zeiss, you can handle the loot, the three vibroswords and three blaster pistols we recovered. In fact, because you have Illicit Dealings, I'd vote that you get to handle all the leftover, "we don't need this" loot and sell it yourself and divide the profit among us.

Quick question before you do that, Kolson, do any of those swords or pistols have any mods on them?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:40 am

The vibroswords and the blasters pistols have already been sold. Here's where our credits are at :

Dake : 2121
Vahrran : 2363
Ominae : 2237
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Were those numbers totaled after the money we got from the current job? I remember telling you I had 1723C, which I had totaled from receiving some money from...something we got. You got a leftover penny, I recall.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Yes, I added the pay we got from the job and the profits from the weapons I sold. That's what we have right now.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 pm

Alright, if you say so.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:39 pm

Unless Kolson secretly gave you some money last session and you didn't tell us? In this case, I would update your credits.

And K, since you left before I sold the weapons, you should add your share of the profits.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:05 pm

Got it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:40 am

Alright, I'll just stick with the micro shield and license purchase for now. No sense in buying something I don't have the proper training to use effectively.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 am

Rory wrote:Well, I want that microshield. I'm going to create a fake name for the micro-shield license, and it's Mark Boseans. Pronunciation of the last word is meant to confuse any Empire dog who takes an interest in light of any high-profile activity I engage in. You can just say "Boh-Shawn" if you ever have to say it out loud. It is an anagram of Sabosen. "Mark" is a double entendre. If they need an address, they'll get that of an abandoned building in the Black Suns territory.

Lol, noted.

Rory wrote:Alright, I'll just stick with the micro shield and license purchase for now. No sense in buying something I don't have the proper training to use effectively.

Makes sense to me. Just so you know, you can do your own installations with Mechanics checks. That said, it will usually be easier to let your gunsmith or whatever do the work as they'll often throw installation in for free short of custom orders.

Does anyone else want anything?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Hey Rory, did you think about paying that fee for the bounty hunters guild?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:54 am

Well, of all the stuff on that list, the few items i've got my eye on are the Jedi Battle Armor (assuming it doesn't give me any penalties) or the Stun Cloak, and maybe an Aural Amplifier, all of which are way beyond my price range. Also i'm guessing i won't be getting any Jedi related gear off any kind of store, even if the Republic was still on.

So i guess i'll save up for now. Maybe just a few essentials, like a couple Bacta Tanks, for emergencies.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Oh hey, yeah. I can still do that. You know what, sure. I've got 1543C, subtract the fee from that Kolson(1k, unless it's changed), and we can pick up a job after we finish up with...whatever it is we were doing. Then we can take a bounty and bust offa this rock.

er I mean don't subtract the fee. Just let me know if it's changed.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:05 pm

It's still 1k. That gets you membership in the guild and the possibility to get better jobs and accrue favor with the Guild.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:24 pm

Zeiss, why'd you have to suggest zombie caterpie for the sewer animal? I'm gonna make it my job to find another picture.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:44 am

K wrote:Well, of all the stuff on that list, the few items i've got my eye on are the Jedi Battle Armor (assuming it doesn't give me any penalties) or the Stun Cloak, and maybe an Aural Amplifier, all of which are way beyond my price range. Also i'm guessing i won't be getting any Jedi related gear off any kind of store, even if the Republic was still on.

So i guess i'll save up for now. Maybe just a few essentials, like a couple Bacta Tanks, for emergencies.

Sorry K, I don't know why I missed your post. To answer your questions:

Armor only gives penalties if you are not proficient in it. As to whether or not anyone would recognize it as a Jedi related item, that would depend on how educated they are in Jedi lore. I honestly wouldn't worry about it too much. Short of the odd duck like Jedi Master Rahm Kota, Jedi haven't really worn their own armor as an everyday thing since the New Sith Wars 1,000 years before the game. In other words, it isn't enough of a thing to be that big of a deal.

As to whether it is available, Jedi Battle Armor was constructed by the Jedi Order in limited amounts and was never mass produced. If you can find an old armor cache or a schematic for it, there is no reason you couldn't repair/construct your own set. If that's something you want to do, multiclass into Soldier and take the Armor Proficiency (light) feat and the talent Armored Defense. If you are eyeing the Medium armor, then you'll need to buy Armor Proficiency (medium) as well at level 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, or 18.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:15 am

Hmm... i'm both tempted and wary. On one hand, i've neither the advantage of range nor cover when it comes to combat, so being able to deal with being hit is a must. Deflecting works well, but is far from infallible, and i have to be careful where i use my abilities. On the other hand, as you pointed out, it's a bigger investment than just the money. I didn't find any multiclass drawbacks on the Jedi PDF (i'm wary, since it was a bad idea to do it as a monk, and i've never actually multiclassed), but i may have missed something.

Overall, i guess i could put my offense on hold for a while in order to invest in some survivability. I know i keep asking you to weigh in on my decisions, but is there something obvious i'm missing that might make this a bad idea?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:09 am

Multiclassing is not only easier in Saga than in 3.5 it's actively encouraged. Want to be good at armor? Take a level or three in Soldier. Want to be good at computer stuff? Scoundrel is where it's at. And etc. The only thing you need to keep in mind is when you want to enter a Prestige Class. Level 8 is the minimum for most prestige classes, so, for example, if you are shooting for Jedi Knight as quickly as possible, you should stick to the Jedi and Soldier classes for the foreseeable future (got to meet that Base Atk requirement of 7).

As for drawbacks? I'll give you the bullet points so you can make an informed decision. Just know, there really isn't a right or wrong answer here, only options.

Positives

1. Potentially higher Reflex Defense than characters without armor, assuming you take the Soldier talent Improved Armored Defense. That talent lets you add half of your armor to your Reflex Defense when wearing armor. You can acquire that talent with three levels of Soldier or with one level of Soldier and one level of Jedi Knight and it has a prereq of Armored Defense.

On a side note, this is of course, entirely optional. You can make a fully functional armor wearing character with only the one level dip into Soldier. I'd only say Improved Armored Defense is necessary if you are shooting for Medium armor.

2. Higher bonus to Fortitude Defense than non-armored characters. This will help you defend against some Force Powers, poison attacks, and, most importantly, will improve your Damage Threshold, which -may- keep you from being seriously injured during combat when you take damage. As you have seen, those penalties to skill checks, defenses, and attack rolls can be killer (looks pointedly at the second Imperial pilot that crashed into an asteroid and died.)

3. Armor opens you up to the wide world of armor upgrades. Off the top of my head, vacuum seals give you a hell of a lot of options when it comes to adventuring needs and will help you resist potentially hazardous planetary environments (like Mass Effect). Or you could add a jet pack. Or a flame thrower! As you can tell, I love me some armor upgrades.

Negatives

1. As you noticed, you would be trading potential offense for defense and utility.

2. There is also more than one way to skin a cat. For example, the Martial Arts line of feats is both an offensive and defensive investment and it doesn't require any multiclassing on your part (they are even Jedi bonus feats).
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 am

Weeeeelllllll, i'm thinking maybe take just the 1st level of Soldier for now, so i can do some light armor (we still got the damaged combat suit from that dude i sliced back on Coruscant, right?) and get that world of possibilities going, then stick to Jedi as much as i can. Then once i get a feel for the benefits, think about going medium.

Either way, still some time before we level, i'm guessing.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next