Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1-6-13 Post Session

+4
Zeiss
Rory
Snarg of Wildpaw
Archengeia
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1-6-13 Post Session - Page 2 Empty Re: 1-6-13 Post Session

Post by Archengeia Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:15 pm

No real change in difficulty.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Wait, I just realized we don't really need these items. If Fierneceal do her thing to all of us, it will be limited, but we'll be able to tell where we are too. -_-

So guys, let's go back to talking about the Heist while I think about something else to weave.

Edit : how remote is the manor from the rest of civilization? Would Hozj ask for the authorities to come to his manor if intruders were detected? Or would he instead take care of this problem himself?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:16 pm

The Manor is in the city borders, on one of the main streets, along with several other large houses in that section of town. 

As for whether he'd call for help, he would try to deal with it himself first, depending on how much of a threat he believed was present.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:32 pm

What makes you guys think that the assassins were associated with the food magnate? What makes you think they can Translate like Z? Bonebreaker said it himself, they are a rogue bloc(by now I would expect that he'd give us a title to identify them with)--by bloc standards I suppose--who probably didn't like the thought of us having any international influence. We should save the assumptions and throw that bloc name around a bit while doing Gather Info checks to see if anyone has any reaction to it, has anything to say about it, etc. Then we might know one way or the other.

Personally, I'm glad they attacked us for two simple reasons, one IC and one OOC. I don't think I have to explain what those are. Thank you for delivering, Arch.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 pm

First of all, I don't think these assassins are associated with Hozjk, neither have we suggested they were. And we know the three assassins we captured can translate because they were Desolates and translated away just before our eyes. We also don't know who they are. We have zero info on them.

The only thing we have is the roll of Knowledge Politics I made. I know there is a new group in Sho territory that appeared a few years ago and that's it. We don't know what their agenda is. So we don't have a name for them that we can throw around.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:42 pm

Oh, hm. Did I see them do that? I'm Human. Was the concept of "Translation" and its direct relation to Desolates explained to me?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Let's "retcon" something and say that I explained to you what a Desolate was when Javan discovered that's what they were.

And I lied. We have another info on them and it is that they translated to the peninsula east of Show. Thank you tracking device.

Now, I haven't forgotten about the Heist. I'm trying to figure out a way to use the Gather Information skill without being considered rude by the local populace. *shakes head* My brain hurts.

EDIT : Oh, and I am going to ask Z in private how many times she can translate per day.

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:55 pm

Fun question.  How many people know Serpent?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:52 pm

Well, I ought to be familiar with it, as I had to spend the better part of a month here living with the...locals. Would you allow me to be able to translate Serpent to English? A month is too short a time to master it, so maybe speak it on a basic level, enough to tell someone what I heard or reply in Common. Also, possibly read and understand the written language typically found on public signs and legal papers.

I would promptly wonder out loud. "Desolate assassins...hmm...I think we know who's really behind 'all this' now."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:50 am

Archengeia wrote:Fun question.  How many people know Serpent?
Not I.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:47 am

Nor does Javan.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:50 pm

I do know Serpent.

During the boat trip I'll explain some common phrases and such in Serpent that everyone should know. Since it's only a few days it'll be very basic, but at least everyone should be able to ask for help, say hello, say goodbye, introduce themselves, etc. We'll also go over Sho 'manners' and customs so there's a basic understanding of what's expected there. In addition, if we have time and it's possible, I'd also like to try and confer the perception advantage on the assassins to the group by teaching them what I found out.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Well, since I already know Serpent and the Sho's customs (because of my knowledge politics), I won't participate in this little meeting except for the part where Snarg talks about the assassins. I will instead practice my stealth (+22) and explore the ship. If the crew discovers me, I'll tell them the truth : this is practice for something (use Diplomacy +21). I will also practice my deftness (+14) on the members of the party and if I get something from them, I will immediately give it back, even if they do not discover me, then explain that I am practising for the Heist. Except for the Leycite and the farming knowledge sphere. If I do get these two artifacts without being caught on the act, I will wait until we the party are alone and show the items, explaining it would be safer if I was the one holding it. I would then let Snarg take the decision about who should guard them. If I remember correctly, these artifacts are in Kolson's possession (we told him to take care of it when the Directorate airship showed up and use the Exit materia if necessary). I will NOT be stealing from the crew.

I suppose Arch didn't see the edit in my last post (my fault). Going to ask Z how many times she can translate per day. Depending on her answer, here's a plan.

Some of us, Z included, go visit Hozjk under a pretense to scout the perimeter. Z can then translate into the manor later. We also should try to Gather Information in conjunction with Diplomacy to make sure people don't shoo us away. The next phase of the plan may change depending on what we learn, but here's what I have in mind.

Stealth team enters the manor with Z's translation ability, probably at night. We search for the key, wherever it is then get out of there by translating. The Diversion team stands outside, ready to take the heat off of us if need be. That's the gist of it. Many details will depend on what we learn when we get on place. If we can't get an audience with Hozjk, making it probably impossible for Z to enter the manor, the Stealth team gets in by hiding with the supplies the manor receives regularly. 

Now, the plan would be much more smooth if there was at least one member of the stealth team that can mind link with Fierneceal (hence why I asked her to do her thing to me). It is my opinion that I should be the one to go through this transformation first. After all, I am the thief (or was one). But for in-character reasons, Zeiss won't protest if Fierneceal refuses to do so (neither will I, the player).

I also wonder how many people here have put skill points in stealth...
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:00 pm

Response from Z, in character.

Z leans against the rail face to the ocean as you press your query. She stares off at the distant horizon, face blank and impassive, giving no signs that she is listening nor cares. You know she knows you are there, she nodded at you in greeting as you approached.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Hmm...

Usually, I would try to do some roleplay with her. Can I try to do that if it isn't too much trouble with you Arch? Or is it the final answer she will give me? If that's the case, I will put Rainbow on her shoulder so that she can try to console her and leave. Because to me, it looks like she's depressed.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:11 pm

She says you can roleplay.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:13 pm

I will do this in PMs to avoid derailing this thread.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:55 am

Just waiting on results of that before 'talking' to Zeiss.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:57 am

I have 5 ranks in stealth for a total score of +8. Apparently it's one of the Pugilist's class skills, Hide and Move Silently are listed. I think I will have to do some math with my skill points to adjust my next level-up allotment and pay more attention from that point onward.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:11 am

A good idea. Stealth is very useful, especially to warriors that hit hard like Rory does.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:48 pm

Arch, strike the part about Zeiss trying to get the Leycite and the farming knowledge sphere. I thought long and hard about this and I feel this isn't worth it. I will do something else instead. See the Campfire subforum for more info.

As for the Heist's plan... any opinion on the ideas I proposed? Or maybe one of you had something different in mind? I'm just kind of lost at the lack of replies. Unless you guys are busy with real life, which I can only understand very well.

If that's the case, excuse me if I seem pushy. This wasn't my intention.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:46 pm

I'll respond in length once I've thought about it. Been putting off heist plans this week because of other stuff going on. I will say that my initial thoughts wasn't really a stealth mission unless they're really weak to that method. We have more people who can talk and are better at it than stealth. We will know more about it once we actually have plans for the place and can case it.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down