Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

5 posters

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 12 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:33 am

Carlos sighs - "As Eyton told it, this was a plan between her and Dianne to get Nesme overthrown. I don't really know the details. If you want the whole story, we'll have to ask Allinandra herself. Eyton said he won't be available again for another couple centuries."
K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While! - Page 12 Empty Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good Long While!

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:39 am

"Why would she do it at all?"
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:53 am

Carlos shrugs - "Nesme is evil, Allinandra likes Enihahes and is cousin to Dianne..." - he slumps his shoulders as he enumerates off the top of his head - "Also..." - he hesitates a bit - "Maybe she just wants to bury the hatchet between you and them. She'd have good reason to." - he runs out of words for a moment, before refocusing himself - "Anyway, you'll have to ask her."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:57 am

Liam tries to respond but he stops and starts 3 times before giving up. Zoe stands up and goes to his side, leading the poor druid to an empty bench seat on the south wall. She sits with him, patting him on the back.

Jojo says, "What else do you have on your mind, Carlos?" The sorcerer is clearly frazzled by these revelations but is trying to keep things focused.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:02 am

Kathryn has been silent through this whole exchange, and still is. Judging by her posture, she seems relaxed, and there's an inexplicable tenderness in her gaze. She keeps listening.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:10 am

"So...no one really died? This...I believe you, but this makes no sense to me."

He frowns as he turns over the information he's been given.

"Actually...it does make sense. Nesme was supposed to be vulnerable. But now she has Ludmilla...but she's not expecting us to live through this... Did Eyton vouch for the Woodsinger clan members outside?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:18 am

Carlos shakes his head - "No, he didn't. That unsevered thread out there is probably Allinandra's gift to us. Hunter you take Jo and go through the Feywild, and take position in case things go sour. I'll take Kat and Zoe and go out the front door." - then he approaches Liam, and for the next few words he completely drops his Dwarven accent and speaks in perfect Nerathi - "You were treated really badly in all of this, Liam. I won't insult you by pretending to know what you're going through, but right now we need a guide to help Hunter and Jojo sneak to that spot and help us bring an end to this. Are you able?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:25 am

"Hold on!" Hunter stands up, his fingers twitching for half a second.

"You said the entire grove was in on this. If that's the case, then why wasn't Liam or the two kids informed?"

He regards Liam with new suspicion. "What are you doing here, Liam? If that is your real name. If those really are children back there. If they really are sound asleep."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:31 am

"¡Oy, Hunter!" - Carlos snaps - "If you can't read between the lines, at least stop antagonizing. He's the Master of the House now."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 am

Liam looks over at Hunter, rage in his eyes. "You think I wanted this? This had little to do with what I wanted! She obviously left me here so I could explain things to you and guide you through this dumb, idiotic, and stupid plan!" He buries his face in his hands, clearly distraught.

"Hunter!" Zoe chastises the ranger, scowling at him and making a fist for good measure. She goes back to comforting the druid. "There, there, Liam. You aren't alone. Most of us are friends."

Jojo strikes a pose, clearly hating the confrontation. He manages to say, "Hunter, maybe don't insult our guide."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:52 am

"You're right." - Carlos reaches out to Liam again, still in perfect Nerathi - "It's dumb, idiotic, stupid, and extremely unfair to you. Honestly, even i am upset that you were treated like this. But all we can do now is act, Liam. Your answers are on the other side of that entrance. ¿What do you say we bring an end to this?"
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:56 am

"Okay...you're right. Of course, she wouldn't want to tell you. I'm sorry." He is sufficiently cowed by everyone who spoke up.

"Not yet, Carlos. There's a reason one of us can't go to the Feywild, and we need that out in the open." He turns to Zoe. "Go ahead, Zoe."
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:08 am

Zoe nods. "I discussed this with Hunter and Carlos already but I think you should all know. I was banished from the Feywild for bringing justice to my awful cousins there. I can't enter the plane or I'll be an oathbreaker. It's why I have to go out the front door instead of with the other team through the Feywild." She hugs Liam. "Carlos is right, you need to lead them. You are the only one who can."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:18 am

Now it clicks, what she said about her grandfather. Or was it her granduncle? "I think I get it now. What I don't understand is why you didn't want to tell us. You trust us, right? If you treat it like a badge of honor, why keep it hidden?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:19 am

Kathryn blinks a few times after hearing Hunter's comment. "...I think she just told us."
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:24 am

"Yes, exactly, just as Kat says. It's not much of an exile if I go around boasting about it. They need to believe they are really punishing me or they might make it a point to destroy me and my friends."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:27 am

"Fine. Well, we can keep this just between us." He frowns. "How could they know? They aren't looking at you through a mirror right this instant, are they?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:29 am

"Knowing Ethaynia she might be. She's a literal witch."
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:30 am

Kathryn shifts uncomfortably on her seat, but keeps listening to this conversation.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 am

Noticing Kathryn's uneasiness, Carlos pipes up - "Oy back to the matter at hand, people."
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 am

"Yeah. Weren't we supposed to talk to Allinandra with the pendant? Eyton did something to it, right?"
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:34 am

"Right, sorry.

In the mean time, Liam has managed to compose himself. He says, "I'm ready I think. We need answers, right? I'm ready for 'em." He looks determined and angry.
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:36 am

"Let's go see that pendant. If we can talk to her, remember: nothing above a whisper, alright?"
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by K Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:36 am

To Kathryn's question - "Ay, i asked him to track who it connected to. He already told me it's Allinandra." - he explains - "I'll give her a pep talk before we go out, see if we get this off on the right foot."

Then nods to Liam.
K
K

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:40 am

Liam nods, determination clear on his face. Everyone heads towards the Grove. Carlos approaches Eyton and the tree "hands" the pendant to him using a branch. The pendent has been altered into a tree surrounded by elaborate knot-work. The center of the tree is a button, which Carlos surmises activates the transmission of sound.

Last edited by Kolson on Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next