Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

4 posters

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next

Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 16 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:37 am

"Both and neither. People are more complicated than whatever hat they happen to be wearing at the moment. But that's not really an answer right? I'll just say we all have a collection of hats we wear as circumstance and company dictate and I have no problem believing those particular hats are in your closet somewhere."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women - Page 16 Empty Re: 2.5, mini-adventure: Pretty women

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:39 am

"Between business partners and friends of the family, it's pretty clear who you'd normally rather be authentic around, and who you don't mind putting on a show for. I don't see much point in the latter option, though. Even if i'm not a businessman."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:15 am

"Every wealthy businessman has spending habits. They practically have a duty to move money and stimulate the economy more than we plebs. Perhaps for you its the parties. How often do you hold balls, Mr. Freeron?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:21 am

Sean Freeron listens closely to each of the answers, and gauges the reasoning behind them. Fedler is the last one to answer.

"It feels like a trick question, so I'm not going to say anything," she replies with a smirk.

The old man smiles back at her, then to Konrad's question, he adds, "Every few months or so. The one what will be held tomorrow is a charity one, and all profits made from selling those invitations will be invested in a local orphanage."

"Oh, that's so kind!" comments Breeze, her hands all sticky because of the melted cheese. "You're buying them toys?"

"Yes, among other things."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 am

A hint of realization flashes across Mihai's eyes as he glances at Sean, then Zelk, then Aemilia, then to his food as he goes back to eating it.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:03 am

"Hmm. Guess I should have bought one myself. Speaking of children, Mr. Freeron, what are yours doing these days?"

He asks, half-expecting him to say "nonexistent", or "attach 'grand' to the beginning of that word and look across the table".
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:10 am

Steve takes a big, long sip of wine, his eyes darting between Sean and Konrad. He's staying out of this one.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 am

". . . ."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:11 am

Mister Freeron's expression doesn't waver, but Zelk nevertheless answers for him.

"You've already met my father Konrad. He's the owner of the inn located between Highwind and Waterglass."

"Right!" exclaims Breeze. "That's the one where Steve told him that-"

"Yes, yes," interrupts Zelk, who glances at Aemilia with a watchful eye. "He also doesn't have any siblings."

OOC:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:25 am

Recover fast, Zelk! What did we say about ix-nay on the ob-jay? "Oh. That was him? He's doing pretty well for himself, master Freeron. We stayed there a few months back, got acquainted somewhat. He's got a son of his own, did you know? Good lad. Between the two of them, someone's a good cook." Helped us out. If only I'd paid more attention to what was going on...

"Can't help but be curious though, is there any personal motivation for donating to this charity?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 am

Zelk lets out an almost imperceptible sigh of relief when Konrad drops the subject.

"I'm glad to hear it," replies the master of the house. Then to his question, he adds, "Personal motivation? Except the desire to help my community, no, there isn't any. Nobody wants to see kids living on the streets after all."

"This is the third ball you'll be holding for this orphanage, right?" asks Aemilia.

"The fourth actually."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:41 am

The part about kids living on the streets turns Mihai's gaze to Sean for a moment, before going back to the lasagna.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:46 am

"Does this money support them for the entire year then?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:11 am

"A little over a year actually."

"This includes even their education?" asks Fedler, surprised by the amount of money that must be donated to make this possible.

"Yes, and this time, the staff is planning to call in a recruiter from the Citadel to assess the innate magical talents of certain children."

"Hmm." Aemilia considers this new information for a moment. "Is becoming a mage really something a child would ask for? You do ask for their opinion before you send them to the Citadel, right?"

"Of course, and believe me, some of these children would jump at the chance of living at the Citadel."

Zelk focuses on her plate a little more than usual, while Fedler decides to take this moment to pour herself a cup of wine. Both of them give a quick glance at Breeze, and are taken aback by how much the small creature has eaten; the equivalent of two mouthfuls of lasagna.

"Oh, I think that's enough," says the blue-haired girl, now sitting on the table, her legs crossed. "I shouldn't have eaten that much for lunch."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:21 am

While everyone is distracted Steve puts his hand on Zelk's forearm and gives it a little squeeze. When she looks at him he'll smile to let her know she isn't alone.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:24 am

Mihai mechanically keeps to his plate.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:57 am

Uptight (no), demure(no), reserved (no), retentive (no?)...reticent.
"Where they're taught the reticent way of life following the 30 Tenets of Deremonda. Sounds like a dream come true for impressionable young minds that hunger for food and knowledge," he comments, slipping in the tang of cynicism and a side glance at Aemilia.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 am

"Food goes a long way to impress you when you're hungry." - Mihai comments offhand - "And there are worse places you can send a kid to."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:40 pm

From what Konrad can tell, Aemilia appears to be enjoying the conversation.

Zelk is a little surprised by Steve, but she flashes a brief smile at him before returning her attention to the discussion at hand.

"Mihai is right; the Citadel isn't all that bad. And believe me, if Stoicism really was a cornerstone of the Citadel's curriculum, Steve here wouldn't be as bad as he is."

This gets a chuckle from Aemilia who, after witnessing the latest of Steve's antics back at the beach, has now an idea of what kind of person he is.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Konrad laughs. "People in Myr would think he's doing fine. You ever been to Myr, Mr. Freeron?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:04 pm

"Only for business," answers the old man. "And that was a long time ago. In retrospect, I should have explored the island while I could."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:22 pm

"Well I don't think it's too late to take a business vacation."

He's about to take another bite of his lasagna and stops. "I'm starting to feel a little homesick, myself. Maybe business will take me out that way again. One can hope."

"I wish I could take you with me," he says to Aemilia.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:12 pm

"A vacation does sound nice," she says. "But I can hardly leave my company alone. Unlike you mister Freeron; surely you can afford to take a vacation."

"I certainly could," he concedes. "But going on a trip alone doesn't appeal to me. Maybe if I was twenty years younger..."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:25 pm

"Well, I'm sure we could find a way. For now though, maybe we could grab souvenirs if we find ourselves in the area."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:34 pm

This suggestion seems to spark an idea in Fedler's mind.

"A souvenir, uh..." she ponders.

Almost everyone is finished with their meal, which prompts Sean to ask, "Would anyone like another portion? Let me warn you however that we also have a desert coming up; chocolate cake, right Gwen?"

The butler, who's been standing near the wall for all this time, readily retorts, "Chocolate pudding, sir."

"Close enough."

"I think I'm still hungry after all," says Breeze, her mouth already drooling.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next