Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dake, Korra, and Ominae

3 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Dake, Korra, and Ominae - Page 5 Empty Re: Dake, Korra, and Ominae

Post by K Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:12 pm

"Locked. Sigh... Korra, 86, I'm gonna summon up a passcode. Gimme a hand, will ya?"

If we manage to create it without incident, Ominae is gonna glance at 86 and ask - "I've never been inside. Place is not booby-trapped too, is it?"
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:53 am

"Of course," says Korra. 86 and her take up position around you and the three of you change the pass code allow entry. Including this current action, it will take you 2 more rounds of doing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You begin summoning up a rangefinder, which when completed will allow you to shoot into short range with no penalty. After doing some rolls, you are looking at 4 rounds of nothing but this so enjoy the show I guess.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:56 am

Dake enjoys the show. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:06 am

Two rounds later...

K, you have succeeded in summoning up a code cylinder that will open the door and do so easily. Inside you find a comfortably furnished living room. There is big cushy couch, an old recliner, a coffee table, a holovid, several plants on stands, and a small galley kitchen. Two doors lead into a small laundry room and the bedroom respectively. The bedroom has a bed with a stiff mattress, various clothes drawers, some movie prints, a few more plants, a bathroom, and finally his weapon locker. This one has a bio reader and would require Onito's DNA, likely from him breathing on the sensor.

What do you do?

--------------------------------------------------

The sounds and screeches of marching droids can be heard echoing up the street from the west heading towards your position. The occasional shouted call indicates the presence of organic foes, but no matter how hard you wrack your brain Dake you can't identify what language they are speaking. It's a harsh, guttural sound, originating in the back of their throats, giving it a breathy almost whispery cadence. It won't be long now.

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:17 am

Kolson, i'm a bit rusty on the mechanics of asking the Force for guidance; specifically, if it uses up action time i could be using doing something else.

If it won't take up that time, i'll sense for whether they know our position, and roughly how long before they're on us. Otherwise, i'll just follow my gut as a player.

I assume i shut the door when we came in. If not, i'll do it now. After, i'll get the party to the most secluded part of the flat (that won't put us at a tactical disadvantage (as in, fish in a barrel) if we're spotted) i can find in short order, and ask them to help me create a spray vial with Onito's breath (if that's possible) and try for that weapons locker, then reinforce the communicators as planned. I'll do the quickest action first.

IF the force happens to say It's ok, dude, they have not a clue where you are right now, i'll also proceed to create one of those drones (though i'm not counting on it, at this point).
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:30 am

Hey man, no problem. The "Search Your Feelings" aspect of the Use the Force skill is a full-round action and requires a DC 15 UtF check. If you have notes, I suggest adding that info to them for future reference though I honestly don't mind reminding you so long as you don't need the refresher too often. And yes you did shut the door behind you.

A spray vial full of the breath is possible. Hell, you could summon the head and torso of the guy and have it breathe on the lock if you wanted to (Gross!). Either way, it will take one of you 30 seconds which is 5 rounds. You can reduce this time by 1 round per two additional people helping.

One recon droid will take you 2 minutes and 25 seconds without help, which roughly translates to 24 rounds. Each person that helps you reduces the time by 25 seconds or 4 rounds.

What would you like to do now that you have better information?

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:48 am

Thanks. Ok then; as per the paragraph, i'll move the team to a spot that won't get us immediately exposed if someone happens to bust through the door, then get to work on the breath spray thing. Once everyone's armed and dangerous, we'll do the communicators, since i think that's the very bare minimum preparation we should get done.

After that, if it's not obvious that the enemy is breathing down our necks yet, Search my Feelings for their proximity and whether they're on to us. Then based on that, i'll decide how good or bad an idea it is to spend more time on the drone.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:35 am

Sounds like a plan then.

With the help of Korra, 86, and Young Ria, who insists she can help too though OOC she can't this time because of the limitations of this task, Ominae begins making a spray can of Onito's breath. With all of you working together, it will take 4 rounds to complete. I'll let you know when it's done or if anything changes in your vicinity that might require a course change on your part.

On a side note this is exciting. The way I have this set up even I don't know what's going to happen. I'm over here crossing my fingers for you guys.

In the interest of full disclosure I fixed an error in my previous post. I erroneously put that each person reduced the time on the recon droid by 5 rounds. It's actually 4. Sorry about that.

-------------------------------------------------

Dake spends this round finishing his range finder. As such, he gets to witness the arrival of their enemy.

As two more wings of fighters wiz by overhead (that's three wings of two fighters each for a total of 6 enemy fighters so far), the slowly increasing heavy, screeching sounds of droids on pavement can be heard from the west. It is Dake that spots them first. Marching 3 abreast with no end in sight, the column of droids marches forward. Interspersed with their number are red skinned humanoids in gold armor, wielding melee weapons made of a strange blue crystal.  

Droids and Soldiers:

When they spot Granny meditating in the middle of the street, they become very animated, yelling loudly in their guttural language. That's when the droids open fire. They begin pouring massive amounts of blaster fire onto Granny's position, blowing holes into the surrounding street and buildings. The whump and the concusive explosions of blaster fire begin vibrating up and through the party's building.  

Wasting no time, the Jedi Master springs to her feet, ignites her green-bladed lightsaber, and begins running towards the droids while deflecting the blaster bolts at a furious pace. Her lightsaber is a blur of action, moving so fast that Dake can't follow the motions. She cuts into a droid, first taking its arm and then its head, using the falling body for cover before deflecting one of the shots back into the crowd, killing one of the warriors.

The droids and warriors continue to close in on her...

Round 5 summary:

Round 6 Initiative:

Squad Tutorial:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:04 am

Dake gives a peek at the army crawling below him, then returns his attention on the range finder he is summoning.

"Great. That's just great. I take a little job, nothing unusual, just get past the usual military blockade, then I get stuck in a dream where I have to fight red freaks and antiquities on four legs. And I'm not even going to get a bonus for all my efforts. That's great."

Once he has the range finder, he installs it on his heavy blaster pistol, stands up and throws a smoke grenade at the warrior squad. Behind cover, he gets ready to shoot at the three droids in the front.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:57 am

The smoke grenade lands perfectly, bouncing off the chest piece of one of the Massassai Warriors before exploding at his feet. The entire squad is now blanketed in the smoke, and they start coughing as they begin slowly suffocating.

Granny cuts into another droid, putting it down for good before Redirecting blaster fire into three other droids. She stays on the move, flipping over another droid just as it began to fire at her, sending its shots into the droid behind her and turning it into swiss cheese. The Warriors swarm her possition, the two smaller ones attempting to attack her with the Force. She catches a barrage of Force Lightning on her sword, as she corkscrews out of the way of dead dread thrown by another. She catches the droid with the Force, hurling it back at the warrior who sent it crushing the man against the side of the building. She then barely dodges or parry's several strikes from the remaining warriors.

Round 6 Summary:

Round 7 Initiative:

At the beginning of Round 7, the smoke moves closer to Granny, enveloping Massassi Warrior Squad 1 and Kissai Warrior 2 completely and part of War Droid Squad 2.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:55 am

OOC:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:54 pm

With his smoke filtering goggles, Dake can see the enemies below him without any difficulty. He takes a second to judge the distance of his targets, then throws a frag grenade at them.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down