Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 11 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Rory Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:54 am

"Ah, I get it. I'm definitely not going to judge. Heh, I wonder if my mother feels the same. I'm sure they're not all limp-wristed in the Feywild, though."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 11 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:10 am

"No, not everyone." Zoe shivers. "Don't mess with the Archfey if you can help it. I wasn't kidding about that. If my paternal great, great, grand uncle hadn't hated my cousins with a passion I wouldn't be here right now. As it is, I'm likely only safe for as long as he lives, which is hopefully forever."

---------------------------------------------

"You are half right, Katheryn." He points at the well with his staff. "She'll appear from the well to hold court with visitors but when left to her own devices she sleeps in the depths of her Well and dreams of love and loss."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:17 am

"Oh, she can breathe down there?" Kathryn is surprised by this. "Hmm, it's not a normal well after all... Do you think she would be upset if I joined her down there? It seems she could use a friend, but I don't want to intrude. It's like getting in her bed while she sleeps."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:19 am

"So, if he liked your cousins, then...what?? Okay, we can go over this later. I'm going to follow our tree-friend's advice and take a nap."

"Hey, can you sing me to sleep?" He playfully nudges her.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 am

"Sure," Zoe agrees sarcastically. She breaks into an off-key rendition of "It's a Small World After All." It's just as horrible as it usually is except Hunter lacks the context of the song completely and it's been translated into elven besides.

"Unless you can breathe water, I don't recommend it," Wanderer says with a snort and a kind chuckle. "But if you want to rest without disturbing her you can do so near the well. I'll watch over you both, if you like."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:32 am

"What the heck is that?" he laughs. "Are you sure they went to sleep? They were probably pretending just to get you to stop!"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 am

"She can breathe underwater?" This impresses her greatly. "Oh, but I guess it would make sense, since it's her well and all." She starts to prepare a little spot where she'll be able to sleep. "Oh, why are you transparent? You a real ghost or something?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:49 am

The cleric's pointy ears turn bright red. She punches Hunter lightly on the shoulder in a joking manner, "Shut up." She leads Hunter back to the bedroom to take a quick nap on the beds. No reason to waste them. Hunter does likewise.

Wanderer laughs. "What gave it away? The lack of smell perhaps? My eyebrows maybe?" He shuffles his fine eyebrows up and down on his face making a ridiculous image.

Last edited by Kolson on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:59 am

Kathryn laughs at this amusing expression. She then rolls one of her shirts into a ball, and then lies down on the grass to use it as an improvised pillow. "I should rest now. Gotta be ready for the battle."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:01 am

"A good plan if battle threatens. Sleep now, Katheryn, I'll wake you when it's time."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:03 am

"Thanks."

She takes a moment to admire the unknown stars that lit the sky, before slowly closing her eyes, and falling asleep after only a few minutes.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Carlos heads back into the Grove to wash his gear in the creek. Carefully setting down his hammer and mechanically removing his armor Carlos spends the next while washing out the blood, checking for damage, and buffing out any nicks. At some point in the process Katheryn entered the Grove to do the same but moving further southwest so that they both can have some privacy. Finally satisfied with his work, the dwarf lays up against Eyton to watch the creek but his fatigue soon overwhelms him and he is asleep long before Katheryn heads to the Feywild.

And so Carlos dreams...

Dream 1:

Dream 2:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:03 pm

Kathryn and Carlos:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 am

Carlos and Zoe:
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:22 am

Kathryn and Hunter:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Okay, so everyone has gathered in the meditation room per Carlos' request. There are two benches, one along the south wall and the other along the east wall. Zoe sits on the bench to the east, Jojo next to her, and finally Liam chooses to remain standing. He leans against the northern wall.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:56 pm

Kathryn spots Zoe on the bench and decides to sit down next to her, opposite Jojo.

"We having a meeting?" she asks the half-elf. "Hunter said you have something to tell us."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:02 am

""Yuppers. I'll wait till everyone is here. I'm sure we'll talk strategy too." The cleric looks down at Kat's shiny armor and exclaims, "Oh, how did you get it so clean? Do you know magic?"

Jojo leans forward to see.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:09 am

"Hmm?" The white-haired woman briefly looks down at her armor. "Carlos and Hunter said something like that too. Isn't it supposed to look like this after you clean it in the water?"

These comments are clearly starting to puzzle her.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:11 am

"It should get cleaner, yes," says Jojo, "but you'd normally have to use some kind of polish to get it that way. Have you had anyone take a look at your armor for enchantments?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:13 am

"Enchantments?" This idea has never crossed her mind. "Why would it be enchanted? I found it in a burned down manor." She looks at the armor in a new way. "I mean, you can take a look at it if you want, but I doubt you'll find anything."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:15 am

Carlos actually has to stop himself from laughing when he hears about the self-cleaning armor of awesome again, and Kathryn's simplicity. Trying to keep from getting sidetracked, he now speaks to everyone, though he addresses mostly Liam.

"I'll cut right to it, if no one mind. Eyton talked to me in my sleep just now. Gave me a better understanding of what happened here. There are things you'll want to know, but the really important bit right now is that he vouched for Allinandra."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 am

Liam sputters in flabbergasted incredulity. "What?" he finally manages, accidentally yelling in his surprise.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:29 am

"I know, i know..." - Carlos attempts to disarm the incredulity and keep it focused - "I just slept against the tree, since it didn't feel right to take the beds of your friends so soon after..." - he trails off for a moment, but then catches himself and continues - "Well that's just it, Liam. Dianne did give her life, but the rest of them are safe with some Gnomes. Eyton wouldn't tell me where, but i know Allinandra is friends with at least one of them, so she knows."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:31 am

"What, why? I don't understand. What do you mean the rest are safe? Why would Allinandra know?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next