Archengeia's D&D Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your theme song?

+7
K
Permeus (tabran)
Hanuel and Dara(Toilarin)
Archengeia
Kolson
Zeiss
Snarg of Wildpaw
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What's your theme song? - Page 3 Empty Re: What's your theme song?

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 am

Thanks for the new song, Arch, I've got something new in my playlist for work tomorrow.

Once had a 24-hour shift while I only had this to listen to. It was a complicated situation to say the least:

I had it as an earbug for months afterwards. There's been a love/hate relationship with that song for years now.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Fire
Class: Barbarian / Ranger / Bloodhound / Geomancer
Race: Gnoll

http://thethirdgames.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am

24 hours!? ...Mother of God...get this man some water...
Rory
Rory

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Earth
Class: Barbarian Pugilist(5/3)
Race: Human

Back to top Go down

Post by Kolson Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:54 am

Gwydo wrote:What does it say about me when my playlist (unconsciously placed in this order mind you) has the following songs

That you are either facing great difficulties in your life right now or have excellent taste in music. One of the two at least. Smile

You guys are lucky. I usually get Cyndi Lauper's "The Goonies 'R' Good Enough" stuck in my head for no rhyme or reason. :p
Kolson
Kolson

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Dark
Class: Red Mage
Race: Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 am

Whoo. Oh good.
I was worried that by posting that, I might be putting myself on an NSA watchlist for "Potential Serial Killers"....
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:31 pm

Okay after listening to every song on Gwydo's playlist, I have successfully realized that I've heard of three of the songs on it!  That's actually pretty high for me, but in truth I only know of the fear the reaper song thanks to some Mass Effect videos from a few years ago.

But none can resist the final countdown.
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Nothingness
Class: GM
Race: Nobody

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:37 pm

More than I. Also, I'm pretty sure we're all on that list after all the WMD talk.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:28 pm

I have to ask.  How did you end up with only one SFA song to listen to?  I mean no offense to the game (in fact I praise it more than I probably should) but... why?
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Back in high school I was an administrator for a small browser game which I did customer service and a bit of coding. When they had a major update everything went wrong and there were tickets and chat requests constantly, the forum was exploding, and everyone was going through the game trying to fix all the stuff that had broken.

At that point in time I was still saving up to build my first actual gaming PC. I was currently using an old one I had cobbled together using a bunch of old parts people had thrown out. It was running Windows NT in all its glory! It ran pretty well most of the time, but it did have its particular hangups. It had just so happened that particular SFA track was playing when the media player decided to freeze up on me. I'd had that happen before and usually a restart would fix it, since it just wouldn't want to end the process for some reason. However, this day was different. I had opened that file individually for some reason so it was stuck on single repeat until I restarted.

"No problem," you might think, "just restart and you're good, right?" Well, the customer service system we used was pretty ... unique. By "unique" I mean "the devil's work." You had to connect to the system first which was very spotty on a bad connection (still had dial-up at that time). If you got a connection you stayed on that connection unless it was an absolute emergency, otherwise you might spend the next half-hour trying to get it back. I'm not sure what they were using, but combined with my connection, it sucked.

It's also worth mentioning that I did not own any way of listening to music outside of my computer. I didn't have an iPod, a smart phone, and the CD player had recently bought the farm. A pair of earbuds and the headphone jack was all I had.

Anyway, disconnecting during this time of crisis was not an option. I was constantly fielding angry customers, trying to explain what was going on, and digging through the spagetthi pile of code to figure out why everyone's account was broken. All-in-all it took nearly 24-hours of work to calm the situation down, fix the code, fix the database that the code messed up, and get the game running again. In that entire time that particular track was blasting through the earbuds. I tried working in silence for a bit of the time, but I developed a sort of Stockholm syndrome for it. It turned from mild annoyance to muted audio to something I couldn't live without.

Long story short: the stars aligned and that was pretty much the only thing I had available.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Archengeia Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 pm

*nods sympathetically while he prepares the instant death serum, as a kindness*
Archengeia
Archengeia

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:20 am

What's your theme song? - Page 3 43452950
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:23 pm

So I wanted to respond to this thread for some time now, but I had to do something first. You'll see soon.

As for you Arch and your taste in music, I don't think you're strange for listening to video games music. I think you're strange for not really listening to any other kind of music. Razz

And Snarg... huh. Yeah. I'm going to send a message in the past and cheer you up. Because of the change in the space-continuum, your whole life will change and you will never know the meaning of happiness ever again.

So, GWYDO! I did some work for you. Seeing what kind of music you seem to like, I thought about linking you a YouTube link that would play one of my favorite albums of all time : Black Dog There, by The Box. But, oh surprise, that album is so unknown that there is only ONE song of this album on YouTube. I am NOT kidding. So I decided to open up my video editor program, do some editing and upload the whole album on the Net. If you like Pink Floyd or Concept Albums in general, you're gonna love Black Dog There. And if you don't, there's got to be another player in our little group who does. And if there isn't, at least some people in the world will be able to discover it. Listen to it, it's a little gem. Well, a big gem. A true diamond in fact. In my opinion, it's as good as The Dark Side of The Moon or The Wall

The playlist LINK IS HERE.

There, I'm gone. Won't bother you anymore.
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwydo Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:32 am

Nicely done Zeiss. I can definitely see the Pink Floyd influence (good call by the way, I DO like Pink Floyd). Also seemed at times to have traces of They Might Be Giants. I don't know that I would go quite so far as claiming it is AS good as Dark Side or The Wall Cool, but is was good.
Marking as a favourite so I can return easily and listen.

Snarg, you have my condolences. Unlike my wife who likes to work in silence, I can't stand NOT having something running in the background. I can't imagine being stuck with the SAME song for that long though.

Arch, I'm sorry to have opened your musical horizons, please forgive me for imposing non-game related tunes into your sheltered world...
 lol! 
I am curious what the third song you recognized was though.
Gwydo
Gwydo

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Life
Class: Paladin
Race: Lugian

Back to top Go down

Post by Snarg of Wildpaw Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:34 am

Heh, I would have taken it over a shift in retail any day.

Thanks for uploading that, Zeiss. I'll have to take a listen to it.
Snarg of Wildpaw
Snarg of Wildpaw

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeiss Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:41 am

Happy to make other people happy. Very Happy
Zeiss
Zeiss

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity:
Class:
Race:

Back to top Go down

Post by K Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:12 pm

¡Necrobump Special!

You know what, my boy Omi needs a theme song.

K
K

Character sheet
Elemental Affinity: Air
Class: Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:32 am

New theme for Deke! To replace that offcolor Shadowrun track I chose before. I wanted to pick something that communicated that my character was the scrappy type of magic user, but it just doesn't fit with the setting or with the direction I ultimately went with the feel of his personality. So while still as much of a scrapper as a mage can be, here's his new theme.

Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 pm

Official theme song for everyone's (not-so)favorite pirate, Konrad. Treat this as a suite, as he's a man of many faces, but overall, the motif is one of victory within reach, or struggle with the intended destination of one's journey in sight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8HAy9WAYs

Something you may expect to hear when entering the Veksis'(Vahrran, he got a name change) quarters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2f-SeMxpkE

Can't come up with a good theme for him...think Star Wars noir or something.
Rory
Rory

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum