Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign

+2
Essoje
Kolson
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign Empty Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign

Post by Kolson Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:29 am

Now that Mondays are free I was wondering if maybe 4 or 5 of you guys would be interested in playing a short campaign. My thinking with this is getting the newer players some more experience in a tabletop environment. As such, they would get priority over the vets.

I'm just going to throw out some settings and games and a short idea of what you guys will be doing. You guys let me know if you are interested at all and in what. Suggestions of settings and ideas are more than welcome but I won't make any promises lightly. I'm trying to minimize work on my part so I don't get burned out again and so that this doesn't take away from my job search.

D&D 4E:

Star Wars Saga:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign Empty Re: Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign

Post by Essoje Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:06 pm

Sorry man. Truth be told, I'm not into Star Wars Anything or D&D 4E, so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to play either, although the idea of having a small campaign on that time slot is something I agree with.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign Empty Re: Gauging Interest in a Short Campaign

Post by Zeiss Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:15 pm

While I would like to play a Star Wars short campaign, I can't play any Monday sessions for now. Since Arch announced that he would stop his campaign for now, I decided to use this time for my karate lessons, at least for the next few months. Shame.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:04 pm

I'd be interested in 4E. I wouldn't mind Star Wars either, but it'll have to be Fringe.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 am

Thanks for the consideration guys. Smile

Okay, that's one so far. Any other takers?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Possibly if it was on a different day. Kind of blocked that night off for a bit.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm willing to discuss a different day if we get anymore interest. If it comes down to it I can run any of those with 3 players. Maybe 2 if you guys are willing to have a few allies you control during the fights.

We'll see.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:08 pm

I'm free any time between 5pm-1am CST on any day of the week. I would like to be sure we don't make it a Fri. or Sat. night thing, though.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:29 pm

No problem Rory, I also have commitments on those days. I was thinking more Wednesday or Thursday.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:59 am

I would be available almost every Thursday. I can't Wednesday though (karate lessons).
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:54 am

Any opinions Third? It looks like Thursday and Star Wars so far.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:38 am

What time range were you thinking or running on Thursday? I think I could do it on that day.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:35 pm

Gwydo, K, you guys interested?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:52 pm

I'd prefer our usual time if that's alright with everyone (3 Pacific, 6 Eastern). It gives me enough time to do errands and things before the session.

Just an fyi but I'll be aiming for each session to be about 4 hours, maybe a little more depending on what we are doing.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Star Wars does intrigue me...
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 pm

The game takes place some 2 months after the movie Revenge of the Sith. The New Order is still rising and Darth Vader, the 501st, and Imperial Intelligence are still in the nascent stages of the Great Jedi Purge. Oppression and tyranny are at an all time high.

More importantly people are now trying to organize to resist all that which leaves a great opening for heroes, which are you guys. Interested K?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 pm

I prefer this period to the Clone Wars. Razz

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Heh, I've only run the Clone Wars one once. It's my fallback for groups that just want to kick ass.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 am

It does sound interesting. What version would we be playing?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:36 pm

FATE, I think. I really wanna start creating a character. My fingers are screaming "TYPE!" at me.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 am

I thought about using FATE for this but I decided to go with Star Wars Saga instead. It's the last WotC d20 version of the game so some of your D&D skills will carry over. I'm currently working on some reference/rules documents so you can make your own characters and have an idea of how the game works. I hope to have it done some time this week but we'll see.

In the meantime, keep the following guidelines in mind as you think about your characters.

The following species will be accepted no questions asked.

Acceptable PC Species:

Anything not on the list has to have permission from me.

Note: For information on these species and their homeworlds use Wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Game Assumptions

1. Your character hates the Empire.
2. You are either actively looking to strike back at them or wouldn't say no if the opportunity arose.
3. You know at least one other member of the party.
4. That you know a thing or two about combat both on planet and in space. In true Star Wars fashion you guys will eventually have your own illegally modified ship and may be called upon to drive/fly other vehicles. Keep this in mind both here and when you are building/playing your character in the game.

If I think of anything else I'll let you guys know. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:53 am

Looks like I'll need another week to work on game preparations. My goal of you guys making your own characters is a lot of work but I think it will ultimately be worth it. So thank you for your patience. Very Happy
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:40 am

I'm a Chiss, callin' it. I'm gonna make the first Chiss character of us joining.

Full Name(Family, Root, Occupation)
Qek'Aathran'Sabosen

Preferred Name
Aathran

Prison guard for an independent planet's orbital correctional facility, recently joined with 2 years of service under the belt as a peace officer, mainly security duty and some patrols. Active correctional officer for another two years afterward. Planetary judiciary and executive systems are stringent, being rich doesn't get you/someone out of jail if you/he/she commit a cold murder or other severe violent crime.

1. Yes he does.
2. If presented with the opportunity to hit them and hit them very hard and fast, yes. Where it goes from there is an open-ended puzzle.
3. You'll know me if your character's ever spent jail time out in the Fringe. Maybe I caught you, or did a prisoner exchange. That will be a tenuous relationship for the perp. Alternatively, maybe you're the regular pilot I worked with while subbing for your copilot.
4. I've been a stand-in copilot for several weeks after the first year as a correctional officer, only to go back to my rotation. Sometimes I participated in crowd control during prison riots or subdued inmates(what prison guard doesn't do either of those?), and on a few occasions it did get as far as space combat(we had a really bad jail break once). I have no thoughts one way or the other when it comes to being #1 in the cockpit or manning a gun.

It's not part of my background or starting build, but I would like to discover a passable talent for the Force with this PC.

Last edited by Rory on Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:46 am

That is very doable Rory. Starting with a Wisdom of 13 and a Charisma of 10-12 (both after racial adjustments, if any) will give you a passable talent for the Force. Just remember to take Force Sensitivity as your Level 1 Character Feat.

Force Sensitivity Feat:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:08 pm

I honestly do NOT do it on purpose to play characters with some kind of spiritual inclination, but one thing i've always fantasized about ever since watching ep3 (maybe even before that) was what would have happened to one of those little padawan kids if they happened to have survived order 66.

Doable?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next