Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plotting a Heist

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Plotting a Heist - Page 8 Empty Re: Plotting a Heist

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 pm

I was just reminded by a friend that I lost more than one character by running from authorities before. I had full HP in at least one occasion with a barbarian I constructed specifically to soak absurd amounts of damage, which I had completely forgotten about his existence out of spite for how stupid was his death.

I really think Javan's chances are higher if he's caught and doesn't try to fight back than trying to either fight or run away.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:51 pm

You know, it's pretty obvious your party isn't gonna leave you there. The consequences of that stubbornness, i leave to you to imagine, and you probably won't have to imagine long, since the guards are coming.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:53 pm

But why would you have just 3 hp though, Essoje? I would have healed you up once we were safe. If you guys would just moderate your posts a little I could catch up easier and small details like this wouldn't be lost.

It was the same with the smoke bombs. I specifically made smoke bombs so we could all have some. If that wasn't clear, just ask. It's not like Arch is a combative GM or anything. I'm sure as long as it is reasonable he'll let us backtrack a little bit and clarify stuff.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Kolson, from my perspective after being reminded that an old, higher leveled character of mine with full HP was killed because the dice did not agree with what he was trying doing, and his chances were better, well, HP is just being a roleplay-friendly excuse right now.

Ok, so while I was typing the above, I decided to re-read Arch's posts. They are not guards (which I thought they were), they are soldiers. He used the word 'soldier'. I'll let that sink into in your heads for a bit. I really care about HP anymore, if we try to show any other kind of resistance, we are all sorts of screwed.

Edit: Again, just noticed something else. So I have Jenetter, which is a twitch program, open at all times on my second monitor. I decided to open editplus and type stuff out when my eyes catch Arch's lastest stream's title, which I just ignored for some reason when I went to watch it. It says, and I quote: 'Skyrim, Plus D&D Doom'. My brain is being slow tonight, but I'm pretty sure those two discoveries are related.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:18 pm

It sounds like you're saying that whatever situation you encountered in that separate campaign with that separate character is directly correlated to this one. Were you trying to run away? Why were the soldiers after you? Were you fighting back as you fled? These details are important.

In addition, Archengeia tends to throw the word "Doom" around a lot. I think its his favorite.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:23 pm

Just let him surrender if that's what he wants to do.

Upon seeing the others trying to get him to move, Zeiss will continue with his original plan, assuming they will take care of it.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Rory, it was guards after my old character, not soldiers. Guards killed a character because of reasons, doesn't really matter actually. He didn't try to fight back and was just running, but they just got 3 or 4 critical hits out of 6 attacks (with confirmation rules, on top of that). Massive damage rules kicked in for one of the criticals.

Soldiers are after our current party. Military is after out current party. Our situation is worse in every way, shape or form.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 pm

And we're running away. Because of reasons. See, I can be nonspecific too.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm happy to see you retain your paranoia, it will keep you from doing stupid things (usually :p). But chillax my friend. We'll get through this somehow. Just keep a level head, do your best, and the rest will take care of itself.

I'm just really surprised to see Javan, the same badass who jumped into the middle of a hunkered down fortress just to save his friends, lie down on the ground to die and seeing you use a minor detail that probably isn't true to justify it. Choose to live little fairy man, choose to live!
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:37 pm

I do believe in Fairies.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:45 pm

Is that another joke about sexual orientation?
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:28 am

*sigh* I'm really tired trying to explain why not trying to resist any further and try to tell them WHY we even tried to run away raises the chances of survival through the roof. But let me try one more time, and this is my last attempt to.

Only Zeiss knows this, but that old elf guy was in the Lady Lightmane's office. This is Sho territory. So either he was an Sho officer or ambassador in disguise coming back from Aluvia or he was an Aluvian officer or ambassador striking some kind of deal, either way making me want to scream, because Arch loves his politics. I do as well, but that means stakes are through the roof now considering what's going on in the world right now, and the party just got caught in it again.

So we are trying to run from soldiers that were probably guarding the guy, which now explains their numbers and reaction speed.

So do we really want to have the Sho soldiers running after us with no real way to save our asses, including possibly Lightmane just removing all her backing on this side of the party, or we try to somehow explain that we got framed and tried to escape because we freaked out (which let's be fair, it's totally the truth). *shrugs* Just saying.

Last edited by Essoje on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:35 am

In Javan's defense I was totally talking about your guys' incident on the stream.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:37 am

I'm not saying anything. I'll play as non-meta as I can. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:45 am

Hey, I was playing non-meta and trying to play paran--- I mean safe, before I noticed we were more doomed than we previously thought!

Arch's comment just make me wonder how much of that I got correct.

... and Zeiss acting like Zeiss makes me facepalm more, but all my available hands are in my face right now. You have any idea how hard is to type with only your chin?!
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 am

Hey man, I was thinking of sticking with you, but the rest of the party seem to be handling you well, so I'll trust them to save you.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:12 am

Why is it that I think that when all this is said and done, and the all party members but Zeiss are killed because of our hardcore derping, Zeiss is going to bullshit his way out of this somehow?

Oh well, I'm going to launch Shovel Knight and prepare myself mentally for the worst.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8