Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plotting a Heist

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Plotting a Heist - Page 6 Empty Re: Plotting a Heist

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:54 pm

I'd say a DC of about 80 on the STR check to shove it out of its hard emplacement fixture and the several feet to the ledge.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:03 pm

There have to be parts that he can break that would require replacement. Firing mechanism, a lever of some sort, Jumping maybe?

I got it. Ignite the gunpowder. I'm sorry, I'm not sure what our trepidation with that was earlier, but it's kind of all you have now, far as I know.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Well, I did my best to help Javan with my spell. If that didn't help... your choice Javan.

It would be a shame if that explosion killed Lorkhihf, making this whole Heist pointless.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Hrm... Javan will check if the cannon is loaded. Whenever it is or not, he's going to leave a lightning ball right on the cannon's lip, stationary and on the full 20 minutes timer and tell them, clearly, that they have 20 minutes to remove all explosives from here, or it'll all explode together with the cannon. Attempting to move the cannon, fire it or disrupt the lightning ball in any way will make it happen sooner. Then I'm going to check for the fastest way out, even if it means to throw the other cannoneer's body outside in order to jump into safety.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:41 pm

Or if the dead cannoneer is not too far gone or still revivable, you (or we, if you get to us) can stabilize him with a potion or something, and bring him back as a meatshield. If they fire, they'll hit their man. An who knows, maybe we could still live up to the zero body count premise we had going into this thing.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:14 pm

K, 'zero body count' plans are realistic only when you are not the side with the huge disadvantage. Or the people shooting you are not trying to kill you. Or you are a certain Gnoll with access to a certain prestige class. Or you have the resources and skills to get the guy back to life in a single turn.

My best hope is that the cannoneers do not get to do anything stupid by fear and evacuate the place of personnel and explosives in 20 minutes AND Javan get to survive his way back to his horse.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:16 pm

I actually like Javan's plan. If that timer really does work and the guards listen to what you said.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Dots. Lots of them. Good lord. I don't want to think too much into what is going to happen with that cannon and everything close to it. Hopefully we'll never know what happen...

...who I'm kidding, I'll have the highest innocent body count of the party in 20 minutes, probably less.

Also, Arch, do all my jumping targets have to be live beings? AKA couldn't Javan have used the already dead moarsman to get down there with the jump, as suggested previously?
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump requires a 'valid' target, 'valid' being determined by the GM.  *pause*  So no, you needed a live target.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Ok... oh well, I guess Javan is going to get some kind of nickname later on, like "Bloody Spear Javan" or "That Guy That Loves To Jump Into People".

Recklessness sucks.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:56 pm

You don't have to run them through, you can hit them with the blunt end or the rod to make it fatigue damage.

Can Javan Jump at one of the archers on the wall near the gate, and then Tumble from there to the ground and take no damage?

Nevermind! Neutral
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Ok, turtling time! I'm hoping there are no spellcasters, because if there are, I'm toast. Javan is going to use his steel tower shield as total cover, and just in case, use his combat expertise to gain a +5 to his AC, and retreat to his horse. So I lose 2 AC (now 28) against spellcasters, but non-spellcasters attackers won't have a line of sight.

Maybe Javan will surv--- *grenade explodes nearby, and some villain casts fire 99. -=GAME OVER=-*
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Er, apparently I lost a post somewhere in the forums being forums.  Javan's already past the wall, you did it guys.  Grats.  Though they might wonder at Zeiss' departure's timing compared to the 'attack'.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:49 pm

And my reputation just goes up again... Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Nevermind, turtling not necessary! Yay!

Now all we need to do is to screw the non-combat as a team, and all will be fine!
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:55 pm

You guys can post something for roleplay sake in the thread if you want. But when we decide to enter the city, I'll have Zeiss heal himself with Advoc's spell (Arch, I'll use Light Storm on some tree to get my hit points back*), change his face with his bracelet of concealment then go buy some air dyer, a disguise kit if that's not too expensive and a set of simple clothes for a rogue.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 am

I'd love to know how much HP a single tree has. Bet it varies with thickness, mainly of the heartwood. I don't think it the purchases will be necessary Zeiss. We made cloaks out of the cloth we found at the warehouse. Changing your face will probably do just fine on its own. Your pet on the other hand...

Campfire outside the town! Let's burn these cloaks, no need for them anymore. Mmm, I love the smell of charred evidence in the morning.

Now I had some elaborate outline but I wanted to wait until we had the mirror first before bogging us all down with more debating. It involves:

- Communication with Oghren to contact Lorkhihf and get a written contract out with her signature on it;
- Meeting Kinzh'Lizakh to let him know we have the mirror and the price for it is signing a contract promising supplies and food for the Exchange;
- Handing over the contract to get a signature to be returned at a designated place and time;
-Figure out some way to send the contracts to Oghren in Aluvia: mail, ship, pay a courier employed by the Exchange;
- Then another designated place and time to hand over the mirror, after we send the letters out to Oghren in Aluvia.

That's a rough draft.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:57 am

Why the hell would we want Lorkhihf's signature?

And Arch, Knowledge Politics. What would be the best way to secure this deal without offending Kinzh'Lizakh while making sure we keep the mirror until it is set in stone?

And is a contract written by Oghren necessary or can we do this one ourselves? I'm the Warlord after all...  more or less. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:20 am

Because it would be (il)legally binding, and y'know, cuz she's short something that belonged to her? Nevermind, if that's the only thing you took then I guess Kinzh'Lizakh is it. I thought we could do more with it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:36 am

@Zeiss: Being direct and up-front is probably the best bet as far as getting ahold of him, and then of course being suitably diplomatic and courteous in one's speech, and finally it's very standard in Sho culture (this is true even in marketplaces and the like) to immediately have the object of trade in hand ready to go upon terms being agreed.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am

We don't really know what this guy is like behind closed doors, other than what he wants the public to know. If we go to him privately, he might be the type to have one or two guests bearing a valuable item for trade killed and shoved into his closet. If we do this, all four of us should visit him. If he is that sort, he'd be hesitant to call for our disposal in the likelihood of causing a big mess in his "throne room", which would not impress upon his servants well, putting a...stain...on his reputation.

As a precaution. Zeiss being the speaker for the party, he can dismiss us as such when Kinzh'Lizakh questions the presence of multiple ex-adventurers.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 am

I added a Heal check to my latest post in March 2nd, Arch. I took 10.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

I think we have unanimously decided to camp outside town and take shifts. I'm going to get one hour of sleep and watch with the others.

I don't think we've actually set up a meeting with Kinzh'Lizakh just yet, maybe if we hurry we can get it scheduled for late afternoon?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:53 pm

The meeting's already been arranged.  *pause*  You intuit that you decided to go to your inn so reality doesn't have to be re-written.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 pm

Oh man, is Cthulhu going to appear out of nowhere? RUN!
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next