Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

+2
K
Kolson
6 posters

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Zeiss Sat May 09, 2015 11:15 pm

I think Kolson said it live on Ventrilo what was Dake's comforting presence: it's Lorah.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance OOC Thread

Post by Kolson Sun May 10, 2015 1:39 am

That's correct Zeiss. Just for fun Jim's was his children and Korra's was her parents.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun May 10, 2015 5:40 am

And you were gonna kill him? He's got kids!
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun May 10, 2015 6:10 am

What can I say? GM's are monsters.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 am

I'm happy with my character's background. Ex-slave friends, my superiors in law enforcement and a few former fellow officers can be like a second family to my elder relatives(whom I'm never allowed to visit again...sniff)
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri May 15, 2015 12:51 am

Update on Restart: While I missed my window this week due to bad time management I'm hoping to have new posts up on Monday or Tuesday. Thank you for your continued patience and may the Force be with you.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu May 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Update on Restart: I'm sorry, but we'll have to try for next week. I've been very busy and when I have had time I haven't felt very well. Thank you all for your continued patience.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat May 30, 2015 9:05 pm

There, got half the posts done. I'll see about getting up Zeiss' and K's later tonight.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun May 31, 2015 2:48 am

And there we go. Welcome back everyone. I hope you are as excited for this final act as I was writing it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun May 31, 2015 6:30 am

I'm so excited, i can only speak in hums.

K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:59 pm

To answer your question K, I don't have proficiency with blaster rifles and I'm not willing to "summon" anything else other than a jetpack. I'm guessing it will be a lot more difficult to keep it materialized if I summon something else.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 pm

There's no need to even hit a target with it, all we need is to convince the bad guys that enemy fire is coming from somewhere it isn't, lure them into a trap and BOOM. I can do it myself, if Kolson allows it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 pm

Yeah, I would feel more comfortable if if Higaide did it. He was trained in the Force after all.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 pm

I know not who this Higaide is.

Anyway, thinking about it like i'm not an idiot, maybe we don't need such a specialized tool after all. I'm sure there are any number of things we can use to make an effective lure that won't require a specific weapon proficiency that we don't have - if the thing even exists in the Old Republic Era, which i'm not 100% on.

Not that i know a lot of good decoys otherwise. Gotta think for a bit...

EDIT: Sometimes i'm dumber than a box of rocks. I have a frigging mind trick. Not that that'll be foolproof, but it's certainly a start. And i can run like the wind for a turn, if need be.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:00 am

You guys can summon any equipment, people, or vehicles you wish. I meant to make that clear in a followup post but this is as good a time as any to discuss it. Just be careful. The larger the object or complex the individual, the longer it takes you to will it into being and the more you stretch yourself out maintaining summoned things, the easier it might be for someone to unravel it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:20 am

Yeah, that's why i'd prefer to summond stuff as single-use and disposable and situational as possible.

Kolson, would it be possible to summon alterations in the terrain? Like, making a door to get through a wall or something?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:25 am

Yes. That is generally the easiest thing to do. The time it would take would depend on how much will is resisting your efforts. For example altering a lava landscape into an arboreal forest would be very difficult if the creator chose to make a stink about it but turning a random wall into a wall with a door is much easier, unless the person who created it happens to be focusing on that specific wall at that specific moment. Understand?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, i think so.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:28 am

All right, new posts are up for everyone.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:34 pm

Do i have time to customize the terrain a bit more?

Namely, i'd like to put in some walkways between rooftops, and see if i can't either rig one building's foundations with demolition charges or maybe line one room with rocket fuel canisters wired to some C4 or something.

Though i have a doubt either way: If a piece of equipment just lies dormant until the moment it's used (like a mine or a remote detonated charge), is it still just as susceptible to being manipulated by the other side as something you keep relying on?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:39 pm

K wrote:Do i have time to customize the terrain a bit more?

Namely, i'd like to put in some walkways between rooftops, and see if i can't either rig one building's foundations with demolition charges or maybe line one room with rocket fuel canisters wired to some C4 or something.

No. I just need an answer from Zeiss and then the battle will commence. However, there is nothing stopping you from doing such things after the battle has already started.

K wrote:Though i have a doubt either way: If a piece of equipment just lies dormant until the moment it's used (like a mine or a remote detonated charge), is it still just as susceptible to being manipulated by the other side as something you keep relying on?

That is correct, but only if the enemy detects the devices before they go off. They are still following the same rules that all of you are. In this specific case, it would be Perception vs. Stealth.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:45 pm

Double Post!

Before we begin, what's your game plan here K and Zeiss? Are you are going to stay with Old Ria and set up for an ambush or do you have something else in mind?

I'll be available to chat for the next 4 or 5 hours if you want to discuss it with me on Steam.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:10 am

The thought of a Kaiburr Crystal for my lightsaber temps me, though the risk of my primary weapon becoming useless at a critical time doesn't appeal.

Although, Dake, considering we can summon up anything we want, might i suggest this item for when things get really crowded? I'm guessing you and Korra would have the proficiency.

Some kind of blaster silencer would work wonders too, just giving out ideas.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 am

It would be useful K but that would be from the future game-wise. I'd have to think about allowing it or not.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:19 am

Ugh... i was afraid of that.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next