Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3: April 4th - 11th April

+2
Rory
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 3: April 4th - 11th April - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3: April 4th - 11th April

Post by Archengeia Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Ironically the Lord Silentblade already has Hub usage himself, and he admits this freely as a negotiation tactic. He then, demurely, agrees that giving away such access would be unwise and clearly Kolson is a capable leader to make such a decision. He then immediately turns the conversation towards Kolson and asks, in a polite but insistent manner, why Kolson abandoned his clan name.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Week 3: April 4th - 11th April - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3: April 4th - 11th April

Post by Kolson Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:34 pm

"I'll answer honestly and truly, but only if you answer tit for tat in return. What say you?"

If Fahran says Yes:

If Fahran says No:

In the interest of speeding this up I'll post my questions here so you have some idea of what I'll ask if I get more.

Second Question: What are the terms of the deal you made with the Naverre Raiders when they got your permission to operate out of Glenden Wood?

Third Question: What were you hoping to gain by flattering me and going into detail about the state of the continent unbidden?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:20 pm

The Lord Silentblade listens expressionlessly as Kolson lays out his reasoning. He gives no reaction to it, but quietly responds to Kolson's query that he will answer him but, before he does, he wants to know why Kolson wants to know about their illustrious Queen.

*in the future*
The Lord Silentblade admits that he has a partnership with the individual in charge of the Naverre Raiders, and that he and said individual (he does not give name, species, or gender) agreed that having the Undermarket united again rather than fractured was better for the world as a whole, and this individual had already been backing the Raiders.

In response to accusations of flattery, the Lord shrugs and admits that he likes to see how people react to given circumstance and stimuli. He's a strong believer that what you say matters no where near as much as how you say it, and what you do not say.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Gavis of Deathtouch.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:38 pm

That's it. I was close. Very close.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:17 am

Archengeia wrote:The Lord Silentblade listens expressionlessly as Kolson lays out his reasoning.  He gives no reaction to it, but quietly responds to Kolson's query that he will answer him but, before he does, he wants to know why Kolson wants to know about their illustrious Queen.

"One moment." Kolson sips his tea while he organizes his thoughts. "While I was doing my homework for this meeting I came upon three interesting facts about the end of the Queen's reign. That one, she was not placed under house arrest nor detained in any permanent way. Two, she was not officially exiled from Aluvia. And three, from what I can tell she is not receiving a government stipend for her upkeep at all.

If this is the case, that means she is living by her own means within Aluvia, whether by her own personal funds or that of an ally's. It seems to me that if you were going to remove someone from power, that isolating her from her funds and allies would make the most sense. And yet that hasn't been the case. Given what I know of her reputation for intelligence and cunning I'm surprised she stepped aside as peacefully as it seems.

Which leaves me with speculation. Which we both know is about as useful as contemplating one's navel, especially when I have a first hand source sitting right here in front of me. So how about it Lord Silentblade? Where is Queen Alysa and what is she up to these days?"

Archengeia wrote:*in the future*
The Lord Silentblade admits that he has a partnership with the individual in charge of the Naverre Raiders, and that he and said individual (he does not give name, species, or gender) agreed that having the Undermarket united again rather than fractured was better for the world as a whole, and this individual had already been backing the Raiders.

"You mean Gavis of Deathtouch, yes? Lightmane wasn't keen to trust the fellow and from what my source told me I don't blame her. It's all rather convenient if you ask me, though I know you didn't. With Lightmane gone the Exchange could use a new patron. That is partly why I'm here soliciting for your support."

Archengeia wrote:In response to accusations of flattery, the Lord shrugs and admits that he likes to see how people react to given circumstance and stimuli.  He's a strong believer that what you say matters no where near as much as how you say it, and what you do not say.

Kolson nods. "That makes sense. Though I have to wonder why you brought up the state of the continent. It was good information to know, no doubt, but it seemed like you were suggesting I should try to open up diplomatic talks with Naverre. While I'm not against it, I have to wonder if we aren't placing the cart before the horse here. I'm not Lord of Holtburg. Yet."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:35 pm

Kolson Wezrae wrote:
"One moment." Kolson sips his tea while he organizes his thoughts. "While I was doing my homework for this meeting I came upon three interesting facts about the end of the Queen's reign. That one, she was not placed under house arrest nor detained in any permanent way. Two, she was not officially exiled from Aluvia. And three, from what I can tell she is not receiving a government stipend for her upkeep at all.

If this is the case, that means she is living by her own means within Aluvia, whether by her own personal funds or that of an ally's. It seems to me that if you were going to remove someone from power, that isolating her from her funds and allies would make the most sense. And yet that hasn't been the case. Given what I know of her reputation for intelligence and cunning I'm surprised she stepped aside as peacefully as it seems.

Which leaves me with speculation. Which we both know is about as useful as contemplating one's navel, especially when I have a first hand source sitting right here in front of me. So how about it Lord Silentblade? Where is Queen Alysa and what is she up to these days?"
The Lord Silentblade betrays a minor curiousity as you give your reasoning, but answers regardless.  Apparently the High Queen had offered no resistance when he and the other Lords had moved in to take care of the crisis of the Incident, and to his knowledge the woman still lived in her palace in a mostly unused section of the Royal District along with her personal servants. The last he checked she was still retired. The woman naturally had plenty of funds and investments before she was removed from power, so he assumes she is subsisting on those.  She does, of course, make appearances whenever matters of state are called for but he insists it's purely a gesture.

Kolson Wezrae wrote:"You mean Gavis of Deathtouch, yes? Lightmane wasn't keen to trust the fellow and from what my source told me I don't blame her. It's all rather convenient if you ask me, though I know you didn't. With Lightmane gone the Exchange could use a new patron. That is partly why I'm here soliciting for your support."
The Lord Silentblade makes no acknowledgement of the name drop, though the hair on the back of your neck stands up for a moment as you feel a sudden increase in danger.  He seems to consider your words, then responds that given the circumstances an alliance with the Raiders would probably benefit the Exchange so long as they work towards like ends.  No need for one to eat the other, after all, when there's so much work to be done.  He admits he's not certain how such a thing would go forward but he knows how to ask the right people.

Kolson Wezrae wrote:Kolson nods. "That makes sense. Though I have to wonder why you brought up the state of the continent. It was good information to know, no doubt, but it seemed like you were suggesting I should try to open up diplomatic talks with Naverre. While I'm not against it, I have to wonder if we aren't placing the cart before the horse here. I'm not Lord of Holtburg. Yet."
The Lord Silentblade starts to answer, stating how he was merely mentioning how diplomacy should be a tool as oft used as a blade, when he is interrupted by his servant informing him that his next appointment is here, and he politely ends the conversation and tells Kolson 'of' Wezrae to have a safe trip back to Holtburg.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Funny how Lord Fahran proposed the idea of an alliance with the Naverre Raiders after Kolson made the name drop. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it... but I know Arch likes to be subtle. Smile
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:15 am

Yes. I noticed that too. So, what did you think of Fahran, Zeiss?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:24 am

Archengeia wrote:2)iron for heavy and chittick for light.
4320g and 864g respectively.
864 taken from my moneys, dropping the rest.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:05 am

Kolson Wezrae wrote:Yes. I noticed that too. So, what did you think of Fahran, Zeiss?

He's an intelligent schemer. He didn't show it, but as you talked, he was coming up with ideas on how to utilize our presence at his advantage. He asked about the lack of clan name not only because it is rare for someone in Dereth not to have one, but also because he cannot afford to not know who he's dealing with.

The moment you casually mentioned Gavid of Deathtouch by name, he considered two possibilities: you are either foolish or just that confident in yourself. This is Gavis we are talking about after all: his people on Marae Lassell were using the scionic language to study the facilties, which implies a lot of terrifying things. But there you were in front of him, mentioning in passing the name of a man who seem to be known only by the most powerful individuals of this continent, and you didn't cower in your boots. He considered the competence you showed until now, the fact that you were able to secure the right to use the Hub, your awareness that Gavis is the Naverre Raiders' backer and he probably changed the label he had put of you of "minor player" to "potentially a major player". Which is why he proposed the idea of an alliance between the Exchange and the Raiders. After all, if the two were to fight each other for dominance over the Undermarket, it would probably cause a lot of damage, which would happen right in his own backyard. Can't have that.

Just my opinion though. I could be wrong.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:57 am

No, I think you are probably right. He held his cards close to the chest but that poke definitely got through. It will be interesting to see what flies out of that particular hornet's nest when it comes time to deal with it.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2