Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dake, Korra, and Ominae

3 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dake, Korra, and Ominae - Page 3 Empty Re: Dake, Korra, and Ominae

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:29 am

"I'm looking forward to it. Now, let's go see what the grown-ups are talking about."

Dake takes Ria's hand and starts floating towards the rest of the party.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:52 am

Ominae, focusing back on the here and now...

"From what i gather, you have a degree of clairvoyance orders of magnitude greater than anything ever recorded in Jedi history."

A thought crosses his mind of a certain library nerd friend of his, and that she might've mentioned if there had ever been anything like this in the archives, for the shock value alone. He shakes off the ensuing gut-wrenching worry as he hammers into himself that what he must do now comes first.

"When you were a kid, it could spiral out of control and seriously damage your psyche by just meditating. I don't know how much of this is accurate, but from a... vision i had, Master Yoda himself had trouble holding back the sheer force of it. From what i've seen in this Temple, you can also make it influence other people's minds. I had to claw at my arm to be able to snap out of one of those when we got here. You also seem to be able to manifest them in three-dimensional space somehow, and from what you just told me, you can see far into the future and the past, in pretty good detail."

He takes a breath.

"What really troubles me though, is the Emperor's interest. The reason seems obvious enough, it would be pretty much the ultimate weapon for his Sith Lord to handle."

("Unless he himself is the Sith Lord...") - he thinks, not putting anything past Palpatine at this point.

"They seem to have anticipated our efforts to rescue you, pretty much before they even started, and have been trying to herd us to find you for them ever since we got here, even as they have enough firepower in orbit to do a Base-Delta-Zero on this planet within a couple of hours."

He gathers his thoughts for just another second.

"It'll be hard getting out. And i'm worried about what they'll do to this place once their business here is finished. I don't think they'll want any witnesses."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:08 am

Dake and Young Ria, hand in hand, join the conversation.

"Well I have some skill in that area. Not sure I'd call myself the most powerful ever." Old Ria is embarrassed by the praise. "Putting aside the issue of the Sith for now the illusions are not my doing. Where did you get that idea from?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:25 am

Dake looks at old Ria and says:

"Probably because you're the only Force-user we've met so far. Sorry to cut in. I really need to know something tough: how do you know me and Lorah? I'm pretty sure I would remember you. You're so motherly."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:27 am

"A perfectly sensible observation and question," Ria answers with a nod, not minding the interruption in the least. "From my point of view both of you have been dear friends to me for many years. You, Lorah, Ominae, Leia, Vahrran, Esha, Warner, Glitch, Harley, and many, many others. We've had many adventures and saved the galaxy too many times to count. But that's not really what you are asking is it?"

The old woman folds her legs up under her, assuming the Lotus Position. It makes for a funny image to see her floating there in such a way but she seems more comfortable than she was. "Time doesn't mean the same thing to me that it does for other people. When I first started my training I could indeed see the past and future, like an infinite line stretching out to either horizon. I could pluck knowledge from this line as one might pluck an apple from a tree--the universe held no secrets from me.

But I worked hard and as I mastered my abilities, I came to change my mind. Time is not a linear series of steps from past to present to future. In the end we stand tall projecting many shadows, many futures. So in that sense, you could say I am one of the shadows that I, Ria, might become. Or might never. Or whatever. My current predicament didn't happen in my experience, and the question of how it will turn out I feel is up to you. Yes, all of you.

Anyway Dake, it may not be a perfect answer, but it is my answer, and I hope you understood it a little."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:39 am

"Yes, I think I understand what you mean... kind of..."

Dake takes a moment to digest that information, but suddenly asks, excited:

"Wait, do you know where my ship is!? The White Ghost."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:34 pm

"I may have seen one other such Shadow of you roaming about. She's scared, and ran away from us when we broke her spell. Is she connected to what we need to do to help you?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:15 pm

The old woman shuts her eyes and enters a deep trance. A profound feeling of peace permeates the area as she touches the Force. Ominae and Korrah feel a great power touch their minds, a gentle gesture before it is lost a moment later. You have felt this sensation before when experiencing a powerful seer do their thing but never on this level. When Old Ria speaks again, it's as if from a great distance. "She is currently on Correllia on a job for Darga the Hutt. How it will turn out or where she will end up next I cannot say."

Zeiss:

A few moments pass while Old Ria recovers from her vision before she can answer Ominae's question. "Hard to say Ominae. So long as I remain in this state, in this Dream, both the past and the future become one with the present. As you know the future is always in flux but that means that many versions of myself inhabit this land. We fight and die and hide and cower, trying to survive or fight or join what is happening to Ria, to us.

But visions of the past are over and done with. They do not change and have little power on their own. That is part of why I am here, with her."
She indicates Young Ria. "So long as I keep her safe The Dreamer can't completely merge with my body or spirit."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:36 pm

Upon learning where the White Ghost is, Dake starts to dance happily with young Ria.

"Did you hear that? Corellia! My ship is on Corellia! That's the best thing I've heard since we've come down on this planet!"

He keeps dancing.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:57 pm

Ominae is somehow stunned at hearing such a clear and precise answer. He was not used to this, but now he can't help but look at the fountain of knowledge in front of him and... just ask.

"Ria..." - he takes a step forward, hesitating - "My mom and sister... i haven't seen them in years. And after the Temple, i don't know what happened to Scout. I know Starstone was on Murkhana, but..." - he has to stop himself from trembling - "Could you... can you tell me what happened to them? Are they---"

He can't bring himself to finish the sentence, but looks at Ria with what is sure to be a serious case of having his heart pounding in his throat.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:36 am

Young Ria looks confused as she gets forced into dancing. She clearly doesn't dance but her natural grace at least keeps her from falling down or stepping on Dake's feet. "That's great, Dake. But why is your ship on Corellia?"

--------------------------

"Of course. It will take but a moment." Old Ria again enters the trance, causing the sense of peace to blanket the area. "Your mother and twin yet live on Lorrd. Your mother has remarried and they live in Lorrd City. Your stepfather is a mechanic at the space port and your mother works as a cook in a restaurant that services the students of the University. They are in great pain. I sense...yes, there is the source. You have a half-brother Ominae. He is very young and very sick."

Last edited by Kolson Wezrae on Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:20 am

Oblivious to the serious discussion happening not far away from him, Dake stops dancing and answers Ria's question while looking annoyed for some reason.

"That's because of her. I may have tipped the police about one of her deals, but that doesn't justify stealing my ship! And she started it anyway."

Suddenly, Dake starts to reminisce. And with a melancholic tone, he says:

"My poor beetles... Fourteen of them, all very rare and from different planets. She just sold them. But don't worry, I took her own ship, so we're even. Until I find her, she better not to let herself get killed."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:44 am

Ominae exhales a breath he didn't know he was holding. If his family wasn't on Devon Four anymore, it'd be safer for him to approach them without the Empire showing up at their doorstep, especially when he'd just gotten the information by means untraceable. It's not like the Jedi had kept tabs on apprentices' families after all - at least not that he knew of.

Though it took all he had, he forces himself to hold his piece about Scout and Starstone (heck, and Gwyn). He knew he shouldn't abuse the Force - or people's kindness like this, no matter how tempting it was.

notes:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:45 am

K:

"Wait, so you stole her ship because she stole your ship and bug collection?" The young girl's eyes screw up as she tries to make sense out of this screwy situation. "Is this normal for you two?"

----------------------------------

"As for your friends, they yet live.

I see Padawan Enwandung-Esterhazy on board a ship, a freighter, in the company of Master Kina Ha. They head for Mandalore to hide from the Empire.

Padawan Starstone is also in a freighter but hiding is the last thing on her mind. She has managed to gather a group of like-minded individuals and is attempting to find survivors of Order 66. For what it's worth she travels with Master Shryne though I sense that his power has greatly diminished."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:34 am

Kolson:

And here, Ominae's feet almost give way, like someone had jolted his knees while suddenly turning the gravity down. His breathing shudders slightly for a few breaths, though it seems oddly less labored than before.

"Hmpf, Jedi and freighters..." - he muses, almost managing a grin - "guess we should get used to it."

Then he worries.

"Scout has always known how to read the situation, but Starstone... she's probably thinking how she can push history forward a notch, and get Palpatine kicked out within the week. I'd like nothing more than for her to be right, but... i hope she's careful."

Encouraged by Ria's forthcomingness, he dares a bit more.

"Ria, could you tell me about my brother's illness? How aggressive is it?"

followup question:

Last edited by K on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:11 pm

For once, Dake is at a loss for words.

"Huh... I guess it is?"

He seems perplexed by his own statement.

"We wouldn't kill each other if that's what you're wondering. Good competition is hard to come by."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun May 31, 2015 2:46 am

"Competition?" the young girl asks, confused, the complexity of adult relationships completely lost on her.

------------------------------------------------

"Very. It confounds all efforts to identify or cure it. The future of the child is clouded by the Dark Side." Old Ria adjusts her robes, clearly upset. "I can only speculate that this is not a natural malady."

"Likewise, Master Gwyn lays in shadow, his pain echoing through the Force. You would feel it by now if the Dreamer wasn't polluting our reality with its presence. I know not where he is, but he is in imminent danger. I do not hold hope that he will survive this trial."

"I'm sorry to interrupt, ma'am, but Builder sends his regards," says 86, joining the conversation for the first time. "The General says she's still 10 minutes out."

"Then we don't have much time," says Old Ria with a frown.

"That's right. I estimate 2 minutes at the most." The droid floats back and holds his hand out, causing the mist to begin congealing into a floor beneath all of you.

"Ominae, listen to me. We don't have much time. I am a member of a secret order, hidden within the Republic and the Jedi Order itself. We dedicated our lives to defending the galaxy from great evils, ones long forgotten by the common sapient. One of those evils is our enemy right now and it is forcing its way into our reality by infecting my body and spirit with its foul presence. If it succeeds in absorbing me, this act will have dire consequences for the entire galaxy--past, present, and future."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun May 31, 2015 6:13 am

The news about Gwyn stab at him, but alongside it comes the sense of responsibility that he'd forgotten for a minute as he'd had his questions so readily answered.

He closes his eyes for a second, and when he opens them, all his wavering from a moment ago is gone.

"What needs do be done?" - he asks firmly.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun May 31, 2015 6:51 am

"In less than two minutes my defenses will fail. Even now the enemy beats away at my shield, so much so that I called for reinforcements. Fight with me to protect her." She points to Young Ria. "If you and our friends survive, you must take her to R'shae Ul'tan, the core of my being. If you can reunite her with what's left of me, I believe we can win the day. My ally General Ria, she's a version of me from a different possible future who even now leads the defense of our mind. If anyone can get you there, she can."

"If either of you have questions, ask them quickly. Even now 86 prepares the battlefield. There is little time."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun May 31, 2015 7:15 am

ooc:

Will the enemy be single-mindedly attacking little Ria for the next 8 minutes or can we draw it's attention?

Seeing as this some kind of dream, is there something i can do with my mind to influence the battle, or will this (points to lightsaber) do?

Should we get acquainted with 86's preparations, in order to draw advantage from the terrain?

We got separated from Vahrran and Jim. I don't suppose there's any way we can count of their support through this?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun May 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Dake's usual brimming confidence is understandably absent. He puts his hands on the young Ria's shoulders then ask the Jedi master:

"I guess you can't summon something that would allow me to fly, right? I'm a best pilot than a fighter."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 am

K wrote:Will the enemy be single-mindedly attacking little Ria for the next 8 minutes or can we draw it's attention?

"While their biggest goal is to capture the girl we are also in danger. I am one of the strongest hold outs, my death or conversion will be a major victory for the enemy. The four of you--86, Korra, Dake, and yourself--represent my best hope of escaping this predicament. It can sense you just as I did and can use a portion of my power to predict what you might do. That said, I believe we may be able to fool them for a time. Their commander is a particularly bloodthirsty version of me that fell to the Dark Side and joined the Sith. She is not the most...patient person."

K wrote:Seeing as this some kind of dream, is there something i can do with my mind to influence the battle, or will this (points to lightsaber) do?

"Yes, all of you, Vahrran included, should be able to affect your surroundings to some extent and make equipment for yourself. Just be careful not to rely on it too much. Particularly powerful minds can challenge you for control over the existence of such phenomena, perhaps unraveling it at a particularly dangerous moment."

K wrote:Should we get acquainted with 86's preparations, in order to draw advantage from the terrain?

"Yes, that would be a good idea. Choose a terrain suitable for holding off a larger force with smaller numbers and best choose a place I've never been. The me's from various timelines share a common pool of experience that we draw upon and choosing a terrain I'm intimately knowledgeable of would be disastrous."

K wrote:We got separated from Vahrran and Jim. I don't suppose there's any way we can count of their support through this?

"They are currently on the battlefield of my mind, engaged in trying to stay alive. If we survive, we'll join them there and make the final push to R'shae Ul'tan."

Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:Dake's usual brimming confidence is understandably absent. He puts his hands on the young Ria's shoulders then ask the Jedi master:

"I guess you can't summon something that would allow me to fly, right? I'm a best pilot than a fighter."

"You can make your own if you would like or work together with one or more of the others. I have my own preparations to make. May the Force be with us all."

The party is no longer floating and gravity has returned to normal. All of you are now standing on a gray mist floor. 86 motions you over to begin preparations. "Hurry, we don't have much time!"

As if on cue, Old Ria sits with her legs tucked underneath her and enters a meditative trance.

Kinetic Communication:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:19 am

Dake took a big breath, then muttered to himself:

"Well... I hope we survive this nightmare."

He then began to concentrate on an old memory: a basic jetpack he used to train with a long time ago. If the enemy could indeed erase such an apparition of the mind, it would be preferable to summon something one would be familiar with and thus less susceptible to lose in the middle of the upcoming fight.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:08 am

"86, can you form terrain from my memories or Dake's?"

ooc:

OOC, EDIT:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:02 am

Post under construction because it is long and your GM was too tired to complete it. In the mean time enjoy this complimentary gif of Kirk throwing rocks at Gorn.

Dake, Korra, and Ominae - Page 3 Captain-kirk-throws-a-rock-o
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down