Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

5 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering Empty OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by Rory Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 pm

This is the out of character thread for the Dungeoneering subforum. If you've ever wanted to say something out of character but felt it would be awkward putting it in the in-game thread, this would be the place to put it. We most certainly have need of one now if we didn't before.

I feel like you guys may have some questions for me...who wants to start? Okay no it might be better if I start first, especially concerning the recent explosive results we've had with my previous attempt at Intimidation. So just let me try to explain what's going on here, just know it's fine.

Using his words to get what he wants as a nonviolent means is all Rory has short of storming the castle and breaking down the door to Sethos's private quarters, and he is not feeling particularly diplomatic. You don't have to worry about me getting slap-happy with the rent-a-cops, but I need to see what happens next in direct response to my behavior, because this is what Rory wants to do.

In addition, it should be apparent that there is a disconnect between Javan and Higaide's attitude and Rory's, so don't worry, everything will be okay.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering Empty Re: OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by Essoje Mon May 09, 2016 1:05 am

Nah, from the question side of things, it's cool. Whatever is making Rory act like that is clearly a thing and may be revealed later so I'm good for now.

Anyways, Rory's motives notwithstanding, both Javan and Higaide have seen (or heard in Javan's case) Rory being antagonistic to pretty much everything and everyone that doesn't agree with him right now, and early in that same day, he sent someone to the hospital because they said the wrong words and almost did the same with another person... Higs watched it firsthand too.

Rory triggered Javan and Higs' danger alarms that day, of course they'll try to stop him from going overboard before he has time to create more problems. That's the kind of people they are. The player can't do much to stop it as well, because that would be using OOC knowledge to make a decision, and I'd rather avoid that at all costs.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon May 09, 2016 11:20 am

What Javan said, i guess.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:05 am

Rory, we should tell Sethos about the guy with the missing jaw sooner than later.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:08 am

Alright, let me get my bearings straight before i post.

There are two Plantations - the one Sethos and his people are at right now, and a massive one where the Humans gathered to be carried off.

We're at the Sethos plantation right now, and it's here that the creepy fortified building is located. Correct?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Yes.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:26 pm

Oh, we should definitely also ask Sethos where that plantation is. Wouldn't want to lose sight of that between beating the hell out of the guards/being disruptive, and "ooh, shiny/sinister thingy".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:28 pm

Essoje, what Javan has been recommending that Rory do is exactly what he is doing.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Not really, Rory doesn't sounds sorry at all and is still insisting he's going ahead with it so... yeah, nope.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 pm

How Rory sounds is up to me. Why don't we let Arch tell me how he thinks I sound, so that we can clear this up if need be?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:59 pm

• Twitch
  • Sort of defending himself, apologizing without really saying he's sorry but acknowledging what he did was stupid and wrong. Other half, letting Sethos know that he's not going to give up what he set out to do. If Sethos was thinking of telling him to just leave, Rory's words are basically "save your breath"
  • 11:50 OOC Thread for Dungeoneering 1 Archengeia : At this point Sethos is just watching the party internecine conflict.

Does this help, Javan? My tone is what I said it is, and if you can't see it, that's not my problem.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:06 pm

I'd just as soon stay out of this, but it would be the first time in my life that i've seen the speaker dictate how he himself sounds, rather than being told by the listener.

It's kind of a primary rule in communication that if you're not making yourself clear, it kinda is your problem. If you care at all about being correctly understood, that is.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Yeah, K got it dead on as always. What you say and what you want to say are often different things, and Rory is not being clear about it, so what he sounds is the problem here. Being roundabout when trying to say sorry is always the worst way to do it.

At this point, I'm not changing my post because it makes no sense to do it, so from now on, it's up to Rory to clear up. And to Arch to have Sethos answer Javan.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:52 pm

Your comment about "speaker this, listener that" would matter if the speaker was dictating how he sounded. This is me making it clear to you what my character's tone and attitude are in the game. Last I checked, my character is not "me," and the author of a book very often does dictate how his characters sound when they talk, so the rule you are dragging up has no bearing unless I decide to start dictating how I sound, such as saying that I am not being indignant right now when I really am.

Yeah I suppose it would be important to formally apologize, but the tone in what he's saying - which is not something you hear in writing, unless you see it described - or in previous blocks of text do count and should be able to substitute if you can trust that the speaker is being sincere. It should be enough, in the moment anyway, for my character to sound like he feels sorry about what happened. I suppose if Sethos says needs to hear Rory say it, then he can use his words and say so, and then Rory will say it. Besides, the party is kinda on-edge(or just Rory, still valid).
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:08 pm

So why are we talking?

You make a "i don't like your post" post, Javan gives his reason, you say it's his problem, and you're sticking to it. Just what exactly is supposed to come out of this?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:24 pm

Fine. It's all In-Character then. I just thought Javan might want his post to better reflect how Rory is speaking if I cleared it up. He doesn't seem to think sounding sorry or feeling bad affects how his character feels about it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Uh... it was always in character if it's the characters talking, so only now I understand why you even posted about it.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:16 pm

If you can stick your spear straight down through that headless Lugian's gap where its neck should be, you'll probably hit something vital and debilitate(stun/paralyze) him or cause serious damage. Go ahead and Jump when combat starts, I'm about to Rage when I get my Sense Motive answer and start Initiative.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:17 pm

Nope, can't do it. The only spear I have right now is the Awesome Spear of Doom. Which might kill Javan deader if I try to use it, but can't really throw it away. I'll have to try something else.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Not yet. We can still try and turn Sethos to our side, and if he turns, so might his guards. We're talking about us 3 vs all of them, or possibly Sethos and the guards and us vs the Thing. So hold your fire until you're sure it's unavoidable.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:21 pm

I don't see any way we can convince it. I mean Sethos.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Ahahaha... man... did the guy just take a whole race as hostage or am I just reading it wrong?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:39 pm

It's staring you in the face. Sethos was so certain we were impostors, he was genuinely shocked when Javan told him something only Javan would know. Headless Bob there wouldn't have come out to tip him back to his side if he hadn't felt Sethos wavering. It's why i put in those two little tidbits about our common past at the end of my post. If he can be convinced we're at least who we say we are, and not being MC'ed we have a chance of getting him to come over to our side.

And we have a chance now, so long as we outweigh Headless Bob in convincing him.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:36 pm

He took a great deal of humans captive, yes. All my fault. Thankfully, my family is still alive in that drudge town, Aluvia is throwing our recruits at Naverre like breakable pots, and we still have maybe a few leftover humans who didn't board the ships. Beyond that, there are still a few who may have been rich enough to afford citizenship in Holtburg, and our own Exchange recruits who survived the skirmishes of the coup for the city. But a great deal, yes. Enough that we'll be endangered as a species.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:40 pm

Go nuts Rory. Screw safety, I'm wielding the Awesome Spear of Doom and going after this guy's ass.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next