Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

4 posters

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief - Page 13 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

Post by Kolson Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:07 pm

"Aye, aye Captain." After Konrad has left he asks everyone else, "Would anyone like to play some joker poker till supper?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief - Page 13 Empty Re: 2nd adventure: sightseeing and debrief

Post by K Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:42 pm

Mihai is ambivalent, and waits for the others to speak up.
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:48 pm

Fedler replies nonchalantly, "Sure."

Zelk shrugs and says nothing, but will follow the rest of the group for the game. Breeze, relieved that they've changed the subject,  happily chips in. "I'm in it too!"

Last edited by Zeiss on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:51 pm

Mihai shrugs and follows along. He'll just watch the others play, though.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:37 am

As the group goes below deck to play this game of joker poker, they find out that the rest of Zelk's squad are already right in the middle of a game. Breeze immediately proposes that they all play together, which they gladly accept, and soon enough, cards are dealt.

With some persuasion, Fedler undoubtedly manages to convince Mihai to participate too.

From an alleyway sandwiched by two warehouses, Faith watches the Barracuda leave port, ignoring the dock workers passing by her. The shadow of a man creeps up from the end of the alleyway, and slowly approaches Faith. Once he's right beside her, the sun reveals the facial features of a plain-looking man who wears a brown tunic and gray trousers. He follows her gaze, and after a short pause, Faith says, "Speak out loud. This is a bad habit you're taking."

"I am only being prudent," retorts the man. "Who knows who is listening."

"Nobody. Observe your surroundings, and you'll see that I'm right."

The man winces, but only briefly. "You're right," he admits with reluctance. "I just find this form of communication more time-consuming."

"From now on, we will speak like the humans, and reserve wireless transmission for emergencies. We cannot afford to blow our cover."

"Understood."

"Have we learned anything about the Emperor's location?"

"Not yet. We are still establishing our bases of operations across the Archipelago, and the intelligence we've gathered so far is minimal."

Faith stays silent for a few seconds as she considers this information.

"We'll find him," she states with confidence. "Once we do, we'll get some answers."

"What about them?" he asks, gesturing at the Barracuda.

"...I have an idea in mind, but it will have to wait."

"Understood."

She gives the vessel a last glance, before she turns away from it.

"For now, let us meet the fairies," she says.

They both disappear into the alleyway.

13:17 PM, 13th of August
Highwind, Free Feathers

Gray clouds have covered the whole sky, and light rain is now falling. The Barracuda has docked to pier number 4, and the sailors scurry along to their next task; unload the cargo that was bought at Zest's Gate. Zelk Freeron and her squad members are all wearing their normal clothes, including the armband with the emblem of the Free Feathers military sewn on it; after all, there is no more need to hide their identity. The lieutenant faces the 113th Adjunct, and with the icy tone the party has grown used to, she tells them, "We are going to debrief your handler and my direct superior. They've surely identified this ship already. Are you ready?"

"I am!" answers Breeze with a fist raised in the air -she decided to stay into one of Steve's pockets. "Bring it on!"

"She's certainly fired up about this," comments Fredrick. "You should be more like her Adam."

"I already am," replies his colleague with a deadpan tone.

"Oh, I can see that."

"I'm ready to describe the impossible to our bosses," says Fedler.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:45 am

Mihai has his real clothes back on, and won't be caught dead wearing that disguise again.

"Yeah." - he replies, deadpan.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:55 am

Konrad is finally out of that flashy outfit and back in his usual dregs. He spends 1 mana burning the clothes and dumping them overboard as the port city Highwind crests the horizon. Goodnight, sweet prince.

"I just hope the Free Feathers military are an understanding bunch. We could hardly gag and bind that man and drag him back with us." Cuz wow he's super strong. Though I wonder if Steve could have...except he wouldn't. "But at least he's not in the hands of any pirates, or Lorinthians."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 am

The black mage is back in his usual attire, cutting a dashing figure with his signature tricorn hat.

"Lead on, Lieutenant," says Steve with a nod and a general air of discomfort. While the young black mage is generally happy with the outcome of the mission, he can't help but dread how their superiors might react to it. This job was crazy even for the 113th Adjunct.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:03 am

To Konrad, Zelks replies, "We'll see."

Once Steve has also given his accord, she nods, and starts walking towards the center of the city, followed by her squad and the adjunct.

Once the group reaches the Coins' outpost, after passing through the familiar streets of Highwind -even recognizing a few of the shopkeepers-, the receptionist immediately leads them into Sonlake's office. Apparently, he has been informed of their arrival not too long ago, and he is ready to receive them. When they enter the room, they notice that another person is there; a clean-shaved man in his sixties with grey hair who is wearing clean but simply clothes. Sonlake is, as usual, sitting behind his desk while the other man is standing beside him with both of his hands behind his back. Once the receptionist closes the door, all the squad members salute their superior at the same time.

"At ease," he tells them.

Zelk and her subordinates lower their hands. At the sight of the party, your handler discreetly lets out a sigh of relief. "Are you all okay?" he asks with concern.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:09 am

"All accounted for." - Mihai replies deadpan, but decisively.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:16 am

Steve nods in accord with Mihai.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:58 pm

"We are," answers Konrad, all business. Why Mr. Dermold, I didn't know you cared. "Allow me to give you a report. We--"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:11 pm

Sonlake raises his hand. "Thank you, Mr. Granger, but the General wants to learn about the outcome of the mission from Lieutenant Freeron first."

Zelk steps forward. She takes a large stack of paper out of one of her bags. "Sir, during the last two days, I have written a report that details everything that happened. Considering how... 'unique' this mission was, I believe you need to read this first."

She hands the document to the General, which he takes with an austere look. Without moving from his spot, he starts the first page, then quickly flip to the other. This takes a few minutes, but the party notices his frowning gets more severe the more pages he read.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Mihai just keeps stone faced. No point splashing.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Konrad's self-satisfaction begins to fade as well. He believed that the Free Feathers military would be kinder than the Lorinthian military in their handling of the artificial construct if they did receive them, as more than just an 'asset'. At the very least, he believed that the squad they sent believed that. Were they wrong? Looks like someone's gonna start, hmm, how do the youngsters put it? Ah yes, "whining like a little bitch."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 pm

Steve tries to look more comfortable with the proceedings than he actually is. He really doesn't want to embarrass any of his friends in front of the general.

Deception +14 to keep it cool. (I have the ring)
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Konrad:

No one seems to notice Steve's anxiousness, except maybe Fredrick who glances him for a second. After a few minutes of this awkward silence, the general sighs and hands the document over to Sonlake, who immediately begins to flip through the pages; his reading speed is evidently much quicker. The general's gaze now focus on Steve, and ignoring everyone else, he moves towards him. Once he stands in front of the young black mage, he puts his hands behind his back, and asks with a sharp tone, "If I order you to never tell anyone about the events that transpired at Zest's Gate and Nomad's Cove, will you obey?"

Sonlake has redirected his attention towards Steve, just like the rest of the people in this room - except maybe Mihai and Konrad.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Mihai remains stone-faced.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Steve frowns. "Depends. Do you have the authority to give me that order?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:22 pm

"A fair question. Your handler is actually the one who would order you, but I'm the one who would arrange that. Now, please answer the question, Mr. Oldturn."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Konrad also looks at Steve and nods. Obeying is the smart thing to do.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:52 pm

"I was planning to warn Yennefer Melan about Snicker but otherwise I was going to keep the details of the mission to myself. Is that not acceptable?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Steve's words take Fedler by surprise. As for the General, he raises an eyebrow. "Yennefer Melan?" he repeats. "Who is-" He catches sight the redheaded hunter from the corner of his eyes, and realizes what Steve is asking for. After some consideration, he replies, "I see. You are concerned about this child, and what this entity might do to her. I know Melan's teacher very well, and I trust her not to divulge any critical information concerning this mission once I send a copy of this report to her. Would that quell your fears?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:08 pm

"Yes sir," says Steve in relief, happy there will be no conflict. "Will you do the same for the other children then?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:37 pm

"Mme Rosewoods will assuredly protect the children left under her care," replies the general. He then turns towards Sonlake. "Mister Dermold, please consider the contents of this report as classified."

"Yes General," replies your handler.

"Lieutenant Freeron, please take the report back with you once Mr. Dermold has finished reading it. I want you and your unit in my office in one hour."

The whole squad answers at the same time. "Yes sir!"

"Oh, before I forget; Mr. Dermold, you will receive the full payment for this mission tomorrow."

"Payment?" repeats Sonlake, incredulous.

"Good day."

The General leaves the room. Once the door has closed on him, Zelk lets out a sigh of relief.

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next