Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

5 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

OOC Thread for Dungeoneering - Page 2 Empty Re: OOC Thread for Dungeoneering

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:53 pm

Guys, don't attack the guards until we know which side Sethos is on.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:56 pm

Whatever side he chooses, Higs and Rory should be able to do non-lethal on them if they insist on attacking us anyways.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Well, before I bother to Rage, one of you is going to have to convince me Headless is lying (probably Javan), which is going to require Charisma vs what Arch normally deems appropriate under the new system. If you would disclose that please, Arch.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:19 pm

He's killing Javan together with the Sclavi. What else you need?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Any convincing rolls would be opposed CHA.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:22 pm

Here's my point Rory: 2 HP left. Get your ass into battle.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Like, pretend he's some random Human guy badmouthing you in the street. Just don't aim for the jaw.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Funny, but I think I did you one better.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:54 pm

I loved how Rory got 'convinced', yeah.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:24 pm

Quick mention: I still have a slotted Counterattack materia, at 30%. If I'm able to slot it. I don't remember if that requires a weapon or just "blorp" into my arm or something.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Since Materia slots into one's soul, it does sort of just meld into you.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:31 pm

I apologize if my rampage switch-on dialogue sounds hammy, but I wanted to avoid verbal hostility towards the enemies this time.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:11 am

It's been such a long time that I don't think knowing at this point would matter, so I gotta ask. Remember those coins woven to act as trackers that we found in the treasure in the cave where we also met our first tusker? I asked him to throw the coins into that reedshark(or armordillo) nest. I forget which animal it was. Did that actually do anything?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:32 am

It irritated the unholy hell out of the people who were tracking the coins later, yes. Lots of swearing happened that day.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Yay! I feel so clever.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 pm

So we arrived at night if I remember correctly, so I'm assuming the time in the Day 7 thread is currently very early morning, still dark out, which probably means we will return to Ishiban in the afternoon. I think we left Ishiban in the afternoon to arrive at the plantation at night.

Boarding an airship. Can we do this? I think we can try.
Ideally we need to board as soon as possible before bothering to clean up the enemies. We'll have to fight our way to the bridge, beat up everyone there and close the cargo bay(or entrance to the ship), then deal with the rest of the people onboard and try to fly it.

The best way to get in close and surprise them before they have a chance to react is to get a ride on Thog. Javan, your White Scarves will ride up on horses (all of them, maybe two per horse), and Thog will carry you and time his arrival with theirs so that the Scarves aren't slaughtered when we need them most. Thog will race onto the ship and draw aggro while the Scarves board.

If possible, Thog(which is short for a super long name that he came up with on his own) will reach the bridge with you, then he will take one look at the controls with his amazing intellect and just guide you through everything you want to do with the ship. When we're flying, he'll help get rid of any enemies onboard while Scarves on the guns make sure no one is pursuing us. I can only lament that my character won't be part of this.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:59 pm

I think we probably should keep Thog as an final solution thing, in case Thog does not agree to it and does his own thing or they have a special Anti-Tusker Ray, or they have a Scion onboard or something silly-yet-dangerous. Also, we need it to be one person per horse for optimal speed. Yet another thing is I'd like to keep the death count to a minimal, just in case it IS indeed a big misunderstanding, since this is Arch's setting, where if something that looks evil might not be the case. Also, our characters are killers not murdered, remember?

Another thing to consider is because of the size of the ship, we should expect scanning abilities and since we just destroyed their metal giant guy, we should probably also expect heavy retaliation.

Some things we might get in the market before we go into the fray: Javan needs an extra spear or lance so we don't risk Awesome Spear of Doom's proc, we probably want mustard gas bombs, flash bangs and whatever consumables we can find that can disorient, slow down and/or disable superior numbers. We might not find what we need because this is not Holtburg, but we should try it none-the-less.

And Javan and Rory should rest at least 8 hours, so we get rid of the fatigue penalties.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Say we actually manage to actually somehow board a massive airborne vehicle that, if military grade, carries a scanning package that can literally tell how much air we're breathing, and the guns to pulverize us out of this planet to go with it, defeat all the opposition onboard, crew included, and somehow end up with an airship in working order when it's all said and done.

We are then counting on the superior intelligence of a Tusker, who only ever seems to wake up when we require him to do or endure violence, or otherwise need him to go back to sleep almost immediately, and somehow hope that, between the 3 of us, we can perform all the piloting, engineering and navigation on a ship that probably requires the coordinated operation of at least several dozen people just to stay afloat, let alone know where all the humans have been taken, and actually go there without being shot down by the rest of their fleet, who at such time would know one of their vessels had been compromised, and likely know exactly where to find it to blow it out of the sky.

I don't know, honestly.

Last edited by K on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Leadership IS still a thing by the way. It's a slight variance on how it is in 3.5, the general idea being you get your Leadership Score # of Elites, which are... kind of what they sound like, in terms of followers, and a much larger, less defined number of mundane followers (for example, Gwydo right now is running an entire company on two Elites, Snarg has like 3 running a platoon of soldiers, etc.). Leadership Score is Leadership Level + CHA Mod. Leadership Level is either raised by taking another Leadership feat (raising it by one) or doing leadershippy things so the GM grants you another level.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:31 pm

5 elites cap from the get go? Noice! I knew there was a reason why I raise my charisma using the bonus back when Javan got out of that cocoon.

Also, Higs raises a good point: we might want to find another way to JUST DO EET. What about we have a basic, skeletal plan ready that doesn't make use of extraneous ideas and play it mostly by ear? We lack enough information to make detailed plans anyways. Not to mention that we could also do this stealthily and use disguises for the human members and find Javan and Scarves another way into the ship, we might just have them bring us where we want to be without them knowing it...

Oh wait... sheit. Javan needs to run some tests with Higs, see if he can (or even should) find a way to dissipate the air energy Higs accumulated, because right now for all intents and purposes of a scanner, he's an awesome human-fairy hybrid.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:42 pm

Which is insane, considering all i did was get grabbed by the thing, get blasted with a bit of Air elemental energy then land the killing blow and be in the vicinity when it died. I mean, did Headless do that to every Human it grabbed, or just the Air affinity ones, of which i'm.... the.... only...... one.

Huh.

And yeah, Stealth. That's how i see us pulling this off. The ship will be at the big plantation one way or the other to pick up the stragglers and ferry them to where we want to go. And depending on how many there are, we can just blend into the crowd (though the tall Crystal Fairy in heavy armor may pose a bit of a challenge).

Last edited by K on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:45 pm

I believe this calls for a dun dun dun.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:59 pm

Did i ABSORB whatever was in that armor?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:26 pm

So! I'm going to go ahead and assume you guys successfully avoid immediate detection since you decided to zoom away (rightfully so). I'm going to go ahead and 'pause' events until you decide, ooc, a plan of action going forward.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:53 am

Okay. Here are my thoughts on all the points you've made.

Risk of mind control or Thog doing whatever he wants
First, me and Higaide are also susceptible to mind control. With two scions out there roaming about, we risk being mind-controlled everywhere we go. Second, I'm sick and tired of worrying about the dangers posed by bringing Thog out, such as discovery, property damage, etc. I'm almost starting to anticipate these things because of how little he gets to contribute. Let's not forget that Thog is completely separate from Rory, but he's still my character. For all (most) intents and purposes, I play Thog, so whether he likes our plan or not, he sees the merit in what we're trying to do and can get behind the passion driving us. He'll help. (fun fact: Thog is basically Arch if Arch decided to play Rory if Rory was a Fighter and wise+intelligent beyond his years).

I've been given a superpower and we've all repeatedly told me in the past to be miserly with its use. I'm busting this thing out of its cage and having some fun with it already.

death toll
I really don't want to take any chances if it hampers our ability to perform under pressure. If can think up a sufficient combination or plan of efficient ways to incapacitate the enemy, I'll go along with it. Otherwise, we should be prepared to kill people whom we could not have possibly known were innocent, and stop worrying about what can't be helped.

Fatigue rest
'Kay, but I believe time is a factor. The airship might not be there when we're ready if we take too long.

heavy retaliation + scanners
Yep, it's an airship. So what do we do about the scanners and artillery? With Thog, we have speed on our side. We can get in close before the artillery can be of any use.

Gotta get musterd bombs
Excellent point.

Tusker that seems to wake up when we need him to do something besides think.
I believe in him super hard.

Let's do stealth
I guess we could try that. And I will put my best effort into it, but I don't see us remaining incognito until the airship is no longer a problem. If the enemy really is evil like they probably are, it doesn't matter what they do. They have an airship. We have thousands of humans' lives to save - and not a whole lot of time to do that specifically when the time comes, now that I think of it. We have two options when dealing with it: blow it up, or steal it. Disabling it is only a temporary solution and might not give us all the time we need.. Blowing it up will eat the planet's crust and kill millions. Assuming we can't find out whether these people are genuinely caring and helpful by snooping around while blending in, the plan is to steal the airship.

Javan wrote:just in case it IS indeed a big misunderstanding, since this is Arch's setting, where if something that looks evil might not be the case.
If that is the case, I will be wondering what this has all been leading up to.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next