Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st adventure: the Fey one

4 posters

Page 17 of 29 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 29  Next

Go down

1st adventure: the Fey one - Page 17 Empty Re: 1st adventure: the Fey one

Post by Zeiss Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:26 am

Saemon and Fedler have started walking down the plaza, with the rest of the party in tow. Irving seems to have finished giving out instructions, as many of the villagers are now spreading out to finish the last preparations.

"Gold?" repeats Saemon. "Pieces of gold?"

"Are you rich or something?" inquires Yen with a mocking tone. "Because Emma's cupcakes aren't that good."

"I wish I could have seen that," says Fedler with a chuckle. "The bakery is just there."

The hunter points to a building which sits between what appears to be a store, with a sign above the entrance which indicates "Damsel's Goods", and a residence with blue blinds.  Fedler and Saemon enter the bakery, and assuming the party follows, they are welcomed by a bulky woman with shoulder-length brown hair. Once she sees who's entered, she almost squeals, and leaves her ovens to approach you.

"Saemon! Fedler! Ader just told me the news! Are these people the ones who helped you kill that awful animal?"

"Technically, we're the ones who helped them," confirms the chief. "So yeah, it's them."

"Thank you so much for what you've done!" she continues. "If it weren't for- wait, aren't you the one who bought a dozen of cupcakes for ten pieces of gold?"

She's looking at Konrad with surprise. Saemon turns to him, and almost yells, "Ten pieces of gold!?" Fedler and Yen can't take it, and they burst out laughing.

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Steve joins them. "When you said you were in a hurry you weren't kidding. A few more gold and you'd own the place!"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:43 pm

"I would be rich if my job wasn't working for the Coins mercenaries, kiddo. If I shelled out 10 gold to replace my steel, they'd laugh me outta town."

skill:

Later, at the bakery...

Konrad shoots a dirty look at Saemon for understating the vitality of their involvement, and then rolls his eyes when the laughing starts. He answers with what sincerity he can muster, "I told you, I nearly had a panic attack. That's right, Emma. I'd be surprised if you'd already forgotten! I'll uh, just take that back. I have silver."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:31 am

Yen looks up to Konrad, and smiles at him. "Yes they would."

Later

Fedler and Yen have started to calm down, just as the baker replies to Konrad. "Oh shush you! There is no way I am letting you pay for those cupcakes now that you have helped protect this village! Here you go." She gives you back all of your gold.

"Speaking of food..." clumsily interjects Saemon. "We were wondering if you would let us take a few plates off your hands."

"Of course, you silly! You just wait here, I have something for all of you."

Emma flashes you a smile and goes in the back. Fedler, tears in her eyes, quickly says, "Thank you... By Deremonda, there really was ten pieces of gold. Ah ah... eh..."

The woman comes back almost immediately holding a cauldron with her left hand, and a loaf of bread with the other.

"So, who's the carrier?"

Yen takes the bread with both her hands.

"And the cauldron?"

Last edited by Zeiss of Dreamkeeper on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:44 am

Mihai takes it.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:52 am

Zeiss wrote:Emma flashes you a smile and goes in the back. Fedler, tears in her eyes, quickly says, "Thank you... By Deremonda, there really was ten pieces of gold. Ah ah... eh..."
Laughing it off, he adds, "Yeah, it was really all I had on me. But anyway, it's not like I'd have thrown my life savings at her just to get some cupcakes." It's not that funny...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Even with the lid on the cauldron, Mihai can tell that this is freshly made stew and there's more than enough to feed your little group.

Yen replies to Konrad, "You should do that next time. We'd have a new story to tell."

Fedler smiles, and faces the baker again. "Thank you Emma. I'll bring back the cauldron later this evening."

"There's no rush, just do it tomorrow once you've had some rest!"

"Sure thing. Let's go everyone."

The young redhead leaves the bakery, with the rest of the party supposedly in tow. Yen runs up to her and takes her hand like if it was the natural thing to do. They walk south, and once out of the village, they continue for fifty metres until they reach a house separated from the others. The surrounding area appears to have been use for farming at some point, but it is no longer the case. If you were to continue south, you would reach the main road, from which your group came from.

Fedler's house:

"Home sweet home," whispers Fedler. Yen let go of her hand and quickly enter the house.

"Come on Breeze!" calls out the little girl. "We're home!"

"Finally!" yells the fairy, who squeezes herself out Steve's bag as fast as she can. "I can't take it anymore!"

She zips through the air to follow Yen. Saemon tries to ignore the fact that this extraordinary being exists, and simply asks, "Is there even going to be enough chairs?"

"Oh, the previous hunter had a bunch of them, but I've put them outside, against the wall. Someone wanna get them?"

OOC:

Once the chairs are brought inside, Fedler will serve everyone a bowl of beef stew along with some bread and wine. Well, no wine for Yen. Breeze will insist that she gets her own glass of wine, which she does, and happily bite into her late dinner. She will complain that her piece of beef is too big, to which Saemon offers to eat it. The fairy will shake her head with force. As for Yen, she will make sure everyone has what they need, bringing some salt and pepper from the cupboard if asked. She seems to know where everything is in this house. She will listen intently to whatever the adults are saying, and laugh when small jokes are made. Fedler will eat in silence unless spoken to, and at a couple of times, a dark expression will randomly appear on her face, but a quick glance at Yen will immediately erase it. After dinner, Yen will sit on Fedler's knees and ask her to braid her hair, which the hunter is happy to do. As for Saemon and Breeze, they'll challenge each other to a game of word chain, starting with "gold". Both of them will smirk at Konrad before they start.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:57 am

As Steve tucks in he'll asks Fedler how long she's lived in the house.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:37 pm

I will ask them about the amount of the payment they agreed upon, and if we're getting paid in the morning.

Where's the fun in starting with a word that's already chosen? "Groat." It's a very old coin that was in circulation way back before they or us(the players, because I'm running with the idea that we're on the same timeline) were alive. And it sounds like "scrote".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:28 am

Saemon doesn't beat around the bush, and does his best to alleviate Konrad's concerns.

"We settled upon two hundred pieces of gold. That and the help we promised to give you. I guess we could get your money right after dinner if you really wanted to, but it might not be the best time since my father is busy coordinating the villagers. We're going to rest until tomorrow anyway, so there's no rush."

As Fedler is digging into her meal, Steve asks his question, to which she casually answers,

"Oh, it's been three years now. When the previous hunter decided to retire, he just gave me his home and the land it's sitting on. I didn't expect that when I took the job, but there's no reason to complain. Me and Yen just moved in, and here we are. It's certainly less cramped than our room in Littlepen."

"I lik'd it tho'gh," comments the young girl while chewing on her stew and bread.

Fedler flicks Yen's upper arm. "No talking when you mouth is full."

"O'kay..." replies Yen, annoyed.

"Wh'y not?" asks Breeze, her mouth full.

The hunter rolls her eyes.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:34 am

OOC:

"Sounds like Littepen was a good home. Were you the hunter there as well?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

After Fedler answers Steve.

"Hey, is there a place in town where i can rearm? My sword kinda disintegrated earlier today."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Yen's appareance:

"Oh, I wasn't the one in charge. There were three of us, which is one too many. I usually filled for the other two when they had something else to take care of, and spent most of my time in town as the go-to person if someone wanted to deal with a hunter. I also took care of the paperwork."

She frowns when she says this last word. Saemon smirks a little.

"I'm the one who takes care of the paperwork here. The mayor prefers to have our hunter out in the woods."

Mihai asks his question.

"You let me handle that,"answers the chief, who goes back to eating his meal.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Kolson:

"So Waterglass's hunter retired, and there you were, the third wheel in Littlepen. Now you get to live in this dreamy cottage," Konrad chimes, adding a little corn to his emphasis. "It is lovely, but are you ever lonely? I mean, I'm sure Yen is good company..."

ooc:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:05 pm

Fedler stops her spoon mid-air for a second, then resumes eating. Without looking away from her bowl, she answers with a casual tone, "Oh, we make do. Work keeps me plenty busy anyway."

At this moment, Breeze takes a sip of wine, which she immediately spits. "That thing is horrible! It's supposed to be made of grapes, but it doesn't taste like juice at all!"

OOC for everyone:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:33 pm

Workaholic, eh? Part of the problem, methinks. Or perhaps coping?

Konrad laughs. "It's not supposed to! I'd say keep drinking and you'll get used to it, but you've probably had enough. Not everyone can hold their weight in liquor."

skill:
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:15 pm

Fedler smiles a little.

"Sounds like a challenge. I would usually take you up on that, but I don't drink at home."

She points at Yen.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:05 am

Rory:

Rory and K:

"It's just as well at any rate since that kind of challenge would have to wait until we conclude our business.

Did you want something else to drink Breeze?"
He looks to Fedler, giving her a questioning look, asking without words what the alternatives are. He's also giving her a graceful exit from this current line of questions whether she knows it or not.

After that is settled Steve will ask Breeze what kinds of food and drink her people usually consume and how they make and acquire it and how often they like to eat.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:22 am

"Oh," he grunts at her interjection. Would you now? Perhaps we could have stayed at the inn. After Kolson voices his approval, he adds, "Very right, we should take a rain check on that. Big day today, big day tomorrow and all that."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:53 pm

Uncertainty appears on Fedler's face. "Uh, I have... water?"

"Boooring," comments the fairy.

"You're boring."

Fedler immediately realizes that it was a lame comeback, and opts to stay silent. She just nods at Konrad's suggestion, feeling the shame. Breeze is happy though, and she answers Steve's questions with a smile.

"We usually tried to pick fruits in the forest when we were hungry. I found a bush full of blueberries once! I tried to keep it all for myself, but the others found out." She pouts a little. "They were so good... but cupcakes are a lot better!" She's smiling once again. "Hey, Goldgiver, give a cupcake to everyone! That'll be our dessert!"

She's looking at Konrad.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:27 pm

"You know, Breeze, nobody actually likes that booze. They just power through it because once you've drunk enough of it, you start to feel really funny. And people can't get enough of it."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Breeze sits down on Konrad's shoulder, and answers Mihai with a joyful tone.

"Yeah, I read something about that. In low doses, alcohol can cause sociability, euphoria, and reduced anxiety; high doses cause intoxication, stupor, or even unconsciousness. Is that what you mean when you say funny?"

She turns to Konrad, inches from his face.

"Oh, can you line up all my cupcakes on the table? I want to admire them."

Yen is giggling at this sight.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:02 pm

"What would you call it?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Breeze's smile grows larger. She throws her arms up in the air, and exclaims with as loud a voice she can muster, "Drunk!"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:07 pm

"Well, you know the word." - Mihai chuckles
K
K