Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

+2
Archengeia
Zeiss
6 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Week 6: April 28th - 3th May - Page 5 Empty Re: Week 6: April 28th - 3th May

Post by K Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:12 pm

"I hope so." - he replies, more to himself - "With all the people that died today, i hope something got fixed."

He sighs.

"Maybe i'm just not used to all this politics and maneuvering, or maybe i'm just shortsighted. This is a long way from trying to save a town with tainted water, helping some Gnolls get settled or whatever else we did before we decided to set up shop. It's all scheming and mud. The only thing that's plain to see anymore is how the corpses keep piling on."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:27 pm

Kolson Wezrae wrote:I thought about it but being enlisted as an officer may have problems of its own. Like getting assigned to the front or some other shit assignment. I'll take my public acknowledgement of military leadership skills without any of the corresponding military responsibilities any day.

Hmm, didn't about that.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:19 pm

"Maybe, but I'm satisfied knowing that we gave the bad guys a bloody nose today." While the troops carry off their dead and spoils, Rory walks over to the others, fatigued after having spent his Rage on the enemy.

"They started this. They made a fatal mistake by dragging us into it. We start doing any less than what we gave today, we'll start disappointing them, and me. So we keep scheming, even if our enemies stop, and I know we can count on Kolson and Zeiss to hold out and keep making it work."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:46 pm

While the rest of the party is doing some good roleplay, Zeiss is pulling the greatest con of his life.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:40 am

K wrote:"I hope so." - he replies, more to himself - "With all the people that died today, i hope something got fixed."

He sighs.

"Maybe i'm just not used to all this politics and maneuvering, or maybe i'm just shortsighted. This is a long way from trying to save a town with tainted water, helping some Gnolls get settled or whatever else we did before we decided to set up shop. It's all scheming and mud. The only thing that's plain to see anymore is how the corpses keep piling on."

"Well, if it helps at all, the aristocracy of Aluvia was by and large full of thieves, liars, and worse. While the civil war wasn't ideal, it's hard to argue that the world is better off without most of those folks in it. And in one fell swoop too. The trick will be making it stick in the aftermath, now that an even larger power vacuum exists here in the city. What the Lady and the Exchange chooses to do over the coming weeks will have a large hand in that."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:35 am

While all the cool stuff is happening, Javan decides that mopping around was going to destroy his mind, and instead grabs an empty notebook and starts to write down everything that happened with him that day, making an conscious effort to detail everything, in a mix of fairy and common with a personal cipher applied on top.

Between the creation and debugging of his personal cipher and his effort to write things down from recent memory was enough to make him look at what happened that day in a little less personal manner, just enough to allow the dragoon to rest his mind and body in dreamless sleep.
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:54 pm

Kolson Wezrae wrote:"Well, if it helps at all, the aristocracy of Aluvia was by and large full of thieves, liars, and worse. While the civil war wasn't ideal, it's hard to argue that the world is better off without most of those folks in it. And in one fell swoop too. The trick will be making it stick in the aftermath, now that an even larger power vacuum exists here in the city. What the Lady and the Exchange chooses to do over the coming weeks will have a large hand in that."
"I suppose that means you'll have a part to play in reforming the market of this mega city. I see the headlines now, 'Small Mom and Pop Shops to Benefit from Market Reform', assuming you do settle down eventually," Rory insinuates with a wry grin.

"Well, you've got to fill that power vacuum, and quick. You think the Nationalists will stay to lend aid if you ask them for it?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:36 pm

Rory wrote:"I suppose that means you'll have a part to play in reforming the market of this mega city. I see the headlines now, 'Small Mom and Pop Shops to Benefit from Market Reform', assuming you do settle down eventually," Rory insinuates with a wry grin.

"Well, you've got to fill that power vacuum, and quick. You think the Nationalists will stay to lend aid if you ask them for it?"

Kolson smiles in appreciation at Rory's joke. "It's in their best interests to do so. As to whether they'll see it that way remains to be seen, but I'll definitely try to get them to see reason. In the meantime we'll need to move quickly and seize as much of the enemy's assets as we can. We'll need their wealth to rebuild the city and to continue building up the Exchange in general. Not the way I wanted to do it but beggars can't be choosers and I'll need to do so before anyone else realizes that and cuts us out."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 am

Zeiss' personal escape route enables him and the Commander, a Dwarven woman named Gwenna of Anvilmar, to get outside of the City Walls and out into the surrounding roads and traffic.  Gwenna of Anvilmar insists that Zeiss and herself link up with the local outpost to report in and ready themselves for the next phase of things, and starts heading off in a western direction.  Zeiss is not entirely certain which outpost they are heading to, and needs to decide if he will continue the charade or not.

Javan does not dream in the strictest sense of the word, but is haunted by a quiet blue melody that whispers through his crystals all night as he sleeps.

Higaide spends his time in quiet contemplation trying to help Exchange agents salvage the fallen Corvette, finding himself pondering the macabre question of exactly how many liters of different kinds of blood he's seen in the past day alone.  As for the Corvette, the team is able to extract the Magicite Core after extensive effort and make off with it prior to the arrival of Aluvian propers who, naturally, assume the Exchange is there to assist in the Aluvian salvage efforts on the Corvette.

Upon returning to his bunk by the end of the day Rory finds his thoughts turning towards his brethren in the south, wondering why the pieces didn't add up quite right.  From the tone of both the messenger and the letter it seemed that the Humans had been expected to show up there, with passage and settlement already planned by their arrival.  But that was unlikely at best, and impossible at worst, unless someone else was aware of their exodus well in advance.  But what possible use would there be in clandestinely assisting Humans?

Kolson leads his team in looting the unholy hell out of the area.  There is quite a bit of a haul, and Kolson himself catelogues it as the Exchange agents hastily pack it up and shuffle it back into the Veil.  They are actually not the only ones out looting at the moment, coming into conflict with no less than 4 other bandit groups during the course of the pillaging, but none of them are a match for Kolson by himself who is able to talk or beat them down.  The total list of loot is as follows:

a fancy cloak, purple velvet (41 g)
 a fancy cloak, purple velvet (104 g)
 a fancy cloak, silver wolf fur (106 g)
 black opal pendant on a fine gold chain (195 g)
 carved ebony scroll case with white opal caps  (405 g)
 crystal bell and clapper, finely carved (120 g)
 decorative golden sword hilt, falcon design (7 g)
 golden shield, decorative, 4 feet tall, depicting a past warrior's conquests (52 g)
 ivory and silver carving service (60 g)
 ivory bracelet (190 g)
 ivory bracelet (151 g)
 jeweled fan with exotic feathers (9 g)
 large gold ring, curlicue motif, with a claw holding a large round alexandrite gem (137 g)
 large gold ring, curlicue motif, with a claw holding a large round alexandrite gem (100 g)
 large, well-done wool tapestry, depicting a noble house (29 g)
 meteoric iron necklace with sapphire eye (704 g)
 necklace, red gold, with ruby pendants  (270 g)
 oaken staff, shod with meteoric iron, and smoky quartz gems set in the head (30 g)
 ornamental silver inkpot with moonstone gems (7 g)
 phylactery, platinum with emerald gemstones (747 g)
 silver and gold-wrought slave bracelets (53 g)
 silver chalice with eye agate gems (10 g)
 silver chalice with lapis lazuli gems (13 g)
 silver coronet, gem-encrusted (434 g)
 silver-plated steel longsword with jet jewel in hilt (29 g)
 small painting, a hero's exploits (10 g)
 translucent apple chrysoprase gold earring (41 g)
Kolson estimates the total value of these items at around 4054 gold, though of course selling it all might not garner exactly that price. In addition to this, in one of the houses there is a cellar that has clearly already been looted down to the frame for all the alcohol in it, save for a single bottle that was behind a magically augmented lock Kolson was personally able to bypass. The bottle is something he recognizes as Burun Dyoagepaj Liquor, one of the rarest brews in the known world as the process of distilling takes an entire year to produce a single bottle, and for the most part the Burun magnates and Counts are unlikely to part with them. Procuring them is usually an in depth process of spending months 'courting' the brewers to convince them you are more worthy of it than the other petitioners. For a bottle to be up here means either this person had a stupid amount of money, or stole it.

The Lady Hammersmith requests an audience with the leader of the Exchange the very next day, to discuss plans going forward, the future of the Exchange's relationship with the Aluvian government, and proper reward.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:06 am

Now that he has left the bloody streets filled with desecrated corpses behind him, Zeiss realizes he cannot possibly explain to the Separatists why the Lady of Holtburg is refraining from attacking the Exchange's headquarters. With this in mind, he formulates a new plan which he shares with Advoc. He will follow the commander and try to get the location of this outpost out of her by asking questions like: "Do you have any horses hidden away to get there faster?". Something subtle to incite a response which will give him an idea of how far this outpost is and maybe even its location (use the Orator ability Persuasion if I have a charge left; 3/day). If it's less than a day away, Zeiss will follow her until he figures out where it is, kill the commander, go back to Holtburg to inform the Lady Hammersmith, and advice an immediate counterattack that would certainly take them by surprise. If it's possible at all considering our losses.

If Zeiss can't figure out the location of the outpost, he will simply kill the commander and return to Holtburg. No point in torturing her for information since she could lie about it just to spite me.

As leader of the Exchange, Zeiss will meet the Lady of Holtburg at the indicated time alongside Kolson and Advoc. Here's how he will present himself:

• He is respectful and makes the appropriate salutation once they're face to face, but he clearly doesn't care for protocol. The young leader prefers to see the woman hidden behind the mask she presents to the world. Depending on how observant she is, Lady Hammersmith may realize that Zeiss is evaluating her.
  • He is straightforward and very precise when he talks. His choice of words is meant to convey the most information possible in the shortest sentence he can make. Not that he can't be as articulate as any other politician or aristocrat; he simply chooses not to do so to save time. If Lady Hammersmith wanted to have a conversation a fluffy conversation, she should ask to speak with Kolson next time.
  • He presents himself as Zeiss of Dreamkeeper. If her curiosity pushes her to ask why he created this clan name, Zeiss will refuse to answer, explaining that: "I seriously doubt you would believe me. Until you learn to trust my word, I cannot tell you. Suffice to say I fight for my freedom, and consequently, everyone else's."
  • If she asks what kind of reward the Exchange would desire, Zeiss would demand one simple thing: the influence necessary to subjugate the other Blocs within the Holtburg region. No doubt she would like to know what are the Exchange's goals, so in summary: a) reform the Aluvian economy b) resolve the refugees situation c) stop the civil war d) stop the big war and e) rule over the Undermarket's remnants. If she can't give this to us, we'll have to fall back to trade concessions and connections.
  • Kolson wants this specific reward: to publicly receive a medal for his invaluable contribution to this battle, after we have mourned the soldiers who died.
  • Another reward: the discharge of Rory's siblings, if they're still alive. If they are, send them to the Exchange's headquarters with the message that Rory has taken care of their financial problems. I would like the same thing to happen for Higaide's friends, if they have enlisted into the military at all.
  • As to what kind of relationship the Exchange will have with the government: I would prefer to hear what she has to say first. However, I would keep in mind the idea of creating a shell company which acts like the East India company with Kolson at its head. That sounds compelling to me. Kolson would probably leave me with the paperwork and let me set the policies while he focus on the armies.

Also gotta keep some time to check on my troops and thank Gretta for her support. She will be rewarded, of course.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:52 am; edited 7 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:12 am

As an addition to Zeiss' fine post I'll get his people on fencing the loot but I'll check all of it for magic first (Weaving 23 or whatever is appropriate).

I'll also bring the fine brew as a gift to the Lady so we can all toast our success. Checking it for poison first, of course. I'll pour a little bit out and let some rats taste it. I'm sure I can get some down at the docks. Actually, do they have rat catchers here? If so, I'll pay for a few live ones.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:47 am

Archengeia wrote:Upon returning to his bunk by the end of the day Rory finds his thoughts turning towards his brethren in the south, wondering why the pieces didn't add up quite right.  From the tone of both the messenger and the letter it seemed that the Humans had been expected to show up there, with passage and settlement already planned by their arrival.  But that was unlikely at best, and impossible at worst, unless someone else was aware of their exodus well in advance.  But what possible use would there be in clandestinely assisting Humans?
As he processes this, Rory bolts from repose and begins pacing. Under the influence of some liquor and raw emotion - anger, fear? - he grabs a chair and, with all the force he can muster, smashes it against a wall, perforating it with dusty holes or dents in the woodwork. By instinct, he grabs a full bottle of brandy off the table and storms off. It takes all of his willpower to avoid busting the latch on the door as he throws it open, causing it to swing against the adjacent wall. Briskly, he aimlessly wanders about the Veil, approaching the general vicinity of the entrance, cursing and muttering hysterics.

He stops near the entrance, realizing he has not one wit how he might approach this. He turns on his heel and makes a beeline for Kolson's room. He throws that door open with as much abandon as the first, startling the poor guy from his sleep - if the ruckus at Rory's room from earlier hasn't already.

"Kolson! Kolson wake up! It's a trap!" he rambles hoarsely. "The Burun, Tumeroks, Vyeotians, whatever! They're gonna steal them right from under me!"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:41 am

Rory wrote:As he processes this, Rory bolts from repose and begins pacing. Under the influence of some liquor and raw emotion - anger, fear? - he grabs a chair and, with all the force he can muster, smashes it against a wall, perforating it with dusty holes or dents in the woodwork. By instinct, he grabs a full bottle of brandy off the table and storms off. It takes all of his willpower to avoid busting the latch on the door as he throws it open, causing it to swing against the adjacent wall. Briskly, he aimlessly wanders about the Veil, approaching the general vicinity of the entrance, cursing and muttering hysterics.

He stops near the entrance, realizing he has not one wit how he might approach this. He turns on his heel and makes a beeline for Kolson's room. He throws that door open with as much abandon as the first, startling the poor guy from his sleep - if the ruckus at Rory's room from earlier hasn't already.

"Kolson! Kolson wake up! It's a trap!" he rambles hoarsely. "The Burun, Tumeroks, Vyeotians, whatever! They're gonna steal them right from under me!"

"Huh, wha-?" A blurry-eyed Kolson sits up, yawns, and stretches, exposing a bare and hairless chest and sporting a wicked case of bed-head. "Who's trapping seals for you?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:06 am

LOL.
Kolson Wezrae wrote:"Huh, wha-?" A blurry-eyed Kolson sits up, yawns, and stretches, exposing a bare and hairless chest and sporting a wicked case of bed-head. "Who's trapping seals for you?"
"Couldn't have said it better myself," Rory huffs bitterly. "I put everyone on those ships! I just couldn't believe my good fortune, I didn't even think about how they could possibly know. I've been thinking about what that letter said, those ships showing up, it's all too convenient."

Teetering on the edge of desperation, grabbing Kolson by the shoulders, he continues ranting. "A number of people they might need, a quota, job descriptions and the like, that would be more along the lines of what to expect from a company looking for workers. But they want everyone? And they arrived so quickly. But remember the Scions, how easy it is to control people with their minds? Why else would there be a demand for humans? Not just some, but all of them? Or, or, the Vyeotians might want to hold them at ransom over me. I have to get them off those ships Kolson, and I need your help! Can you help me find a way to do that?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:58 am

Rory wrote:"Couldn't have said it better myself," Rory huffs bitterly. "I put everyone on those ships! I just couldn't believe my good fortune, I didn't even think about how they could possibly know. I've been thinking about what that letter said, those ships showing up, it's all too convenient."

Teetering on the edge of desperation, grabbing Kolson by the shoulders, he continues ranting. "A number of people they might need, a quota, job descriptions and the like, that would be more along the lines of what to expect from a company looking for workers. But they want everyone? And they arrived so quickly. But remember the Scions, how easy it is to control people with their minds? Why else would there be a demand for humans? Not just some, but all of them? Or, or, the Vyeotians might want to hold them at ransom over me. I have to get them off those ships Kolson, and I need your help! Can you help me find a way to do that?"

"You mean the ships with your people?" Kolson yawns again, still trying to shrug off the battle fatigue. He starts nodding slowly Rory's plight starts to percolate through his sleep-addled brain. "Of course I'll help you. (Yawn) Need some sea charts (Yawn) figure out where they are. My father had more than a few. We'll need to go to Tia's house. It's probably okay."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:08 am

Hearing the ruckus, Higaide pops up, still shaking off the drowsiness.

"We're on the move again?"
K
K

Character sheet
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:24 pm

OOC: Wait...did they already leave? Oh no. I guess that means I'll have to put off that mission to find the fabled Desolate town for Zeiss. Sorry man. I need to go visit the Thrush or something. Kolson, would you really be okay with coming with me?

"Higaide." Rory's found a new target. "We've been had! Those ships that came for everyone, why? Why do you think? They stole our entire race right from under my nose! And I let them..."

He stops. "Someone sold us out. Who? Tell me we still have them in cells."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:37 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:39 am

OOC:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essoje Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:54 am

OOC:
Essoje
Essoje

Character sheet
Class: Fighter 6/ Dragoon 1/ Green Aberrant 1
Race: Fairy(?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:54 am

OOC:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:51 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:27 pm

That's great, but I was going somewhere when I mentioned the betrayers we might still have locked up, so I'd like to keep that roleplay going. Wink
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:05 pm

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 am

Oh, right. The inside people I meant, the people we caught trading information on our movements, assets, and manpower? The ones who suddenly died when they tried to escape? I forgot that happened. Unless we still have one or a few locked up.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next