Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framed (again)

+2
Rory
Kolson
6 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Framed (again) - Page 5 Empty Re: Framed (again)

Post by K Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:17 pm

Sure, we'd better tell Kolson and Rory before going off to retrieve the rapier.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Well, I offered because right now I'm the stronk of the party. The Tusker, however, is more stronk. He could probably hold his breath underwater for way longer than me.

I'm all for giving the Tusker a shot, but under the right conditions. No one can see me in my transformed state, no matter how dark it is. Also, I cannot fall asleep underwater. I think the question is just how dark it is outside. Anyone wandering around near the docks at night might be able to make out a large hulking individual of an odd shape in the dark, but their testimony might be easily dismissed for a number of reasons, so long as he only saw it during that night. But we have to avoid light, which means Advoc will have to go first towards the water go in, and then I will go in after him.

Once I'm out of the water though, I need to fall asleep. We will need something to make that happen sooner. I'll bet there's a pharmacy open at night offering sleep medicine. Now this is starting to sound a little bit like Tusker's Creed...

However, I have recanted my thoughts on using those smokebombs as a backup for escaping, so investigating further is out of the question in the event that you are captured and have to use a smokebomb, as they will be more prepared after the event whether you escape or not. We would either be down another player or giving them knowledge of tactics to specifically be secure from.

Also, before anyone points out the pointlessness of this retrieval task, I'm mainly interested in just giving Thog a reason to come out and play.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:00 am

Letting Thug walk around like that seems to be a really bad idea. And that would leave Kolson alone. And no, having the four of us search underwater is sure to attract attention. So let's limit the research team to two people.

And it seems like it will only be Advoc and Higaide since K has already posted. Unless you strongly protest Rory. But I figure that Thug could.... you know... play cards with Kolson. Learn a new language. Something else so that we don't have a Tusker roam the streets of a city.

But if you're really, really determined to go, Advoc will stay with Kolson. Can't leave him vulnerable to any assassination attempt.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:28 am

I wasn't going to assume the four of us, just me and Advoc. If you're sure that it wouldn't be safe for Thog to come out at night even with sleeping medicine, then fine, Higaide can be the one to go.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:24 pm

I think we are waiting on your reply, Kolson.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:41 pm

Nah, we are waiting on Arch. He told me in Twitch that he had a post ready and lost it by mistake.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:32 am

Nah, I'm just waiting for the meeting to start. There really isn't anything else to do unless you want to play cards or something.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:08 am

Ok. At night, you teach Thog about gambling. And he learns so well that you are grateful you decided not to play for keeps.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:13 am

Poor Advoc. Take a break, buddy, you did good.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Journal updated. Quite a bit written down. Rory's really picked up on the hobby of keeping a diary.

Side note, I think we already did the whole gambling thing, didn't we? I know, try to educate him on Weaving. Start with theory.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:54 pm

Well guys, I'm out of it. Can't make any rational decision. It's up to you.

I would suggest that you do not bring Advoc to the meeting though. To have Javan and Zeiss in prison is already hurting the Exchange's image, not need to take a drooling idiot with you.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:02 pm

Question is, what do we do with him. I don't think we can really afford to have him drooling about unsupervised, and we can't afford so spare someone to babysit him either. Can't he just unsummon and go back to Zeiss?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm sure Advoc won't act unless given orders. Anything beyond "follow me" or "stay put" would be inadvisable.

You should return to the prison tomorrow and watch it. You don't have to get close, but it's important to have eyes on it in case they switch tactics or routine or patrol, or something forces a change.

I suppose you could elect to sleep near the prison so that Advoc stays smart(or just return the next day and he'll just get smart in proximity), but if that's unreasonable or not possible, then it would be best to just not have Advoc with us at all. Until the summoner returns, you can either have a summon around who can't do anything or not have said summon at all. And since getting the summoner to return is our goal, it's not worth it to keep Advoc around if he can't stay smart while helping keep an eye on the prison.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Arch, can i still function up to standard after that night swim, at least enough to attend that meeting without seeming like a wreck? I don't want to give off a bad impression, but i'm pretty sure this meeting is too important sleep off, all things considered.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:20 pm

After a roll, Higaide feels like he can manage to stay awake for a couple more hours, though he's rather wiped.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:52 am

Actually K I'd appreciate it if you would babysit Advoc. It would let you get some rest and if this meeting goes south you'd still be on the outside.

Don't worry man, Rory and I got this.

Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:33 am

As for the actual meeting, I am to be like stone. Intimidation roll.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:04 am

Alright, but i'd appreciate it if you voiced my concerns about the dire need to work this out due to the doomsday scenario that i kept preaching about in the last few posts.

Also, i don't know how that ring of Rory's works, but if he's had his hour already, could i maybe borrow it and get some concentrated sleepy time, so i can be back on my feet sooner rather than later?
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 am

Very well. Sleep. Thog doesn't need it. Just give him some sleeping medicine when you return it.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Go ahead Kolson. Get us all that foooooooooood!

And some contacts and resources to get us out of prison if you can. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Arch, knowledge politics roll. Use as many action points as required.

Is executing someone found guilty of murder normal procedure in the Sho Empire? And how would it benefit the Sho politically? Because they seem in a great hurry to do so.

Also, what does a public execution look like? How many people? Who will be there?

Thank you in advance for the answers. See you! *dashes away*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:50 pm

No AP necessary. Executions are actually very common in the Sho Empire, and they're usually public because that way people can be shown not only that the criminals who are guilty are being punished (to bolster support in the justice system), and they try to make them as brutal as possible to emphasize the severe penalties that come with being a criminal. There will be a fairly large crowd though.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:27 am

Explain this "brutal". It has many meanings. Also, I believe it's only 1 AP per roll.

I am stumped on this one, really. I have no idea beyond extracting Javan and Zeiss by force, and why not? It's a solution, isn't it? Very important question: those cannons and stuff that they have on their tanks, how fast can they swivel? How, uh, "powerful" are they? I know Rory couldn't shrug off more than one blow from a cannon, but perhaps Thog might be able to dodge them much quicker, shrug off multiple shots, and generally have a better time of pulverizing them to release our buddies.

Additional: Are restorative spells projectile(and therefore suggestive of the general placement/location of the healer), or are they already centered upon the target when cast?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:45 am

I could be wrong, but i think Zeiss and Javan are too high-value to just up and execute in public square. The military guys are painfully aware of the monstrous value they have when dealing with the political fallback from Alluvia. Can you imagine what would happen if when Alluvia demanded the culprits for the assassination of one of their high-ranking officials, the Sho just went "*shurg* Oh, we already executed them."?

I think the interrogator is dicking with Zeiss, trying to get him  to crack and reveal who it was that set him on this dastardly deed. I can't prove it, but it fits.

Unless, as a regime, they really are delusional. This IS the nation that screws up it's urban development over some dumb old rule that no building can be taller than the emperor's palace.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:25 am

Oh, I did not look at that part. Very well. Rory is the one who believes that baring his tusks is the only way to get their friends.

Zeiss, you tell them whatever you have to if it saves your skin. Also, how about you make a Politics check to determine how your captives would handle...the information that we came here to secure food supplies for the Exchange and intended to make an effort to do so by offering a stolen heirloom to a well-known magnate for his personal use as a way to buy more goodwill and popularity towards his reputation?

Khinz'Lizakh is a cunning one. We would indeed be interested in contacts and routes we could take to avoid taxes and inspection of goods. Less risk of discovery and/or confiscation means the deal can continue. Less taxes mean more money in it for both parties. We should, while remaining vague when referring to the information he is offering, invite him to share what he knows.
Urgh, nevermind, he is already doing that.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum