Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

+11
Evanar
Zeiss
Permeus (tabran)
K
Rory
Kolson
Araiguna
Sethos
Ashakel
Caladrius
Archengeia
15 posters

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Knowing that he shouldn't be the one to talk, Zeiss stayed silent. Still, he observed what the others would say.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw - Page 2 Empty Re: First Adventure 03, Dragonflayer and Wildpaw

Post by K Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:04 pm

"We have been manipulated into war with the gnolls. We seek to find out why, and by whom."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 pm

As soon as the matriarch made her bold appearance, Rory took a knee and lowered his gaze.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:13 pm

The Matriarch glances at the large group assembled, keeping her tone even and measured but betraying concern. "Not since Tal-Katar has been built have we seen such a gathering of visitors to our quiet home. I am told you do not bring bloodshed, but if this is true..." she hesitates, peering at you. "What do you bring?"

At the words of the strange creature she does not recognize, she frowns. "Manipulated to war? My that sounds familiar. I don't suppose you care to tell me your tale?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 pm

"Manipulated to war? My that sounds familiar. I don't suppose you care to tell me your tale?"

"Do you know of an Orc Guardian? Tarkus Oakheart?"

Last edited by Evanar on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Permeus (tabran) Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:15 pm

*tabran bow's*

"we were told to kill all of clan wildpaw and bring back the leaders head, but information we have learned leads us to think that both us and the Gnolls are been played for fools"

Spoiler:

Last edited by permeus on Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Permeus (tabran)
Permeus (tabran)

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Yellow Mage / Rogue
Race: Lycanthrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm

"His actions suggest a malicious plot against this place and on the people of Al-Erat. More specifically, against your Gnoll allies."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:17 pm

"I have heard of no Oakheart I'm afraid. The only other visitors we've had..." she laughs faintly "Well, ever, have been our friends of the Wildpaw. As for being told to slaughter an entire Clan, that would be quite a feat to kill millions of Gnolls across the continent. Though," she adds thoughtfully, "Even taking down the tribe currently residing here would be an effort. They are quite numerous."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:18 pm

Archengeia wrote:"Manipulated to war? My that sounds familiar. I don't suppose you care to tell me your tale?"

"We were assigned a bill by the Adventurers Guild do deal with a series of gnoll raids at the town of Al-Erat. Upon investigation we discovered the gnolls were causing no real damage, and the bill's terms were suspiciously vague, and needlessly brutal. My group became rash, and decided to scout the place in advance. We foolishly slew a nearby gnoll in an attempt to keep our presence hidden. When the rest of our party arrived, we moved in, but found the place empty, then came across your guards."

*adds some reverence at the end*
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

At this, Rory realizes that their task is a fool's errand. Were they being played for fools by Oakenheart? If they weren't tying up a loose end or exterminating a threat, then why were they even here?
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Archengeia wrote:"I have heard of no Oakheart I'm afraid. The only other visitors we've had..." she laughs faintly "Well, ever, have been our friends of the Wildpaw. As for being told to slaughter an entire Clan, that would be quite a feat to kill millions of Gnolls across the continent. Though," she adds thoughtfully, "Even taking down the tribe currently residing here would be an effort. They are quite numerous."

"the guardian was hired to protect a select number of farms from the gnoll attacks that we have learned are causing no real damage other than some to crops. so far we have assumed that the gnolls were hired to instigate political unrest in the region to give the people reason to instate a new mayor."
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Whis Kor scratches his nose with his shield, although those behind him and see that he's holding his face in his shield hand.

He brings it down after a second.

"Perhaps it would be wise for us to have the council of the Gnolls as well, since this concerns them greatly?"
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:21 pm

The Matriarch folds her arms together, thinking for a moment. "Your sense of timing is unusual. Until quite recently, I would have petitioned for your aid against the Gnolls, for they were a most unwelcome guest until earlier this day when their leader approached me with an offering of peace. I do not know specifics, save that he fears they were betrayed and even as we speak they are packing all they have to flee these lands and try to find another place to call home."
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

"yes, i would deem that wise as well."

@ whis kor's remark
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:23 pm

"Then perhaps we should hurry and meet them before they depart."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

"that sounds about right from the information we have so far"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 pm

"do you know where they were looking to settle?"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:25 pm

Whis Kor pauses for a moment after that statement and sweeps his arm forward towards her.

"Of course, we are at your mercy as your guests. Please, if you would act as a medium for this meeting we would be grateful for one of your talents to assist us."
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm

Rory kicked at the ground, shaking his head. These new facts were beginning to make his head spin.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:26 pm

"I cannot guarantee you a meeting nor help you in that fashion, the Wildpaw have washed their hands of us." She shrugs. "We have declared a truce, and they are leaving. And living here, alone and unmolested by outsiders, is all we have ever really sought. However I can point you in the right direction," she points behind you towards the door that heads north. "Now, one final thing..." her tone grows more serious. "I have no wish for our private home to be swarmed with outsiders upon your departure, what guarantees could you grant us that we will be left alone?"
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

"They can't have departed longer than an hour ago. Would you know where they were headed?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Zeiss didn't really care about being played by Oakheart. He only wanted to finish their job. But the others didn't.

They wanted peace.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

"Isnt north headed to that new settlement that was being built?"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Evanar Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm

"The Gnolls don't have to leave. If they mean no harm, they can stay. We can help them, and prove to the people that they are indeed non-hostile. Unless... We are too late... or wrong."

"But... Oakheart can be a problem."

Evanar

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Spacial
Class: Black Mage
Race: Lycanthrope, Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 pm

"as far as not being found, there are no guarantees. the local villagers saw the gnolls retreating toward this area so you may be discovered if the local militia were to take matters into their own hands, unlikely as that may be."
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next