Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Zeiss Thu May 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Thank you Third. It's really appreciated.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 01, 2014 5:50 pm

Got it installed and so far everything is looking good, so Vent away.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

It's not working for me but I'm going to wait and try again.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 pm

We can't connect. I don't know why. If you could fix it, that would be great. Thanks again for what you have been doing so far.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Meanwhile, feel free to watch JonTron's review of Takeshi's Challlenge! Sore wa, saikō hinshitsudearu!
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu May 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Nevermind. It's working. Very Happy

Thank you Third.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu May 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Had a brief outage, sorry about that. Expert tip: remember to plug in your GPU fans.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 01, 2014 6:20 pm

Noted, lol. Thanks Third.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri May 02, 2014 7:34 am

I think we're waiting on you in the roleplay thread, K.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri May 02, 2014 4:25 pm

Fine, f*** it, I used the comm link. Every damn detail, I swear.
Actually no I can work with that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun May 04, 2014 6:38 am

May the 4th
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 08, 2014 3:28 am

So, good news and bad news time.

The good news? After being sick for most of the week I am finally feeling better.

The bad news? I basically have a half-sketched outline for the next adventure and somehow conquered half of the Three Kingdoms era China as Poo-Thistle Winterbum in the old PS2 game Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10.

So what does that mean? Unless you guys want to do a D&D one-shot or something we won't be having a game tomorrow. I'll leave it up to you guys.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 08, 2014 7:24 am

Nooo! Okay. That'll give you more time to plan and predict what we might do. GM Nirvana: maintain a healthy balance of symptoms between upset stomach and blood in your stool to achieve oneness with the space-time continuum of your players' campaign!

I sent you a message via Steam, but as long as I'm posting to remind you here, I might as well post that message here too. And expand on it.

I want to make a Social Sciences check +10 to determine how likely ordering an alternative alcoholic beverage would gain us favor with the Devaronian bartender for clean mugs and quality drink freshness.

Along with that, I'd like to make a Galactic Lore check +5 untrained to figure out which beverage we should order among the good stuff, with a co-optional Perception check +7(sorry if I said it was 8 before, it stuck to mind from an Acrobatics check) to learn what the other patrons are drinking and if possible, whether they chose from the quality beverages.

I want to take that stuff I learn in those checks and use the specific beer I ordered when I first ate at the restaurant as an example. For roleplay purposes, what was the name of that beer? The name of a local favorite would be preferable, either to the bar, the city, or Starforge as a whole.

I have a thing I'm going to say to try and be casual about it rather than direct, so hopefully I won't be held back by a "you must be this persuasive to probably not fail".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 08, 2014 9:34 am

No rolls needed. Basically a new bartender came on duty in an avowed human-hating bar, so you know for a fact this guy is just being a racist asshole.

To compare, the thoroughly average food and pretty good beer from your last visit arrived on clean plates and in clean cups with a set of clean utensils.

Your beer was an amber ale made by the We'anjan Brothers Brewery on the planet Corulag. It's well known for its light copper coloring and full bodied caramel flavor.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 08, 2014 11:31 am

I think you'll like the post. I'm trying to use my race to my advantage. After all, I'm not just any near-human, my species has a reputation, and a well-founded one at that in comparison to Humans.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon May 12, 2014 6:49 pm

So is there a spare mug nearby?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue May 13, 2014 5:35 pm

Just the dirty ones sitting on nearby tables waiting to be bused by the busser droid.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 15, 2014 5:11 am

I would like to make a Perception check against Dake Sken. Is he lying?
 +7
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Just letting you guys know I may be a little late today. It should be no more than 15 minutes. If I am, I'm sorry for the inconvenience but it couldn't be helped.

@Rory I'm not adjudicating rolls between player characters. Work it out with Zeiss.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu May 15, 2014 8:16 pm

Okay, we worked it out.

Zeiss, if you still need clarification, I thought that the authority cracking down on the company he worked for and the company itself were two separate entities, like a law enforcement/government agency and a privately owned company. If that's not what you meant, let me know and I'll probably change my post to a wrap-up.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri May 16, 2014 2:56 am

Since I have some time, I'm going to start posting up NPCs for reference. Seems like a thing to do.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 pm

I like it. I know Glitch's details are straightforward and serious, but they were funny to read.

I got my precious PC back tonight. If you guys are free tomorrow, we could try Saturday at the usual time, and go back to Thursday next week. Was doing just fine before, and I'm going back to the same equipment I'd been using, so I probably won't be interrupted as badly as yesterday.

When I said I wasn't free on Friday or Saturday I was trying to time it with a possible schedule for a job offer(I ended up not getting it, the place I was applying at were awfully inefficient in management, which I heard through the grape vine has since been replaced). So ignore that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat May 17, 2014 2:32 am

I'm really glad you laughed. Glitch was designed by Zeiss and myself--Mostly Zeiss, good job man!--to be both serious and funny.

Unfortunately, I already have plans tomorrow and won't be home. It was a grand idea though.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat May 17, 2014 9:30 am

Yeah, I liked the NPC descriptions too. It's nice to be able to put a face on them too.

Thank you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon May 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Rory wrote:Zeiss, if you still need clarification, I thought that the authority cracking down on the company he worked for and the company itself were two separate entities, like a law enforcement/government agency and a privately owned company. If that's not what you meant, let me know and I'll probably change my post to a wrap-up.
Still waitin' on that, man.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next