Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

+2
Archengeia
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May Empty Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

Post by Zeiss Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:51 pm

Post here.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May Empty Re: Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

Post by Archengeia Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:41 pm

As a note this week will end early, on the 3rd. And that is officially caught up with the Live campaign.

Events to follow.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Ooooooh... Almost done guys. Cool

A little push and soon, Holtburg will be min- ours. I meant ours.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:48 pm

A few questions:

Where is the Lady Myra? In the fortress I guess? I'm asking just to be sure. She could be coordinating the war efforts from an airship.

Where is the general I-Hate-His-Guts?

Where is the Emergency Broadcast System?

How would Lady Myra react if I brought proof that the General is responsible for riling up the Aristocrats into open rebellion? By proof, I mean the letter Kolson discovered in Huldar's camp. I'm spinning the truth to my advantage, of course, but I hope it would be enough to convince her that the General's schemes and greed were the spark that lit the country ablaze with civil war. Roll knowledge politics on that.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:45 pm

[quote="Zeiss of Dreamkeeper"]A few questions:

Where is the Lady Myra? In the fortress I guess? I'm asking just to be sure. She could be coordinating the war efforts from an airship.
She's usually on the front lines, where a good leader belongs. She resides in the Fortress for other concerns at the moment though.

Where is the general I-Hate-His-Guts?
Also in the Royal District, fighting alongside the Lords' forces.

Where is the Emergency Broadcast System?
You don't know exactly, but you're pretty certain it's in the Lord's Fortress.

How would Lady Myra react if I brought proof that the General is responsible for riling up the Aristocrats into open rebellion? By proof, I mean the letter Kolson discovered in Huldar's camp. I'm spinning the truth to my advantage, of course, but I hope it would be enough to convince her that the General's schemes and greed were the spark that lit the country ablaze with civil war. Roll knowledge politics on that.
I'm going to say K:P doesn't help you here, so no hints on how she'd react. You also rolled a 3.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:03 am

Could Kolson roll for that last question?

You never know.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:03 am

Let me think ab--no.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:28 am

You must have proof. Do you have some? Either way, what would she believe? It's possible that you may have to just storm the fortress, capture him, and pick up whatever proof you can find along the way.

Ask it!
The Hobbit, Unexpected Journey:

And when you are ready, Rory will drop everything. The plan must involve me transforming.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:16 am

Not to rush your daring plan but your deadline is next Wednesday, the 12th in real time, for finishing this up.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Don't worry, the first half of the plan is already figured out Arch. I just need to decide whether the second half is needed or not.

As for my proof Rory, I'll let you reread the post I made where I asked a few questions.

Also, would Rory be willing to transform into Thog and assassinate the Lady of Holtburg? I'm just curious. Cool
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Javan's action is the same as last week's action unless something happen. My guess is that Javan found nothing about the real instigators of this whole thing. *shrugs*
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:40 pm

Well a letter addressed to Rory may be of interest to Javan...
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Just restating, i'm backing Kolson up against the mercenaries.
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:22 pm

So here's the big post. *crack fingers*

My actions:

• Convince Gretta to help me pull off this plan. Use Persuasion and non-action combat point.
  • Convince the Aristocrats to follow this plan. Use Persuasion and non-action combat point.
  • Coordinate with Kolson who reveals to the Lady of Holtburg that he has a mole within the Aristocrats' leadership who managed to convince the rest of them to follow a specific plan. All the merit for the strategy I'm proposing goes (in lore anyway) to Kolson.
  • Execution of said plan.

T H E  P L A N :

Let us assume Gretta agrees to let me borrow her two or three thousands "soldiers". Nationalists are blue, Separatists are red and the Exchange is green. I know there are bound to be other forces somewhere else in the district, but I am considering only the major forces which will turn the tides of battle.
First sketch:
The Separatists put the majority of their forces around this place to force the Nationalists to do the same.

Second sketch:
Out of nowhere, soldiers who are working for the Exchange appear behind enemy line! However, they don't attack the main Nationalists forces.

Third sketch:
The Exchange soldiers seem to be going for the Hall of the Monarchy and the Fortress, which are important sites to control for the Separatists. The Nationalists, knowing they cannot let that happen, send two groups to intercept the Exchange while their third group falls back to defend a position closer to the Hall and the Fortress. The separatists go forward, happy that everything goes according to plan.

Fourth sketch:
That's kind of what it should look like at this point. The Separatist prepare to advance on the first group.

Fifth sketch:
However, the Exchange soldiers are on the side of the Nationalists. They never were a threat to begin with. The Nationalists simply used this ruse to flank the Separatists while the Exchange soldiers regrouped to act as a reserve.

Sixth sketch:
The Nationalists have flanked the Separatists from all side. The Exchange soldiers (those under Gretta's command) stay behind unless they are needed. Ideally, they will only have to take care of the soldiers (that should make it easier to convince Gretta to let me borrow her men). An Exchange elite group, however, will join the battle: the party members and the best troops among those that were recruited in Holtburg (and maybe Kolson, if he isn't commanding the main Nationalists forces). When the dust has settled and the Separatists are defeated, Gretta and her men will go back to the Exchange headquarters through the Veil to defend it against any attack from my former "allies".

If that works, it would be a major blow against the Separatists, one that may just end the civil war. In Holtburg anyway. Then the Lady of Holtburg meets with the party to celebrate our victory around some beer and to discuss our reward. I would be more than grateful if she granted me the ownership of a large number of the Aristocrats' companies (a few of which I will give to Gretta); she can make it sound like she is nationalizing the lot of them if she prefers, but in practice, they would go to me.

I know it's a little early to talk of a reward, but I'm just writing to save some time.

Oh, if there's ever an occasion where there's only us, the Lady of Holtburg, the General and a few soldiers, please pause the game and tell us? It would be a good occasion to just assassinate her and blame the General for it. We would then justify the bloodbath to the rest of the military by showing them the letter we found in Huldar's camp, proving that he inadvertently started the civil war just because of his greed and we only wanted to make sure he gets what he deserves by telling Myra of Hammersmith. Unfortunately, he refused to let himself be arrested and turned violent; after ordering his loyal soldiers to attack us, he killed the Lady of Holtburg and planned to have us blamed for it.

Just an idea. Cool

But if we ever get in a situation where we might pull this off, do pause the game please. I know Kolson wasn't really against that plan, he just preferred to take over Holtburg another way, but he might change his mind if we think we could pull it off.

Going to write the Exchange's actions in another post.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:32 pm

The Exchange's actions:

• The rumor that I killed my best spy? Well, I want my employees to know it's false. So I'll gather them for an announcement which I will do in person. Here's what I tell them: I haven't ordered the death of this spy, nor did I want him dead. After we discovered he was working for someone else, we had him interrogated to find out who was conspiring against us. No, we didn't torture him. That employer, whoever that was, had installed a device within the spy's body to ensure his loyalty and silence. Once it was obvious that he wouldn't manage to ease our concerns, this employer had the spy killed to ensure no vital information would leak. I have a good idea of who this "employer" is and I advise my employees to refuse any suspicious offer made to them. No need to be worried, these "conspirators" obviously don't want to hurt us, only to control the Exchange by positioning key members throughout my organization. Roll diplomacy and Persuasion.
  • Again, let's invest more resources towards setting up these projects: the Shadow Depository, the Black Butterfly (the inn where people go disappear), the Criminal Headhunting Force Task (giving a name for you the GM to make your work easier) and more importantly, the unification of the Blocs (by replacing the Undermarket middle managers).
  • I give Sareth an important task: weed out the conspirators within the Exchange. We know they're here and probably plan to take control over the Exchange. However, we'll have to rely on something else other than gold to ensure our employees' loyalty. Which is why I'm setting up a secret movement: the Gilded Sparrows. The Sparrows will help with rooting out the conspirators.
  • The Gilded Sparrows is a movement of like-minded individuals who are prepared to go to great lengths to ensure the freedom of all sentient beings, even at the cost of "prosperity and order" (kind of like the Assassins in Assassin's Creed, but with the ruthlessness of the Templars). Its members are, for the moment, all handpicked by Zeiss and Sareth themselves. They are elite individuals who excel at their own field of expertise: combat, infiltration, scouting, management, persuasion, etc. You can't apply to become a Sparrow, you're always put forward as candidate by one of its members. However, once you're in, you're given two things: a woven gilded ring of copper which is automatically destroyed when removed from your hand (or when your hand is cut, or if you die, or any other circumstance)... and the truths about Primus that have been discovered up to this point. That knowledge includes: the existence of several organizations (the Pinnacle, the Supremacy, the Directorate, the Eleven, etc.), the Phoenix spell, the Scions, the suspicion that the Pinnacle is governed by one or many Scions who rewrite the memories of the inhabitants of Dereth, Gaerlan, the Lassels, the death of the green mages 14 years ago and everything else I can't think of right now. Since this group is very selective, all of its members will have a name (I can take care of naming the members if you prefer) and have no interest in personal gain. Of course, since this world is crumbling as we speak, the Sparrows will also be charged with the mission to preserve the existence of Dereth, so we won't be recruiting only from within the Exchange, but also from other organizations and nations. Each time the movement finds a potential candidate, we'll take our time to make sure they won't betray us (and scan them for any device once they joined us). Another caveat: we accept Desolate members. We'll figure out a way to hide their condition before we recruit any of them, but I want to make sure every member is aware of that fact. Immediate goals of the movement: scout out potential candidates from within and without the Exchange, free the Exchange from external influences, expand the Exchange's reach to ensure a continuous source of income (and resources) and build up its power base by infiltrating the military, economical and political factions. Long term goals: foil the Pinnacle's plans, stop the war and kill the remaining hostile Scions who still live (or at the very least disable them) One last thing: all Sparrows are given the right to use the Hub.
  • Find out if Biggs, Wedge and Qui-Gon would make good candidates for the Gilded Sparrows. It doesn't mean we're going to recruit them right away, but only start the process of "reviewing their intentions". That will be the same for all candidates. I'm always, always, on the lookout for candidates. If you think any NPC I encounter would make a good addition to the movement, feel free to notify me and I'll add them to my list of candidates. The other Sparrows can also make their own suggestion as to who to recruit.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 am

Eh, I'm not sure what the right answer is Zeiss. I'm worried its the only way it will happen and that not taking the chance will ultimately prove to be a mistake. But on the other hand, it doesn't feel right and after a lot of thought I really don't want to "win" that way. But then what if this is the only way or only chance we ever get and it all blows up in our faces because we didn't act? I'm very conflicted about it.

Also, just as a general announcement, I'm going to be visiting my brother in Virginia/DC starting the 12th. We fly out late night on the 11th and I'll be out of town for 2 weeks. I'm not sure how much access I'll have to the internet during that time but I promise I'll try to check in and post. Zeiss will be in charge of my character per usual when I'm not available. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

--------------------------------------------------------
Winning the Fight for Holtburg

Just to add on to Zeiss' plan, we'll need the Lady's help in luring the Aristocrats into this trap. If I could convince her to draw up a legit looking piece of intelligence for Zeiss to arrange for the Aristocrats to acquire, preferably with their own troops, I think we could really sell the fiction of the trap.

It would need to be something that either scares them into hasty action or confirms something they desperately hope is true. To that end, I'll use the information Kolson has gained in the fighting so far to try to intuit what their plans are and what their tactical goals are. Then I'll use that information to suggest the context of our ruse.

For example, if they desperately want to capture the northern approach to the Lady's villa so they can capture or kill the Lady, lets give them a faux opportunity to do so and kill them with Zeiss' plan for that folly. Follow?
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:55 am

I've read both plans (there will be many dice rolls in my future) but I want to make one thing absolutely clear: You guys are aware that the vast majority of the Separatists forces have evacuated Holtburg by now, right?

*shifting gears*

At the beginning of the week Rory receives a letter from naval post, dated about 4 days ago. It is from Thomas, one of the Humans Rory put in charge of the exodus situation. He states that they've run into a curious situation... Kinzh'Lizak let the thousand or so Humans there put birth in his places for a minimal fee but also put them into contact with another Burun further south into the mainland, a woman named Larenz'Filis, who apparently was quite used to accommodating Humans. It seems a dozen or so had stumbled into the Hebian-To Peninsula several months ago and had found their way towards one of her sprawling Sky Plantations (brief lore dump: Due to the Thrush making large scale ground farming impossible, most large scale farming in areas held by Thrush are done in custom Woven 'farmland' chunks that hover a few feet over the air, requiring constant maintenance and fresh Magicite to keep them running) and her people ended up catching them and, after some discipline (since they'd been caught stealing), offered them a standard job on the Plantation instead. They proved good workers and grateful and the two sided ended up fairly well off. Hence when Kinzh'Lizak heard about this he immediately pointed the Humans towards her. It turns out she's been wanting to expand into a brand new Sky Plantation in a chunk of land she recently acquired thanks to some clever dealing involving some Season VIP Valcinball tickets and is wanting to employ a very large number of Humans there to do so. In short she's offering to send her personal transport fleet to go grab the rest of the Humans (there were a couple million after all) to head south and either stay with her, or to disperse within the Hebian-To region, or to continue to the Republic as is their wont. This note comes to Rory from someone who informs him that fleet she mentioned is actually already here, it's how the letter got here, and they are hoping he will assist in gathering the people to head south. The messenger himself (a young Moarsman who does not give his name) automatically assumes Rory will be coming with as well, since he's just another Human to him (he will assume the same of Higaide if they cross paths).
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:20 am

Just an aside, but if do you end up stabbing the Lady of Holtburg in the back, please don't let my character find out about it. If it makes him an idiot, it's still better than having to RP that kind of conflict.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 pm

A second letter was actually sent with the fleet, just came a bit later due to being carried by a Human who came back. It's actually from Jonathan, a face Higaide will remember with some difficulty as one of the people he'd gathered together for his 'do good' plan. Higaide might be initially confused at his presence here, as he'd sent him westward with the rest to help in the Glenden Wood Province, but apparently he and a few others had found the entire situation demoralizing since they were more interested in helping other Humans than just people in general. Not that he's anti-alien, per say, but he and others like him felt that Humans already had it so badly that they needed their help more. So he'd gone south with the initial bundle to the Hebian-To District, and while there he realized this was his actual purpose and calling. He's going to actually try to convince Higaide to come with him back on the fleet Larenz'Filis sent, but whether he convinces him or not he will also inform him of how things are down there, and mention that several million refugees are going to have serious problems finding a spot to settle on, and that this should take priority over 'stupid political games'.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:20 pm

ooc:
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Third try... Ahem... No big battle. Based on Arch's words this just became a cleaning job. Also, if you guys do talk about these letters to Javan, he'll be more than happy to attempt to convince you guys this is a good time to jump ships.

For his reasons, Javan will be blunt and sincere as usual when communicating that he has nothing against Aluvia's people but he is weary of Aluvia the nation, and the Exchange has been become more and more of a reflection of Aluvia's current state in his eyes, but worse still, he himself was as well. Zeiss and Kolson are invested on it tho, and that was his reason for staying before. Now not even that is enough for him to stay with the Exchange anymore. He'll feel much better knowing that his own actions are helping other people directly than furthering some big goal that might only pay off in the end of a long series of political moves.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:14 pm

*facepalm*

Now that I know the Separatists have fled Holtburg (because me and Kolson thought the post implied they simply regrouped to attack later), I must make a new plan.

*goes into scheming mode*
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Archengeia wrote:I've read both plans (there will be many dice rolls in my future) but I want to make one thing absolutely clear: You guys are aware that the vast majority of the Separatists forces have evacuated Holtburg by now, right?

Don't bother. It's clearly a useless and meaningless plan now. Also, very anticlimactic Arch. I honestly don't know how it could have been a more unsatisfying end to the fighting in the capital. You pumped us up and then walked away. Bad form man, bad form. If this was going to be a thing why didn't you tell us so? We could have largely skipped this week.

I'll spend my actions this week helping mop up the stragglers. It's not like there's anything more pressing to do.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 pm

I am so confused about who we're fighting and whether the option to meet and negotiate an alliance with the new Lord of Holtburg is still open. The Aristocrats may be gone, but the general is still here. What's he up to when the separatists are gone? I am a little disappointed that the main threat is gone, but hopefully there's enough of a threat to present a leveled challenge for us and our soldiers.

Reasoning with the Lady of Holtburg, Myra of Hammersmith
Myra used to be a general, so she might be like Radnaal in that respect, but more a "lawful good" type warrior and leader than "for the people" per sei(although her job is about protecting the people). I think we could reason with her.

My fair Lady
We need to proceed with the negotiation front with a large squadron of warriors to the fortress to set up a meeting with Lady Myra, appealing to her honor as a soldier and a general. We're a faction in this mess, let's act like one and arrange a meeting as soldiers, not as citizens or diplomats or politicians.

At the meeting, we explain that we are willing to aid her in restoring order and arresting the general, in exchange for the protection of our bloc and restoration of the deal we had with the prevous Lady Lightmane. We can be vague about our "criminal activities", if they would be viewed as such, but we need to be upfront about who we are, what we do and what we want. I would actually be satisfied if we manage to convince her to at least find and detain general who's-its, even if she would rather do it herself and refuses the deal. Succeeding at that in this tense meeting, two sides sizing each other up eyeball-to-eyeball, would still be kinda cool. Failing at the alliance or aid, we should at least aim to get her to agree on either of us helping the other in securing a perimeter for the other to do the actual work kicking in General Who's-Its door and arresting him(us doing the perimeter can be taken as "sort of help, but stay out of the military's way").

The choice is yours, Lady Myra
If she doesn't believe he is guilty of anything, we leave calmly and quietly. And immediately, we use our forces to find and capture the general and depose him. Other than that, previous plan remains unchanged and in effect if Myra is completely uncooperative.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Change of plan regarding the Aristocrats, but I'll keep the Exchange's actions as it is.

• -Zeiss is personally involved- With Kolson's help, I will arrange a secret meeting with the Lady of Holtburg. We will then reveal that I'm a mole within the Separatists' leadership and I'm actually planning to gain more influence until I'm able to bring the whole rebellion down. But to make that happen, I have to make sure the Lady of Holtburg doesn't destroy the Exchange. So I'm basically proposing an alliance. If I do manage to foil the Separatists' plans, we could then talk about the possibility of a reward (some of the Aristocrats' companies for example), but that's for later. We'll also have to come up with a convincing excuse as to why she won't be attacking the Exchange's headquarters; maybe if I act as a secret leader of the rebellion would do the trick. It's not like I've had a PR campaign proclaiming the Exchange is working with the Aristocrats. Use Persuasion and non-action combat point.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Once the previous task is done, I will now fully commit to the Aristocrats' cause and take a gloves off approach. No more kindness for the Nationalists anymore. Only by doing this will the Aristocrats let me on their most secret plans. If the situations presents itself, I will take it upon himself to coordinate the Separatists forces across Aluvia to increase the efficiency of the rebellion as a whole. I will also attempt to come up with the most devious schemes to ensure the Aristocrats' victory (kind of like the other plan I made in this thread) and secure my position within the Separatists' leadership. In short, I'm trying to play the role of the ruthless, cunning and intelligent villain who takes it upon himself to lead the other bad guys towards victory. I have an idea of how best to defeat the military, but I'll roll knowledge politics to make sure: focus on the takeover of the military assets across Aluvia (supplies and source of income) and the disruption of their chain of command. The Aristocrats might have already a good idea of what to do, so we'll consider their options first. I will also be on the lookout for any good opportunity to crush the rebellion from the inside in one swift blow. I use Persuasion when needed.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- If the Aristocrats are open to the idea, I will suggest that we publicly commit ourselves to stopping the war with Naverre. This way, we might gather more support from other Aluvian factions as well as the public; at the very least, we will create tensions between the Nationalists which we could exploit. If the Aristocrats are worried about the economic problem in Aluvia, I'll just explain there's another way to resolve it and I'm already planning for this. If taking over Aluvia is our goal, we cannot be too greedy. Use Persuasion.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Investigate the companies of the High Queen, and anything related to her, to meet her. Kolson will help. To accomplish that, I have an idea: let's inquire into buying out certain companies... on the Queen's behalf. Obviously, we're not trying to upset her, but we're obvious enough in our approach to have her take notice of us. Hopefully. At the same time, we'll use this opportunity to find out which company would be a worthwhile acquisition to make for the Exchange. Anything that could help with my other activities? In this order of importance: unifying the Blocs by replacing the Undermarket's middle managers, the Shadow Depository and the Criminal Headhunting Task Force (giving a name for you the GM to make your work easier).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Gretta's men will try to find worthwhile allies that could provide support in the future when we try to take over Holtburg. Some people must not like the fact that both sides still want to go to war with Naverre.
  • -Kolson's actions- Kolson will continue to work with the Lady of Holtburg to take out the Separatists while also strengthening his position within the Aluvian military.

Exchange's actions:

• Week's profits: ?
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Continue to rebuild the Exchange Intelligence (spy network).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- My alliance with the Aristocrats is an excellent opportunity for the Exchange to gather more contacts, making my plan to take over the Blocs by replacing the Undermarket's middle managers a lot easier: after all, the middle managers were as important as they were because of the knowledge they possessed.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- The rumor that I killed my best spy? Well, I want my employees to know it's false. So I'll gather them for an announcement which I will do in person. Here's what I tell them: I haven't ordered the death of this spy, nor did I want him dead. After we discovered he was doing something we weren't aware of, we tried to talk to him about it to discover if he had any hidden agenda. Then when he tried to escape, he mysteriously died. We're not sure what happened. Use Persuasion.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Again, let's invest more resources towards setting up these projects: the Shadow Depository, the Black Butterfly (the inn where people go disappear), the Criminal Headhunting Task Force and more importantly, the unification of the Blocs (by replacing the Undermarket middle managers).
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I want the Black Butterfly to rent out quiet rooms, where for X amount of time, a Silence spell is cast. If I can afford to have a permanent Silence spell cast on a few separate rooms instead (or at the very least, a device that uses charges to cast Silence) , that's what I'll do.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I want to upgrade Zeiss' office. If necessary, I will change it to another place within the Veil. Features: it has to be in the middle of all the Exchange's bureaucracy for more efficiency, it has an overhauled records keeping system which makes my job easier, there are at least two secret escape routes built within it (that are littered with traps that only I can deactivate), it is connected to a separate "War Room" with an interactive table shaped like a map of Dereth (which can add markers and pieces to identify different factions, their borders and their forces/resources), there's an area dedicated to meeting my business partners (where I can also offer refreshments), there's another separate area connected to my office which allows me to live there (like my own apartment) which contains a large and hidden safe woven for my soul exclusively, and a permanent Silence spell cast on the whole office (or something that uses charges to cast the spell). Style: it is very practical and has no decorum whatsoever. The only things that are luxurious are there for the sake of important meetings with business partners (nice chairs that change shape for its user, different types of alcohol and pipe-weed available, refrigerated juices from across the continent, etc.). There are two windows which offer a woven view of a nice landscape you could find near Glenden Wood and the weather changes accordingly to Holtburg's. Special note: remember the cell I was put in because the Order claimed I was a warmonger? It had a time warping spell on it which made time pass faster in the inside. I want that, if I can afford it, for my office. I made a deal with the General, so I'll ask him if he can help me acquire this "feature" and maybe reduce its cost.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Choose the three best and trustworthy bureaucrats I have (who are not interested in bribes and such) and have their office move next to mine. These are now my personal secretaries. They will be among the few people allowed to step in my office.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- I hire my own cook/butler (double check with Sareth to make sure he or she is trustworthy). They will be allowed within my office and will also serve my partners when needed.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Let's buy some antidotes to any poison my cook might use. Juuuuuuust in case. Could I have some in my stock?
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Let's put up a cafeteria for my employees. I want to cater to every race possible. It has to be a nice environment for them to be in where good food is served. Might as well get back some of the money I pay them with.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- I give Sareth an important task: weed out the other conspirators within the Exchange. We know they're here and probably plan to take control over the Exchange.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- We'll have to rely on something else other than gold to ensure our employees' loyalty. Which is why I'm setting up a secret movement: the Gilded Sparrows. The Sparrows is a movement of like-minded individuals who are prepared to go to great lengths to ensure the freedom of all sentient beings, even at the cost of "prosperity and order" (kind of like the Assassins in Assassin's Creed, but with the ruthlessness of the Templars). Its members are, for the moment, all handpicked by Zeiss and Sareth themselves. They are elite individuals who excel at their own field of expertise: combat, infiltration, scouting, management, persuasion, etc. You can't apply to become a Sparrow, you're always put forward as candidate by one of its members. However, once you're in, you're given two things: a woven gilded ring of copper which is automatically destroyed when removed from your hand (or when your hand is cut, or if you die, or any other circumstance)... and the truths about Primus that have been discovered up to this point. That knowledge includes: the existence of several organizations (the Pinnacle, the Supremacy, the Directorate, the Eleven, etc.), the Phoenix spell, the Scions, the suspicion that the Pinnacle is governed by one or many Scions who rewrite the memories of the inhabitants of Dereth, Gaerlan, the Lassels, the death of the green mages 14 years ago and everything else I can't think of right now. Since this group is very selective, all of its members will have a name (I can take care of naming the members if you prefer) and have no interest in personal gain. Of course, since this world is crumbling as we speak, the Sparrows will also be charged with the mission to preserve the existence of Dereth, so we won't be recruiting only from within the Exchange, but also from other organizations and nations. Each time the movement finds a potential candidate, we'll take our time to make sure they won't betray us (and scan them for any device once they joined us). Another caveat: we accept Desolate members. We'll figure out a way to hide their condition before we recruit any of them, but I want to make sure every member is aware of that fact. Immediate goals of the movement: scout out potential candidates from within and without the Exchange, free the Exchange from external influences, expand the Exchange's reach to ensure a continuous source of income (and resources) and build up the Sparrows' power base by infiltrating the military, economical and political factions. Long term goals: foil the Pinnacle's plans, stop the war, and kill the remaining hostile Scions who still live (or at the very least disable them). Philosophy: the Gilded Sparrows are the protectors of freedom. However, they know that their own freedom cannot supersede everyone else's, which is why they attempt to strike a balance between their own ambitions and the well being of others. While a Sparrow might use blackmail against one particular target, or even murder, they will never take an innocent hostage. The people who are not part of the "game" are to be left alone. At most, a Sparrow could lie to their target and imply they will hurt their loved ones, but they will never follow through with that threat. It's also acceptable for a Sparrow to have subordinates to order around, as long as some form of oral or written contract has been made. A Sparrow is also someone who believes that the general population should be entrusted with certain truths (the existence of the Phoenix Spell for example) and learn how to deal with it. The only thing that prevents Zeiss from revealing the truth about this matter is the lack of proof and the fact that the Order would probably grow stronger following this revelation. If he could avoid that, he would most certainly make sure that everyone learns about this spell and attempt to guide the citizens of Dereth towards a solution as to how to deal with it. One last thing: all Sparrows are given the right to use the Hub.
  • -Zeiss is personally involved- Find out if Biggs, Wedge and Qui-Gon would make good candidates for the Gilded Sparrows. It doesn't mean we're going to recruit them right away, but only start the process of "reviewing their intentions". That will be the same for all candidates. I'm always, always, on the lookout for candidates. If you think any NPC I encounter would make a good addition to the movement, feel free to notify me and I'll add them to my list of candidates. The other Sparrows can also make their own suggestion as to who to recruit.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Sareth and our most trusted spies will try to find Zeiss' father.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Any employee who is still working for someone else other than the Exchange, even after I made my two previous offers, are going to be given a new job by the Criminal Headhunting Task Force at another company. They're definitely going to work for someone else now. If they refuse this new job, I'll just fire them. However, let's wait until the task force is set up before I do this.
  • -Zeiss the Delegator- Since there's no fighting for now, my two black mages will go back to training people. Also, anyone that signs up for this training has to accept a magical contract that they will offer X years of working exclusively for the Exchange with a slightly reduced salary than what they would usually get. Because it's free training.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:17 pm; edited 60 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next