Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by K Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Feel better soon, Javan.

As for trick of mind, i'm pretty sure i can only trick one person. Preferably into thinking his commanding officer is a skimpy-clad Zeltron coming on to him, but still.

As for Harley's excuse, i guess you and Dake can roll knowledge on it, but i tremendously doubt the Black Sun Syndicate will just take a rogue element inside their base at it's word and just let it roam around.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Kolson Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Essoje wrote:Sadly, my respiratory system decided that coughing is a good way to do whatever it needs to do, you know the kind that you beg to god for it to stop, as an atheist, because it's that bad? Yup, this sucks hard.

So yeah, you guys have fun. I'll try to survive meanwhile.

That sucks man. I hope you feel better. Sad
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 pm

Great session everyone. It was a lot of fun.

BOOP!

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention it's time to level up to 2. If you guys stick with your current classes you will each receive a bonus feat chosen from the class list. I'll be posting a feat list in the Dawn of Defiance thread along with links to the Class Documents.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:26 am

Woo! Level up! So basically we can just follow the class list and use that as a level up guide. Are Force Points 5 + half of character level(rounded down)? And I don't think Force Points carry over from our previous level(s).

I should apologize. I wasn't on the ball tonight, I was under it. I've been up since 11pm yesterday and the only sleep I've had was an hour before we started, and I was hitting the soda. I apologize for needing a few things repeated, next time I'll be less isolated and more awake.

I think I've got a tendency to play irritable characters, but Vaahran is not supposed to be like that. I didn't slip up for the most part until the aftermath of the rat fight and the aftermath of the big chase. Also, considering how well I sized up the old man in the sewers, especially later when it was proven that he wasn't allied with the Black Sun and hated them just as much as any other civic citizen and sane person, Vaahran would have been more polite and given his name and former occupation.

If you want to name the mutant baby and make him your pet, you're welcome to, K. Even if he doesn't, Zeiss, I'm afraid Vaahran is not going to hand him over to Dake. He's not the type to let the distinction between smuggler and lawman blur due to circumstances forcing common ground.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:33 am

Oh and here, have a theme. I'd imagine this to be the overall mood during downtime on Coruscant. It's got some light and dark melodies.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:58 am

Why would I want to name and keep the thing? I'm an animal person and all, but i think you're the one it looks up to the most. I mean, i bear it no ill-will, or anything, and i can get along with most anything that's four-legged, but that thing has what, 8? That's just a bit outside my comfort zone. I can feed it every once in a while when you're too busy, but you're the one it's gonna sleep with.

BOOP
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:34 pm

That is correct Rory. Which reminds me, I should post level up instructions. I'll work on that and have them up either today or tomorrow. Sunday at the latest. It's not like we are in any major hurry or anything. :p
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Love how Third came in, like he was checking to see if we hadn't lost faith or something.

Yeah, we're still playing, Third. We're a DEFIANT bunch.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:24 pm

I love your custom talent trees, Kolson. They're definitely geared more towards situation and custom character builds than the generic stuff in my PDF download. I know I'll be aiming for Piercing Hit. I'm trying to gear Vaahran to be strategical in and out of combat, and choosing what would go best with him as a character from your lists is a thinking man's challenge.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm glad you like them Rory but I didn't create them. Those are the talent trees from the supplements. I just collected all of them into one class document.

Instructions are up in the Rules Thread. If you guys have any questions just ask.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know I won't be available on Thursday so we'll be picking the game back up next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:49 pm

I have a question. Do you factor in Kinetic Communication when rolling Perception/Deception against NPCs for Ominae?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:22 pm

Yes. The bonus varies by species so I haven't committed to any hard rules for it. Instead I use a set of general guidelines that I use in the moment for adjudication.

It hasn't come up a lot yet though. I imagine it will be more useful when I let you guys loose in StarForge Station.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:41 pm

We'll be playing on Thursday. Make sure you get your characters leveled up. If you have any questions or need help let me know.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:48 pm

It looks like we do quite a bit of gameplay but not a lot of roleplay. Do you guys wanna just set up threads for that? While we're there, K, how do you want to roleplay Ominae trying to cope with everything? Will he try to cope with things on his own, or will he try to find a mentor among the group, or look for advice on different subjects from each person?

What about the droid-to-organic interaction? Will there be any roleplay in understanding and reacting to droid behavior and perspective, and/or trying to understand droid perspective/behavior?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:51 pm

We could do some roleplay in the forums like we did with the Campfire threads back in Arch's campaign. It would be fun.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:06 am

It's a great time to do it with the downtime of light-speed and all. I'll participate as well if you guys want to do stuff with NPCs. So just let me know if that's a thing you are interested in.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:08 am

I'm not good enough a writer to write up the emotional breakdown of a kid who just survived the purge of nearly everyone he knew. If you've ever seen 24, Jack gives us a good demonstration of what that's like in the very final scene of Day 3. Ominae's may be a bit more on the shellshock/freakout side, since he's not a field operative with decades of experience (though he must have about one decade under his belt, so he knows to at least try and get a grip).

As for long term, he's more on the introverted side, so i don't think you'll see him try and seek help for it. You can try and get him to talk about it, if you want, but he'll resist. He won't be aggressive or anything, he'll likely just evade you, or try and be detached about it if you really make him give you an account of the events. If someone really pushes him on it, he might get irritated, but not to the point of being a dick.

His personality was a good bit more amiable before Order 66. He hasn't become a jerk or anything, just more detached, and kinda taciturn. At least until he clear the trauma and the grief out of his system.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:48 am

Zeiss, how often does Dake get the chance to meet a Jedi? Does he admire the Jedi Order, or have remote curiosity? You could ask him what life was like at the at the academy.

I want to make a Social/Life Sciences check to determine what Vahrran knows about how Humans tend to go through coping with stress, trauma, and loss. Kolson, you can tell me based on my results whether I know enough to familiarize(for all intents and purposes, from a Human perspective) with Human behavior in coping with such things, or if I'm just an alien on the outside looking in, if you pardon the expression. I imagine the check might be relatively low, because we're Heroic and whatnot.

Social Sciences(Xenobiology, Medicine), result is 17: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481312/
Life Sciences(Sociology, Psychology), result is 12: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4481313/
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:48 am

Good RP angle Rory. Here's your answer.

Vahrran completely understands the biology of human depression and trauma--hell, it's not that far off from Chiss--but as to how "alien" you want Vahrran to be that is completely up to you. I mean, he basically grew up among other species, I don't think they are really going to be that foreign to him given his genius level intellect and above average wisdom.

One thing to keep in mind is that this situation is further complicated by the fact the kid is Force Sensitive, meaning that unresolved trauma in Force Sensitives always carries the very real danger of them falling to the Dark Side. If Ominae were to go bat-shit insane, he could become a terrible threat to you, those you care about, and all those you are sworn to protect. Helping him through this difficult time isn't just a matter of saving his life, you could be saving yourself and many others as well.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:06 pm

Ok. Cool. Is there a medbay in this ship? If not, I'd like to assume we had Harley sterilize an unused room(or a room we cleared out) and designate it as the sick bay, where he treated the Filth Fever. I'm going to guess that we all have our own rooms(obviously Dake took the captain's quarters). In fact, if the ship is big enough, I'd like to see a layout, from an official blueprint image if it's available. Don't want you working too hard, y'know?

Does the ship have an intercom? This would be great for roleplay.

I think we can start a thread, and instead of sending quick replies, we'll click the "Post Reply" button to give each of our posts a title(in the "post title" input) specific to the roleplay, and have each subsequent reply by the intended recipient(s) be the same title with "RE:" as a suffix. That way, we can have multiple roleplay instances taking place in the same thread without anyone being confused or skimming to find the correct replies. The the title of the whole thread can be "Ship Converse" under the Quadrant subforum.

I'll go ahead and get that started to show you what I mean. If it's not necessary and you want to do it some other way, that's fine.

K, I'm opening up a roleplay thread. It's for you.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:30 pm

Rory wrote:Zeiss, how often does Dake get the chance to meet a Jedi? Does he admire the Jedi Order, or have remote curiosity?

Dake never met a Jedi. He heard about the Jedi Order, but never took much of an interest since he had to work from a young age for food and shelter. Tales of mysterious sorcerers tend to not be of a big priority when you're fighting everyday for your survival.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Yes, the ship does have an intercom.

Also, it's not official but this is the best deckplan of a functional Ghtroc 720 I've ever seen. Just know that Lorah has modified it over the years for her smuggler work.

http://deckplans.00sf.com/Ghtroc/720/Ghtroc_720.html#Top

As you can see there are multiple berths throughout the ship so individual rooms shouldn't be an issue.

Alterations:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm

I made a couple checks in the Converse thread, Kolson. Could you take a look at that?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:27 pm

No prob.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next