Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House

3 posters

Go down

First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House Empty First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Zeiss and Kolson arrive at a surprisingly humble looking abode, which resides amongst dozens others like it. Simple, rounded roof and sandstone walls, good for protecting against desert winds, and a simple sign up front no one bothered to take down reading (in Common, Orcish, and Undercommon): "Al-Erat Guardian's Residence".
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House Empty Re: First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:42 pm

well... at least we know this is the place.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Water
Class: Ranger
Race: Mite

Back to top Go down

First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House Empty Re: First Adventure 07.1: Harkun's House

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:08 pm

"Yes... Keep your voice low."

They had to whisper, just in case someone was in the house. Zeiss approached it, carefully.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm

"well, time to be sneaky sneaky"
Spoiler:
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:40 pm

Zeiss finds a fairly complicated trap but after some effort managed to disarm it. The door itself is locked, but after a couple of attempts that proves no real issue as well, and the trio enter the house. It's a simple, three room affair, and looks like it's in fairly good condition all things considered. There's a desk with some basic paperwork, a working Magicite cold box storing some food, a few other basic nicknacks.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:44 pm

"There is nobody..."

Zeiss wasn't really interested in proof that could incriminate Harkun or someone else. He came here for one reason : the possibility to find gold. And he intented to find it.

He started to look in the first room.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:46 pm

Araiguna looks at the paperwork, to see if theres anything criminalizing that could be used in a court to find him guilty
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Zeiss, if you find any gold you better split it with me and kolson.
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Zeiss:
Spoiler:

Araiguna:
You search the desk thoroughly but to your surprise find mostly normal paperwork; receipts from a local dry cleaner, reports from his guardsmen about some wild Shreths that have been acting up near one of the farmlands, and other mundane activities of like manner.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:52 pm

"this is all far too normal..."
I'd like to check that magisite box for any secret compartments and if nothing, i'll just take it if it's small enough. a mini-fridge could be nice
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 pm

Gold. Exactly what he hoped for. And there was quite a lot. It would be difficult to take without alerting Kolson and Araiguna, but it was worth it. If they found out about it, he would only suggest to share the treasure.

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Araiguna:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 pm

"zeiss.... what did your mother teach you about sharing with others? if you share with me and kolson, the rest of the group never has to know." do we have a deal?
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:12 pm

He had been caught.

"A deal, huh...?"

No, his mother never teached him to share. He could not even remember her.

"Fine... We share. But I keep what I already took."

He looked at the chest.

"Show me your sack. I'll divide it."

Spoiler:
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:15 pm

Araiguna & Kolson:
Spoiler:
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm

"zeiss!!!!" looking very frustrated "give me all of your gold (even the amount you started with) so that we can divvy this up fairly. At this point i have no Idea how much you took but the only way for us to get our fair share NOW is that you put all of your gold into the pile. NOOOOWWW!!!!!"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 pm

Zeiss took his rapier out and pointed it to Araiguna.

"You are NOT taking my gold..."

He had to stay calm. There was no reason to fight them.

"You want to divide the sum equally. Fine. I took three gold pieces before you spotted me. Here."

He threw the pieces back in the chest.

"You can divide the sum. Happy now?"

He let his rapier down but kept it in his hand. To make sure the gold was divided equally.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:30 pm

"and how do i know you didn't take so much more gold than that? as far as i'm concerned as soon as you start cheating us you lose the right to have a fair say in how it is divided. If you pay to mend Kolson's arm, i think i can forgive these.... minor inconveniences.. possibly even including the threats i have received not all too kindly."
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:38 pm

"You want Kelson's arm to be healed? You pay for it. And if you want to tell the others about what I did, you can do so."

He raised his rapier back at Araiguna.

"But know this : if I was to be injured or killed, the Bloodied Flock would make sure that the responsible ones would pay for this act."

He looked at him.

"Now, you can divide the sum. Equally."

Spoiler:

Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:47 pm

"Get that thing out of my face!... you're acting so rashly i doubt you even know how to use it. very admirable of you to send your thug friends after me. I don't care if you die, but it would be wasted effort for me to touch you. I'd just be stooping to your level. Here!' gives him his share of the gold (149g each) "i'm going to keep a very close eye on you from now on. that mini fridge is mine though"
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Other than the food box (which currently has a selection of raw steaks in it as well as some eggs) and the gold there is nothing of note here. In fact it looks like Harkun had fled without even touching his house on his way out.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Araiguna Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:52 pm

"well, it looks like there isnt anything of use here. we should probably head out before someone catches us"

He takes the food box and examines it's contents and mechanical workings out of sheer curiosity to figure out how it works
Araiguna
Araiguna

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:57 pm

Zeiss sheathed his rapier.

"Glad that we came to an agreement."

He took his fair share. 150 gold pieces. It was unfortunate that he was caught, but he still became richer. And there was the Guild's reward for the contract that he would get soon.

"Looks like there's nothing else here... let's return to the Guild Hall."

Now, Araiguna would leave him alone. Even though he just lied to him about the Flock taking revenge.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down